Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E06: Week 6

• Start Topic

On 8/15/2022 at 9:23 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Johnny resembles a scoop of cold mashed potatoes from a school cafeteria. He’s just so blah, I didn’t even know his name until tonight. 

Johnny seems depressed. Of all the guys in that group, he seems the least into it. Tyler is cute and sweet...25 but reminds me of a college kid and has a small beach store. Spencer seems humorless; maybe he does have humor, but it isn't shown. "Graduate student" or "small-shop owner" may not be what these women are looking for (I know Spence was previously in the military). 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Tuneful said:

Johnny seems depressed. Of all the guys in that group, he seems the least into it. Tyler is cute and sweet...25, but reminds me of a college kid, and owns a small beach store. Spencer seems humorless; maybe he does have humor but it isn't shown, and "graduate student" may not be what Gabby is looking for, although he was previously in the military. 

Fun fact about Tyler and college - he graduated from the same college as me! Of course I graduated 20 years ago but I digress.. I also grew up frequenting the beach town where he has his boardwalk shop. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2
1 minute ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Tyler looks like a Joey Lawrence wanna be and all of 15 years old until he takes off his shirt. I can’t see Rachel with him. 

Isn’t he the nice guy who told Gabby he wasn’t interested?   Rachel chose him for numbers, I think.  

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Amy Beth said:

That was very weird. “A situation”? Aren’t they all his close contacts?

Yea, I did not hear Jesse tell the men that Logan tested + for Covid. Did he leave the men wondering what type of situation Logan got in to? This is the scene we saw in a coming attraction - Jesse telling the group that Logan was involved in a 'situation'. It led many of us to think Logan caused some type of problem. Little did we know the poor guy 'only' got sick.

13 minutes ago, Tink said:

Why cancel the cocktail party due to Covid but they get time with her tomorrow? Anything Covid-related won’t resolve overnight.

Aren't they all going to have to test at some point now? So why weren't the men told?

• Love 5

That cheese "competition" was really stupid. Way to hurt your neck, back, knees, because you feel you have to look macho. I've had multiple back and neck injuries that started in my mid-20s. Nothing to fool around with. Oh and both knees are shot, that was in my 50s. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Isn’t he the nice guy who told Gabby he wasn’t interested?   Rachel chose him for numbers, I think.  

Yeah, I think so. I feel much less invested in who does what this season. I have Bachelorette fatigue with both of them there. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Tino looks so disappointed he didn't get a rose! Oh, now because he did everything right he should have won the prize. It is disconcerting to hear the guys talking about "winning" as if developing a relationship is a competition.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
Just now, dizzyd said:

Tino waving his red flags again. 

Yes, Tino may not be the best choice for Rachel. An overly emotional woman and a jealous controlling man?

Did I just hear one of the guys use the word 'bitch'....???

• Love 1

I am sure Rachel was told not to give the date rose to Tino.  They always want them to pass it around and never give the same guy the date rose over and over again.  It also causes drama.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
Just now, Lamb18 said:

Tino looks so disappointed he didn't get a rose! Oh, now because he did everything right so he should have won the prize. It is disconcerting to hear the guys talking about "winning" as if developing a relationship is a competition.

Yeah.  He can’t conceive of the thought that other guys did things right too and that chemistry is more than ticking a box.  So obviously insecure Rachel will pick him for hometowns.  

He also seems like the kind of guy who would constantly demand attention and sulk if he doesn’t get his way. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Jax7917 said:

How is hometowns next week ? It feels like we just started the season and we’ve hardly seen the girls with any of these guys . Other seasons were rushed but not like this one . 

It’s coz they started with the same number of guys as other seasons but the guys were split between the 2 so it’s like every week has been a double elimination.

• Like 2

Who was the guy on night one that was shushing Gabby while he was doing some sort of presentation on a white board ? I can’t remember which guy it was but I remember she seemed into him 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, phlebas said:

Tyler's dad is Patrick Warburton?

That’s exactly what I was going to say. Maybe he’s a close friend of the family you whip out to  make an impression 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Mind Blown 2
  • Love 1

I really liked Gabby’s white blouse during that weird group date. The weird group date not so much. 

Is it odd that I only pay attention when Jesse shows up?

Zach seems way too normal and sincere to be on this show. Maybe Spencer too. 

Why can’t rose ceremonies be in a climate controlled location? Everyone looks miserable.

I should look this up, but when is BIP starting? It feels late in the summer at this point. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, GracieK said:

Tyler needs to make the next Jersey Shore tee shirt fad at his boardwalk store “Tino’s a baby back bitch” 

Yes on rewind I see that is where the 'bitch' came from!

Tino has issues. I thought they gave these people a psych test before taking them on the show?

I'm behind in watching but I think Rachel giving the group date rose to Tyler makes it pretty obvious who is going home tonight and I think Ethan realizes it's going to be him. I think he's the only one who has not been on a one-on-one and she seems way more into the rest of the guys.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

That’s exactly what I was going to say. Maybe he’s a close friend of the family you whip out to  make an impression 🤷🏻‍♀️

Was that Tyler or Zach?  I was thinking it was Zach as he  has the deep voice.  I probably have to rewatch.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

I am not even watching this season but reading here...thanks for this thread y'all.

Google tells me Patrick Warburton has 4 children not named Tyler. And he's been married to the same woman since 1991 or 92 so not a step situation. Maybe an uncle or family friend?

Apparently PW is Zach's uncle!

Edited by Lilac2000
  • Like 2
  • Useful 4
7 minutes ago, kazza said:

I should look this up, but when is BIP starting? It feels late in the summer at this point. 

BIP is starting later this year and will begin after Bachelorette ends. It seems weird to run a summer show in the fall. I think it might have to do with there no longer being a Dancing with the Stars on ABC.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

I don’t generally notice uptalk as much as other people but holy 💩, Rachel’s voice goes octaves higher with every word she says . She needs to tone it down it just doesn’t come off as real . 

• Like 4

There’s like less than a handful of one on one dates a season and it seems like such a waste to give it to a guy that you know you’re sending home before the date even  starts . Just knock on his hotel room door and say your goodbyes . Give the date to a guy you want to get to know more . 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

This all plays like a prep to position Nate as the next Bachelor.   It is like when Clayton had all that extra goodbye time.  

I really hope not.

I couldn't watch him as the bachelor knowing how deceitful he has been to women in the past. If the producers give him the role knowing his history it would turn me off of the show in general.

I have no problem skipping any seasons when I am not interested in the lead or if I object to them for some reason. I skipped Colton's season since I felt the producers chose him to exploit his status as a virgin. They could have given the lead to Jason Tartick that year who I think would have made a great bach.

• Applause 2
  • Love 3

Conspiracy theories out there already regarding Logan and that it wasn’t Covid that caused his exit. It certainly is suspect that he tested positive and then they cancel the cocktail party but all gather non-masked the next night? Like those exposed wouldn’t even necessarily test positive yet. And you would think that the entire cast getting Covid would be a pretty big issue to deal with.  So strange.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, Melonie77 said:

I really hope not.

I couldn't watch him as the bachelor knowing how deceitful he has been to women in the past. If the producers give him the role knowing his history it would turn me off of the show in general.

I have no problem skipping any seasons when I am not interested in the lead or if I object to them for some reason. I skipped Colton's season since I felt the producers chose him to exploit his status as a virgin. They could have given the lead to Jason Tartick that year who I think would have made a great bach.

Sometimes their choice changes a few times before they finally settle.  I think Nate was a front runner, but producers are probably happy that things came out before they made their final choice.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

It is disconcerting to hear the guys talking about "winning" as if developing a relationship is a competition.

But it is a competition.  That’s the entire premise of the show.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

How is it hometowns when I don’t know half their names? Hopefully Gabby and Rachel know that much.

Yeah, I don't like or dislike any of the guys, and usually by this point I have some opinions. I don’t know all their names yet.

14 minutes ago, Jax7917 said:

There’s like less than a handful of one on one dates a season and it seems like such a waste to give it to a guy that you know you’re sending home before the date even  starts . Just knock on his hotel room door and say your goodbyes . Give the date to a guy you want to get to know more . 

Yes, that is pretty stupid. Wasting a one on one date to cut someone loose.

I have a strong feeling that if, on a season of The Bachelor, a woman with a child was cut because the lead "wasn't ready to be a dad" there would be outrage.

• Applause 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Jax7917 said:

How is hometowns next week ? It feels like we just started the season and we’ve hardly seen the girls with any of these guys . Other seasons were rushed but not like this one . 

59 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

It’s coz they started with the same number of guys as other seasons but the guys were split between the 2 so it’s like every week has been a double elimination.

And they are racing through the dates showing limited footage of each one due to having to present a narrative for two different women.
I wonder why they didn't just extend the season by a couple of episodes. I'm sure they shot plenty of film and could have edited what they had and continued the season a little longer.

• Love 4

This season feels so rushed, which is a bummer because I genuinely like both Bachelorettes. Happy Rachel is my favorite Rachel, she's so pretty and sweet when they let her do something other than cry onscreen. Gabby is adorable and fun and I hope they both end up happy.

Tino feels like he's getting a Jordan Rodgers edit, where he was really jealous and competitive and everyone talked about the red flags and how he just wanted to "win" but it turns out he was just genuinely really, really into Jojo and now they are married. For Rachel's sake, I hope it's the same with Tino but only time will tell, I suppose. I like that he at least seemed a bit sheepish the next day and kind of apologized to Ethan for his little spiral.

Speaking of Ethan, he seems like a really good guy and I liked that Rachel genuinely thanked him for making the experience so positive. It'd be fun to see more of him on Paradise or something because he showed snippets of a great sense of humor. 

I don't feel like we are getting to know Gabby's group well enough. I can't even remember hearing Spencer talk. So much time was spent on Nate and Gabby's concerns/insecurities in past episodes that I feel like I haven't seen very much of Erich, and only slightly more of Johnny and Jason. 

Edited by SallyAlbright
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 7