Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Breaking Bad

• Start Topic

Might be minor or even, well, whatever.

I noticed the precision with which Jimmy/Saul/Gene performs tasks related to schemes.

1216 & 1261 Xacto blade, type of paper, etc.

the billboard, clothing, hair, teeth whitening

bottle caps (GENTLY pushed on) and barbiturates 

Contrasted with his slapdash making of his Rusty Nail every night…spillage, lemon juice everywhere.

He cares about his schemes.  Maybe not so much about himself.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Yup there is no redemption for Gene at this point, but you know what? Let’s stop treating his identities like they’re separate people. Saul, Gene…the one thing that has been made clear in these past few episodes is that it was ALWAYS Jimmy. He’s the same person he was back when he was a two-but hustler. The only difference is that anything good about him is long gone

I agree.

I read some internet commentary after Nippy that Gene was symbolically saying goodbye to the Saul phase of his life when he looked at the garish shirt and tie, but left them in the department store (never mind that it wasn't a shirt he wore as Saul Goodman attorney, but a shirt almost identical to the one when he pulled his last scam as Jimmy with Marco).

After watching this episode, the point seems to be that clothes don't make the man. That regardless of whether he's dressed as Jimmy McGill, Saul Goodman the lawyer or Gene Takovic the Cinnabon manager, he's still a scam artist.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Constantinople said:

I agree.

I read some internet commentary after Nippy that Gene was symbolically saying goodbye to the Saul phase of his life when he looked at the garish shirt and tie, but left them in the department store (never mind that it wasn't a shirt he wore as Saul Goodman attorney, but a shirt almost identical to the one when he pulled his last scam as Jimmy with Marco).

After watching this episode, the point seems to be that clothes don't make the man. That regardless of whether he's dressed as Jimmy McGill, Saul Goodman the lawyer or Gene Takovic the Cinnabon manager, he's still a scam artist.

Jimmy, Saul and Gene are different phases of the same man. Jimmy is the younger man who still has a chance to change. Saul is when he's firmly on the road to destruction but still has a chance to change. Gene is a man whose given up and is resigned to his doom. 

Edited by scenario
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

Other show writers have done this. 🤷‍♀️ I don’t really consider the information to be “spoilers,” but does shut down speculation that it can’t be “that Danny,” which I appreciate.

OK, I take back what I said about the information being spoilery.  But I still think it's an open issue about whether Daniel Wormald ends up as "Danny".  If they didn't find a way to work it into the show, it's up to the viewer to fill in the gaps according to their liking.  I have heard the phrase "death of the author" used to describe this dynamic. 

And honestly, to me the stories don't line up.  Wormald does not strike as the kind of guy who would be inspired to open up his own laser tag business.  It would make more sense to me if Wormald first ran into trouble with the stock market and sought out Saul for help, who then set up the business for Wormald to run on his behalf.  

Edited by PeterPirate
7 hours ago, PeterPirate said:

OK, I take back what I said about the information being spoilery.  But I still think it's an open issue about whether Daniel Wormald ends up as "Danny".  If they didn't find a way to work it into the show, it's up to the viewer to fill in the gaps according to their liking.  I have heard the phrase "death of the author" used to describe this dynamic. 

And honestly, to me the stories don't line up.  Wormald does not strike as the kind of guy who would be inspired to open up his own laser tag business.  It would make more sense to me if Wormald first ran into trouble with the stock market and sought out Saul for help, who then set up the business for Wormald to run on his behalf.  

I could see Wormald being a legit spin-off.

Socially awkward, intellectually challenged, situationally tone-deaf, he could use lessons learned from Mike and Nacho and Saul to slowly morph into some amazing drug lord.

Much humor and hijinks at first blend into much more serious actions later.

The actor did a great job as the myopic (literally and figuratively) doofus. It would be terrifying if he gradually became this monster over time.

He’s not a complete moron. He is, after all, an I.T. guy for a pharmaceutical company. That sort of knowledge base could be used to great effect in acquiring great power.

• Love 2

I think Daniel "Price" Wormald fits the profile perfectly for owning a laser tag place...seems exactly what a nerdy person would chose to laundry their drug money.

And a Wormald spin off would be excellent! 

Edited by SimplexFish
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Lalo Lives said:

Kind of interesting for me…I just didn’t really pay attention to the barbiturates thing. Kind of like Dumbo getting hammered back in the day. Cute, funny…but a cartoon. In many ways Jimmy is a live action cartoon.

BUT you guys are bringing up good points.

Perhaps had the victims been women I would have been creeped out. Then visions of Bill Cosby would have popped into my head. And the injury potential is there. Probably a mile-long list of medical conditions people have that are adversely affected by downers.

A question for me is this:

Will Jimmy EVER have an event happen that causes some serious introspection?

Or is he just a little boy with a sling shot and everything else is a potential target?

It's one of those things you can just apply the golden rule to (which Jimmy never does, you're right that he doesn't do serious introspection). You would never think that was okay. It's a felony for a reason.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Lalo Lives said:

Perhaps had the victims been women I would have been creeped out. Then visions of Bill Cosby would have popped into my head. And the injury potential is there. Probably a mile-long list of medical conditions people have that are adversely affected by downers.

This reminds of discussion of the 2019 film Hustlers with Jennifer Lopez et al. Jimmy's scam was very similar to what the dancer protagonists of that film started doing with rich Wall Street guys who came into the club. They would pretend to drink with them, then give them a ketamine/MDMA mix and raid their credit cards. I didn't see a mention earlier in the thread, but I hope I'm not the 15th person to bring it up. 

Re: BCS and gender. In some of the old episodes, Chuck is 100 percent right about something down to the last detail, and Jimmy is saying, come on, Chuck, don't you see how crazy this sounds? You're tired. You bumped your head. Etc. I was thinking, if Chuck were Jimmy's wife or girlfriend or even an older sister, no matter how much of a bitch she was and how much reason we as viewers had to dislike her, I think a lot more viewers would have turned on him. Charges of gaslighting would be thrown around a lot more. That term gets used a little too broadly these days, but some of Jimmy's actions with Chuck were the real deal. In the play and film(s) that started it all, the heroine was correct in her perceptions, and her villainous husband was trying to make her believe otherwise -- and doubt her sanity -- for his own agenda.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SimplexFish said:

I think Daniel "Price" Wormald fits the profile perfectly for owning a laser tag place...seems exactly what a nerdy person would chose to laundry their drug money.  

That's fine, but it's a retcon of how Saul first described Danny to Walt in episode 311 of BB.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The ONLY spinoff I want to see at this point is a prequel called That's My Lalo!

It's a multi-camera 30-minute sitcom with laugh track where that scamp Lalo gets into zany scrapes and misunderstandings that always end with another character laughing ruefully and saying "That's my Lalo!"

But also EVERY episode ends with a grisly, meticulously planned and executed murder involving either fire, acid, or flaying (or sometimes all three). That's my Lalo!

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Penman61 said:

The ONLY spinoff I want to see at this point is a prequel called That's My Lalo!

It's a multi-camera 30-minute sitcom with laugh track where that scamp Lalo gets into zany scrapes and misunderstandings that always end with another character laughing ruefully and saying "That's my Lalo!"

But also EVERY episode ends with a grisly, meticulously planned and executed murder involving either fire, acid, or flaying (or sometimes all three). That's my Lalo!

Perhaps with a proud Abuelita giving him a hug at the end of each episode.

Half way through each episode is a 2 min “how to” cooking demo.

I know these have actually been done-the cooking thing-and I definitely want to try Lalo’s taco recipe. None of that gringo stuff.

re: flaying. My 10th grade history teacher was beyond cool. She told us about flaying and many other historic methods of ruining people’s lives. Great ice breakers for parties.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

None of these characters are static, even Wormald who is as close to pure caricature as near enough anyone (I guess Ken Wins is broader).  Plus, I'm not sure the 311 description of Danny contradicts the Daniel we know in the slightest.  He made a pie sex tape to keep a secret so you have to think he would be pretty committed to keeping a money laundering arrangement going.  And once you consider that the person selling the fib is Saul who in the same scene talked about how he convinced someone he was Kevin Costner... well, I think he could make Wormald look like a half-way credible character.

I don't know the character has the depth to carry a series (sure, you could say the same about Saul, but we never saw him outside work mode).  However a Wormald film would be hilarious.  Partner him with Steven Ogg and have cameos from Huell and Kuby.  One big ridiculous caper that's a pastiche of the meticulous cons from BB and BCS but worked out by the worst possible people for the job.

1 hour ago, Simon Boccanegra said:

This reminds of discussion of the 2019 film Hustlers with Jennifer Lopez et al. Jimmy's scam was very similar to what the dancer protagonists of that film started doing with rich Wall Street guys who came into the club. They would pretend to drink with them, then give them a ketamine/MDMA mix and raid their credit cards. I didn't see a mention earlier in the thread, but I hope I'm not the 15th person to bring it up. 

Re: BCS and gender. In some of the old episodes, Chuck is 100 percent right about something down to the last detail, and Jimmy is saying, come on, Chuck, don't you see how crazy this sounds? You're tired. You bumped your head. Etc. I was thinking, if Chuck were Jimmy's wife or girlfriend or even an older sister, no matter how much of a bitch she was and how much reason we as viewers had to dislike her, I think a lot more viewers would have turned on him. Charges of gaslighting would be thrown around a lot more. That term gets used a little too broadly these days, but some of Jimmy's actions with Chuck were the real deal. In the play and film(s) that started it all, the heroine was correct in her perceptions, and her villainous husband was trying to make her believe otherwise -- and doubt her sanity -- for his own agenda.

Yeah, I agree. If Chuck were a sister, wife, girlfriend, or mother we’d be very grumpy with Jimmy. But a pompous bother? Fair game.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Lalo Lives said:

Yeah, I agree. If Chuck were a sister, wife, girlfriend, or mother we’d be very grumpy with Jimmy. But a pompous bother? Fair game.

Plenty of women deserve to be considered fair game too! 😂

• Love 2
2 hours ago, PeterPirate said:

That's fine, but it's a retcon of how Saul first described Danny to Walt in episode 311 of BB.  

In what way?

Of course I don't remember every appearance and mention of Danny (or Pryce). I see that at the Breaking Bad wiki, the article on Wormald is written as if he's the Danny of Lazer Base. And btw, I'm not saying "That answers that!"

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

In what way?

Of course I don't remember every appearance and mention of Danny (or Pryce). I see that at the Breaking Bad wiki, the article on Wormald is written as if he's the Danny of Lazer Base. And btw, I'm not saying "That answers that!"

I went back and watched the Danny portions of episode 311.  Here's what Saul told Walt.

Danny followed his vision and opened up a laser tag business.  Then he lost money in the stock market.  Then he sought help from Saul, who turned Danny into a money launderer.  

Everyone is going to have their own take on things.  But the Daniel Wormald I saw in BCS would not open up a laser tag business for honest reasons.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PeterPirate said:

I went back and watched the Danny portions of episode 311.  Here's what Saul told Walt.

Danny followed his vision and opened up a laser tag business.  Then he lost money in the stock market.  Then he sought help from Saul, who turned Danny into a money launderer.  

Everyone is going to have their own take on things.  But the Daniel Wormald I saw in BCS would not open up a laser tag business for honest reasons.  

I mean, he's presented as the kind of guy who spends lavishly on stupid and/or childish obsessions (baseball cards, "a school bus for six-year-old pimps"), so laser tag seems like something that might catch his eye. And Saul wouldn't be much of a lawyer if he went around confessing one client's crimes to another client, so I can see why he wouldn't say, "You can trust him because he bought it with the money he made selling stolen pharmaceuticals."

Edited to add: Someone on Reddit also pointed out that the Lazer Base sign is in the same red-and-yellow color scheme as Pryce's garish SUV.

Edited by Dev F
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, Dev F said:

I mean, he's presented as the kind of guy who spends lavishly on stupid and/or childish obsessions (baseball cards, "a school bus for six-year-old pimps"), so laser tag seems like something that might catch his eye. 

Sounds reasonable.  I can even add a supporting argument that the last time we see Wormald it's because Nacho broke into his home to get an empty medicine. We can infer Wormald has stopped working with Nacho and is trying to follow the straight-and-narrow.  But it's not show canon.   

33 minutes ago, Dev F said:

And Saul wouldn't be much of a lawyer if he went around confessing one client's crimes to another client, so I can see why he wouldn't say, "You can trust him because he bought it with the money he made selling stolen pharmaceuticals."

Except that Saul is presenting Danny as a money launderer.  I don't see why Saul would inform Walt about one crime but not another if he was worried about gaining Walt's trust. 

And that illustrates why I don't like the Daniel-is-Danny scenario.  In order to accept it I also have to live with a certain amount of cognitive dissonance.    

Edited by PeterPirate

Saul is a classic unreliable narrator. Bits and pieces of what he says are true but you can't totally rely on anything he says. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, scenario said:

Saul is a classic unreliable narrator. Bits and pieces of what he says are true but you can't totally rely on anything he says. 

True.  Absent corroborating evidence, you are free to discard anything anyone says.  

12 minutes ago, PeterPirate said:

True.  Absent corroborating evidence, you are free to discard anything anyone says.  

Some narrators are more reliable than others. Saul is always in scam mode. He is exceptionally unreliable. Other people in the show don't seem to lie as a default. They lie when under pressure to do so.  

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, scenario said:

Some narrators are more reliable than others. Saul is always in scam mode. He is exceptionally unreliable. Other people in the show don't seem to lie as a default. They lie when under pressure to do so.  

True.  But what pressure was Saul under when he was describing Danny's money-laundering business to Walt?  

And again, your point only illustrates mine.  In order to accept the Daniel-is-Danny scenario, you have to watch BB episode 311 and pick out the parts that are true from the ones that aren't, simply on the basis of fitting the pieces into a narrative.  That sounds like one of those "it took me out of the scene" moments others talk about.  

Edited by PeterPirate

Except that Saul is presenting Danny as a money launderer.  I don't see why Saul would inform Walt about one crime but not another if he was worried about gaining Walt's trust.

Well, I think Saul's other clients are the money launderers in this scenario. Danny's not described as playing an active role; he's just the guy who's willing to "look the other way to keep his dream afloat." The fact that Danny may have bought the place with drug money rather than stock market profits doesn't really contribute to that characterization—if anything, it's presents a potential liability, since Danny is supposed to be the squeaky-clean face of their "legitimate business."

Which is another reason why Wormald makes sense as Danny to me: because he presents as the sort of guileless goober who couldn't possibly be mixed up in anything dangerously criminal—the perfect face for Saul's money laundering.

Edited by Dev F
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Dev F said:

Which is another reason why Wormald makes sense as Danny to me: because he presents as the sort of guileless goober who couldn't possibly be mixed up in anything dangerously criminal—the perfect face for Saul's money laundering.

I agree.  That part fits very well.  For me the part that doesn't fit is that it was Wormald's "dream" to open a laser tag business instead of a shop that traded baseball cards and other collectibles.  

True.  But what pressure was Saul under when he was describing Danny's money-laundering business to Walt?  

And again, your point only illustrates mine.  In order to accept the Daniel-is-Danny scenario, you have to watch BB episode 311 and pick out the parts that are true from the ones that aren't, simply on the basis of fitting the pieces into a narrative.  That sounds like one of those "it took me out of the scene" moments others talk about.  

Why tell the truth when a more flamboyant lie will do?

• LOL 1
12 hours ago, SimplexFish said:

And a Wormald spin off would be excellent! 

The Enforcer- aka, the Hit Man (the “S” is silent)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3876380/mediaviewer/rm3501255425/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

Edited by Lalo Lives
Bad ytping
  • LOL 1
15 hours ago, Penman61 said:

15 hours ago, Lalo Lives said:

Perhaps with a proud Abuelita giving him a hug at the end of each episode.

Half way through each episode is a 2 min “how to” cooking demo.

I know these have actually been done-the cooking thing-and I definitely want to try Lalo’s taco recipe. None of that gringo stuff.

re: flaying. My 10th grade history teacher was beyond cool. She told us about flaying and many other historic methods of ruining people’s lives. Great ice breakers for parties.

Everybody Loves Lalo?

• Applause 2
  • Love 1

A few days late, but this was a very good episode. The cross-cutting between the BB and Omaha timelines really drove home what a self-destructive loop Saul has created for himself. His nature has condemned him into doubling down on his past mistakes rather than learning from them and trying to grow. Reminded me a little of the flashbacks from the final season of Boardwalk Empire (though BCS integrated them somewhat more successfully). 

Random notes:

• Disappointing to hear from Tom Schnauz that the writers never got around to showing the first time Saul suggests murdering someone. That is a major, major difference between Jimmy and Saul in my eyes, a trigger that I had been waiting for this show to pull since the very beginning. Wouldn't it be far more impactful to see how far he's fallen to see him actually agree to have someone killed rather than simply witness how sleazy and shallow his personality became?
  • Haven't read the thread in full, so IDK if someone raised this question before, but: Should we be wondering how Gene got in touch with the criminals they were selling the ID's to?
  • Underestimate Carol Burnett at your own risk.
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, scenario said:

Why tell the truth when a more flamboyant lie will do?

True.  But who is the one telling the flamboyant lie?

Better Call Saul season 6 theory: Kim death sealed after huge phone call clue 'Hard to do'

Tom Schnauz has warned fans they may have to expect the worst for Jimmy/Saul/Gene’s (Bob Odenkirk) wife Kim Wexler (Rhea Seehorn).

Tom has suggested Gene might have discovered his wife Kim was dead after all this time in the latest episode of Better Call Saul, Breaking Bad.

“You said she's alive, but I don't know. Is she alive?” Tom teased, dropping the biggest clue yet Kim didn't make it.

• Sad 1
9 minutes ago, PeterPirate said:

At this point, we have no idea. 

I think Saul will say anything he has to to anyone to get what he wants. If the truth will do but he thinks a little lie will be just a little bit better, he'll lie. 

So if there's a theory that is backed by some evidence and the only thing really against the theory is some off hand comment Saul said, I take what Saul says with a grain of salt. 

• Love 1
On 8/4/2022 at 8:37 PM, Lalo Lives said:

Kind of interesting for me…I just didn’t really pay attention to the barbiturates thing. Kind of like Dumbo getting hammered back in the day. Cute, funny…but a cartoon. In many ways Jimmy is a live action cartoon.

BUT you guys are bringing up good points.

A question for me is this:

Will Jimmy EVER have an event happen that causes some serious introspection?

Or is he just a little boy with a sling shot and everything else is a potential target?

Based on my rewatch, I now doubt Jimmy is capable of true repentance.  It seems that he and Kim have fundamental character flaws that prevent them from true change and thus no real redemption.  It makes me a little sad, because I never got that feeling with Walt…..idk.  Perhaps, my skepticism has dimmed my outlook.  So, at this point, I don’t need Jimmy or Kim to feel bad, get punished, learn a lesson or try to move forward.  Just a containment, immobilization or elimination would suffice. Enough damage has been done.  For me, a touch by Jimmy, Saul, Gene or Kim is just messed up.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, scenario said:

So if there's a theory that is backed by some evidence and the only thing really against the theory is some off hand comment Saul said, I take what Saul says with a grain of salt. 

OK.  What evidence backs up the theory that Daniel Wormald is Laser Tag Danny?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Based on my rewatch, I now doubt Jimmy is capable of true repentance.  It seems that he and Kim have fundamental character flaws that prevent them from true change and thus no real redemption.  It makes me a little sad, because I never got that feeling with Walt…..idk.  Perhaps, my skepticism has dimmed my outlook.  So, at this point, I don’t need Jimmy or Kim to feel bad, get punished, learn a lesson or try to move forward.  Just a containment, immobilization or elimination would suffice. Enough damage has been done.  For me, a touch by Jimmy, Saul, Gene or Kim is just messed up.  

I never really cared about repentance and redemption. I care that people learn to be productive members of society. 

People are a product of both who they are and their environment. Jimmy and Kim are both warped. But the were perfectly capable of living a normal productive life in the beginning. But they made poor decision after poor decision and no one they cared about steered them in the right direction. 

The Salamanca's are evil because their family teaches them to be evil from the start whether or not they were born that way.

Nacho had a good environment and good role models but the lure of easy money was too much for him. Ultimately he was killed by greed. He knew pretty quickly he was going down the wrong path but was too afraid or greedy to change his path. 

3 minutes ago, PeterPirate said:

OK.  What evidence backs up the theory that Daniel Wormald is Laser Tag Danny?

I have no idea. The idea doesn't really interest me. I just think an offhand comment by a known liar doesn't mean a whole lot against the idea. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Sitcom spinoffs 

I Love Lalo 

Lalo marries a German engineering genius and always has lots of explaining to do.

Lalo Meets World / School Of Rock / Head Of The Class

Running from the law, Lalo mistakenly steals the identity of a high school substitute teacher instead of the international banker originally targeted. He takes a job at a snotty private school to blend in... But will these students teach him something????

Glaa

Lalo believes that a teenage employee of Gus is a critical link in the supply chain. Lalo learns that said teenager failed to get a part in the high school musical. So when the kid posts a Craigslist ad looking for a singing coach, Lalo answers it, hoping to gather intel on Gus... But will Lalo learn a life lesson instead????

Edited by paigow
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
21 minutes ago, paigow said:

School Of Rock 

Running from the law, Lalo mistakenly steals the identity of a high school substitute teacher instead of the international banker originally targeted. He takes a job at a snotty private school to blend in... But will these students teach him something?

The lead singer of "No Vacancy" had better be looking over his shoulder after they beat Lalo's band.  Not that it will do him any good.  You never see Lalo coming.  

Also, I like the Lalo/Principal Joan Cusack pairing.

• Love 1

Love Courtney's analyses and observations, like Walter White and Jimmy are both the Frankenstein monster and the mad scientist/creator. 

There was a shot that I didn't think about until seeing it again in her video. It's a birds-eye view of the crossroads. I assume it was done with a drone, but it's very steady.

3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Just a containment, immobilization or elimination would suffice. Enough damage has been done.  For me, a touch by Jimmy, Saul, Gene or Kim is just messed up.

This is my view as well. The last we saw Kim she appeared to recognize she had had a hand in someone's exit from the planet, and removed herself from doing more harm with Jimmy, but that's all we know. She may have gone completely straight, neutralized herself, or not.  Jimmy only doubled down as Saul and is still wreaking havoc as Gene.  He needs one of your suggested ends -- containment, immobilization or elimination. 

• Love 8

WALO In Cincinnati - Another botched identity theft sends Lalo to Cincinnati as the new owner of the lowest rated radio station there. Can he whip his bizarre assortment of employees into shape before they drive him insane???

Edited by paigow
  • LOL 6
9 hours ago, paigow said:

WALO In Cincinnati - Another botched identity theft sends Lalo to Cincinnati as the new owner of the lowest rated radio station there. Can he whip his bizarre assortment of employees into shape before they drive him insane???

Baby, if you ever wondered

Wondered whatever became of me

I'm buried in cement in Albuquerque

Albuquerque Coyote 102.5

Got kinda tired of packin' and unpackin'

Germany, Mexico, the sewer

Proving that superlab got the best of me

So maybe think of me once in a while

I'm at Lavandería Brillante in Albuquerque

• Wink 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

I'll play.  What Saul was thinking when the hood was pulled off.

Lalo

Kneeling before an open grave  
Two goons standing by my side
Thought I was safe, un amigo de cartel
It was just my foolish pride 

Chorus
Lalo, you got me on my knees
Lalo, I swear it wasn't me
Lalo, Nacho did it, he's the one to blame

Dragged your money through the desert
Posted bail and you skipped town
You came back here, tapped Howard in the head
Turned my whole world upside down  

Now I'm back here in the desert
Bound and hooded and dragged around
Michael told me you weren't coming back
I wish you died in your compound  

ETA:  RIP Ray Liotta.

Edited by PeterPirate
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5

I love BCS, but I find these last 2 episodes uncharacteristically self-indulgent. I spent most of Nippy wondering, "when will we get back to the story?" Only to realize the show had chosen to take a full episode to demonstrate that Jimmy had to get the two guys who recognized him off his back with a con - and in doing so realized he couldn't stay away from the con himself. 

Then this ep featured a really obvious couple of anvils ("polish that spot on the floor") and a tedious run up to ... a phone call at an abandoned gas station. That was the most interesting part of the ep.

Carol Burnett's character is intriguing. And it crossed my mind that Gene and Mike live the same, tedious home lives, for sort of the same reasons, until they get to do something exciting. That was about it.

The BB stuff? It has been so long since I watched that show, none of it triggered any memories for me. I mean, nice fan service, but wasn't necessary.

• Love 3