Type keyword(s) to search

Season 24 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

Terrance suggesting Kyle to talk to Jasmine first in jury should be interesting since Jasmine kept saying she didn't want a cookout 2.0 forming in the house. 

Terrance also made sure to tell Kyle to tell Jasmine that Terrance sent Kyle to her first. Even Terrance has better jury management than Brittany - you know Jasmine will love the fact that she was the first to know about Kyle's house shenanigans anything really, it doesn't even matter, she's that person in every forum that posts FIRST! the second a new post goes up.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I started the episode so jaded about the reveal and didn’t see the point when watching them planning this live but now I can’t wait to watch this all blow up. Anyone else feeling the same?

Edited by dizzyd
1 minute ago, dizzyd said:

I started the episode so jaded about the reveal and didn’t see the point when watching them planning this live but now I can’t wait to watch this all blow up. Anyone else feeling the same?

Yes, I'm very curious to see how this is handled.

1 minute ago, dizzyd said:

I started the episode so jaded about the reveal and didn’t see the point when watching them planning this live but now I can’t wait for this to all blow up. Anyone else feeling the same?

Yes especially since the editors showed all of Kyle's cocky DRs. 

• Love 2

I gotta say this is probably one of my all time favorite comps it's almost always nerve wracking and I love watching people fall down it makes me laugh and laugh.

Another A+ read on the house from Terrance.

He is like Renny though she had more on the ball, they both were older players who were more confused and oblivious than keyed in.

• Love 1

That’s one thing I didn’t see live that Kyle did try to talk to them in the HoH before DR. Let’s see what they show of the house meeting. I also hope we get to see him blowing up at Brittany while the rest were watching the movie. 

Edited by dizzyd

Super interesting because Kyle, to Alyssa and to the person in the DR, absolutely claims that it wasn't about race but we know from re-tellings of the House Meeting that Kyle said it was about race. Which makes me think that my initial gut reaction of him saying that it was about race just to shut everyone up was correct.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Well...gross. Kyle and Michael and Brittany (cause they held the info and used it for game purposes). I hope Kyle goes this week and then everyone stops and really thinks about Michael and Britt and they get put on the block. I wanted Michael to win but no more. Rooting for anyone but Mike, Britt and Kyle. Want those 3 out so we can get back to regular BB. 

• Like 1

Which makes me think that my initial gut reaction of him saying that it was about race just to shut everyone up was correct.

And Britney told Turner they told him the optics/logic of that was problematic and he didn't care and repeated his Cookout 2.0 line. Is that true, I still think it's bad they didn't blow him up immediately and let this play out to their advantage game wise, but the recaps here for sure didn't make it seem like they pushed back at all and that Michael actually encouraged him. I might have to rewind that somewhere.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, choclatechip45 said:

I think they cut the feeds during the meeting with Monte/Taylor to protect Michael/Brittany.  (well not cut but not showing it on the feeds)

Funny because IMO they were burying both Kyle and Michael with the edit on this episode.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, blixie said:

but the recaps here for sure didn't make it seem like they pushed back at all and that Michael actually encouraged him. I might have to rewind that somewhere.

Last night, when Kyle and Monte were playing pool and Monte was grilling him on everything that he said to Michael/Brittany, there was a point at which Kyle related that he asked Michael something like "is this what I think it (Cookout 2.0) is?" and Michael gave a very carefully worded response that was something along the lines of "well, if it's been said in game, then you should consider it."  It was one of those aha! moments where both of them realized that Michael might not have encouraged Kyle's line of thinking explicitly, but he certainly did NOTHING do discourage it.

Just now, choclatechip45 said:

Michael didn't come off great, but I feel like they could have buried him with a Monte DR. Brittany came off looking pretty good. 

I think between Michael doubling down on the moral duty on this episode and the promise of people calling his timing shady during the house meeting/next episode, the broadcast only audience are going to be on Kyle's side. Scrolling through non-spoilered discussions of the episode, it's already heading that way - people are far more concerned with the timing of this than what was actually said.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

there was a point at which Kyle related 

I don't think I'm gonna sit with Kyle's take any more than I want to sit with Britney's. That's why I want to find the actual convo in a rewind.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, blixie said:

I don't think I'm gonna sit with Kyle's take any more than I want to sit with Britney's. That's why I want to find the actual convo in a rewind.

Right - if it was even shown on the feeds.  It might be like finding a needle in a haystack given how many LO conversations there were during that time frame.

FWIW - it does sound like something a defense attorney would say, ya know?  

• Applause 1
3 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

Right - if it was even shown on the feeds.  It might be like finding a needle in a haystack given how many LO conversations there were during that time frame.

FWIW - it does sound like something a defense attorney would say, ya know?  

It does sound like something a certain houseguest who happens to be a defense attorney might say in the post game interviews...

• LOL 1

I wonder if it happened during the same conversation as the "As a straight, white male" comment.

Seriously, this supposed quote is killing me because it would be a huge nail in the racism coffin but other than Michael mentioning it once on the feeds (I believe when he was talking to Turner before Brittany showed up? And he said it was a hammock conversation)? Dunno. And I really don't think Michael would make it up but I'm curious to know if there's a little creative twisting happening. Also because he said it to the gay guy and that's just funny as shit.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I wonder if it happened during the same conversation as the "As a straight, white male" comment.

Seriously, this supposed quote is killing me because it would be a huge nail in the racism coffin but other than Michael mentioning it once on the feeds (I believe when he was talking to Turner before Brittany showed up? And he said it was a hammock conversation)? Dunno. And I really don't think Michael would make it up but I'm curious to know if there's a little creative twisting happening. Also because he said it to the gay guy and that's just funny as shit.

The fact Kyle thinks Hayden is Michael's roommate or best friend is the part that kills me. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
Just now, choclatechip45 said:

The fact Kyle thinks Hayden is Michael's roommate or best friend is the part that kills me. 

Wait, what?!  Is this something that we saw in tonight's episode (waiting for the West Coast broadcast here).  Like...  Even if you heard the name "Hayden" and thought "oh, he has a girlfriend" (because Hayden is an ambisexual name), wouldn't you have realized you were wrong when you saw the pics during Michael's HOH?

2 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

Wait, what?!  Is this something that we saw in tonight's episode (waiting for the West Coast broadcast here).  Like...  Even if you heard the name "Hayden" and thought "oh, he has a girlfriend" (because Hayden is an ambisexual name), wouldn't you have realized you were wrong when you saw the pics during Michael's HOH?

Or when Michael read the letter?

• Love 1

No it's referring to Kyle's line As a straight white male to Michael. 

• Like 1

"well, if it's been said in game, then you should consider it." 

This might be something lawyerly but I literally don't even know what it means or what Kyle thinks it means. What was said "in game"? The Taylor I won't nom another black woman thing? The Monty wanted to support Ameerah thing? I also know they kind of had a couple of separate convos about it. And again I think calling out M/B is essential, but let's not pretend all of this is not down to Kyle, the two kinds of behavior are distinct to me and important to talk about in the ways they are distinct, but flattening it all into whoops we didn't mean to do a racism is gonna do bug.

I guess ultimately I think Monty is looking for ammo to break through to Taylor but I'd like to tell Monty a story about a Cis black man who wants to be given a ball and how then he will finally defeat the goofy ass gay who clearly could never sportsball. Additionally, stop trying to run/ruin Taylors' game, fuck off.

I will say I was impressed by the narrative basically hewing closely to the truth, w/o providing the deeper contexts and VIDEO that would give us the ability to know, yes Kyle it was about race and you meant it to be, and no Britney you didn't make it clear to him it was offsides. I guess my expectations for this were so far in the core of the earth that I was pleased with them portraying it seriously, giving Monte/Taylor a voice, and mostly portraying Kyle as hubristic white boy villain.  I think it's all set up though for tomorrows "redemption" arc.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I don't think Kyle actually thinks that but I joked earlier this week that maybe he did and that's why he dropped the "As a straight, white male" on Michael - I might not have made it clear that it was a joke at the time. I remember a lot of fast and furious posting that day.

• Like 1

Remember Alyssa even knew Taylor was closer to Michael/Brittany. 

1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

I don't think Kyle actually thinks that but I joked earlier this week that maybe he did and that's why he dropped the "As a straight, white male" on Michael - I might not have made it clear that it was a joke at the time. I remember a lot of fast and furious posting that day.

Oh I thought it was a joke and it's hilarious. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Gotcha.  I can definitely laugh at the irony of Kyle saying that to Michael, if he did.  Much as I hate Turner right now, I'd have loved to have seen his facial expression if he heard Kyle saying that to Michael.  He would have, once again, been all of us, lol.

Edited by HighQueenEB

I think this is Kyle's just a little bit racist Grandma Pat? Or someone pretending to be her? Twitter seems to think so (but then they also floating the Alyssa is pregnant rumour earlier...) Screenshot just in case of deletion but link added at the bottom:
inUA8IS.png
https://twitter.com/PatTripp13/status/1565143366601433090

Whoever she is, she sure likes The Bold and The Beautiful.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3

It's a Great Big Brother Bakeoff in the kitchen! Alyssa, Turner and Michael are sitting in front of the oven watching their cookies bake in the oven. Monte and Terrance are providing narration. Monte says 3:30 min/sec left on the clock! Looks like a bag of kettle chips on the island, maybe two. There's an orange in front of Terrance and a carrot on the cutting board. Looks like a carton of non-dairy milk in front of Monte. 

And my screen freezes. Terrance says Turner is rocking the bucket hat and Turner's cookies looks like a bow tie. Monte says he's going with the Milky Way unless it sticks to the pan. There's also another bag of chips on the island but even with full screen view, I can't make out what brand. 30 seconds!

Michael made an aggressive move, opened the oven door and flipped his tray. Turner's getting the plates ready. Alyssa said her cookies are fire and the others can suck it.

Camera switch to Taylor and Brittany talking in the golf room. 

• LOL 3
7 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

It's a Great Big Brother Bakeoff in the kitchen! Alyssa, Turner and Michael are sitting in front of the oven watching their cookies bake in the oven. Monte and Terrance are providing narration. Monte says 3:30 min/sec left on the clock! Looks like a bag of kettle chips on the island, maybe two. There's an orange in front of Terrance and a carrot on the cutting board. Looks like a carton of non-dairy milk in front of Monte. 

And my screen freezes. Terrance says Turner is rocking the bucket hat and Turner's cookies looks like a bow tie. Monte says he's going with the Milky Way unless it sticks to the pan. There's also another bag of chips on the island but even with full screen view, I can't make out what brand. 30 seconds!

Michael made an aggressive move, opened the oven door and flipped his tray. Turner's getting the plates ready. Alyssa said her cookies are fire and the others can suck it.

Camera switch to Taylor and Brittany talking in the golf room. 

Where is Kyle?

I have no idea where Kyle is. Probably hiding out in the Have Not room with his blankie.

Shot of the oven. Someone's cookies look like bagels. Michael took his cookies out. Turner is preparing his nut garnish. Monte and Terrance commenting on  Turner's precision knife cuts, hypothesizing on how he gained his knife cutting experience. Michael's cookies look like a bird pooped on them. I think they all used the same batter, then put a different candy bar on top. Michael's going to put more candy bar on his cookies. Alyssa does hold a knife the correct way. The judging criteria are presentation, taste and overall impact. Michael is chopping up Reeses peanut butter cups to sprinkle on his cookies. Still looks like bird poop on his cookies. 

Taylor and Brittany joined them. Brittany is another judge and Taylor is the host.

• LOL 2

Alyssa presents her chocolate chip Milky Way cookies. They look a little underdone. Monte is chewing and pondering. The judges have water in between cookies to cleanse their palates. Taylor says the people who say "car-a-mel" are losers.

Now Turner is going to present his cookies. They are about winter in Massachusetts. He holds out the plate of cookies and says "now step into Harvard Square." He has chocolate chip cookes with chocolate and cream candy bars w/garnish of Reeses pieces.

Michael's turn. He has a Reese's peanut butter bar chocolate chip cookies. Actually Turner's are the ones that looked like a bird pooped on them. Michael's are ungarnished cookies. He also put the judges' initial on each plate. They are very quiet eating Michael's cookies. They're taking this seriously.

Now it's evaluation time. The scale is 1 - 5. Discussion on how to score. Now to do presentation scoring on I forgot which cookie, oh it's the Milky Way (Alyssa). Score of 8. (Judges hold up fingers to indicate score. Judges comments - Monte and Terrance were nice but Brittany said, you know, I kind of forgot about your cookie. Now I think it's Turners. It looked like a 15 score. Maybe not, Monte said he didn't feel supported when a bunch of crumbs fell onto the plate. Score was 14. Now Michael's cookes - score of 14. Monte says he feels like he was supported by the personalization of the initial M on his plate. Brittany sounds like judges on Food Network, she's playing the role of the judge with the negative criticism.

Taste round. Milky Way (Alyssa's) cookies. Brittany forgot how they tasted. Score of 10. "It could be worse," says Alyssa. "Thank you." Monte said it was hard to maintain the structure of the cookie, a little too gooey. Terrance, not a fan of Milky Way candy bars, but he was impressed with Alyssa's cookies, the taste was amazing. Brittany said it needed to be more integrated. Taste: 10.  Oh, they're on Turner's bars. I'm getting mixed up on who's bars are being presented but this is fun to watch. 

• Love 3

Score updates so far:

Alyssa: 18

Turner: 24

Michael: 27

Alyssa is asking Terrance to give her a five on overall impact. Aw, Alyssa looks kind of hurt by the scores. I think she got an 8 for this last time. Now Turner got a 15 on overall impact, so his final score is 39. Monte says he will remember this cookie for a lifetime. Terrance said the cookie reminded him of Chicago. Michael - 13. So overall he had 40. He beat Turner by one point. 

So Michael won the Great Big Brother Cookie Bake-off!!

• LOL 4

Alyssa & Kyle snuggling. Talking about life after the show. Kyle says he probably won’t have to work for a while. “I’m pretty frugal…”

Alyssa: “what does frugal mean?”

kyle: “it means you don’t spend a lot of money.”

alyssa: “oh. I’m the opposite.”

• LOL 15
22 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Monte needs to drop it with Taylor about targeting Michael. I feel like shes getting more and more resistant. Just win HoH and take him out yourself Monte.

Seriously. I don't think Taylor has ever really trusted Monte due to everything that happened when Paloma was in the house. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

Seriously. I don't think Taylor has ever really trusted Monte due to everything that happened when Paloma was in the house. 

They don’t have much of a relationship. Taylor at this point simply likes and trusts M/B more.

also lol that Michael won at the cookie baking contest too.

32 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Monte needs to drop it with Taylor about targeting Michael. I feel like shes getting more and more resistant. Just win HoH and take him out yourself Monte.

Ya exactly…. And maybe Taylor doesn’t want to discuss evicting Michael the same week he probably saved her and monte by getting Kyle put on the block.

I know michaels method wasn’t the best but truth be told Taylor and Monte would be on the block right now and one of them would be leaving, I think Taylor is too nice of a person to discuss getting rid of Michael when he probably just just saved them both.

maybe she thinks monte should give it a rest at least this week plus there’s a good chance that Michael could win hoh and maybe she doesn’t want information of her planning to evict him to get out…. I think monte should at least wait for the week to be over and see what happens.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
32 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

And the more he pushes for her to get rid of someone that is NOT going to put her up, the less she is going to trust him.

• Love 2