Type keyword(s) to search

Gypsy Sisters - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I thought it was HILARIOUS that Mellie was allowed to have 2 kids out of wedlock aka be a "dirty girl" but was given hell for potentially naming her daughter after a cousin instead of sister. These women...

Also have to wonder about a guy that is dating a girl who is 9 months pregnant. Really nice guy or really creepy. Can't decide...

• Love 3

All I could focus on when Mellie was at Nettie's house was that she was feeding her baby (peas, I think) right out of a can. 

I suspect the boyfriend's getting paid by TLC . . . and I'll leave it at that. 

• Love 1

Also have to wonder about a guy that is dating a girl who is 9 months pregnant. Really nice guy or really creepy. Can't decide...

YUP! My exact reaction was like "Oooh thats nice..WAIT who would date a very pregnant chick?". Their town seems small so he probably knows that she is "famous" so I personally doubt his intentions are meaningful..but thats just me.

All I could focus on when Mellie was at Nettie's house was that she was feeding her baby (peas, I think) right out of a can. 

I suspect the boyfriend's getting paid by TLC . . . and I'll leave it at that. 

Yes it was peas and she went through 2-3 cans lol. At first she had Target brand with some salt, then a unlabeled can and a green labeled can for her son. I've hung out with some crazy people but I've never seen that before.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm too tired to think of a better title. We can come up with something.

Just the off episode discussion since gossip about these people is always alive.

Looking forward to tonight. I heard Kayla and Richard are divorcing and already found new partners.

I hope it doesn't change Kayla. I've always liked her. Also love her trying to invite Nettie to the luau in the finale episode, to which she gets frustrated and yells, "BITCH, YES or NO! Come or don't!"

1) Ewwww......

2) While concise, still made my head spin lol

OMG these people are so white trash! I have to laugh at how stupid they are. First they marry their girls off at a very young age & she has to be a virgin but she can wear stripper clothes & parade around like a whore at a street corner! The guys pretty much have the right to spread their seed everywhere they want, most end up in jail or are in the tar business, WTF is up with that? They pretty much live to pick a fight with anyone or anything. The women push the feminine movement back to what it was a century ago. No education, have to be married at 16 & become a baby factory. That & looking like a dancer from the Solid Gold TV show from the 80's with all that big hair, loud makeup & glitter everywhere. Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 1

Okay Richard really likes to keep in the family. I am going to explain this as simply as possible.Danielle is the sister of Lottie the girl who married Nettie's son Whittey. For those of who watched season one of Big Fat Gypsy Wedding she was proposed at Dallas' baby shower by Nettie's nephew Cody (he has the big ears and is very tall). He is currently in jail so I guess she left him. They also have a child. Lottie and Danielle have two brothers. One is James known as Jay. He is Dallas'ex husband and the father of her daughter Demi. He is also the one in the video Kayla showed Sheena of Bettie not getting out of her truck. He is trying to block his mother from hitting her. Their other brother,Jesse is in a relationship with Alyssa who was married to Nettie's son Heath. They have a baby.Also most recently Jay was dating Annie. These people really keep it in the family. They are also all somehow cousins.

They call that "Inbreeding".  

Just watched the upcoming seasons trailer and OMG at Baby Richards red hair, its like really copper lol ..wasnt expecting that.

11223917_466326126850018_153202376422326

11245431_467555950060369_1185813618_n.jp

She doesnt look as weird as when she was first born.

These poor kids, brother & sister with two different fathers.  I'm sure they will have more siblings with different fathers in the future.  The mother is ugly, so hopefully they will take after their respectful fathers.  

• Love 1

And it looks like Kayla and Nettie are fighting again.  Anyone suprised?  Show of hands?

......who let the crickets in 

At every season's start they always say they haven't seen or talked to each other in months, so it doesn't look like they get along in the first place except when they get to shoot another season, then production has them go on these stupid rides or vacations where its obvious it was planned by production since these idiots don't have a job to afford that & they fake getting along for a while.  Then Nettie starts bitching about something or someone.  If she's not fighting with Kayla (I think its because she's jealous of Kayla), she's fighting with her daughter Dallas or her sister Mellie.  She then goes on to say she's perfect but she's the cause of the drama or at the center of it.  She's the instigator.  According to insiders she has kids from different fathers too including a teenage boy at the time & she was married.  

Have we ever met Nettie's sister Dallas (who must exist because it's such a big gypsy tradition to name your daughter after your sister)?

• Love 1

They are Gypsy Sister fan pages on Facebook. They fight all the time with the admins of that page.

The groups I belong to on Facebook is Gypsy Scandal and the TLC page Gypsy Sisters.  The girls are constantly on Scandal, but the language, spelling and grammar......yeah, this dropping out of school to get married thing is apparent. 

I go to Scandal all the time, but surprisingly one popped up in my feed yesterday called "Gypsy Grapevine". I think one of them started it. I'll post it to Scandal if it doesn't get erased.

She's the instigator.  According to insiders she has kids from different fathers too including a teenage boy at the time & she was married.  

I thought Nettie had 9 kids by three different men.  And I hate the I'm-a-good-mom-I-have-nine-kids thing.  Just becuase your uterus functions well doesn't mean you're good at it.  See: Duggar forum

• Love 2

Anyone else feel sorry for the L&D staff at this Martinsburg hospital?  Fist fights when mother's are in labor, catty women showing up to harass mothers over names? 

My money is on Nettie being the mole

• Love 2

Have we ever met Nettie's sister Dallas (who must exist because it's such a big gypsy tradition to name your daughter after your sister)?

Hey yeah.....wait a damn minute.  Are ANY of Nettie's girls named after HER sister's?!

According to this, not one of Nettie's kids is named after a sibling, & in fact, her daughter Nukkie's real name is Nettie, so she named her after herself. I'm sure this whole "name you daughter after a sister" crap is another one of TLC's made up Gypsy "tradition". 

• Love 1

Actually, Kayla's family really follows the daughter/sister name thing.  Her real first name is Sheila, and she has an aunt Sheila.  Nettie....not so much.

Actually, Kayla's family really follows the daughter/sister name thing.  Her real first name is Sheila, and she has an aunt Sheila.  Nettie....not so much.

Nettie is older than most of her siblings though. I wouldn't be surprised if most of her kids were older than her siblings. I can see how passing over a sister for a cousin would be a great insult.Maybe not a tradition but certainly a taboo in how gypsy's rank thier families.  I can also see Nettie expecting Mellie to name her daughter after her since she basically raised the crazy bitch. Its clearly drama for the shows/ Mellie causing trouble but I do feel for Nettie a bit. Also Lavinya is Mellie/Nettie/Joanne's mother, the families original America's Most wanted reality star..

• Love 1
(edited)

I really do not understand Nettie's anger about the naming tradition. Why would you expect someone who has flouted tradition at every turn (partying, public drunkenness, stripping, getting knocked up out of wedlock by a gorger, seeing one guy while pregnant by another guy) as Mellie has, to all of a sudden be concerned with gypsy tradition?

Ugh. These women wear me out. They are so busy concerning themselves with everyone else's business and going online to see what's being said about them. I wish they'd all grow up.

Edited by sleepyjean

So I'm a total Gypsy Sisters beginner, this was my first episode. When I finally figured out what was going on and saw that Mellie had her boyfriend that wasn't the baby's dad at the hospital, all I could think of was this exchange from Juno.

Juno MacGuff: I just wonder if like, two people can ever stay together for good.

Mac MacGuff: You mean like couples?

Juno MacGuff: Yeah, like people in love.

Mac MacGuff: Are you having boy troubles? Because I gotta be honest with you; I don't much approve of dating in your condition, 'cause well... that's kind of messed up.

Juno MacGuff: Dad, no!

Mac MacGuff: Well, it's kind of skanky. Isn't that what you girls call it? Skanky? Skeevy?

Anyway, does anyone know where I can catch up for free? Thanks in advance.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think mellie is a horrible mother who needs to lose custody of her kids both of them who in the hell goes to the club when they are pregnant ? No mother in her right mind would. I just think that mellie needs to get herself some serious help I mean she's bragging about going out all of the time who does that o wait someone with no life anyone could be her daughters dad. How are you going to treat you real sisters like shit? I mean come on your not 5 but you have the mind of a 13 year old. Grow up get a life and be more worried about your children then boys and drama.

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 1
Yes it was peas and she went through 2-3 cans lol. At first she had Target brand with some salt, then a unlabeled can and a green labeled can for her son. I've hung out with some crazy people but I've never seen that before

It's gross.  I've seen the Duggar family (19 Kids and Counting), do that too.  They do it with canned stewed tomatoes. 

• Love 1

If Nettie really is the one who is posting all this stuff, she must be losing her mind. And Dallas! WTF? She is such a piece of cheap trash, & now she's going to start trouble with Annie just because she loves the drama.

• Love 2

Another good one!

Mellie definitely can make some cute babies. But that name "Brandy'Wyne" how country is that. Lol. Least she cooled the drama a little and not upset Nettie and Kayla with the name.

Skott though did better just staying in the hospital and dealing with his jealously if he was going to get himself arrested.

Annie and Dallas' ex is dating. Question - Incest must be acceptable in Gypsy culture? I suspect this community is so small it leaves no choice. Either way I looked at Annie's Twitter and she has her avi sent to she and her beau now. Clearly she not bothered. Then again she shouldnt. Dallas is married she shouldnt be so upset neither.

And do I believe Nettie started the rumors with Kayla and Mellie: yes. Lol. I like Nettie but Nettie is not above the drama. But damn how does she find the time with 9 kids and husband?

Next week is going to be intense one.

• Love 3

@truelovekiss

You can see season 2 on Hulu, other seasons I saw on iTunes, you can do what ivy26 said as well and look on YouTube

:) new to forum, but long time fan

Mellie has seemed kind of calm in this season SO FAR... But who knows what else she will bring this season? Last season was way too much with her yelling, crying, and being drunk. It got to a point where I didn't even want to watch, because all her yelling was giving me a headache. I really wish she would see some kind of therapist or something, I feel she kind of does need some kind of help. But congrats to her and her new baby!

I think it is nice she ended up naming the baby after one of her sisters, not too fond of the middle name, but the first name is nice.

You know when Gypsy Sisters first started, I really liked Nettie. But now I feel like she's really gotten on her high horse and has just became a bitch. Kayla I started to like more, I feel bad that her marriage didn't work out, but if she wasn't happy, then I think it was for the best. I think she's just finding herself now and enjoying life, and she needs that IMO.

I honestly believed Nettie started the drama from the start, for whatever reason she has been really hating on Kayla, but it seems she always has for whatever reason (going back to things from season 2). I felt bad she talked about Kayla on the website, but to throw Mellie in I was kind of shocked. Like I know people have problems with their siblings, but as close as Mellie and Nettie seemed, I'm really surprised she took it that far to talk about Mellie.

With Dallas, that girl really changed, from season 1 to now. The thing that kind of bothers me is, why is she mad that Annie is dating her ex? She dated Mellie's ex (had a kid with him I believe), and then she dated Richard for a while, so why was she mad? But also it is kind of wrong of Annie to date her ex too... That's just weird and disrespectful, but that's my opinion.

• Love 2

@zenme I think she did that when she was pregnant with baby Richard too, not so many cans that I saw, but I remember her eating peas out of the can with a celery stick.

@sleepyjean they come from such different worlds. Nettie is very traditional, Mellie just does her own thing. I could understand why Nettie would be hurt with naming the baby after Kayla than her or another sister (kind of like what Emily trace said), but luckily in the end (for no conflict), Mellie ended up naming the baby after her sister Brandi, so that was kind of nice of her.

I did not know Lavinya was her mom's name (I was wondering where that name came from) it's kind of nice! Thank you Emiky Thrace for the info!

• Love 1

I read on a gypsy gossip IG that Danielle (Richard's gf) was pregnant. Does anyone know if she still is?

I have heard Nettie did have a baby with a teenage boy. Do you know which kid it was whose father was the teenage boy?

Does anyone know who the teenage boy is??

Also does anyone know what is happening with Sheena? I know she didn't return to the show because of money and moving situations, but she like doesn't appear on the show at all. I mean we see Laura sometimes (I miss her being on the show she was so fun lol)

(edited)

OMG these people are so white trash! I have to laugh at how stupid they are. First they marry their girls off at a very young age & she has to be a virgin but she can wear stripper clothes & parade around like a whore at a street corner! The guys pretty much have the right to spread their seed everywhere they want, most end up in jail or are in the tar business, WTF is up with that? They pretty much live to pick a fight with anyone or anything. The women push the feminine movement back to what it was a century ago. No education, have to be married at 16 & become a baby factory. That & looking like a dancer from the Solid Gold TV show from the 80's with all that big hair, loud makeup & glitter everywhere.

Now, why would you want to give white trash such a bad name by lumping them in with GS?  I think white trash would be a step up for this group.  :-)

this should read:  Now why would you want to insult white trash like that?  :-)

Edited by iluvobx
  • Love 1

Wait... Is Jay, Annie's cousin??

If you're talking about her ex-husband (or are they just separated?), then yes. They are cousins. They were married on an episode of My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding.

(edited)

@oncesane

Dallas's ex husband, the one Annie is dating now, is that her cousin?

No. AFAIK, Dallas' ex is not Annie's cousin. BUT she (Annie) was married to her (Again, Annie's) first cousin on MBFAGW and that marriage continued until some time last season, IIRC.

ETA: Annie's ex-husband/first cousin's name is Josh.

Edited by OnceSane

So Annie has been married twice??  Once to Josh and once to Jay?  God, this family is so confusing!

Josh is Annie's ex-husband. Jay is Dallas' ex-husband. Annie is currently dating Jay.

@truelovekiss

You can see season 2 on Hulu, other seasons I saw on iTunes, you can do what ivy26 said as well and look on YouTube

Mellie has seemed kind of calm in this season SO FAR... But who knows what else she will bring this season? Last season was way too much with her yelling, crying, and being drunk. It got to a point where I didn't even want to watch, because all her yelling was giving me a headache. I really wish she would see some kind of therapist or something, I feel she kind of does need some kind of help. But congrats to her and her new baby!

I think it is nice she ended up naming the baby after one of her sisters, not too fond of the middle name, but the first name is nice.

You know when Gypsy Sisters first started, I really liked Nettie. But now I feel like she's really gotten on her high horse and has just became a bitch. Kayla I started to like more, I feel bad that her marriage didn't work out, but if she wasn't happy, then I think it was for the best. I think she's just finding herself now and enjoying life, and she needs that IMO.

I honestly believed Nettie started the drama from the start, for whatever reason she has been really hating on Kayla, but it seems she always has for whatever reason (going back to things from season 2). I felt bad she talked about Kayla on the website, but to throw Mellie in I was kind of shocked. Like I know people have problems with their siblings, but as close as Mellie and Nettie seemed, I'm really surprised she took it that far to talk about Mellie.

With Dallas, that girl really changed, from season 1 to now. The thing that kind of bothers me is, why is she mad that Annie is dating her ex? She dated Mellie's ex (had a kid with him I believe), and then she dated Richard for a while, so why was she mad? But also it is kind of wrong of Annie to date her ex too... That's just weird and disrespectful, but that's my opinion.

Moving over to gypsy gossip thread.

@truelovekiss

Dallas dated Kayla's Richard? I knew about Robby and wondered why she was bitching about Annie, but Richard? Yikes.

I've seen Sheena posting pictures to her "fans" on Gypsy Scandal FB. She's lost weight.

I can't get to worked up over Nettie being the "mole" for the gypsy gossip site as a) what other storyline would they have this season if not Nettie vs. Kayla…again, and b) I'm sure we'll find out this season (or next) that ALL of them have sent gossip about one another to that or other sites.

A fight erupts when Kayla, Annie and Mellie confront Nettie over her trash-talking online, and the situation escalates into legal action, so JoAnn asks her sister to help restore peace in the family.

Kayla: This shit has went too far. It has went too fucking far.

Grammar Police: Kayla, we love you, but your bad grammar has went too far. It has went too fucking far.

Oosala: My freakin' ears!

I think I'm more worried about Nettie's health than Nettie. She has an auto-immune disease that is triggered by stress, so naturally she goes on a gypsy website and calls her sister a whore. And poor Mellie (never thought I'd say that) looked so sad when Kayla said Nettie was the mole.

• Love 2

I know Nettie has 9 kids, but they don't all have the same father, right? Sorry, I'm still catching up! (Halfway through season 2, binge watching for the win!)

If I recall correctly, three kids by each man.  And she only has 8 living children, I guess one child died as a baby.  And it wasn't natural.  It's on one of these threads where they posted the family tree, and if you read the comments, it mentions that the child died "tragically".

(Posted the last part to not just gossip maliciously, but I did have a source.  May or may not be 100%)

If I recall correctly, three kids by each man.  And she only has 8 living children, I guess one child died as a baby.  And it wasn't natural.  It's on one of these threads where they posted the family tree, and if you read the comments, it mentions that the child died "tragically".

(Posted the last part to not just gossip maliciously, but I did have a source.  May or may not be 100%)

Her daughter Destiny died at 9 months, but there's no where I can find that says why. Very strange. This is all the info there is

Destiny Fontane Williams, age 9 months, of Winchester died Sunday, May 21, 2000, in West Virginia.

She was born Sept. 4, 1999, the infant daughter of Huey and Nettie Collier Williams, of Winchester. 

Surviving with her parents are three brothers, Dallas Williams, Albert Smith, and Heath Smith, at home; a sister Nettie Williams at home; and her grandparents, Lottie Stanley and Pam Williams of Martinsburg, W.Va.

A funeral will be 11 a.m. Thursday at the Omp Funeral Home. Burial will be in the Rest Church Cemetery, Frederick County.

The family will receive friends from 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at the Omps Funeral Home.

They refer to Dallas as one of the brothers, so I guess whoever wrote this does not know the family.

I don't think I've seen Dovie before, she's pretty. None of the sisters look alike, how many men did Lottie have kids with?

I think this whole mess is Nettie's fault, she's jealous that Mellie is living with Kayla, & she's causing all the drama because of it.

• Love 2

Nettie says she's all stressed out, but it's like... You created the drama? You kind of brought the stress on yourself. I'm sure she has other things going on, but this drama that she created it, she definitely put it on herself. Smh. And with Dallas... She really did do a 180 from season 1 to now. I still don't understand why she is so mad with Annie dating her ex husband when she dated Mellie's ex (and I believed had a kid with him) and Robby? Pretty jacked up.

Dovie is so pretty!!!! I'm surprised she was really into her spirituality, and healing. I liked that she made the rose tea, had Nettie do acupuncture, and even though I knew the girls were going to be weirded out by having a shaman come and try and bring peace into their lives. I thought it was cool, but that's because I am into stuff like that.

I don't know what Nettie has against Kayla, but for a long time she just has been starting fights and drama with her. It's like Kayla can step back and live a happy life and Nettie will try and find some way to ruin it :/

The last episode I watched of this show was a couple of seasons ago, it was a "is she or isn't she" episode about Mellie being pregnant.

There was nothing else on last night so I decided to watch.

Mellie now has 2 young, innocent children under her care?! That's scary as hell. I don't know if she's still drinking (and drugging) but her violent temper hasn't changed a bit.

Does anybody know if these families have ever been investigated by children's services?

I don't know all of their names but who is the one who is always with Kayla? She doesn't say much, just sits there with her mouth hanging open. Is she another sister?

One more question. How do these people pay their bills? I can't imagine Mellie, or any of them, holding down a 9 to 5. I know a couple of them are married but how does Mellie make money to support 2 kids?

I realized why I stopped watching. This show is just kinda gross. I don't think any of these people are acting. I think this is how they really are.

• Love 4

The last episode I watched of this show was a couple of seasons ago, it was a "is she or isn't she" episode about Mellie being pregnant.

There was nothing else on last night so I decided to watch.

Mellie now has 2 young, innocent children under her care?! That's scary as hell. I don't know if she's still drinking (and drugging) but her violent temper hasn't changed a bit.

Does anybody know if these families have ever been investigated by children's services?

I don't know all of their names but who is the one who is always with Kayla? She doesn't say much, just sits there with her mouth hanging open. Is she another sister?

One more question. How do these people pay their bills? I can't imagine Mellie, or any of them, holding down a 9 to 5. I know a couple of them are married but how does Mellie make money to support 2 kids?

I realized why I stopped watching. This show is just kinda gross. I don't think any of these people are acting. I think this is how they really are.

The one usually with Kayla is her sister Annie, she's the one dating Dallas' ex-husband. Dallas is Nettie's daughter. Annie is also the one who married her cousin (they are now separated/divorced). Annie and Kayla are cousins to Nettie, Mellie and JoAnn.

I'm pretty sure the women support themselves with their money from the show (except Nettie who is also supported by her husband). Though Mellie used to be a stripper.

I don't think CPS has ever been called on any of these ladies, but I won't be surprised if it happens.

• Love 1

Well, I'm glad the whole "is it the same Dovie?" mystery (to me, at least) is cleared up.  I used to wonder if Nookie's mother-in-law was also her aunt.  Pookie's mother is Dovie, as well.  Now I know that sister Dovie is a totally different person than Jackie Dee and Pookie's mother. 

I still have yet to see the sister Patty, but Nettie, JoAnn, and Dovie are the prettier of the sisters so far.  Tanya--eh.  Mellie and Brandy--eh.  The "eh" is kind of amazing actually because Lottie--the mother, looks like she's been ridden hard and put away wet. 

• Love 1