Type keyword(s) to search

Hello There! Speculation for Obi-Wan Kenobi

• Start Topic

(edited)

Vader in ANH: “We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now, *I* am the master.”

Have we already seen the circumstances to which Vader refers, are they still to come in this series, or after the series, or is this just Vader’s memory failing him?

Edited by tkc
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, tkc said:

Vader in ANH: “We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now, *I* am the master.”

Have we already seen the circumstances to which Vader refers, are they still to come in this series, or after the series, or is this just Vader’s memory failing him?

I think it's still coming.

• Love 2

Assuming Leia doesn’t escape Reva, I wonder if we’re going to get an interaction with Leia and Vader. Yes, they interacted in ANH (he helped torture her) but it would still be fun, though I think it’s obvious Vader shouldn’t be within ten mile of any child.

Also, I’m wondering if Bail and Leia drop Obi-Wan off at Tatooine in the last episode, it would be too good an opportunity to pass up to have Leia and Luke see each other from a distance.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

Assuming Leia doesn’t escape Reva, I wonder if we’re going to get an interaction with Leia and Vader. Yes, they interacted in ANH (he helped torture her) but it would still be fun, though I think it’s obvious Vader shouldn’t be within ten mile of any child.

Also, I’m wondering if Bail and Leia drop Obi-Wan off at Tatooine in the last episode, it would be too good an opportunity to pass up to have Leia and Luke see each other from a distance.

Both of those would be so great to see.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, tkc said:

I think Kenobi is going to get his groove back and treat Vader like the bitch that he is to remind him that he (Anakin) was never a Master. For the Chosen One, he could never best Kenobi, even when Kenobi did a face/off and went undercover. It would undermine 7 years of Clone Wars if Vader bested him. 

I mean, Vader has been plotting his revenge for 10 years. Stewing for another 20 isn't going to be a big deal. Also, the show wasn't around in 1977. TPTBs certainly know their constraints and will have to do their best. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, tkc said:

This one doesn't bother me too much. I don't necessarily interpret it as "the last time I ever saw you." I think it still works when you consider when Anakin left Obi Wan in Revenge of the Sith, and it's Vader's way of rubbing salt in old wounds of Obi Wan's failure to save Anakin.

4 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I'm truly hoping that Vader encounters young Leia and is on the scent of her being his daughter, but for Obi Wan to reveal that Padme had the baby, and that it was a son, which will bring Vader's line in Return of the Jedi (Obi Wan was wise to hide her from me) full circle.

• Love 4

If the Vader comics are canon, Vader doesn't learn he has a son until after Yavin. I don't think Kenobi would just throw that in Vader's face. It's too reckless of him. Especially now. This is probably as peak Vader as he probably will ever be. There's no way he wouldn't be relentlessly hunting for a son. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I think from the perspective of safety and practicality, (especially after everything they have been through already,) it makes more sense to drop off Leia first. That being said, I do love the idea of Luke and Leia seeing each from a distance for only a minute. 

I think Leia will somehow found a way to escape Reva. 

• Love 3

Bringing this up here for further discussion from my post in the episode thread:

I think that kidnapping Leia is going to get Reva killed by the end of the series. I think that somehow this time with Leia is going to result in Reva learning either Leia being force sensitive or possibly even learning about the twins and Vader being their father. But she is going to get too much information and end up dying. 

I am thinking this next episode is going to be a flashback episode where we get more of Reva’s backstory and also scenes of Anakin and Obi Wan pre ROTS. 

• Love 2

There's one thing I really hope to see before the series ends: for Obi-Wan to tell Leia about Padme. All this talk from Obi-Wan about how Leia reminds him of Padme has got to lead somewhere, right? Maybe through some Force mind-meld, Obi-Wan could give Leia a memory of Padme which would explain why she remembers her mother as "images and feelings" in ROTJ. I never understood why George Lucas decided to kill Padme before she could bond with Leia in any meaningful way since he'd already written himself into a corner by giving Leia memories of her mother. But Obi-Wan talking about Padme to Leia and Leia maybe sensing those memories through the Force could work in explaining her conversation with Luke. Just one scene is all I need. 

• Love 5

I would like to see at least one scene of Luke interacting with Obi-Wan just to show us that Luke knows about Old Ben from person and not just via town gossip. The way he says 'Old Ben' in ANH always made me think Luke saw Obi-Wan walking around the markets like the town's resident old man. I'm imagining we should get it since they brought back Aunt Beru's original PT actress and all we've seen of her was a random figure from the distance, which any extra could have fulfilled.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Bill1978 said:

I would like to see at least one scene of Luke interacting with Obi-Wan just to show us that Luke knows about Old Ben from person and not just via town gossip. The way he says 'Old Ben' in ANH always made me think Luke saw Obi-Wan walking around the markets like the town's resident old man. I'm imagining we should get it since they brought back Aunt Beru's original PT actress and all we've seen of her was a random figure from the distance, which any extra could have fulfilled.

I’m like 95% sure that the series is going to end with Obi Wan defying Owen’s wishes and introducing himself to Luke with his iconic “Hello there” catchphrase. 

• Love 6

Okay that being the first time Obi Wan says it in this series would be fantastic.

Reading some of the comments about Leia learning about Padme did give me an idea that goes with my earlier post and could close a plot hole that was created by the prequels. If when Reva kidnaps Leia, she figures out that Leia is forced sensitive and/or adopted maybe she tries to read Leia’s mind and pulls up deep memories from Leia’s mind of being born. They can flash the clip of Padme holding her and naming Leia and also telling Obi wan that there is still good in Anakin. In pulling up these memories not only does Reva see them but so does Leia. 

Also this would have Reva figure out about Anakin fathering the twins or at least Leia which would mean that somehow Reva is going to end of up getting killed. I think by either Kenobi in order to protect the twins or by Vader before she can tell him the truth. 

• Love 4
23 hours ago, ybrik said:

Bringing this up here for further discussion from my post in the episode thread:

I think that kidnapping Leia is going to get Reva killed by the end of the series. I think that somehow this time with Leia is going to result in Reva learning either Leia being force sensitive or possibly even learning about the twins and Vader being their father. But she is going to get too much information and end up dying. 

I am thinking this next episode is going to be a flashback episode where we get more of Reva’s backstory and also scenes of Anakin and Obi Wan pre ROTS. 

My first thought when Leia saw Reva was the Rebels episode where Maul tracks down Obi Wan to Tatooine and wants to kill him. Obi Wan really doesn't have any interest in it until Maul realizes that Obi Wan is protecting someone and that's why he's there. Before that moment Maul's thinks Obi Wan was hiding on Tatooine. The moment Maul figures it out there's a change in Obi Wan because he can't let Maul live.  She's already a danger to Leia but if she figures out Leia's force sensitive she's dead.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Right now they're also still hunting Jedi. All the inquisitors are Force sensitive at the least, so you can't really have Tarkin being in charge there. Order 66 is a finite project so it would stand to reason by A New Hope, they're all gone, and they need a new position for Vader. Tarkin has been ostensibly in charge of the Death Star project since the end of ROTS. Also maybe Palpatine underestimates Vader over this time period and tightens the leash. Or Vader seriously screws up. 

In Rogue One, isn't Vader sort of brought onto the Death Star project to play the cleanup crew? He first appears after the Death Star fires on Jedha, which blew the project's cover, and then he seems to be in charge of the task of retrieving the Death Star plans, so it seems like Darth Vader is brought on as the special ops guy, who starts to gain more and more control of the Imperial Navy as the Rebels gain more ground.

• Like 3

From the Ep III thread (since this is more general speculation):

9 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

but what is the rationale for Force sensitive people to allow themselves to be used as tools to hunt/kill their fellow Force sensitives?  Is it akin to some Jews collaborating with Nazis so those Jews escape punishment/get preferential treatment?

I don't know about the EU (I've just read the initial Zahn books), but perhaps some of the Force-sensitive people resented the Jedi. There doesn't seem to have been a lot of middle ground. You either went all-in with the Jedi, which meant kids being taken from their homes and families at a very early age, having no contact with their families, and not being allowed to form any close ties outside the Jedi which meant no marriage or kids, or you were just a Force-sensitive person who got no training. As intense as the Jedi thing was, there had to have been a lot of washouts, the kids who got there and were too homesick to stick with the training, or the people who decided they wanted marriage and families and left, and probably a lot of didn't make the cut and got kicked out. People who'd been rejected by the Jedi or who chose to leave because they didn't like what the Jedi demanded of them might resent the Jedi enough to want some kind of revenge.

Really, when you think about it, the Jedi weren't that different from the First Order in taking kids away from their families at an early age and training them as soldiers who had little other life or identity. The only real difference was that with the Jedi it was somewhat voluntary (the parents consented, but the kids weren't old enough to really know what they were choosing, if they even got a choice). I'd thought that was where the sequels were going, that they were going to show that this approach wasn't the best idea, but that got dropped.

If the speculation that Reva was one of the kids we saw at the beginning is correct, I could imagine that she'd resent the Jedi not only for not being able to protect the kids, but for the fact that the kids had nowhere to go. If they were taken from their families so young, they wouldn't have known where to turn when the Jedi fell apart. They were just left on their own with no families, no friends or ties outside the Jedi because the Jedi had already taken all that away from them.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

If the speculation that Reva was one of the kids we saw at the beginning is correct, I could imagine that she'd resent the Jedi not only for not being able to protect the kids, but for the fact that the kids had nowhere to go. If they were taken from their families so young, they wouldn't have known where to turn when the Jedi fell apart. They were just left on their own with no families, no friends or ties outside the Jedi because the Jedi had already taken all that away from them.

I get that. I just get the impression that her hate-on is personal with regards to Obi-Wan. 

What does EU stand for?

(edited)
Spoiler

Snips eventually takes out a Grand Inquisitor. That's how she gets the double sabers. So that could be the next one. That's probably something for her show though.

22 minutes ago, supposebly said:

I get that. I just get the impression that her hate-on is personal with regards to Obi-Wan.

I could be that he's the biggest fish, and in general she hates the Jedi. Somehow she knows Anakin is Vader. She might have actually seen what Kenobi did. Without any context, it doesn't leave Kenobi looking so good. It's very clear whomever delivers him will win favor with Vader. I think she's got more hate for the other inquisitors because they look down on her and wants to show them up more than anything. 

I enjoy the overall body of Star Wars work, but it's starting to be getting a bit much to keep track. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
(edited)
42 minutes ago, supposebly said:

What does EU stand for?

EU = Extended Universe. It basically means tie-in novels, comics, animated spin-off shows, and so on, any additional media that expanded the universe of the original films but isn't film canon.

Edited by Llywela
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, supposebly said:

I just get the impression that her hate-on is personal with regards to Obi-Wan. 

I thought that was mostly because he's the big fish, the one that would secure her future if she brought him in. That's the one Vader wants, so if she's the one to find him, that would be a big win that would help her achieve all her ambitions. What her boss wants is what she wants to give him. I wonder if Palpatine is yet openly a Sith at this point or if he's still playing the role of kindly chancellor/emperor who just wants what's best for the galaxy. If he's not openly Sith, Reva might see Vader as head Sith, which means he might be in the market for an apprentice, and she wants to be the apprentice. Catching Obi-Wan would be the surest way to get that.

I suppose it's also possible that she holds Obi-Wan personally responsible for Anakin's fall and therefore what happened to her, but I'm not sure if that reconciles with her actually working with Vader unless, perhaps, she sees it as a case of the Jedi way being weak so that she's turned to the dark side, and Obi-Wan is the personification of that failure.

• Love 2

There's still a Senate at this point based on the reception that the Organas had, but thanks to Windu, Palpatine is all scarred up. I don't know if he'd be walking around as Chancellor. People are using "Empire", and it seems the Inquisitors are known. Vader is openly walking around. If Palpatine isn't out and out Sith to everyone, he certainly is the dictator. I would imagine he's just keeping the Senate with busywork. 

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

I thought that was mostly because he's the big fish, the one that would secure her future if she brought him in. That's the one Vader wants, so if she's the one to find him, that would be a big win that would help her achieve all her ambitions. What her boss wants is what she wants to give him. I wonder if Palpatine is yet openly a Sith at this point or if he's still playing the role of kindly chancellor/emperor who just wants what's best for the galaxy. If he's not openly Sith, Reva might see Vader as head Sith, which means he might be in the market for an apprentice, and she wants to be the apprentice. Catching Obi-Wan would be the surest way to get that.

I suppose it's also possible that she holds Obi-Wan personally responsible for Anakin's fall and therefore what happened to her, but I'm not sure if that reconciles with her actually working with Vader unless, perhaps, she sees it as a case of the Jedi way being weak so that she's turned to the dark side, and Obi-Wan is the personification of that failure.

I just don't know. There were times where it felt Reva had a personal grudge against Obi Wan. But when Vader said she would get what she wanted Grand Inquisitor if she got Obi Wan. I wasn't really expecting that to be what she was after. I still wonder why the Grand Inquisitor wasn't as ruthless as she is. That is the point of their job. Reva's ruthless but also shown to be smart. She did look through records and found a connection between Bail and Obi Wan.

Edited by andromeda331

After Episode IV, since Leia’s rescue is now tied to the rebel movement and in direct conflict with the Empire, I now accept Leia’s “Help me Obi Wan Kenobi” speech in ANH as a cover, since she can maintain plausible deniability. Since she’s broadcasting a message that could be intercepted (like R2-D2 could ever be compromised though…) she has to keep the message clean. “Hey, Obi Wan, remember when you legitimately served my father as a General to protect this beloved Empire?” plays a lot better than “Hey Ben, remember when you rescued me and we discovered the Path? Well that path has led to some crazy places, let me tell you.”

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

After Episode IV, since Leia’s rescue is now tied to the rebel movement and in direct conflict with the Empire, I now accept Leia’s “Help me Obi Wan Kenobi” speech in ANH as a cover, since she can maintain plausible deniability.

Interesting, I didn't think of that.  I was thinking there must end up being some kind of memory manipulation.  Someone had mentioned that hopefully Obi-Wan allows her to see some of his memories of Padme.  I don't know if this is possible either.

Leia knows about the Path and has been hanging out with pre-Rebels.  Yet she advances to become a Senator; the Organa family's position is never threatened.  So either she's really good at keeping quiet until she's old enough to get into the Rebellion and/or all of this activity never comes to light.  I'm not sure if Vader even realizes that Leia was the bait for Obi-Wan?  I don't remember, maybe that will be clearer on re-watch.  I guess maybe he could but still not think much of it, except to keep an eye on her in the future without realizing she's his daughter.

• Love 2

I don't think Vader is aware of the ins and outs of Reva's plan. She flushed out Kenobi and brought him where he can find him. I'm doubtful Vader is much of a micromanager especially here. It would be interesting if he caught a glimpse of her and 'wtf'? And then being consumed with Kenobi just totally forgets. 

I know we're constrained by A New Hope, but Vader is really his own worst enemy. Thirty years, he never could overthrow Palpatine? He should be training Reva as an apprentice and looking for another to test her. I mean, even Ahsoka is worth a shot; it's not like she's all pro-Jedi. It doesn't occur to him until Luke is literally the only one with any Force juice left; oh, I should get him to come over to the dark side and get Palpatine out of there. 

I wouldn't be surprised if when Kenobi returns Leia to Bail that Bail tells her she must never act like she knows him. She already knows that he's a real Jedi, and very clearly that they're being killed off. Simply because she has affection for him, she's smart enough to know to play it off. Additionally, at the time she sends the message, how is he going to know what she looks like if he hasn't seen her in 20 years anyway? I mean, people I haven't seen in two years, I'm like, "hi, so and so, I'm me; we actually last spoke at the thing." So being, 'you and Bail are tight' - "Oh, it's Leia." The actual length of the message had to be short too. 

• Love 3

Actually if you think about it, it would make since for Leia not to acknowledge knowing Obi Wan. Bail isn’t telling anyone that Leia has been kidnapped. So when Leia is returned as long as they don’t speak of the Obi Wan and the kidnapping, they can have deniability from the Emperor and his men about being part of the rebellion or knowing where Obi Wan is. It is still another decade before the Senate is able to be dismantled so the Emperor or Vader can’t just outright accuse the Organa’s of hiding Obi WAN’s location since the only reason they know that Bail is able to contact Obi Wan is because they kidnapped his daughter. 

• Love 3
(edited)
19 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Additionally, at the time she sends the message, how is he going to know what she looks like if he hasn't seen her in 20 years anyway? 

Not 20 years. It is less than 10 years from the events of this season to the first movie. Leia is 10 here; she's around 19 in A New Hope.

Edited by Llywela

I hope tomorrow we get:

-Rebels rescuing the stranded hyperdrive-less rebels (double points if The Ghost is one of the ships). Space fight!

-Luke and Leia accidentally meeting on Tattooine when Obi-Wan passes off Leia to Bail

-Reva starting her own heroes journey back to the lightside

And I hope the episode is ridiculously long. Two hours please 😂

• Love 1
(edited)

@bunnyblue got me thinking about a second season. I posted this in the season 1 finale thread, but then realized it might work better here, so I thought I'd post it again here in case it gets deleted.

Possible Idea for a Second Season: Bail uses an official government trip as a cover for some Resistance/anti-Empire activity and needs Obi-Wan's help for a part of it. There are also scenes of Leia back on Alderaan. I have no idea what her plotline would be.

Also, I do not want Han or Chewie to see or interact with any of the characters from the OT (they do not even have to make an apperance), but I would want to see the Falcon make a random cameo parked at a space-port.   

Do you want a second season? If they did a second season, what would you hope to see in it? What would you want the plot line to be? 

Edited by Sarah 103
1 hour ago, Sarah 103 said:

Do you want a second season? If they did a second season, what would you hope to see in it? What would you want the plot line to be? 

Leia in the Junior senate, making trouble on Courascant. Gets too close to the Emperor’s radar, and Obi Wan is needed to extract her. 

• Like 1

How about this, maybe a look back to his relationship (or lack there of) with Satine Kryze.  I know this was basically shown in the Clone Wars, but maybe they could do flashbacks to when they first met (which would require a young Obi Wan).

7 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

Possible Idea for a Second Season: Bail uses an official government trip as a cover for some Resistance/anti-Empire activity and needs Obi-Wan's help for a part of it. There are also scenes of Leia back on Alderaan. I have no idea what her plotline would be.

I definitely want a season 2, and your idea of Bail needing Obi-Wan's help with his anti-Empire activities would be a great way to get him to go on another adventure now that he's got his Jedi groove back. I'd love to see Roken return (he did say he was just getting started) and learn more about the Jedi Underground; no doubt Obi-Wan would want to help them out if they run into trouble with the Empire. 

• Love 1