Type keyword(s) to search

The Challenge: USA in the Media

• Start Topic

From Reality Blurred: Andy got a lot of material in the past week, and I'm thinking he might have to write a few more articles about the show.

Once again, I'm hoping this is the only season we get, because this was a certified shitshow.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

I know a lot of people think that Tyson and Angela are nothing but bitter cakes, but they’re absolutely right in that a production team that essentially makes up rules on the fly isn’t one to be trusted.

And most of the mainstays on the flagship show (i.e. Bananas, Devin) have an incentive to not get on production’s bad side by not saying anything bad about them.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

I know a lot of people think that Tyson and Angela are nothing but bitter cakes, but they’re absolutely right in that a production team that essentially makes up rules on the fly isn’t one to be trusted.

And most of the mainstays on the flagship show (i.e. Bananas, Devin) have an incentive to not get on production’s bad side by not saying anything bad about them.

Yeah but that is The Challenge, there has never been any transparency, certainly no consistency.

There's no proof they manipulate results but this isn't a sporting event, though they claimed one season it's the fifth American team sports.

It's a TV show and they will do whatever they think will get them ratings and keep the show on the air.

• Sad 1

I finally listened to the challenge podcast for the finale.  Sarah.  I just don't know what to say about her.  She's one of those odd people who seems to be really successful at what she puts her mind to, and had legit accomplishments to be proud of, but I don't think she gets any self-validation.  She really seems to need other people to acknowledger the things she's done, and that is just so tiresome.  It was kind of funny because she kept comparing herself to Danny and saying they had the same mindsets, etc.  But when Danny was asked about if he purposely laid low for most of the season, he said that it was more keeping his eye on the prize of the finale and that none of the rest bothered him because he had already accomplished his professional goals and had nothing left to prove.  To me, his actions so far match his words.  He has that inner confidence that Sarah does not have, but tries to display.  She compared them, but to me, they are polar opposites when it comes to personality.  I don't think that she's a bad person, but she seems deeply insecure. I think she would do better to stay away from reality tv where it doesn't matter what you do, someone is going to have something negative to say.  There's no one who is completely universally loved, and I suspect Sarah is the type of person (as am I, to be clear) to scroll past ten posters saying positive things and focus on the one saying something negative.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I couldn’t find an official press release, but I saw on Twitter and Reddit that The Challenge USA has been renewed for season 2, and that calls have gone out to both newbies and season 1 contestants.

Oh, joy.

• LOL 1

Reality Blurred article was updated and popped up on my Facebook today. Andy doesn’t seem enthused, and I can’t blame him. There are spoilers on who will be playing.

Spoiler

Ben. Really? Looks like BMP is as stuck on him as Probst. 🙄🙄🙄 And I’ve forgotten about Justine entirely. As for the BMP folks . . . Nelson. For real. Nelly T, whipping boy of destiny, is good enough. Also qualifying is Nia, which . . . after her underwhelming showing in All Stars 3? The nicest surprise isn’t the inclusion of Yes. Nope, it’s Theo Campbell. I guess his eye has gotten better where he can compete. Good for him.

Oh, and there’s a dude from Australia with the last name “Crapp.” 🤷‍♂️

The Challenge: World Championship debuts on P+ on March 8. Let’s see how big a crapshow this will become!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Reality Blurred article was updated and popped up on my Facebook today. Andy doesn’t seem enthused, and I can’t blame him. There are spoilers on who will be playing.

Reveal spoiler

Ben. Really? Looks like BMP is as stuck on him as Probst. 🙄🙄🙄 And I’ve forgotten about Justine entirely. As for the BMP folks . . . Nelson. For real. Nelly T, whipping boy of destiny, is good enough. Also qualifying is Nia, which . . . after her underwhelming showing in All Stars 3? The nicest surprise isn’t the inclusion of Yes. Nope, it’s Theo Campbell. I guess his eye has gotten better where he can compete. Good for him.

Oh, and there’s a dude from Australia with the last name “Crapp.” 🤷‍♂️

The Challenge: World Championship debuts on P+ on March 8. Let’s see how big a crapshow this will become!

I'm guessing they have very loose criteria for "legends".....

I never understood how they were going to have a show with just the winners of these editions - that would have only been 4 women and 4 men, right?  That's a one hour special.  But yeah, this is just another version of the same ol' thing.  Interesting that Tori and Jordan did another season right after.

I'm so uninterested, and yet there's a 0% chance I don't watch it.  *sigh*

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Are we going to need a forum? Or rebrand this one?

“My wife’s name is Kiki!” GEE, WE NEVER KNEW THAT. I appreciate Danny being in the center of this poster. There are probably multiple posters, but he’s the one guy from USA we could stand, even with all the wife name-dropping.

Challenge-World-Championship.jpeg

Edited by Lantern7

Who won Challenge USA anyways?

Already forgot it.

Main thing I remember was that the women were more made up, seems like better-looking but also they upped their hair and makeup and lighting game.

So Johnny will probably be tied to one of the young hotties, because star fuckers are a thing and he's suppose to be a star in this universe.

Give him credit though, he doesn't have babies here and there and has never come to The Challenge saying "I gots to feed my baby!"

Edited by aghst

I just saw that The Challenge: Australia is now available on Paramount+ in the USA.

On 2/17/2023 at 5:42 PM, peachmangosteen said:

So, is Sarah on the World Championship thing?

For now, I’m going to assume she is.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, aghst said:

I forget, did Tyson win?

Or was he unhappy?

He was physically dominant in his season but he might face more strength-oriented games in this season.

He was very unhappy.

24 minutes ago, aghst said:

I forget, did Tyson win?

Or was he unhappy?

He was physically dominant in his season but he might face more strength-oriented games in this season.

He swore he would never do the Challenge again when he found out that the winner had to split the prize if both a man and a woman finished the finale.  He felt he’d been lied to.  Clearly he n3ver did he’s Challenge homework. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, aghst said:

I forget, did Tyson win?

Or was he unhappy?

No, he quit. If I remember correctly, he did his best to convince the other players with him at the challenge he couldn't do to quit also.

Reality Blurred goes over the cast of S2, gets in some choice jabs. To wit:

The Challenge USA season 1 was, I think it’s fair to say, a humiliating shitshow for CBS.

CBS is the home of premium reality TV such as The Amazing Race and Survivor, and also the summer sewer Big Brother. So there’s room for a range of reality TV competition shows.

But even by Big Brother’s low, low standards, The Challenge USA was an embarrassment.

I don't watch Big Brother. Was Challenge USA even worse? Is that even possible?

11 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I don't watch Big Brother. Was Challenge USA even worse? Is that even possible?

It was a pretty shitty season, but that author also clearly has a chip on his shoulder.  He put quoted another article he wrote and made the link "lack of safety divers."  I clicked it while thinking, "holy shit, really??"  Then I read the article and the contestant being interviewed does confirm that there were no safety divers but that that WERE NOT NEEDED because they had life jackets and that she never felt unsafe.  While there are many, many valid critiques, this author seems to be a bit weird about it.  "CBS viewers have higher standards." LMAO.

Also, this is a rare peek behind CBS curtains.  Contestants have rarely spoken so candidly about other CBS shows.  I think just as many shenanigans go on with Big Brother, if not more.

This scheduling due to the writers strike is screwing up my schedule for summer and fall lol Now I’ll have Big Brother, The Challenge USA, Survivor, The Amazing Race, and Dancing with the Stars all on at the same time (glad that none of them will conflict with each other).

I'm not looking forward to a second season of USA. I'll tune in. I hope it is better than the first season. I was looking forward to a new season of All-Stars... but okay... whatever.

• Like 1