Type keyword(s) to search

The Challenge: USA in the Media

• Start Topic

(edited)
18 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Aside from Tyson (🙄🙄🙄), who are the goofs flanking Teege?

The woman to the right of Tyson appears to be Shan from season 41 of Survivor. The others... no idea.

On 6/7/2022 at 6:05 PM, peachmangosteen said:

FUquDoZXEAAa8XF?format=jpg&name=large

boredom-spongebob.gif

I guess I'll add this to my Challenge diet and see how it goes 🙄

Edited by AntFTW
14 hours ago, AntFTW said:

The woman to the right of Tyson appears to be Shan from season 41 of Survivor. The others... no idea.

boredom-spongebob.gif

I guess I'll this to my Challenge diet and see how it goes 🙄

The others on the left of TJ see Derek X and Tiffany from BB23.

• Useful 1

I never watched Love Island so I don't know any of those people.  I'm disappointed by the few reps they got from TAR (I guess Leo is okay), surprised by most of the Survivor picks, not terribly surprised by the Big Brother ones.  I might give this a shot and see if I like it.  I haven't watched the MTV Challenge show in years, but is this one supposed to be similar?

13 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I haven't watched the MTV Challenge show in years, but is this one supposed to be similar?

The format for this challenge hasn't been done on the original challenge show. At least not that I know of.

I'm interested to see if this one is edited similarly to the original. I hope it is since the editing and music use is honestly the best part of The Challenge.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, BK1978 said:

So excited to see racist Tiffany back on television once again.

I wonder why no Josh or Kaycee.

Josh and Kaycee compete in the regular Challenge.  They would obliterate these newbies.   Btw, Kaycee was cowinner last season.  

1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

Josh and Kaycee compete in the regular Challenge.  They would obliterate these newbies.   Btw, Kaycee was cowinner last season.  

Josh?

Really?

His nose would start bleeding when he heard the word “algorithm.” He’s incapable of obliterating anyone.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/12/2022 at 9:47 AM, peachmangosteen said:

The format for this challenge hasn't been done on the original challenge show. At least not that I know of.

I'm interested to see if this one is edited similarly to the original. I hope it is since the editing and music use is honestly the best part of The Challenge.

Is it a teams format, with each show having their own teams?

I can’t help but feel like this is what they were building on the MTV show because they’ve been casting people from CBS reality shows. They’ve had Survivor players Michaela, Michele, and Tommy. They’ve had those most boring Big Brother players with Josh Martinez, Kaycee, and Fessy, and a lot of other BB people since season 33 of the MTV show.

Edited by AntFTW
53 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Is it a teams format, with each show having their own teams?

Doesn't sound like it:

Upon arrival, the CBS reality titans are given $1,000 to start their individual challenge accounts, and they quickly discover they must battle to keep and increase their handsome reward. In each episode, an algorithm pairs contestants who will face off to earn money for their accounts by winning challenges or eliminating their opponents. This will not be an easy task, as they will be paired with a randomly selected competitor every episode, making alliances and strategies more difficult than ever. Players must adapt to survive the game and protect their challenge accounts. With the $500,000 grand prize and title of Challenge Champion on the line, players will be in a constant state of paranoia, unable to trust anyone but themselves.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Josh?

Really?

His nose would start bleeding when he heard the word “algorithm.” He’s incapable of obliterating anyone.

He is a big guy and you’d be surprised.  

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Doesn't sound like it:

Upon arrival, the CBS reality titans are given $1,000 to start their individual challenge accounts, and they quickly discover they must battle to keep and increase their handsome reward. In each episode, an algorithm pairs contestants who will face off to earn money for their accounts by winning challenges or eliminating their opponents. This will not be an easy task, as they will be paired with a randomly selected competitor every episode, making alliances and strategies more difficult than ever. Players must adapt to survive the game and protect their challenge accounts. With the $500,000 grand prize and title of Challenge Champion on the line, players will be in a constant state of paranoia, unable to trust anyone but themselves.

I'm slacking. I never saw this.

(edited)
3 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Have you seen him on The Challenge? He’s an embarrassment. I pity him, and I think that’s worse than hate.

2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Yikes.  This is nothing how the mothership works.  I just hope the challenges kick ass.   

Great, now I got Emy singing “Alien” in my head. Thanks a lot! 😜

Edited by Lantern7
1 minute ago, Lantern7 said:

Have you seen him on The Challenge. He’s an embarrassment. I pity him, and I think that’s worse than hate.

Great, now I got Emy singing “Alien” in my head. Thanks a lot! 😜

You are welcome!

Kaycee is a legit athlete and while I am not as fond of her on the Challenge (I did like her on Big Brother) she probably would be on of the most dominate on the show. 

Josh on the other hand just sucks, has he ever even won an elimination on the Challenge?  I can't see him being dominate at all.

• Like 1
(edited)

Fessy has gone a long way in the Challenge but plays dirty (haul brawl) and sulks when he doesn’t get his way (when he sulked and stopped trying after his partner Kaycee got injured even though she kept trying including doing the eating challenge.   And he got kicked off last time for laying hands on Josh.  

Eta.  I agree that Josh isn’t a beast on the Challenge, he would have a much easier time against this bunch just in terms of size…as long as thinking wasn’t required.  

Edited by DEL901

I love Tyson's "third oldest in the house...barely".  

And Ben...oh Ben.  Considering many (like me) thought he had an easy run during his first time on Survivor, and he kind of flamed out during WAW (which wasn't really his fault I guess), no wonder those are his pet peeves.

(edited)
On 6/17/2022 at 9:52 AM, DEL901 said:

Josh was vanquished, humiliated and eliminated in a tug-of-war with a one-handed man on The Challenge.

Edited by millennium
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, millennium said:

Josh was vanquished, humiliated and eliminated in a tug-of-war with a one-handed man on The Challenge.

@DEL901 . .  . Josh indeed sucks, but the guy he lost to was Jordan Wiseley. Jordan has won three titles, and he can do more with the single fully-formed hand than most people can do with two. He would be the ideal hero if not for his cockiness and crap haircuts.

Have any Racers been spotlighted in the videos? I'm thinking those three would be lumped in, all, "And these guys are here as well." I consider it to be the superior reality series on CBS, but there's precious little overlap with The Challenge. How much would it take to convince Colin & Christie to go for a third shot at glory?

15 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

@DEL901 . .  . Josh indeed sucks, but the guy he lost to was Jordan Wiseley. Jordan has won three titles, and he can do more with the single fully-formed hand than most people can do with two. He would be the ideal hero if not for his cockiness and crap haircuts.

Hey. I think this was directed to @Millenium.  

(edited)
15 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Hey. I think this was directed to @Millenium.  

I quoted @millennium and tagged you to give a little more context to Josh losing to a guy with one hand.

Less than a week until the first episode. I’m feeling more dread than excitement, but at least I’m feeling something. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Edited by Lantern7

I can’t even find Shan on Twitter anymore.  When I type in that account it says it doesn’t exist.  I don’t know if she just deactivated it or what.

Tiffany also stopped following Kyland on Twitter, too.

There's a guy who's been splicing together footage from The Challenge and The Challenge: All Stars to humorous effect. Here's his take on the first two episodes of Challenge USA:

I don't have Disney+, but I got "It was [The Algorithm] all along!"

He also did a "Smash or Pass?" on the cast before it began.

12 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Post show interview with Xavier and Shan.  Shan wants nothing to do with Alyssa and Kyland, whereas Xavier simply views them as his co-workers vs friends.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/the-challenge-usas-xavier-shan-break-down-big-brother-betrayal/

Shan is like a lot of people who play these games.  When I do it to you, it's fine.  It's good gameplay.  It's nothing pesonal.  But when you do it to me?  You low-down, no-good, sorry, sap-sucking, yellow-bellied weasel with no brains, HOW DARE YOU?!?!?!    

I have no knowledge of Xavier outside these few challenge episodes, but he seems a little more reasonable.  "Hey, this is what we do."

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, bunnyface said:

Shan is like a lot of people who play these games.  When I do it to you, it's fine.  It's good gameplay.  It's nothing pesonal.  But when you do it to me?  You low-down, no-good, sorry, sap-sucking, yellow-bellied weasel with no brains, HOW DARE YOU?!?!?!    

I have no knowledge of Xavier outside these few challenge episodes, but he seems a little more reasonable.  "Hey, this is what we do."

Yeah, in post-show interviews from Survivor she really saw nothing wrong with her gameplay but thought those who betrayed her were in the wrong (even though she had done the same thing to other contestants, and planned on backstabbing those who got her first).  I will say, the only reason I'd ever want to see Shan return for anything is the post-show drama she provides.  First Alyssa, then she apparently criticized Angela's looks by saying because of all her botox you couldn't get a clear read on her face.

And from this reddit thread, apparently she re-activated her Twitter account just to throw more attacks at Alyssa.  I have a love/hate relationship with reality shows that bring together contestants who've played with each other before, but there is this bright side.  They are super salty when they are eliminated.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • LOL 1

How has this been thus far?  I haven't watched it because I refuse to watch anything with members of the racist Cookout alliance in it (That is why I refuse to watch BB this year as they had commercials celebrating the alliance.  Why not celebrate Jackson's win while they are at it, they are all just as odious in my book.).  Yes I did say racist, if your whole alliance is based on voting out people based on the color of their skin that makes you racist.  You don't get a pass just because of the color of your skin.  Racism is racism.

On 8/13/2022 at 4:07 AM, BK1978 said:

How has this been thus far? 

On 8/13/2022 at 2:21 PM, xfuse said:

Boring and bland. 

This most interesting thing about this show is the drama happening on Twitter, rather than in the show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1