Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E81: Decision Day Dish: Boston

• Start Topic

Host Donna Rizzo joins several Married at First Sight favorites from the past to discuss the epic Boston season as Decision Day approaches.  They try to predict who will stay married and who will get divorced when the big day arrives as well as reflect back on their own Decision Day experiences.

Air date: May 4, 2022 at 8:00PM EDT.

Recorded and ff'd (may be the only way I watch any of this show anymore). I have no idea who Donna Rizzo is, but she's better than the former host but not nearly as good as Keisha.

Anyway, pretty much a nothing burger. I liked seeing Paige seem normal and Myrna's ex looked good and calm. AJ's self-awareness has grown leaps and bounds. Everyone pretty much had O's number. And whoever said no matter what went down on DD, they're 0/5 by the reunion wasn't wrong. BUT I DIDN'T NEED A WHOLE EPISODE OF PAST VICTIMS TO WASTE MY TIME. Put this season out of its misery.

• Love 9

Yeah, but I thought Donna Rizzo did a very good job, though.  She'd be good on the Afterparty.

It was a bad idea to air this in place of the Decision Day episode.  This season dragged on forever, was just a rehash of the same crap every week and now we have to have a "filler" episode to discuss decision day before it happens?  They are really trying the audience's patience.  People have tuned out for weeks now because of the repetitiveness of the season, the unlikability of the participants and probably don't even care anymore about who stays together or not.  The greedy network executives were just looking to add more advertising revenue.  I won't be surprised if it backfires on them.

• Love 6

Who would have been better panelists?  There was so much unsaid.  I suppose they don't want to say anything about people that will remain in their universe.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

One minute and I was done. Didn't need to see or hear the idiot Bride of Chris. 

Yeah, and she talks so slooooow....

Didn't she say something like she was out the first day? But then she continued to sleep with his nasty ass.  

Yeah, i would definitely respect her opinion on the outcome of this mess.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I just hope that in future seasons, they stop with all these ridiculous filler shows. Or, cast some likable people. But, maybe for every one of us who drop the show because of how it has evolved, they pick up new viewers who enjoy the make-believe drama?

• Love 5

It was okay.  Interesting to hear the thoughts of people who have done this and yet only know this season participants by watching what we watched.

Not sure I agree with their predictions.  I think at least one of every couple will say no.  A little disappointed that most of them didn’t see the main problem with Lindsay or Olajuwon.  
A couple did because one noticed how Lindsay talks to and about Mark when she is mad.  One said O might be a ‘bad husband’.  Gil said O wouldn’t be faithful to Katina. But no one commented on the way  he talks to her and the underlying concerns that the rest of us have about how that could escalate. 

I will be out of town next week.  I will check out the comment section though.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Kira53 said:

Who would have been better panelists?  There was so much unsaid.  I suppose they don't want to say anything about people that will remain in their universe.

Other option: Skip it. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I tuned in for about five minutes, then checked out.  It was nice to see AJ and Steph looking happy, and Keith and (forgot her name), but I didn't care about the singles.

Two of the nicest couples - Steph and AJ and Keith and Christine.  Miss them.  Why can't they air catch-up specials once in a while if not Couples' Cam?  Every week was too much but once in a while would be nice.  This show can't strike a happy medium.  They give us too much or not enough.

Good for AJ speaking his mind about Olajuwon.  The others were chicken shit.  That's why they didn't speak up about him or Lindsey.

• Love 5
(edited)

I think @Kira53 may be correct. There was some chatter last night about who on the panel had met folks from other seasons. It sounds like there is a fair amount of socializing that goes on and last night's participants may have wanted to avoid future trouble with easily inflamed personalities like Lindsay or O if their paths should cross.

Edited by bref
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

It was nice to see AJ and Steph looking happy

That was the best that Steph's hair has looked in a long, long time....and I thought that yellow dress looked so cute on her!

Also, I think it was AJ who made a good point, that Lindsay is too much for Mark, and Mark is not enough for Lindsay.  And Paige' prediction was wild...that they will get divorced at Decision Day but realize they miss each other and get back together at the Reunion.

11 hours ago, cinsays said:

Didn't she say something like she was out the first day? But then she continued to sleep with his nasty ass.  

Great point...kind of revisionist history. I guess you're not going to be first in line to buy the book she said she's almost done writing?😌

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Mark will probably stay as he’s afraid what Lindsey could do, then skip town for a new apartment for himself.  Then call to tell her he’s divorcing her.  She will not take it lightly.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Great point...kind of revisionist history. I guess you're not going to be first in line to buy the book she said she's almost done writing?😌

Paige is writing a book? I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.

That was the best that Steph's hair has looked in a long, long time....and I thought that yellow dress looked so cute on her!

I always thought Sexy AF Steph was pretty. I do prefer her hair a bit longer but she looked great in the yellow dress and the cute shoes. And I think that AJ adores her, which I'm happy to see.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm skimmed it. It was fine.

In a better world they would have just aired this, then decision day for one hour(say yes or no. Get the recapping and preamble out of here)

Air the full reunion the week after. Stop with the bullshit. I get that the network is milking a successful show but if they want to keep the viewers, they need to stop with the games. Make it a tight 13 episodes including the weddings and reunion.

With a mid season check in and a season long after party, sometimes with guest, there was more than enough chatter about the show itself. 

In the preview, they show Jasmina saying if I'm not feeling it I'm not feeling it...again.

I can't. I would literally just walk away if I had to hear that one more time. 

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 3

I loved the first few seasons which looked real.  Basement Ryan, Molly who was horrible to what’s his name that married the therapist.  Good times.  Now, it’s too scripted and boring.  Production got too big for their britches.  I really disliked this season as they matched people who did not belong together.  We, the watchers could have done better in the picking.  Who would pick that whack job Alyssa ?

• Love 2
On 5/9/2022 at 7:35 PM, kristen111 said:

Who would pick that whack job Alyssa ?

Or the obnoxious Olajuwon, the abuse victim Katina, the over-the-top Lindsey, the ice queen Jasmeana, or the unemployed Steve? Much less match an unemployed person with another person paralyzed by fear of being poor. I think Chris was a good guy and he should have been matched better.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Or the obnoxious Olajuwon, the abuse victim Katina, the over-the-top Lindsey, the ice queen Jasmeana, or the unemployed Steve? Much less match an unemployed person with another person paralyzed by fear of being poor. I think Chris was a good guy and he should have been matched better.

Yep.  All of them were mismatched.  This show is going down the tubes.

• Love 1
On 5/6/2022 at 10:42 PM, Elizzikra said:

Paige is writing a book? I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.

Yes, she mentioned that it is called Turning the Paige.  And that got me curious to look up the book.  An article in Essence (https://www.essence.com/love/mafs-paige-banks/) said that in the book she talks about colorism, how she's dealt with that in her adolescence and now, and what that looks like in dating.  She also talks about about her childhood traumas, dealing with people of predatory behavior and how understanding physical boundaries can affect your relationships, dating, etc.  She also addresses why she stayed with Chris, and incidents in her childhood that led to her internalizing a need to protect the Black men in her life, even when their behavior towards her was harmful. 

Also, seems that Paige, Brianna, and Haley are hosting The Journey of Self: Women's Empowerment Conference in June in Atlanta.  Looks like they already hosted one in January.  I can't find anything that explains what the format/content is, but they offer Tier 1 tickets for $75 which is general admission; Tier 2 tickets for $100 which is general admission, a raffle ticket, and a professional headshot; and VIP tickets for $125 which is general admission, 3 raffle tickets, a professional headshot, and an "Exclusive Professional Photo with the three hosts".  If I lived near Atlanta, I'd be tempted to go just out of curiosity!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1