Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E09: Falling On The Grenade

• Start Topic

Kail and Javi consider reuniting. Ashley supports Bar through his mom’s health concerns. Briana tries to bring Luis and Devoin together for her girls. Jaylan grows closer to Leah and her family. Jade opens a new salon while prepping for Sean’s return.

Airs May 3, 2022

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Geez, they brought Corey and Corey's dad out to bless Leah and Jay. This relationship feel more and more forced. 

I hope Devoin comes around even when the cameras aren't there. Nova always looks so miserable, but she actually smiles around him.

I had forgotten how annoying Javi is.

• Love 12

Briana always manages to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.  Luis is finally making a gesture toward being a father to Stella by calling her frequently.  Instead of letting that relationship develop at its own pace, she tries to force the two fathers together at a lunch, where Luis, who is only beginning to get his daughter to warm up to him, will be in direct competition with Devoin, whom Stella loves and trusts.  Why should Luis want to put himself in that situation, where he is sure to be rejected by Stella?  I don't blame him for not showing up, but he should never have agreed to it in the first place.

It seems that every time one of these men takes a step forward, Briana shoves him into moving too far, too fast.  She and her mother are real witches.  And now she's going to cut off Luis entirely--and blame it on him!

• Love 14

So Kail has no storyline anymore because she doesn't want to reveal anything about her life except to show off her new house and plug her podcasts. Everything else is off limits and she becomes beligerent towards the producer and the MTV crew when she asked about something other than the house and her podcasts...the handwriting is on the wall..in fact it's screaming at you...FIRE HER!

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

So Kail has no storyline anymore because she doesn't want to reveal anything about her life except to show off her new house and plug her podcasts.

...and conspire with Javi to pretend they are reuniting.  She's desperately trying to create an interesting storyline while simultaneously feigning disinterest in continuing on the show.

• Love 8
Just now, Snarky McSnarky said:

...and conspire with Javi to pretend they are reuniting.  She's desperately trying to create an interesting storyline while simultaneously feigning disinterest in continuing on the show.

Exactly...and Javi is a willing participant in this faux storyline being the overly thirsty asshat that he is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Mothra said:

Briana always manages to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.  Luis is finally making a gesture toward being a father to Stella by calling her frequently.  Instead of letting that relationship develop at its own pace, she tries to force the two fathers together at a lunch, where Luis, who is only beginning to get his daughter to warm up to him, will be in direct competition with Devoin, whom Stella loves and trusts.  Why should Luis want to put himself in that situation, where he is sure to be rejected by Stella?  I don't blame him for not showing up, but he should never have agreed to it in the first place.

It seems that every time one of these men takes a step forward, Briana shoves him into moving too far, too fast.  She and her mother are real witches.  And now she's going to cut off Luis entirely--and blame it on him!

Yeah, she set him up to fail. At least Stella will have video evidence to take into the therapist's office.

Kail and Javi need to take an acting class or at least watch some YouTube videos because that was really weird and fake.

Didn't know Bar's mom was sick. She's calmed down a lot.

Leah playing coy and saying she in no rush to get married again, lol!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I've noticed over the seasons that Brianna tends to pick up the phone and tell her kids' fathers that she needs them to appear pretty much now, or today, or early tomorrow morning. Just out of the blue. It's like she believes they have no lives or plans and should be at her beck and call.

Same this time. She calls up Devoin and says you wanna have a dad's lunch? Sure he says, I'll be over in a few. She calls up Luis and asks the same thing. He says okay but neither time is any particular time mentioned. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Luis didn't even realize she meant immediately and not at a later date TBD.  She totally sets up the dads to fail. Devoin just learned to follow her game. Luis hasn't or won't.

Don't get me wrong, Luis is terrible. He bailed almost immediately after Stella was born. But Brianna is absolutely ridiculous and sabotages these guys all the time. Then she wails poor me, poor me.

Can't stand the woman.

• Love 10
(edited)

As usual Brianna has to make sure all of the invitations and planning goes down in front of Stella.  Now if Luis doesn't show up Stella will be let down.  Plus, because it was a daddy/daughter lunch, the fact that Nova's dad actually loves Nova more than Stella's dad loves Stella is more glaring than it normally is.  It's not Brianna's fault that Luis is a deadbeat, but it is 100% her fault that she keeps setting Stella up for the fall.  DO NOT FUCKING TELL HER HER DAD IS COMING TO SEE HER, YOU DOLT.  If he shows up it's a pleasant surprise, but if not then no harm.  Why can't she get it through her thick skull after all this time? 

MTV ended the episode before we see what happens, so maybe he does show up, but my point still stands.  She has diarrhea of the mouth when it comes to what she says in front of her girls. 

Edited by eskimo
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, eskimo said:

As usual Brianna has to make sure all of the invitations and planning goes down in front of Stella.  Now if Luis doesn't show up Stella will be let down.  Plus, because it was a daddy/daughter lunch, the fact that Nova's dad actually loves Nova more than Stella's dad loves Stella is more glaring than it normally is.  It's not Brianna's fault that Luis is a deadbeat, but it is 100% her fault that she keeps setting Stella up for the fall.  DO NOT FUCKING TELL HER HER DAD IS COMING TO SEE HER, YOU DOLT.  If he shows up it's a pleasant surprise, but if not then no harm.  Why can't she get it through her thick skull after all this time? 

MTV ended the episode before we see what happens, so maybe he does show up, but my point still stands.  She has diarrhea of the mouth when it comes to what she says in front of her girls. 

Without the drama with Luis, Brianna would have no story line, so she’s going to keep it up, regardless of how it affects Stella.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Soobs said:

Leah playing coy and saying she in no rush to get married again, lol!

The dullard that is Leah will probably be pregnant before she gets married.

• Love 4

At least once a season the show pulls out the Kail and Javi flirting with getting back together and it never happening so I’ve gotta believe it’s for a storyline . Kail’s never been in love with him and she’s not about to start now . 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

I do believe this is the first time I have seen Nova smile and heard her talk during a show!  It happened at Devoin 's new apartment!  She almost seemed joyful.  

This show must pay the extras well too!  New apartment and girlfriend.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 5/4/2022 at 3:25 PM, Mothra said:

On 5/5/2022 at 12:25 AM, eskimo said:

On 5/5/2022 at 8:02 AM, MargeGunderson said:

Without the drama with Luis, Brianna would have no story line, so she’s going to keep it up, regardless of how it affects Stella.

All of this. Roxanne and Briana seem to have this idea that if they can just figure out the right strategy, they can somehow force Luis to be a good and caring father. And that, in the meantime, they have to force Stella to want and enjoy attention from her sperm donor dad. That's a big part of the Operation Make Luis Be a Good Dad strategy. If only Stella and Luis would comply, everything would be great!

It sucks for Stella. If they had never mentioned Luis coming to the lunch, she would have just been excited to see Devoin and if Luis showed up and it wasn't totally awkward with him, that would have been a bonus. But Briana needed drama for her storyline on her reality show, so she had to do the whole, "Do you want your daddy to come? Ok, I'll invite him..." I hate Briana.

On 5/4/2022 at 4:41 PM, Hedgehog2022 said:

So Kail has no storyline anymore because she doesn't want to reveal anything about her life except to show off her new house and plug her podcasts. Everything else is off limits and she becomes beligerent towards the producer and the MTV crew when she asked about something other than the house and her podcasts...the handwriting is on the wall..in fact it's screaming at you...FIRE HER!

On 5/5/2022 at 8:55 PM, Jax7917 said:

At least once a season the show pulls out the Kail and Javi flirting with getting back together and it never happening so I’ve gotta believe it’s for a storyline . Kail’s never been in love with him and she’s not about to start now . 

Yeah. Javi seriously needs his head examined if he's even thinking about getting back together with Kail. The whole scene seemed very fake to me. This entire episode struck me as odd in terms of most of the scenes being obviously staged to provide (phony) exposition. It was all very, "So, Dad, how do you feel about Leah's new boyfriend?" "Oh, I think he's great, son." Weird.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, TheRealT said:

This entire episode struck me as odd in terms of most of the scenes being obviously staged to provide (phony) exposition. It was all very, "So, Dad, how do you feel about Leah's new boyfriend?" "Oh, I think he's great, son." Weird.

I wouldn't call it odd, but only because most of the show seems like that, and has for several years.  I'm actually having trouble remembering what the episodes were like before they were full of these staged conversations, but I know it was different.

• Love 5