Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: What's Love Gotta Do With It?

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Original air date 2022.04.29

It's finally time for Mama Indie to lay a verbal smackdown on whiny brat Harry.  Get the popcorn ready.  Mama Indie does not play. 

She better be there to drive that grandchild and her mother back home 

• Love 8
On 4/24/2022 at 11:41 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

She better be there to drive that grandchild and her mother back home 

Sad (but typical on this show) that Indie can't make the decision to take herself and her kid back home, instead of hanging out in Ohi-yo waiting for Harry to suddenly become someone he really isn't. That's what you get for uprooting your life for a STRANGER. I have no sympathy for Indie, but feel terrible her child has been dragged along into this chaos. 

• Love 8

Harry made it perfectly clear that he doesn't want Indie. He is basically living with Terri.  I wonder what it's going to take for Indie to come to her senses and go home.

I don't think that Raydean even likes Rick. When someone tells you that they must walk away before they hit you, it doesn’t bode well.  I think the only reason he wants to be able to tell the world they are a couple on social media, is to let Kate know.

I don’t believe that Chance Pitt’s grandfather and Brad Pitt’s father are brothers.  Just because they have the same last name and come from Oklahoma doesn’t mean it’s true.  Pitt is probably a common last name in that neck of the woods.  

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Harry made it perfectly clear that he doesn't want Indie. He is basically living with Terri.  I wonder what it's going to take for Indie to come to her senses and go home.

I don't think that Raydean even likes Rick. When someone tells you that they must walk away before they hit you, it doesn’t bode well.  I think the only reason he wants to be able to tell the world they are a couple on social media, is to let Kate know.

I don’t believe that Chance Pitt’s grandfather and Brad Pitt’s father are brothers.  Just because they have the same last name and come from Oklahoma doesn’t mean it’s true.  Pitt is probably a common last name in that neck of the woods.  

I guess they would be first cousins once removed - his dad would be Brad Pitt's cousin.  I don't find it impossible to believe.  Celebrities are people too, and what else does Chance have going for him?

Couldn't agree more about Raydeen and Harry.

I LOVED the "what are you bringing to the table" talk.  More felons should get this treatment.  Of course, she seems to keep coming back to him, so I don't know there.

• Love 5

Meet my little girl—a stripper! Ah, yes, I see the family resemblance in the luscious lashes that leave them both unable to keep their eyes open. She also went into the family business. Mrs Good—is that Chazz’s name or for an ex? I hope it’s not Chazz already! Wait, they’re going on a family outing like this and she didn’t even put a shirt on?? I thought she was running out on a short break between lap dances. Oh, spa day! 

Yes! Mama’s busting in for a full raid and she’s dropping some gems: “Hmm. Sounds femalish to me. … Girl, in the words of Tina Turner, what the hell does love got to do with it?” 

Antoine got a WA face tattoo for Washington, and says he’s going to get another one over his eyebrow. “What’s it gonna be—your zip code?” Dead! All he needs next is a PO Box and you can stamp that baby with Return to Sender. Wait, did he do this tattoo himself in the mirror?! The W is on the right. He got an AW instead of a WA as in AW, shit, you done fucked up your face.

Ok, this scene with Brawyn and her daughter is very sad. I just want to make fun of these people.

Thank you! Here we go… Raydean is a “Gucci girl” who thinks $650 for a jacket “isn’t bad”?! Does she have some type of executive career we’re not aware of? Raydean will not change her Facebook status to “in a relationship.”

Okay, I think meeting Brad Pitt once when you were 6 is not exactly the familial relationship worth bragging about. 

Uh-oh. Kaylah told you she needed to eat, and now she’s hangry from low blood sugar and 13 years’ worth of shattered expectations.

Martell has a Gucci sweater! Who knew that Gucci was the preferred designer of felons? We got Martell, Raydean, and the other one from a few seasons back with his Gucci pants. I’m thinking these are not exactly the brand ambassadors Gucci had in mind. 

Harry’s all, “Oh, shit! This is entrapment!”

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4

I was kind of disappointed by the big Yo/Harry confrontation. It was just her yelling over his mumbled non sequiturs. Despite her saying she wanted to hear 'his side', she really didn't. I was expecting to hear some funny insults from her, but nah.

Stripper daughter bugged with her prissy 'this old dude doesn't have the finances to take care of Mom'- Branwyn appears to be a strapping woman who could easily get a job in a city like Portland -where they seem to be extremely tolerant of criminals and druggies. That said, Chazz is a desperate sadsack, pretty much a twin of Rick.

I'm going to guess that Rick/Gollum, Kevin/Tiff, Indie/Harry won't be back. Surely, Rick won't stick around if he finds out about the blushing bride, Kevin didn't seem to want to pursue Tiff, and Harry has other options than Indie. 

OTOH, I don't think Kaylah-despite all her tough talk-is ready to cut Martell off, and I'm horribly afraid Chance and TayLER will marry, chaos will ensue.

The only couple I'm not sure of is Chazz/Branwyn. Depends on how much Branwyn needs the Sharp paycheck.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, sempervivum said:

OTOH, I don't think Kaylah-despite all her tough talk-is ready to cut Martell off

She isn’t. She slid right over and let him drive her car (and there’s no way he has a license). I think it’s sunk cost fallacy - she waited 13 years (which was dumb), she doesn’t want to believe it wasn’t worth it. Similarly, I think Indie doesn’t take her kid and go back to Maryland (you know Harry’s sister wants Indie out of her house) because she doesn’t want to hear her family’s I told you so’s.

• Love 5
On 4/29/2022 at 10:06 AM, hookedontv said:

Sad (but typical on this show) that Indie can't make the decision to take herself and her kid back home, instead of hanging out in Ohi-yo waiting for Harry to suddenly become someone he really isn't. That's what you get for uprooting your life for a STRANGER. I have no sympathy for Indie, but feel terrible her child has been dragged along into this chaos. 

And the other kid was just left behind in Maryland.  Must feel great to be abandoned for mediocre prison cock.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Stripper daughter bugged with her prissy 'this old dude doesn't have the finances to take care of Mom'-

He had just charged $600 for their hair so maybe that maxed him out.  Or sometimes when you are traveling the bank will decline because it suspects fraud but if you tell them it’s you they will then let it go through.  But what could three BLTs cost anyway?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, sempervivum said:

17 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Meet my little girl—a stripper! Ah, yes, I see the family resemblance in the luscious lashes that leave them both unable to keep their eyes open. She also went into the family business. Mrs Good—is that Chazz’s name or for an ex? I hope it’s not Chazz already! Wait, they’re going on a family outing like this and she didn’t even put a shirt on?? I thought she was running out on a short break between lap dances. Oh, spa day! 

Exactly!   When they were in the spa I was shocked she hadn’t changed clothes!!!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

He had just charged $600 for their hair so maybe that maxed him out.  Or sometimes when you are traveling the bank will decline because it suspects fraud but if you tell them it’s you they will then let it go through.  But what could three BLTs cost anyway?

As much as you can't dismiss producer shenanigans, he had just put $600 at a hair salon out of town.  If his bank didn't cut off his card for fraud loss, there's something wrong with their fraud screening.  I can't see him paying more than $30 at a barber's shop for his own hair.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, anoninrva said:

As much as you can't dismiss producer shenanigans, he had just put $600 at a hair salon out of town.  If his bank didn't cut off his card for fraud loss, there's something wrong with their fraud screening.  I can't see him paying more than $30 at a barber's shop for his own hair.

Especially as it is extremely unlikely that he had ever used the card to pay a hair salon before this.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I'm guessing the show paid the salon!  It was part of the episode.  Card denial might have or have not been part of the drama.

Regardless, there is perfectly reasonable explanation for why his card was declined that doesn't make him a loser. Not in this instance anyway.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, hookedontv said:

Indie’s mom saying “Turry” instead of “Terry” is killing me. 

She reminded me of Rodney from Marrying Millions who was afraid to tell his “purr’nts” he was getting “murried” 

• LOL 3

So this past weekend I marathoned this entire pathetic season, after these episodes sitting on my DVR for months.  Where to begin?

Why do these women (and a few men) act so shocked that the person they "knew" behind bars is a completely different person when free?  Well, no shit.  First, they are on their best behavior to get things from you -- if they acted a fool straight out of the gate, they wouldn't get anything.  At least not from most.  Secondly, most of them are on their best (or better) behavior so they can get out (although some of them clearly want back in).  And thirdly, they are institutionalized.  I shouldn't be, since I watch reality trash like this, but am shocked at how these "civilians" don't seem to realize that their inmates, particularly the ones with long stretches, become institutionalized.  

Let's take Antoine and Harry to start.  Antoine went in at what?  17?  He's clearly emotionally stuck there, if not younger.  Harry is as well.  They are both thoroughly ungrateful little shitbags who don't understand why the world doesn't revolve around them and have an unhealthy and greatly engorged opinion of themselves.  I find them both pretty repulsive, both in behavior and appearance.  Indie and Lacey could each do better than scraping the bottom of this particular clown barrel.  

Lacey, at least, appears to recognize that Antoine hasn't lived out in the world as an adult and has zero concept on how the real world works.  Other than complaining, all we've seen him do is hit a few golf balls, pout about Lacey not buying him a car, add a new, equally ugly tattoo, to his existing collection, and smoke weed.  What a winner!  Why isn't he looking for a job?  I get that a convicted felon with butt-ugly face tattoos probably makes things difficult but surely there's got to be something.  His sense of entitlement is galling.  Lacey should kick him out and send him back to his mother, who is clearly no prize.  She too seems to think that Antoine is something special (newsflash: he's not) and even though she's been diagnosed with liver failure, she's still chugging away.  I can't imagine it will be long before Antoine is back in the pokey. 

While one part of me feels sorry for Harry because his childhood and upbringing was clearly terrible and he has had problems for years, he is now an adult and needs to take accountability.  Indie is not responsible for what his mother did or didn't do and his sisters aren't his keepers.  He acts so surprised and annoyed that he has to check in with his PO.  That's what happens when you commit aggravated kidnapping and go to prison, dumb ass.   I have zero idea how he got Indie to move to Ohio for him and Halfway House Terry to lose her job over him because at least IMO he looks as if bathing is not at the top of his priority list.  I swear, between him and Chicklet Raydeen, I feel like the funk is seeping through my television.  

Indie is an absolute moron.  Harry has demeaned her, told her he's cheating on her, left his sister's house for a week to live with Halfway House Terri and she's seen the texts between the two of them and she's still there?  WHY?  He's made it very clear he doesn't care about her or her daughter.  I don't think he even cares about himself very much.  He needs therapy, pronto.  If I had to guess, I would suspect if therapy was ever broached with him, he'd shoot it down and claim he's taken care of his own issues.  I fully expect him to be back behind bars shortly, if he's not already there.  

Indie's mom should at least take Indie's daughter back to Maryland.  If Indie wants to continue to fuck up her own life, fine but do not do that to your child's life.  

Raydeen's Chicklet teeth absolutely terrify me.  I'm shocked that I haven't had any nightmares about them.  Is the single female situation so dire in that part of Texas that Rick is willing to be humiliated by a meth-ed out (at least former, surely) convict?  His roommate (Ramona?) certainly has Chicklet's number and I'm here for it.  I found it hilarious that Chicklet tried to tell Ramona she was done having a conversation with her and indicated that Ramona should leave -- while standing on Rick and Ramona's front porch.  Bitch, you're at her house.  If you're done, take your bony ass on out of there.  And yeah, $650 "isn't bad" for a jacket.  No, it's not, when you're not paying for it.   Someone needs to let Rick in on a little secret called Walmart and Target.  That's where he should have been buying her undies and jacket.  I still cannot believe he dropped over $700 on underwear for that ungrateful little witch.  

Speaking of witches, Tiffany was about as transparent as they come.  Clearly she was all into Kurtis until Kevin clocked him and he was down for the count.  Then suddenly it caused her to think (probably should have been a local news headline because I have a feeling that Tiffany and thinking don't meet often).  Not that I feel sorry for Kevin because he's clearly a douche and the only thing he has going for him are nice cars (how does he afford them) and cute dogs.  Tiffany is/was using Kevin and Kevin was using Tiffany to get back at or something regarding his crazy ex (or should I say "ex") Kayla.  Kayla should be worrying more about getting all the paint on her car to match instead of what and who Kevin is doing.  

Kaylah (not to be confused with crazy Kayla) deserves better than Mr. Clean Martel.  As soon as he started in that first night about how she should be doing his laundry and cleaning the kitchen and nitpicking everything, I would have packed up, turned in the apartment keys, broken the lease, and left.  She stuck by him for THIRTEEN YEARS and this is how he's treating her?  No.  Absolutely not.  Kaylah has way more going for her than he has going for him.  And then to ignore the fact that she's hungry and would like to eat because he wants to go get a haircut?  Screw you, dude.  She should not have come back.  Go to the apartment, pack everything up, turn in the keys and break the lease.  

I hope that Branwyn won't be this season's Goddess.  Fortunately, Chazz appears to be worlds ahead of Clint.  He seems like a nice guy (although five marriages, including Branwyn, is worrisome) so he may get trampled on.  Branwyn's daughter needs to cool her jets and take a few seats.  Chazz just paid for you to get your hair styled (looked the same to me), as well as your mom, to the tune of over $500 (ridiculous) so have a little bit of respect.  I know that my bank, if I don't notify them of being out of town, will decline any suspicious looking charge or an abnormally large charge.  I'm willing to bet that's what happened.   Branwyn clearly is not into Chazz at all.  And here comes Branwyn's daughter with the guilt trip.  Did Branwyn never consider this before agreeing to marry Chazz and move to Kentucky?  

I am giving Branwyn's friend Jessica the side eye for bringing her EX-BOYFRIEND WHO GOT HER TOSSED INTO THE SLAMMER to her prison release/wedding day.  WTF?  Huge red flag right there.  I have a suspicion this won't end well for Chazz.  At least he has his cat.

I almost forget Chance and Tayler.  Only remember because Chazz and Chance are close.  Tayler's laugh is highly, highly annoying, as is Chance's issue with pictures of Tayler's ex being up.  The dude died and he is the father of her daughters so Chance needs to back away from that one.  Do those girls have free reign of the house or are there producer shenanigans going on?  Seems like we see them running around screaming, unchaperoned and apparently high on sugar the majority of the time.  Maybe Tayler should be paying more attention to them instead of moving a convict into the house that she doesn't know?  Just saying.  

Will be interesting to see what happens on the season finale.  And by that, I mean how many inmates go back to prison.    

• Love 5
On 5/3/2022 at 3:58 PM, psychoticstate said:

Lacey should kick him out and send him back to his mother, who is clearly no prize. 

She is like 45 and already has stage four cirrhosis and needs a transplant.  Oy vey.  There are homeless drunks with healthier livers.

• Love 1
(edited)

And here comes Branwyn's daughter with the guilt trip.  Did Branwyn never consider this before agreeing to marry Chazz and move to Kentucky?  

If Branwyn stays in Portland she will end up back in prison so they will be separated either way.

Maybe Tayler should be paying more attention to them instead of moving a convict into the house that she doesn't know?  Just saying.  

But his sex was so good he gave her an infection!

Edited by MrBuhBye
(edited)
5 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

But his sex was so good he gave her an infection!

The way that they were giggling like they were proud of that fact?  Ewwww…

I think I’ve figured out my problem.  I keep expecting someone on this show to act like a normal person.  Not gonna happen! But now that I’ve accepted that fact, I’m sure I’ll enjoy it much more!!!

Edited by teapot
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 5/1/2022 at 12:30 PM, hookedontv said:

Indie’s mom saying “Turry” instead of “Terry” is killing me. 

I've been listening to the Pink Shade Podcast.  They do a very funny recap of LAL, including multiple references to "Turry."  It was LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I've been listening to the Pink Shade Podcast.  They do a very funny recap of LAL, including multiple references to "Turry."  It was LOL.

Maybe she is influenced by Harry being turdy.

• LOL 2