Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E08: Under My Roof

druzy
  • Start Topic

Kail reveals news about Chris while Briana becomes overwhelmed by Stella’s father’s absence. Jaylan & Leah make a major move forward. Ashley’s vaccination decision upsets her mom. Jade gets a new house but is unsure who will live there when Sean returns.

Airs April 26, 2022

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, druzy said:

Jade gets a new house but is unsure who will live there when Sean returns.

Um…how about you and your kid, Jade?  Does she now have to set up suites for her mother, mother’s boyfriend, Sean, her best friend, etc?  She needs to kick everyone to the curb!

• Love 7
On 4/22/2022 at 2:34 PM, druzy said:

Briana becomes overwhelmed by Stella’s father’s absence.

Sure, Brianna. Milk that storyline about heroic motherhood in the face of Luis' absence, how you do all this on your own.

I may have to start FF'g her segments.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Sure, Brianna. Milk that storyline about heroic motherhood in the face of Luis' absence, how you do all this on your own.

I may have to start FF'g her segments.

Brianna took over Chelsea’s story line.  Only Stella is younger so more damage will be inflicted every time her mother notes that Devoin is reliable and takes them to fun places but Stella’s father has no interest in her. 

• Love 7

And she makes sure that we (and eventually Stella) will not forget that Brianna was dead set on aborting this child and it was Luis who insisted he would step up and be a great dad if only Brianna was willing to have the baby. And then he bailed immediately after Stella was born. She reminded us of this fact, in a bid to gain more sympathy and cast more shade on Luis, just last week. I am so sorry Stella will have this situation immortalized for her when she is old enough to watch all of this mess.

My mom had me at 41. When I was an adult she said to me that if she had known the stats on birth defects among older pregnancies she would definitely have aborted me. Intellectually I understood her fear, but emotionally it was crushing. I can only imagine how Stella will feel when she hears about this someday. And she will because a) Brianna brings it up without any care for Stella's feelings in a bid to make herself look more the martyr, and b) it is on television forever.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

And she makes sure that we (and eventually Stella) will not forget that Brianna was dead set on aborting this child and it was Luis who insisted he would step up and be a great dad if only Brianna was willing to have the baby. And then he bailed immediately after Stella was born. She reminded us of this fact, in a bid to gain more sympathy and cast more shade on Luis, just last week. I am so sorry Stella will have this situation immortalized for her when she is old enough to watch all of this mess.

My mom had me at 41. When I was an adult she said to me that if she had known the stats on birth defects among older pregnancies she would definitely have aborted me. Intellectually I understood her fear, but emotionally it was crushing. I can only imagine how Stella will feel when she hears about this someday. And she will because a) Brianna brings it up without any care for Stella's feelings in a bid to make herself look more the martyr, and b) it is on television forever.

I think one of these guys was a one night stand or something?   Her mentioning that she was thinking of abortion should never have been spoken out loud.  

And they live in Florida.  I hope someone takes the time to teach them Spanish.   

• Love 2

Karl doesn't want to talk about anything. She will probably want a new producer after that one asked too many question. What's it going to take to get this repulsive sack of shit off of our TV screens?

I didn't forget you Leah! you are absolutely nauseating.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Karl doesn't want to talk about anything. She will probably want a new producer after that one asked too many question. What's it going to take to get this repulsive sack of shit off of our TV screens?

How DARE that producer ask questions that are relevant to the television show Kail's paid to be on!  It's supposed to be a reality show about moms and the people surrounding them, not a documentary about podcasts nobody cares about. 

Jaylan is using Leah.  He's just another fame whore.  Too bad the girls have to go along for the ride.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Spot on! Kail doesn't want to answer questions, she doesn't want to talk about anything except her dopey podcasts. She's very transanctional. She's only on this show to shill her podcasts or anything else that she is promoting. Other than that...can't ask any questions about her baby daddies, can't talk about her kids unless it doesn't involve the baby daddies...she's a pain in the ass. Through the years I've vacillated about her. There were times I felt badly for her...especially when she was kicked out of her mother's house and was on welfare. But even then she was cheating on her boyfriend Jordan with Jo...before that she cheated on Jo with Jordan...while she was still living at Jo's family home. This girl is wack...serial cheater, deliberately gets pregnant, sheds friendships for no reason at all, demands loyalty but doesn't abide by that herself. Very rarely takes ownership of her bad behavior and how destructive she can be. Dollars to donuts  she gets that producer fired. She's a nightmare. MTV...please fire her ass. Thanks.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

How DARE that producer ask questions that are relevant to the television show Kail's paid to be on!  It's supposed to be a reality show about moms and the people surrounding them, not a documentary about podcasts nobody cares about. 

Jaylan is using Leah.  He's just another fame whore.  Too bad the girls have to go along for the ride.

Right??? How long will MTV keep paying her to promote her podcast? Because basically, that's all she wants to do! Briana was right about Kail not wanting to reveal anyhthing about her life except doing her podcasts. Anything else is just ignored or receives a snippy response and then her walking her ample ass out of the room. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, politichick said:

Why is Ashley's family so anti-vax? I wouldn't want to have my hair styled by someone who isn't vaccinated and requiring clients and staff to be vaccinated. She'd better hope her daughter doesn't catch covid!

I think it has to do with a history of the U.S. government using people of color as human guinea pigs for vaccine testing way back in the day. There is this deep seeded mistrust of the government using people of color to administer vaccines that were unsafe and had not gone through enough testing prior to human trials with outcomes that were tragic.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, SilverLake0315 said:

Jaylan makes me uncomfortable and I can’t quite put my finger on why. 

I can't figure out why a guy in his mid twenties and a good career. Would want to hook up with a dullard with 3 kids and 2 failed marriages. One good thing, Jaylan don't have to worry about vacationing with Karl and her spawn as she and Leah had a big falling out. Leah liked a post from Brianna, who she got to know at the family reunion. That's all it took, they are no longer friends. Karl must monitor every post her few friends make. She does not trust anybody. 

Edited by Mr. Miner
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

I think it has to do with a history of the U.S. government using people of color as human guinea pigs for vaccine testing way back in the day. There is this deep seeded mistrust of the government using people of color to administer vaccines that were unsafe and had not gone through enough testing prior to human trials with outcomes that were tragic.

That was my first thought, as well, but then it seemed like more of a religious stance (at least for her mom) when Ashley was talking to her about it. I did get the impression that her sister was more vary due to the reason you stated, but she seemed open to it.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SilverLake0315 said:

That was my first thought, as well, but then it seemed like more of a religious stance (at least for her mom) when Ashley was talking to her about it. I did get the impression that her sister was more vary due to the reason you stated, but she seemed open to it.

What religion prohibits vaccinations? (Other than Christian Scientists and Jehovah’s Witnesses)

• Useful 1

Why the heck is Kail on this show if she refuses to discuss anything? Is anyone actually listening to Chris's podcast? I did love Jo and his glasses helping Isaac with the Legos. 

I will give credit to Devoin for not treating Stella any different than Nova and including her on the outing. I hope that happens often and not just on camera. 

I'm also confused about Jaylan. He's a young educated guy, why would he want to pack up everything to move to west Virginia to be with Leah and all her baggage. 

Good on Jade for buying her own house. Hopefully she sets some boundaries with her parents and Sean.

• Love 4

They prominently showed that Jade bought in the Bates-Hendricks section of downtown Indianapolis. That neighborhood was the first one that the folks on Good Bones decided to start gentrifying and has some terrible houses and some great remodeled homes as well. Unless things have taken a turn for bad since then I think Jade made a great choice for her first home in her price range. A little house that she can make updates and improvements on in an up and coming neighborhood seems like a wise choice for her. 

Now if she can just leave the addicts in her life as 'visit only' and keep it her and Kloie as residents she could vastly improve her outlook. Those folks just keep pulling her down. And therapy. Lots of therapy.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 4/28/2022 at 9:27 AM, Mr. Miner said:

I can't figure out why a guy in his mid twenties and a good career. Would want to hook up with a dullard with 3 kids and 2 failed marriages. One good thing, Jaylan don't have to worry about vacationing with Karl and her spawn as she and Leah had a big falling out. Leah liked a post from Brianna, who she got to know at the family reunion. That's all it took, they are no longer friends. Karl must monitor every post her few friends make. She does not trust anybody. 

I agree, but at least for now he seems to be keeping his career and not sponging off of her. I'm sure that'll change. I do see what you mean but Leah is an attractive girl and seems to have grown as a person. Some people don't mind stepping into a relationship with someone who has kids. I'm sure part of the attraction is her being on tv but it could be a Cole situation where she just lucked out with finding a good catch. If she's not pregnant yet she will be any day. 

Edited by Jax7917
  • Love 4
On 4/26/2022 at 10:36 PM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

The thing is, she shouldn't say it in front of  Stella or on camera but I agree with her in that she kept telling Luis she wasn't ready for a child and she did want to have an abortion. He insisted she keep the child and that he would be a big part of his daughter's life. Fast forward to her being born and him completely going back on what he said and not even picking up the phone to call her (ever.) He is not helping with anything and doesn't seem to have any emotion toward her. I understand Briana's frustration and I understand her bringing it up. She should not be bringing it up on camera where her daughter can see one day, but he deserves to hear that. Briana can be a huge bitch and she makes horrific decisions but she has a right to be pissed off about everything. Sure, she was an idiot for getting knocked up by a stranger , especially after she had round 1 with Devoin, but given her situation, i'd be extremely bitter too. Although I do recall her saying a couple seasons ago that she still doesn't wear protection with random guys she has sex with and that is just idiotic. She is so lucky she has the coven to help her, otherwise I think she would have given both kids up.

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, Jax7917 said:

The thing is, she shouldn't say it in front of  Stella or on camera but I agree with her in that she kept telling Luis she wasn't ready for a child and she did want to have an abortion. He insisted she keep the child and that he would be a big part of his daughter's life. Fast forward to her being born and him completely going back on what he said and not even picking up the phone to call her (ever.) He is not helping with anything and doesn't seem to have any emotion toward her. I understand Briana's frustration and I understand her bringing it up. She should not be bringing it up on camera where her daughter can see one day, but he deserves to hear that. Briana can be a huge bitch and she makes horrific decisions but she has a right to be pissed off about everything. Sure, she was an idiot for getting knocked up by a stranger , especially after she had round 1 with Devoin, but given her situation, i'd be extremely bitter too. Although I do recall her saying a couple seasons ago that she still doesn't wear protection with random guys she has sex with and that is just idiotic. She is so lucky she has the coven to help her, otherwise I think she would have given both kids up.

Absolutely. She shouldn’t have given Luis any say in her choices about her own body. She wanted an abortion and she should’ve gotten one. Hopefully both of her daughters will understand that women often have to make hard decisions like this and realize that she doesn’t love or want them any less because she considered other options.

• Love 5

My recollection of the storyline with being pregnant with Stella was that Briana wanted to give her up for adoption.  It stuck in my memory because it seemed so ridiculous.  The majority of women who have abortions already have children, but I don't think that's the case for women who voluntarily give up a child for adoption.  I never thought for a second that Briana would actually give Stella up for adoption and was kind of insulted that MTV found it to be a worthy storyline.

According to what we saw, Briana was pushing for adoption and Luis talked her out of it, and then bailed, as anyone with any sense would have predicted.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I definitely remember Brianna considering adoption. I don't recall if abortion was ever discussed. But I do remember her going to an adoption agency and talking to a counselor. Now, I don't know how serious she actually was about adoption or if it was just something the producers suggested for a story line. I remember Luis was VERY against the adoption and fed her a line of BS that he was going to be there for his child.

It's nice that L. is calling Stella but couldn't he try to visit her her at least one day a week for a few hours just so Stella can have some consistency. Say like every Sunday from noon to 4 or something.

• Useful 2
On 5/3/2022 at 9:03 AM, Jax7917 said:

Yeah, the “Luis gives Brianna chlamydia” episode was pretty strong evidence she isn’t a fan of protection…and it’s another nice documented story for Stella to watch later on. #couplesgoalz