Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: The Land

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I wonder what the Abbott Ranch, name and Logo/Brand was before Royal Abbott showed up, since that symbol seems to be forever tied to the land.

So Royal wasn't lying when he said that one of the Tillerson's shot him. It is weird that so many people were there waiting for Royal when he went to to the other side, considering that there are almost people who are at that spot in the other world.

2 hours ago, paigow said:

The hole is a temporal portal - but Abbot remembers everything? Can he change the future? 

So the hole is a time machine. Royal saw the future, and I am wondering too, can he change it?

The woman, Autumn, seems evil.

Everyone exists in the future, but nobody else jumps into the hole... They just stand around it???? Waiting for the clock to hit zero??? Did the body show up in the future? The shovel?

On 4/15/2022 at 8:19 AM, AnimeMania said:

So Royal wasn't lying when he said that one of the Tillerson's shot him. It is weird that so many people were there waiting for Royal when he went to to the other side, considering that there are almost people who are at that spot in the other world.

Yes, I didn't understand when he said he got grazed by a bullet, I thought I missed something. I was also intrigued by everyone being in the other world.

13 hours ago, paigow said:

Everyone exists in the future, but nobody else jumps into the hole... They just stand around it???? Waiting for the clock to hit zero??? Did the body show up in the future? The shovel?

Suprised me when the Tillerson tried to shoot him. 

This show feels like a chore to me.  

Royal’s sons aren’t that sharp.   He should have realized they are not smart enough to keep tight on the body cover up.  And the granddaughter is insufferable.  Omg, she’s annoying.  

Shows about fighting over property are so overdone.  I’m not sure this one will be worth it.   

Royal’s wife is a treat though.  I’ve liked her since Six Feet Under.   

• Love 5

I'm intrigued but if things start getting weird and hella convoluted like "Lost", I'm gonna be bailing.  In particular, the hippie chick grates my nerves with her new-agey, Burning Man reject nonsense.

• Love 5

Couple of things I noticed during Royal's trip to the other side on 2nd watch.

-- all of the locals (including Autumn) were wearing the same necklace. 
    If you recall when Royal is interrogating Autumn she mentions that she was once a member of cult.
-- Wayne Tillerson was standing upright with no oxygen mask
-- there's a lingering shot of a tank with the BY9 on it
-- there seem to be 3 distinct groups at the site:  the military, Autumn and the members of her cult, and other non-cult locals (i.e. the Tillersons)
-- the military appears to be in control of the site, but local law enforcement is there too

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Ref. The bison with arrows in his side.  Are those injuries fatal?  If so, why doesn’t someone put the animal down to spare his suffering?  If not, then what happens?  Does the bison walk around until the arrows fall out on their own?  I assume the bison are protected by law….who shot the bison?  

I hate to mention physical attributes and I rarely do….but Autumn’s upper tooth line is so distracting.  Is is a prosthetic?  She’s a very lovely girl, but that feature just keeps me staring at her teeth? Lol

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I hate to mention physical attributes and I rarely do….but Autumn’s upper tooth line is so distracting.  Is is a prosthetic?  She’s a very lovely girl, but that feature just keeps me staring at her teeth? Lol

You got me curious so I searched for images of the actor, Imogene Poots, as herself and compared them to pics of her in this show. I'll give you a couple of links to compare, if you feel like clicking. 

Autumn

Imogene Poots

If the actor, who I've liked in other things, is going for a weird blend of annoying, friendly menace, she's knocking it out of the park. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Darian said:

You got me curious so I searched for images of the actor, Imogene Poots, as herself and compared them to pics of her in this show. I'll give you a couple of links to compare, if you feel like clicking. 

Autumn

Imogene Poots

If the actor, who I've liked in other things, is going for a weird blend of annoying, friendly menace, she's knocking it out of the park. 

There appears to be a difference in those photos, imo.  Maybe, it’s a part of the character.  

Royal’s first mistake was doing her a favor after her smart ass remark about not having any poetry for sale.  Lol

• Love 2
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Royal’s first mistake was doing her a favor after her smart ass remark about not having any poetry for sale.  Lol

She also must be able to remember events on both sides of the portal... so she knew how to manipulate Thanos, Cable, Abbot

• Love 2
On 4/18/2022 at 5:23 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Ref. The bison with arrows in his side.  Are those injuries fatal?  If so, why doesn’t someone put the animal down to spare his suffering?  If not, then what happens?  Does the bison walk around until the arrows fall out on their own?  I assume the bison are protected by law….who shot the bison?  

Bison are raised for meat so they aren’t endangered. I assume this is a bison from another time or a personification of the great god pan, but it isn’t endangered in our time. The arrows don’t look that deeply set, no organ damage, and bison will be fairly thick skinned. I think its chances are good. 
i’ve been assuming Indians in the past shot the bison but we’ll see. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 4/23/2022 at 4:03 PM, Affogato said:

The arrows don’t look that deeply set, no organ damage, and bison will be fairly thick skinned. I think its chances are good. 

Agreed. Also, it's a stunt bison. 😁

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 4/23/2022 at 3:03 PM, Affogato said:

Bison are raised for meat so they aren’t endangered. I assume this is a bison from another time or a personification of the great god pan, but it isn’t endangered in our time. The arrows don’t look that deeply set, no organ damage, and bison will be fairly thick skinned. I think its chances are good. 
i’ve been assuming Indians in the past shot the bison but we’ll see. 

We saw Autumn walk up to the bison and easily pull an arrow out in one episode.

On 4/18/2022 at 10:42 PM, Accidental Martyr said:

I’ve liked her since Say Anything.

590FEE58-2881-44B8-8E1A-79D27D06FE49.jpeg

Anytime she appears on screen in anything (including this), I say "it's like with me and Joe."   At first my husband didn't believe it was "the Joe girl" as he calls her.  lol  He had to concede. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 4/24/2022 at 11:31 PM, LittleIggy said:

Right. That was in episode after I posted that.  So, the arrow is barely bothering the bison.  

On 4/18/2022 at 7:58 AM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Couple of things I noticed during Royal's trip to the other side on 2nd watch.

-- all of the locals (including Autumn) were wearing the same necklace. 

Wade Tillerson had like a geode type ball of something on his side table that looked like the same stuff the necklace is made of.  When he called and said something was coming in the first episode.

• Love 1
On 4/24/2022 at 11:31 PM, LittleIggy said:

The one after this one.