Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Bob and Abishola decide her mother has officially overstayed her welcome when Ebunoluwa starts renovating Bob's guest room. Also, when Abishola and Kemi hatch a plan to have a spirit speak to Ebunoluwa from beyond the grave, Abishola gets more information about her mother than she bargained for.

Airdate: 03/28/2022

I just really can't stand the mom. I'm just tired of the plotline that someone can be an absolute nightmare, treat everyone like crap and all is forgiven because they're sad and are vulnerable for a moment. 

Tunde and Only continue to be the best. And teaching Dele about the Sugarhill Gang and Eric B. & Rakim is golden.

• Love 10

Loved this episode - I don't like Abishola's Mom most of the time, but it was nice to see a little bit of vulnerability in her character tonight, and the way Abishola dealt with her on the way to the airport.  Abishola allowed her mother to maintain her [false] sense of dignity, which Ebun obviously holds great importance.  

Uncle Tunde and Dele were AMAZING!!!!  Tunde and Olu continue to be the break-out stars of this cast.

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, VanillaBeanne said:

This was one of my favorite episodes.  Loved Tunde/Dele plot line, the nurses scheming,  Abishola mock interrogating Bob, and the drive to the airport with her mom. 

All of this👆 plus Bob's expressions of his love for Abishola.
A feel-good episode with humor.

• Love 9

I think we got a sense before that all wasn’t right between Abishola’s mom and her husband, so it wasn’t a surprise that the love is gone. Good episode overall

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Tunde is the best -- introducing Dele to Sugarhill Gang!

I loved them together! So much fun! Found it interesting that Dele was going to stay in the US when his grandma was going back to Nigeria. 
Ebun, don’t you dare tell them to turn off Lady Marmelade! 🎶🎵🎶

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 7

I'm surprised that the "mother speaks to  you from the grave" ploy worked. It was incredibly simplistic. I would have been happy if Ebun left, the show is better without her. But it is what it is.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, possibilities said:

I love Tunde.

Also, it was funny to me how he was wearing a messy painting outfit and Dele was in his regular clothes and had not a splotch on him.

I am probably reading way too much symbolism into Tunde’s paint-splotched coveralls, but they do represent many years of painting rooms, which Tunde states is an essential skill to be a man/adult. 

• Love 10

Tunde and Dele scene was really good, but I would have preferred that they celebrate the death of Motown, instead of the birth of Hip-Hop, since they are in Detroit. They could have even mentioned that the Music of Motown was the reason that Tunde and Olu chose Detroit when they moved to America.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I am probably reading way too much symbolism into Tunde’s paint-splotched coveralls, but they do represent many years of painting rooms, which Tunde states is an essential skill to be a man/adult. 

For sure, but Dele remaining un-splotched in his perfect clothing was funny to me. I've known people like that. Give them the messiest tasks and they somehow never look anything but perfectly put together.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Tunde and Dele scene was really good, but I would have preferred that they celebrate the death of Motown, instead of the birth of Hip-Hop, since they are in Detroit. They could have even mentioned that the Music of Motown was the reason that Tunde and Olu chose Detroit when they moved to America.

Was that the reason they chose Detroit?  I must have missed or forgotten that.

I personally liked that it was about hip hop since I'm from the Bronx and loved the old school stuff when it first came out.  I still have my Sugar Hill Gang and Grandmaster Flash 12 inch singles.  Also perhaps it might be more relevant to Dele because it was the root of all present day hip hop music.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

No, they haven't given a reason yet, but that would have been a great one. Especially if they wanted to be part of the Motown Scene and it had ended before they reached America, but Tunde and Olu didn't realize it because they were from a different country and Motown was still really popular there.

The only time they really talked up Detroit was that scene with Gloria and Dottie reminiscing and when Bob was out looking for food with Abishola.

Edited by AnimeMania
14 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I personally liked that it was about hip hop since I'm from the Bronx and loved the old school stuff when it first came out.  I still have my Sugar Hill Gang and Grandmaster Flash 12 inch singles.  Also perhaps it might be more relevant to Dele because it was the root of all present day hip hop music.

I am guessing they chose it because there is a large Nigerian diaspora in Detroit. Folks who immigrate tend to choose cities with large groups of immigrants from their home country for support.

• Love 5

I don't know.  I think Tunde being into Motown would be the expected path.  I was glad they took a different route and had Tunde's fandom squarely in the roots of Hip Hop. 

What might be a fun future scene is Dele "discovering" Motown and getting obsessed.  I could see his enthusiasm being contagious, and Bob gleefully feeding it by sending him songs to check out and taking him on little field trips around Detroit to famous Motown related locations.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

I don't know.  I think Tunde being into Motown would be the expected path.  I was glad they took a different route and had Tunde's fandom squarely in the roots of Hip Hop. 

What might be a fun future scene is Dele "discovering" Motown and getting obsessed.  I could see his enthusiasm being contagious, and Bob gleefully feeding it by sending him songs to check out and taking him on little field trips around Detroit to famous Motown related locations.

Me too. Motown would have been too cliché. And it was fun watching Tunde bust a move to vintage Hip Hop.

On 3/29/2022 at 6:28 AM, shapeshifter said:

20 hours ago, possibilities said:

For sure, but Dele remaining un-splotched in his perfect clothing was funny to me. I've known people like that. Give them the messiest tasks and they somehow never look anything but perfectly put together.

But did they do any actual painting? I thiught they were still prepping when Tunde began his music history lesson and that they never got around to painting.

2 minutes ago, SmithW6079 said:

But did they do any actual painting? I thiught they were still prepping when Tunde began his music history lesson and that they never got around to painting.

There was some actually painting at the end. Maybe Dele has paint on his clothes now. 🙃
Or maybe he does some cool dance moves to dodge the splatters. 🙂

• Love 1