Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E16: Guilt

DanaK
  • Start Topic

Frank, Baker, Garrett and Gormley experience feelings of guilt when Detective Angela Reddick (Ilfenish Hadera), an officer they briefly worked with at 1PP, is shot after Frank reassigned her for not meshing with their team. Also, Eddie, Danny and Baez investigate a man's murder after Eddie and her partner respond to an altercation between the victim and a neighbor, and Anthony finds himself at a crossroads when he's offered a promotion that strains his relationship with Erin, on the 250th episode of the CBS Original series BLUE BLOODS, Friday, March 11 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and available to stream live and on demand on Paramount+

It’s the series’ 250th episode

There were WAY too many Regan adjacent plots/scenes.  Erin's plot was really Anthony's plot, as evidenced by him having more scenes than she did.   Baker got an entire block of dialogue, something that only happens once or twice a season.  Eddie gets an entire plot with Danny while Jaime is relegated to a mental wellness check scene.   No Joe Hill?  No Nikki or Jack?  Or Erin's ex Jack?  No plot that crossover from patrol to detective to DA to 1PP?   C'mon guys, put in a little effort. 

• Love 6

I'm one of the few people here who doesn't hate Erin, but Anthony telling her off--SEVERAL times--was glorious.

Why on earth weren't Danny and Baez already looking at the victim's husband? That's the first place a cop would look.

• Love 9

I'm kind of stunned that Reddick's doctor told Frank about her real condition. Seems unethical, if not illegal. 

Too bad it took Reddick getting shocked for the Three Stooges to feel guilty for how they treated her. She wasn't mistreated, she was just made aware that they didn't want her to join their club.

I, too, am not an Erin hater. I felt for Anthony, though. His promotion became about her. That Crawford... 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, mojito said:

I'm kind of stunned that Reddick's doctor told Frank about her real condition. Seems unethical, if not illegal. 

Too bad it took Reddick getting shocked for the Three Stooges to feel guilty for how they treated her. She wasn't mistreated, she was just made aware that they didn't want her to join their club.

I, too, am not an Erin hater. I felt for Anthony, though. His promotion became about her. That Crawford... 

It is both unethical and illegal to disclose another person's medical information without consent, I believe. It is also ridiculous that the patient would be allowed to just hang in the hospital until they felt like leaving. I WISH they would utilize Baker far more than they do, and I liked her examination of why having Reddick there bothered her. Having said that, anyone new coming into a well oiled system can't just start to do things, or want to do things differently, which is not the same thing as the dinosaur not wanting Anthony to change his system of leadership, since Anthony would be the new leader, and Reddick was not. The only thing worse than Eddie working with Jamie, which doesn't work, though I like both of them, is Eddie working with Danny, so now he gets to diminish her, like he does everyone he works with. In the dinner scene, Danny said he was four years older than Erin, but I feel sure that in an earlier season, when they were fighting, someone said that they were just a year apart. Anyone know?

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Dr.OO7 said:

I'm one of the few people here who doesn't hate Erin, but Anthony telling her off--SEVERAL times--was glorious.

Why on earth weren't Danny and Baez already looking at the victim's husband? That's the first place a cop would look.

Seriously. I saw that coming from a mile away. Yet Danny and Eddie were surprised?

And we are to believe Eddie doesn’t know their St Patrick’s Day tradition with the clover in whiskey? How long has she been in this family?

Awful writing.

Edited by CSunshine76
  • Love 4

The whole thing of making a big deal about the officer being traumatized after being shot was ridiculous. Of course, she was afraid. Normally, they encourage wounded officers to take their time in recovery.    Frank should have listened to Jamie’s advice.  It seemed like he was shaming the officer. He keeps mistreating this officer and she maintains respect fir him.  Ridiculous.   I don’t blame her for not wanting to work in Frank’s office with that bullying gang.  They have a poor memory if they thought the worst thing they did was to run her off previously.  The first treatment of her in the office was bad and the repair attempt a failure, imo.

I’m indifferent about Erin.  I have to say that if a close friend announced a promotion, my first reaction would be to congratulate them, regardless, of my personal suspicions.  So, Anthony has to praise her in the end for always being right.  Lol

Neighbor feuds are serious.  They can be deadly.  Ever watch Fear Thou Neighbor?  I did wonder why Eddie and her partner yelled so much when they arrived at the neighbor dispute.  Haven’t they attended classes on dispute resolution?  Yelling only escalates the intensity.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5

Why can’t we have Reagan’s family reunion in the 250th episode?

I like Anthony but his storyline with the selfish Erin is laughable.

Good decision Reddick! If I were you, I won’t take the offer too. Working with the 3 amigos will be a nightmare.

A bit confused with Danny/Eddie’s case, why Jonathan stabbed Mitchell? Just Because of an affair? 😳

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
Some people misunderstood that one word.
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Just because of an affair

Just because? 

A Deadly Affair is a VERY common trope, both in fiction and real life. I've lost count of the number true crime shows where someone ended up dead because of infidelity, with the cheating spouse/betrayed spouse/lover all playing the part of victim or killer.

7 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Why can’t we have Reagan’s family reunion in the 250th episode?

I like Anthony but his storyline with the selfish Erin is laughable.

Good decision Reddick! If I were you, I won’t take the offer too. Working with the 3 amigos will be a nightmare.

A bit confused with Danny/Eddie’s case, why Jonathan stabbed Mitchell? Just Because of an affair? 😳

I think the guy had two motivations. One to express his anger over the affair, and second, to frame the neighbor guy for it, since there was obviously bad feelings between them. I don't understand why you think working with Abigail, Sid and Garrett, in a cooperative way, would be a nightmare. The nightmare would be for them to have to work with someone who only wanted to do things their own way.

5 hours ago, susannah said:

I think the guy had two motivations. One to express his anger over the affair, and second, to frame the neighbor guy for it, since there was obviously bad feelings between them.

My bad. I was confused because I thought Jonathan was the one who’s having an affair. I rewatched. It was Mitchell. 🤦🏻‍♀️

5 hours ago, susannah said:

I don't understand why you think working with Abigail, Sid and Garrett, in a cooperative way, would be a nightmare. The nightmare would be for them to have to work with someone who only wanted to do things their own way.

It’s a matter of personal preference. Behavioral wise, I can find ways to work with someone like Abigail but will struggle to work with managers like Sid and Garret due to differences in management and communication styles. Their occasional moody attitudes and sharp tongues are not something that I look forward to deal with at workplace, especially Sid.

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Love 1

Good to know that when I’m in the hospital, my boss can just ask my doctor to blurt out all my confidential medical information and he will 🙄 

Eddie: He’s the one that stabbed Mitchell? I literally can’t believe this! 😮 

Danny: Nobody saw it coming 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Irate Panda : I did 😒

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 3/11/2022 at 11:17 PM, Maverick said:

Jaime is relegated to a mental wellness check scene. 

3 hours ago, Magnumfangirl said:

gave Jamie one scene that was nothing but psychobabble?  🙄

Am I the only one who loved the scene with Jamie and Frank? It was Frank training Jamie to take over someday. As much as Jamie says he doesn't want the job, even Frank admits that Jamie would be great at it. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

Am I the only one who loved the scene with Jamie and Frank? It was Frank training Jamie to take over someday. As much as Jamie says he doesn't want the job, even Frank admits that Jamie would be great at it. 

foreshadowing - your sign of quality entertainment.

• Love 2

I was sorry to see that Andre deShields (the murdered lover) had only the one scene. But he made the most of it! (Theater people LOVE seeing other theater people on TV...that's why we watch the shows shot in NY). 

And yes, that plot was paint by numbers. Also, as anyone who saw the movie "Gosford Park" (Julian Fellows creating the template for Downton Abbey), people who have already died DON'T BLEED, because their hearts have stopped pumping blood! That would have been noticed by cops who examined the body.

I hate that Anthony's promotion was because of the unseen Crawford, rather than an actual reward for service. (And of course that Erin's mind went right there). And that Anthony had to admit it. I knew he had figured something out when he messed up the meeting with the old boss.

Quietly, Anthony might be the smartest person on the show. (Jamie has retained some of his Harvard Law smarts). I definitely think they are foreshadowing Jamie as having PC potential. What would be next for Sgt. Jamie? His own precinct? They are also foreshadowing Eddie as a detective, and Danny isn't being a dick about letting her shadow him, and giving her (wrong) pointers.

• Love 3
On 3/13/2022 at 12:19 PM, Sarah 103 said:

I loved it too. When Jamie smiled, at least I think he did, he seemed to feel the imaginary mantle of power being transferred to him. I so agree that he would be great at it. Intelligent, compassionate, fair, no chip on his shoulder,able to follow rules, able to work with authority figures and all kinds of people. Danny on the other hand is none of those things

• Love 7
2 hours ago, susannah said:

I loved it too. When Jamie smiled, at least I think he did, he seemed to feel the imaginary mantle of power being transferred to him. I so agree that he would be great at it. Intelligent, compassionate, fair, no chip on his shoulder,able to follow rules, able to work with authority figures and all kinds of people. Danny on the other hand is none of those things

To his credit, Danny knows that. He does show rare moments of self-awareness. I can't remember the episode, but Danny pretty much admitted that there is no way he could ever do Frank's job, but there is a strong possibility that Jamie may be able to. 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Sarah 103 said:

To his credit, Danny knows that. He does show rare moments of self-awareness. I can't remember the episode, but Danny pretty much admitted that there is no way he could ever do Frank's job, but there is a strong possibility that Jamie may be able to. 

I agree, that every once in a while he does show a spark of self awareness. I don't know which episode it was either, but didn't Danny say at some point, that he knew not only that he could not do the job, but also that he would never be asked to?

• Love 2
On 3/14/2022 at 3:38 PM, susannah said:

I loved it too. When Jamie smiled, at least I think he did, he seemed to feel the imaginary mantle of power being transferred to him. I so agree that he would be great at it. Intelligent, compassionate, fair, no chip on his shoulder, able to follow rules, able to work with authority figures and all kinds of people. 

Me too. *raises hand*

I've said it before but I really hope that the final scene of the entire series is us seeing a MUCH older Jamie sitting behind the big desk at 1PP as a young police officer comes in, salutes, and says "Hi Grandpa." :)   

Edited by wlk68
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, wlk68 said:

Me too. *raises hand*

I've said it before but I really hope that the final scene of the entire series is us seeing a MUCH older Jamie sitting behind the big desk at 1PP as as young police officer comes in, salutes, and says "Hi Grandpa." :)   

That would be awesome! Also that the young officer would be female would be good.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, kwnyc said:

I was sorry to see that Andre deShields (the murdered lover) had only the one scene. But he made the most of it! (Theater people LOVE seeing other theater people on TV...that's why we watch the shows shot in NY). 

This. I think I spent most of the episode fuming that they killed off Andre DeShields off so quickly. I saw him in Hadestown, which he was fantastic. 

• Love 2

Anthony is a fave, so I’m sorry to see his promotion turned out like that. 

The Danny/Eddie case was boring since the outcome was obvious from the beginning.

I’m glad Reddick opted not to return to 1PP.

• Love 1