Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Gone

yeswedo

Loved Donna calling out Harvey and Jessica for their hypocrisy regarding Louis.  It's perfectly fine for them and Mike to put the firm in danger, with Mike not having a degree, but Louis putting the firm in danger is horrible.  Loved that Donna pointed out that she did something illegal, and was brought back, although she forgot to mention that she was brought back even before the memo was found out to be a fake.

Please let Louis come back, because if Louis is gone, I don't know how much longer this show lasts.  Hell, if Louis is gone, I don't know how much longer it will be before I resign from the show.

• Love 5

Loved Donna calling out Harvey and Jessica for their hypocrisy regarding Louis.  It's perfectly fine for them and Mike to put the firm in danger, with Mike not having a degree, but Louis putting the firm in danger is horrible.  Loved that Donna pointed out that she did something illegal, and was brought back, although she forgot to mention that she was brought back even before the memo was found out to be a fake.

Please let Louis come back, because if Louis is gone, I don't know how much longer this show lasts.  Hell, if Louis is gone, I don't know how much longer it will be before I resign from the show.

To be fair, the problem for Donna wasn't the document being fake or real. The problem was her hiding it. SHE didn't know it was fake, she thought it was real and she was willing to keep evidence out that should have been admitted. The fact that the document was fake, meant it was never considered, but hiding what was believed to be a real piece of evidence was the crime.

Jessica's outfits looked good this episode. Still not liking her boyfriend, and I don't believe that Louis would have went to him so easily.    I guess they want to see how many ugly white dresses they can put Donna in.

Actually I'm tired of Donna being a plot point to stir everyone's conscience.  Are these people not capable of figuring out anything without her, even their own feelings? Also, didn't Jessica bring Donna back only because it was one of Harvey's conditions?  I think it is credible that someone in Jessica's position would fire Donna and Louis for what they did in a law firm.  In business, you don't always make decisions based upon emotions or who you like because she has a responsibility to the other employees that work at this "large" firm.  If they do something that could end the firm or cost it substantial money, she is supposed to act.  As good as Louis is, in real life she is correct. He makes too many decisions and acts too much on emotions, jealousy, fear, anger, etc.  Even with blabbing to Jeff Malone...just another example of how he doesn't think things through before he speaks.

I also don't think Donna needs to call Jessica out for not liking Louis like Harvey.  Where is it written that you have to have the same type of relationship with all employees?  I'm sure she would not expect Harvey to treat other employees the way he treats her.  My father always told me, do your job and do it well, but remember they have no real loyalty to you in business.  If you drop dead tomorrow, they will have to roll someone else's chair in your place and keep going.  The fact is, Jessica and Harvey have a different relationship, and if you really had an employee like Louis it would get tiring to interact with him when you were always being reassuring, encouraging, etc. to keep him calm.  Someone in Louis' position would have more confidence.   I am interested more in Louis' backstory.  Doesn't he have parents?  Why is he so needy of Jessica and Harvey's "mother/father" approval?   Of course she doesn't treat him like Harvey, because Harvey doesn't whine like Louis. Even when he is given praise he is still whining.

As valuable as Louis is, it is ridiculous to think that he is the only one that can do a job..whether it is training associates or something else.  Any good organization has more than one person that has a skill set or knowledge.   So, if he had died from the heart attack the firm was going to shut down?

That being said, I love Louis and would rather not see a show without him because Mike and Harvey are so hard to watch in the last two season.  Maybe Mike will leave and go work with Louis?  Maybe Mike will tell Louis his secret so they have to bring him back?

Also, I get that things can't go back to normal immediately for Mike and Rachel, but do we need to see that on screen? Can't they just refer to it as "we are still having problems," or something?   If he came back last episode, why would we immediately have to see another scene with him interrogating her?  Either he believes her or he doesn't, and if they were going to play it that way they should have left him at the hotel.  This is tiring, boring and annoying.  Rachel should have told him that she wasn't going to keep apologizing, anymore than he keeps apologizing for being a fraud, so deal with it or don't.  At  the minimum he would have woken up the next day with me being gone.  Not necessarily a breakup, but I'm not going to live with you so you can berate me every time it crosses your mind.

I thought Jeff Malone was supposed to be working with that lawyer that Mike got in trouble last year, the one that had gambling problems?

• Love 1

Louis doesn't need this shit. Coincidentally the season premiere of Franklin and Bash was on. Louis should totally fly to LA and go work with them--they get along, know how to have fun, and lest we forget the purpose of these shows, win cases. (Two, just in one episode.)

Really, the Suits writers need to watch that show. Early scene in Suits last night, Harvey and Cahill, Cahill says you want me to take my eye off the ball, and Harvey says something like yes a ball, a wrecking ball! How does Macht keep a straight face.

I'm sick of everybody being such a miserable bastard. It's one betrayal excuse me goddam betrayal after another, followed by some machination that provides temporary leverage that repairs the betrayal, until that is countered by another betrayal...

They are so ridiculously exposed by Mike that any pretense of outrage about the behavior of any lawyer in the firm is absurd.

Meanwhile who is taking care of their clients during all this?

Add a couple of more scenes of Mike and Rachel emoting. Sensitive Mike is still hurting that his gorgeous wonderful girlfriend who lurves him forever and has apologized umpteen times isn't perfect. Get goddam over it already. I don't care about the minutiae of their spat. Bean and cheese burritos, who gives a crap! And doesn't anybody goddam cook? And where is Mike's bicycle? But I digress.

If Louis can't join Franklin and Bash he should take Amanda Schull and start his own firm. Spin that off into a separate show, I'd watch it. Franklin and Bash doesn't have its own forum. Making one seems to be a thing. It's a better show than this.

• Love 1

I forgot about Franklin and Bash.  I heard Pindar and Carmen were gone, and after the Heather Locklear debacle, I was unsure. Maybe I can catch it on a rerun.  Everyone keeps talking about how loyal and valuable to the firm Louis is, which is exactly all the reasons he would never have made that deal in the first place..and I'd forgotten about him not waiting to hear from Harvey before he did something this season after Jessica told him to. 

Rick Hoffman is so good at making you feel sympathetic to his character, that until Jessica started listing things I'd forgotten most of them, and then when I thought back to other seasons it did seem like a lot.

I agree with you though....when you think about Mike's situation (and the fact that Harvey created it) it is ludicrous that they could get upset about anything that Louis does.  I didn't even watch the whole episode, I 'll have to go back and see what happened with Cahill.  Also, could all those words be on the little typed piece of paper that they had in their hands?  Seemed like a lot.

If Jessica is tired of Louis, is she not yet tired of Jeff's whining? She told him the deal when he took the job, and obviously he did not know her well before he got into a relationship with her.   Harvey's Mike love during the deposition was nauseating....and who would talk like that during a deposition?  

Maybe since the big move it is too far for Mike to ride the bike to work, so it is in storage?  They are way too busy being awesome to cook!   I think the only person they have shown cooking is Jessica!

• Love 1
Cahill says you want me to take my eye off the ball, and Harvey says something like yes a ball, a wrecking ball! How does Macht keep a straight face.

It occurred to me what fun Breckin Meyer would have with a line like that. In fact if you had Franklin and Bash do that scene everybody would have been on the floor. "Yea, a wrecking ball! Get it?" F&B's shtick is pretty much an ongoing goof on the whole dick-swinging-type dialog that is the basis of Suits.

Edited by fauntleroy

"oooh you kissed another guy!!!" God SHUT.UP. MIKE!

If Lewis is really gone so am I. This show is so pretty but sliding so far down hill so fast. The only thing keeping me hanging on are Lewis, my huge crush on Donna and the music supervisor does and amazing job of matching songs to scenes.

I thought Franklin & Bash was canceled!!??! OMG!

Also, while I agree that Louis being fired was a reasonable outcome, there's a lot to be said for loyalty. And the devil you know is typically better than the devil you don't - especially when all that devil has is good intentions. Just sayin'.

• Love 1
I thought Franklin & Bash was canceled!!??! OMG!

It should have been. That show is an embarrassment, especially since its now 100% whiter.  But then again, this show is rather embarrassing in its own right.

Edited by Iamsweetdee

I will say that I didn't expect the resolution they had, and that is a good thing. This also gives me hope that they'll spend the next episode trying to bring Louis back. That way they can start a fresh arc next year. I do NOT want the Louis question be a cliffhanger. 

Also, Jessica's boyfriend is really whiny. And I don't get why he keeps asking to be let into things - and he does it just because he's her boyfriend. He's their junior most senior partner, and partner overall, I think. He doesn't need to be in the know, especially since he couldn't fulfil the basic reason he was hired for - to get Sean Cahill off their backs. Gah. Going by on the pretty, that one. 

• Love 1

I hope they resolve the Louis situation (in his favor) before the end of the season. He, Donna and Katrina are the only characters I really care about anymore. I'm following recaps and discussions but holding watching the actual episodes until I get a Louis resolution because, damn! I don't need to see Louis crushed while Harvey, Jessica and Mike continue to flaunt legal ethics and pay no real penalty. If Louis is happy and (more importantly) on the show, then I'm happy. If Louis is miserable and not part of Pearson/Spector, then I don't care about Pearson/Spector i.e. the focus of the show.

If memory serves, Louis does have nice Jewish parents who retired to Florida.  I seem to remember him calling them once to tell them something about his BFF Harvey.I think his mother needs to step it up though.  Louis has to be 40, single and a lawyer.  Heck, I'd marry that, but, oy vey, I'm a shiksa.  And that letter of resignation made me tear up.  I just wish he'd left earlier and gone up against Harvey and Jessica on the side of the SEC.

Does Rachel get last pick of the wardrobe?  Donna, Jessica and Katrina all had some great looks and Rachel was in a sad little cardigan.

I thought my brain was going to die during those painful scenes with Mike and Rachael. They could have cut those scenes and given more story on Louis. I sure hope Louis finds his way back home. His presence is sorely needed.

Edited by nitrofishblue
  • Love 1

I lost track of all the goddamns and shits. For God's sake, mix it up, writers. It is pathetic and nowhere near as edgy as they think it is. Re: the plot of this episode, oh who cares. It was boring. This season was bad and the writers should feel bad. A lot of capable, good-looking, talented actors on the show being utterly wasted on this boring poo.

Shit goddamn!

• Love 2

Rick Hoffman is so good at making you feel sympathetic to his character, that until Jessica started listing things I'd forgotten most of them, and then when I thought back to other seasons it did seem like a lot.

Right!? I had forgotten, too! Then Jessica goddamn listed every goddamn thing and I thought "goddammit! he needs to be fired!"

I lost track of all the goddamns and shits. 

I kept a tally and unless I dozed off at some point, 11 goddamns and 21 shits (including bullshits).

Yeah, I don't even know why I'm watching this anymore. I guess this makes for a good drinking game if you take a sip every time someone says goddamn or shit, but even then this show is just so bad. I may just call it quits, I've already been hate-watching for the past season or two.

• Love 1

I agree with you though....when you think about Mike's situation (and the fact that Harvey created it) it is ludicrous that they could get upset about anything that Louis does.

That's the thing.  She can point to Louis' mistakes as a reason to fire him, but when she's keeping Harvey and Mike on, that's a huge problem.  For all the mistakes Louis has made, you can't point to every single case he's worked on, with Mike you can point to every single case he's worked on.  With Mike, if it ever got it, Harvey would be disbarred, and the entire firm would come crashing down.  The 2 name partners knowing about it, and one of them hiring him in the first place, the firm would crash down, and every case would get reversed.

• Love 3

I love Gina Torres because, well, FIREFLY. But I hate Jessica, and I hate Mike. I don't mind Harvey so much because he's always been morally ambiguous and always been proud of it and he really doesn't change his mind every 3 seconds like Jessica and Mike do. Also, I agree I don't like Jessica's "boyfriend" but my reason is because I love D. B. Woodside (BUFFY! 24 original recipe!!) and she doesn't deserve him.

As Jediknight stated, and very eloquently, Mike is a goddam lawfirm killer waiting to happen. Every case he ever worked on would be thrown out, overturned and splashed all over the newspapers/ internet. Pearson Specter would be sued into oblivion by half of New York City.

I can't think of anything Louis has done that even compares to that. I was hoping when Mike was gone from the firm, then screwed up his opportunity as an investment banker, he'd be working at a Dairy Queen or something, like many ALMOST college graduates, but shit no, he's back, just in time to shake his (god)dam head over Louis' hijinks over the past few seasons.

Yes, we do all know that even these writers wouldn't be stupid enough to get rid of Louis since he's about the only remaining character any of us care about. But the whole thing with Mike being there and Louis gone just goddam shit pisses me off.

Edited by PepperMonkey

As the episode progressed my worry grew for Louis: I felt for him, I grew tense over his situation, and during the voice over for his letter, I got teary for him. 

As for Harvey, Jessica, Mike and Rachel, I was surprised to realize I didn't give a shit*.

I still like Donna.

Loved Jessica's clothes this episode.

I think they made a huge mistake this season, moving Mike out of the firm, and that they've never fully recovered. It was too soon: if Mike's exit from PS ever had to happen then that storyline should have been used as a final season arc. Now they're having to perform writing gymnastics because of that choice, especially with all the moves bringing him back into the fold.

*Suits speak. ;-)

Edited by amaranta

No, I don't think the mistake was letting him go, it was bringing him back  If they were not going to resolve the issue of his being a "real lawyer" in the first couple of seasons, it just became more and more difficult having him work as a fake lawyer, but also wanting to write Mike as a good guy with integrity.

Had they left him in a profession outside of law, but still interacts with lawyers the problem would have been solved. Until this Louis was annoying and made mistakes, but he had never done anything deliberately that would place the firm at risk to legal action. The reason it is not the same is because if she punishes Harvey or mike she loses everything, especially respect from her peers.

• Love 1

What's with all the panic over Louis?  In the past seasons, Mike, Donna and Rachel have all been fired/ left, Harvey plotted to overthrow Jessica for like half a season, hell even Harvey was in danger of being fired for smoking weed. They went to that well so many times, it no longer affects me when they do it.  Louis should be back by the midseason finale. It just comes down to how they do it ( hopefully it doesn't have to do with Louis getting leverage due to Mike revealing his secret to him).

That being said, Louis deserved exactly what he got.  As much as I like Louis's character, that guy kept piling  on top of his troubles in that last episode. There's trying to help fix your mistakes and there's just being a nuisance, I mean yea, he accidentally found the thing that helped them but at points on the show he was coming across as a law school amateur with some of the things he was. 

I understand the argument about Mike, but to steal a phrase from Jessica, Mike fixes S____, Louis usually doesn't.  For as much danger as Mike puts the firm in, the closest anybody ( who wasn't a hacker) has come to figuring out Mike's secret was when Louis illegally looked through Sheila's files. I will concede that Trevor's still out there, but how much of a threat is he anymore?

Rachel is a paralegal who despite not going to Harvard managed to negotiate her way into a lawyer job with the firm, she got the firm to pay for her college degree and she's even managed to become Harvey's associate despite not being an actual lawyer, yet.. She's a pretty interesting character. Why is this show minimizing her role to the point that the only time we're seeing her is to rehash her relationship problems? Please find a better way to incorporate her.

Donna as the sassy angel on Harvey's shoulder who serves as the heart of the firm is an image I can do without. So it was quite refreshing to see that she was unable to solve Louis's problems.

• Love 1

With Mike, if it ever got it, Harvey would be disbarred, and the entire firm would come crashing down.  The 2 name partners knowing about it, and one of them hiring him in the first place, the firm would crash down, and every case would get reversed.

In all seriousness, I would have SO much respect for Suits if this were ever to happen. It would take huge balls to pull off an ending like that for a non-premium cable show. But Suits at its core is humorous and despite their (huge) flaws - personal and ethical - we're meant to root for our main half a dozen characters. So Mike's secret may not ever be publicly known, but man, it'd be great TV if it were.

Didn't they used to make the point that Louis was the champ at billable hours or something? He was their main financial guy and was responsible for more client money than anyone else. No? He was a whiz. I think making him out to be just an emotional bumbler is what do you call it, a retcon.

• Love 1

What's with all the panic over Louis?  In the past seasons, Mike, Donna and Rachel have all been fired/ left, Harvey plotted to overthrow Jessica for like half a season, hell even Harvey was in danger of being fired for smoking weed. They went to that well so many times, it no longer affects me when they do it.  Louis should be back by the midseason finale. It just comes down to how they do it ( hopefully it doesn't have to do with Louis getting leverage due to Mike revealing his secret to him).

For me the difference is I actually CARE about Louis. Mike doesn't deserve to be there at all and everyone except Louis knows it and is keeping the secret. I don't care much for Rachel. I used to like Harvey and his moral ambiguity, but it has grown way too old for me. I like Donna, but I knew that Harvey and Mike and yes, even Louis had her back. For me, the big thing is that I don't feel like the characters with real power in the firm do have Louis' back. Jessica and Harvey have treated him with disrespect from day one. Jessica has proven she has no problem firing him and however bad Harvey may (or may not) feel, I don't think he cares much at all about Louis.

The thing is Jessica is a piss poor manager, especially when it comes to Louis. Yes, Louis did things because he is overly emotional and wants respect and friendship, but Jessica continues to obviously favor Harvey and obviously devalue Louis. So Louis gets more and more insecure and makes huge mistakes. Now Louis' behavior IS on him, but as managing partner, she needs to handle her staff so that they work effectively, not stoke the fires of their resentment and insecurity. Jessica just lost a full partner who has lots of billable hours and who trained and mentored the associates. Whose going to do that now? Because Harvey not only doesn't want to, he would not be good at it.  What happens to Louis' clients? We have been told Louis has a non-compete clause in his contract, but will his clients stay on with a firm that doesn't employ their choice of lawyer?  Somewhere upthread someone said you don't have to like your employees equally. That is true, but if you want a good working environment, you don't show that you like certain employees more than others, at least not at work.

• Love 1

I understand the argument about Mike, but to steal a phrase from Jessica, Mike fixes S____, Louis usually doesn't.  For as much danger as Mike puts the firm in, the closest anybody ( who wasn't a hacker) has come to figuring out Mike's secret was when Louis illegally looked through Sheila's files. I will concede that Trevor's still out there, but how much of a threat is he anymore?

There was that girl that Louis wanted as an associate, who would have been a great addition to the firm, but she would have know that Mike didn't go to Harvard, so Jessica had to stop Louis from hiring her.

Yes, Mike fixes stuff, but so does Louis.  Louis is the one that found out Hardman was setting someone up to the take the fall from looking at the files, his billables are above everyone else, he's the financial wizard that can track money through international banks, he stopped Allison Holt from getting a client because they were going to gut the company, by all accounts the associates he's turning out are top notch, he owned the US Attorney General last season, and when the former partner was trying to look at the books, Louis came up with the plan to stop him, and while the guy wasn't afraid of Jessica, he knew he was screwed when Louis showed up.  He also fixed this mess.  They both fix things, the big difference is Mike has a HUGE problem he can't fix.

• Love 2

For me the difference is I actually CARE about Louis. Mike doesn't deserve to be there at all and everyone except Louis knows it and is keeping the secret. I don't care much for Rachel. I used to like Harvey and his moral ambiguity, but it has grown way too old for me. I like Donna, but I knew that Harvey and Mike and yes, even Louis had her back. For me, the big thing is that I don't feel like the characters with real power in the firm do have Louis' back. Jessica and Harvey have treated him with disrespect from day one. Jessica has proven she has no problem firing him and however bad Harvey may (or may not) feel, I don't think he cares much at all about Louis.

My point was more along the lines that fired people don't stay fired.  

Louis isn't a victim in his relationship with Harvey, he gave as good as he got. As for having his back, Harvey let Louis come with him to take down the dirty prosecutor and Harvey fought harder for Louis's job then he did for anybody else in that firm not named Mike. Hell, he even let his beloved Donna go with nary a word.

He also fixed this mess.  They both fix things, the big difference is Mike has a HUGE problem he can't fix.

I agree with everything you said about Louis. However, there are quite a few differences. Louis tends to act emotionally on a lot of cases often to the detriment of the firm. Louis constantly needs to be coddled which tends to get old after a while.

I'd get the argument that they're being hypocrites for firing Louis while keeping Mike  if they were firing him for being a danger to the firm. But, they fired Louis for messing up big time and not telling nobody. Then to make it worse, he kept compiling upon the initial mistake by injecting himself into the case and causing bigger headaches for Jess and co.  Yea, he did find out the thing that helped the firm take down that dirty prosecutor but even that was due to Louis causing a potentially bigger headache for the firm.

I agree with others in the room here...Louis is what is making this show watchable. Do I think the writers are going to put Louis on a bus (see tvtropes.org, if you don't know the reference)? No, but then I thought the resolution between Cahill and Harvey (crooked SEC guy Woodall) was a little weak. I think they will figure a way to bring Louis home. Rick Hoffman did an EXCELLENT job with that letter.

They have also humanized Donna, made her less of a B****-Goddess this season, and I think Katrina is good, as well, although she has seemed to be more of a prop the last coupla episodes.

I really liked Gina Torres when she was on Alias, but am finding her character pretty flattened on Suits. I liked Gabriel Macht the first couple of seasons, but think it is time for Harvey to go to another firm and thoroughly go all Michael Corleone, figuratively speaking, against Jessica's firm. That would be fascinating.

It's a huge retcon that Eric "I'm a straight arrow who hates crooked lawyers so I'm going after Harvey" Woodall has in fact been a crooked lawyer who apparently took big-time money from a crooked businessman to protect the crooked businessman's business. It's also Deus ex Machina of the highest order for our heroes to have been able to figure this out and prove it, along with Sean Cahill deciding that he a) is willing to prosecute his buddy and b) is unwilling to prosecute Louis (the two are not mutually exclusive.)

I suppose in a world where "malicious prosecution" exists, showing that Eric Woodall was tainted by Forstman would make such a prosecution malicious and thus not worth pursuing. But the show should have established that. They could have easily done so by cutting some of the various fat from the episode.

It's sad that these supposedly brilliant lawyers and lawyers-to-be can't seem to handle basic questioning. Rachel going to pieces over the mock dep. Woodall going to pieces in his deposition, admitting that he did have a vendetta against what's-his-face.

Another bit about real-world law vs. the show: in most cases, you are specifically prohibited from using a single prior incident as evidence that it shows a person has a propensity to behave in a certain way, so the jury should think that the person behaved in the same way in this incident. 

On Louis's value: Because he's so often played as a punchline and because the show isn't about him, it's easy to forget his high billables, his financial expertise, etc. etc. 

With regard to the danger Louis allegedly poses to the firm: at this point, the firm has had one former name partner conduct embezzlement from its client in Hardman, another name partner and his second-in-command go down for conspiracy to commit murder, and current named partner in Harvey be guilty enough of wrongdoing that they agreed to a multimillion dollar settlement.

It would be nice to have some perspective, then, and realize that Louis going down isn't very likely to kill the firm.

Was it me, or did the Louis voiceover not sound like Louis? (I mean the sound of the voice, not the content).

• Love 2

I suppose in a world where "malicious prosecution" exists, showing that Eric Woodall was tainted by Forstman would make such a prosecution malicious and thus not worth pursuing. But the show should have established that. They could have easily done so by cutting some of the various fat from the episode.

It's sad that these supposedly brilliant lawyers and lawyers-to-be can't seem to handle basic questioning. Rachel going to pieces over the mock dep. Woodall going to pieces in his deposition, admitting that he did have a vendetta against what's-his-face.

Another bit about real-world law vs. the show: in most cases, you are specifically prohibited from using a single prior incident as evidence that it shows a person has a propensity to behave in a certain way, so the jury should think that the person behaved in the same way in this incident. 

Was it me, or did the Louis voiceover not sound like Louis? (I mean the sound of the voice, not the content).

First off, malicious prosecution does exist - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malicious_prosecution

Secondly, yeah, I thought something was off with the sound of the voice - seemed like they touched it up quite a bit after they had him record it. It removed the... edges from his voice.

What I meant is that malicious prosecution is not something you can sue a prosecutor for in the real world, as opposed to the show's "malicious prosecution." Prosecutors have absolute immunity. It's a point I've brought up in a couple of posts for other episodes. I apologize for not going into detail here.

As the Wikipedia summary you've linked to says, "Criminal prosecuting attorneys and judges are protected from tort liability for malicious prosecution by doctrines of prosecutorial immunity and judicial immunity."

Eric Woodall and Sean Cahill are prosecutors and thus would have nothing to fear from such a lawsuit. undermining the constant refrain of "We're suing for malicious prosecution."

Another point that is confirmed by the summary: you can't sue for malicious prosecution in the real world until the prosecution is over and the defendant has emerged as the victor. So even if Our Heroes could threaten Eric and Sean with a malicious prosecution lawsuit, it would have to wait until they were acquitted.

Edited by Chicago Redshirt
  • Love 1

I find Louis to be far more sympathetic than either Harvey or Mike.

They seldom win their cases based on the merits of their actual case but because they did something underhanded to intimidate a lawyer or client.

Have we ever had an actual verdict on any of their cases ? Do we even know what sort of lawyer Harvey is supposed to be ? Civil ? Criminal ?

When Jessica is complaining about someone doing something unethical my eye brows lift in contempt. Doesn't Harvey commit a crime or an ethical violation every other episode and her response is usually don't tell me about it (Just like Edward Darby) or what trouble has Mike gotten us into now ?

Now that Lewis has fired himself for her. Please tell me that she will fire Mike as she has no reason to continue employing him because Lewis the only other person who actually tries cases is gone and won't be asking her any questions which was Harvey's excuse for letting him stay.

If Jessica really gave a shit about covering the firm's exposure she could get rid of Mike now. I really don't like how far all these characters have sunk. Lewis and Katrina seem to be the only ones with actual positive growth. 

Mike is still a self involved whiner, Harvey is a egocentric asshole, Donna is still a manipulate (but 90% awesome) secretary, Jessica is still a terrible boss/manager and Rachel doesn't make any Goddamn sense as Harvey's associate.