Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: You're the Joe for Me

• Start Topic

The Joes take the final six ladies on dates, in hopes of helping them make their big decision; with breakups and impromptu eliminations, emotions get the better of both the ladies and the Joes.

Original air date: March 3 2022

(edited)

The blurb on The Futon Critic says:

The Joes take the final six ladies on dates, in hopes of helping them make their big decision. In a dramatic turn of events, one Joe is breaking hearts, while the other is left having his heart broken. With breakups and impromptu eliminations, emotions get the better of both the ladies and the Joes in the all-new "You're the Joe for Me"

Since Kurt seems to be the only Joe who is emotionally involved, I wonder if Carolyn figures out he's not rich and bails on him. 

Nah....Kurt couldn't be so lucky.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 2

Kurt getting dumped because Carolyn figures out he isn’t rich makes sense.   As does Steven breaking hearts because they find out he is rich and he can only choose one.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Wait...did Amber have to leave without her luggage and her purse? That sux. And now he's putting Whitney in the car without her personal effects too! Yikes!

So far I don't see anybody really breaking Kurt's heart. 

Edited by NeenerNeener
1 hour ago, NeenerNeener said:

To be honest, the Kurt ending is so pointless - while I feel for Whitney (was it Whitney? I really stopped caring) turning him down for Steven only to have Kurt send a "red alert, you gotta dump the skank" call to Steven, I at least appreciated someone acknowledging that Kurt really wasn't into anyone but Carolyn. 

She totally comes off like a snake. I know some of that is editing but oh I feel this ends badly. And I really don't think Amanda would have any chance with him at all if she wasn't rich. 

Steven's reasons for dumping Amber were shitty. He dumped her because she wasn't fun enough when he wanted fun times. He'll end up picking Annie, I think.

From an excitement standpoint, this show has written checks its episodes can't cash. 

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

Wait...did Amber have to leave without her luggage and her purse? That sux. And now he's putting Whitney in the car without her personal effects too! Yikes!

After their dates, the women weren't going to stay at the mansion anymore. They were going to individual rooms in a hotel where they wouldn't be able to discuss their dates with the others. So maybe their luggage and personal effects had already been moved.

• Love 2
(edited)

Wow, Whitney was really bad at reading Steven. He pretty much said that he was ready to settle down, she said she wasn't. I have no idea why she thought she would still be in the running after her date with him.

I think Kurt will end up with Amanda.  He seemed to finally get annoyed that Carolyn would not acknowledge that he is the one who would have to fit into her life, that she is the one with the kid and ex. I wonder if he chose a very low key date for Carolyn to see if she was expecting some big romantic gesture? In any case he knows that Amanda does not care if he has money. I also don't think that he cares that Amanda does. They have had a connection from the first, and he would not know that she had money if her mother had not told him.

In the preview it makes it look like he is telling Amanda that he has stronger feelings for someone else, which makes me think it is editing and he really told that to Carolyn. Here's hoping. I don't really care which woman Steven ends up with. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I think Kurt will end up with Amanda.  He seemed to finally get annoyed that Carolyn would not acknowledge that he is the one who would have to fit into her life, that she is the one with the kid and ex.

Yeah, the idea that he's going to have to give up his business and move to be with her and try to establish a new business where she lives is going to be a huge stressor if/when he does pick Carolyn. 

Calah would be the best match for Steven, so I expect him to pick Annie.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I loved Amber and thought of anyone - she would fit in with Steven's lifestyle and family. She's not afraid to try something or take a risk. I don't think either of the guys know who Callah really is as she has just started to open up.

If Kurt picks Carolyn - he's the biggest fool out there.

• Love 7

I was sorry to see Amber go as I really liked her and felt she was genuine.  However, I do see Steven's point that it is good to have the deep conversations but it's also good to be able to have fun and light-hearted times as there needs to be a balance.  I think she would have adapted to life on the ranch/farm.  But, I also think that if he wasn't going to choose her at the end it's good to let her go now.  Oh, and I always love it when someone is "I don't want a hug from you after you have brokenmy heart..." so go Amber.

I think Whitney was in it for the millionaire as she stated that she wanted someone with whom to travel the world, etc.  That was never going to work because very few people can pick-up and go without working at some point.  Oh, and I think she totally picked Steven because she knew Kurt was a no-go due to Carolyn.  I don't think Whitney was ever that much into Steven before.

It seems like the reality of Carolyn may just be starting to dawn on Kurt.  Want to know why two women broke up with you?  Because of Carolyn (and in Whitney's case...money...).  Carolyn still refusing to really discuss her situation-major RED FLAG!!!!  There may be more there than she has even acknowledged at this point.  I think Kurt will pick Carolyn (because it's really only a part of Kurt that will do the actual picking...) and that she will bail when she finds out he doesn't have the millions.

I'm a bit surprised that Steven kept Calah as she never really seemed interested until now.  I think she figured out the family's net worth while at the farm as her family raises cattle and she knows the value of livestock and crops.  

I've enjoyed this show and would like to see it back for another season.  The only thing I didn't really like was that Amanda felt the need to do the Bachelor Handshake.  Wrong show Amanda, wrong show.  However, I would also watch a road trip with the guys as long as Martin could be the chauffer (spelling and I don't want to look it up...).

• Love 6

I believe Whitney wanted the millionaire.  She said she wasn't looking to settle down.  She wanted someone to travel the world with her.  I took it that she was hoping to pick the rich guy that could finance that lifestyle.  She suspected Steven was the rich one.  Too bad for her that Steven wanted to pick someone willing to get married and live on the farm with him.  The minute she told him her future hopes he lost interest.

Callah has been the female that both guys found mysterious and elusive. They both wanted to be the guy she picked just because they are competitive.  I really think she is the best match for Steven.  She has a similar background and could possibly move right in to his lifestyle.  Steven seemed very excited that she picked him.  He even dumped Amber to pay more attention to Callah.  

Steven has liked Annie since the beginning.  In some ways she has been his "Carolyn".  I just don't think Steven's lifestyle would be the right fit for Annie.  She is a city girl with allergies.  I am not sure she would be happy living down on the farm with Steven.  I do think she truly likes him though.  

Kurt may finally be opening his eyes to a future with Carolyn.  They had lust at first sight.  But the more time he spends with her the more he has doubts.  If he picked her I think the relationship would be short lived.  I don't think they have anything else in common but lust.  That never lasts.  Kurt would be smart to pick Amanda.  I think he is starting to realize this.  They always have fun together.  I don't think she cares if he is the rich one or not.  Carolyn is probably hoping Kurt has the money.  

We find out next week how it all plays out.  Will the guys pick the women they were immediately attracted to?  Will they make the smart choice?  Will the women really be surprised by who is the millionaire? 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

Will the women really be surprised by who is the millionaire? 

The problem with the "One is a millionaire and one... is not" is that Kurt is no Evan Marriot - the original Joe from 20 years ago who was legit blue collar, making maybe a lower middle class wage. Kurt isn't poor by most reasonable standards. I don't think he's got a lot of money to throw around, but I doubt he's eating ramen and picking up food donation boxes to eat. He has an idea of how to dress well, he knows what do in nice restaurants, he may not be buying 20,000 dollar designer bags for his girlfriends but I doubt he's desperately choosing between keeping the power on or keeping his car insurance each month. My point? No one strictly looking for a guy with money is going to be disappointed in Kurt's actual wealth. I wouldn't be if a guy with his lifestyle and job was interested. Considering Steven's aversion to the finer things (and nothing wrong with liking what you like, country music, beer and hunting has its charms) he might be a little disappointing to the ones strictly out for wealth... but Kurt's status as "poor" is hilarious to me. 

• Love 6

I read that while Steven's net worth is $10M, Kurt's is around $1M, which is not bad for a young man! I do like him with Amanda and they are always laughing and having fun. He doesn't laugh with Carolyn. I hope we just saw the editing and he chooses Amanda. Carolyn has way too many secrets and the fact that after all of his attempts, she shuts down any discussion is just ridiculous and he will never be happy with her - unless she decides that she wants him to be. There is only one part of him happy with Carolyn. I do hope he picks Amanda. That will be the only drama in this silly show. 

Steve seems like a good guy and I hope he picks the woman he will be happy with in his world. As has been mentioned, he adores Annie, but with her allergies, she would be miserable.

• Love 4

If Calah and Whitney STILL don’t have a preference, then I think that should tell the guys that neither is the girl for them. To me it seems like they haven’t figured out which one is the millionaire—or even moreso like being on TV more than the thought of being with either guy.

I hope those are battery-operated candles all over the very dry and old wooden barn walls! Someone alert the fire inspector!

Kurt made Amanda a flip-book! I haven’t thought of that cartoon technique since 4th grade—fun times.

I think that Annie and Amanda are Steven and Kurt’s best matches, respectively. I feel like these dates are going to be all downhill from here.

Ok. Whitney just made it perfectly clear that she wants an independently wealthy partner with whom she can just travel around the world. Who wouldn’t like to do that? But people have jobs and responsibilities. No wonder why she hasn’t “made up her mind yet”: “If Steven’s a millionaire, it might just work with my lifestyle.” Bitch, please.

Hmm. Calah telling Steven it’s always been him and she’s just keeping Kurt around because she wasn’t sure how he felt about her. I’m skeptical and think she’s going to tell Kurt the same thing. Are we supposed to believe that Calah is a big fan of this country singer? What state is she from?

Kurt is concerned that he would be “forced” to live near Carolyn’s ex because of her kid—but she refuses to talk about it…and Kurt easily gets distracted by the idea of skinny dipping with her. Good luck with your miserable life together once the honeymoon is over.

Okay, I stand corrected about Calah. She really is choosing Kurt.

OMG. This Amber montage of hours upon hours passing as she just keeps talking and talking is pretty funny. I guess she’s out! Oh, yikes! I didn’t think he’d kick her out NOW! Though Martin did tell us that an elimination could happen at any time. I was just about warmed up enough to get to the funny side of me! 

Whitney looks like she’s sitting here with her dad talking to Kurt. Ouch! BOTH girls on the fence are now team Steven. I think Calah actually likes Steven but Whitney liked that he agrees that traveling is fantastic—and she thinks Steve can find that lifestyle. Steve’s like, here’s a discount code for Expedia—bon voyage. Whit’s chugging champs in the limo, Kurt’s eating all of her leftovers, and Steve’s eating waffles—oh, and raw cookie dough for Kurt’s dessert.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, LakeGal said:

She is a city girl with allergies. 

3 hours ago, Retired at last said:

As has been mentioned, he adores Annie, but with her allergies, she would be miserable.

Ain't thar no medicines in that little Missouri farm town?

• LOL 4
14 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

In the preview it makes it look like he is telling Amanda that he has stronger feelings for someone else, which makes me think it is editing and he really told that to Carolyn. Here's hoping. I don't really care which woman Steven ends up with. 

The editing was so bad it sounded like Steven’s voice with Kurt standing there.

• Love 2
(edited)
16 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Hmm. Calah telling Steven it’s always been him and she’s just keeping Kurt around because she wasn’t sure how he felt about her. I’m skeptical and think she’s going to tell Kurt the same thing. Are we supposed to believe that Calah is a big fan of this country singer? What state is she from?

Calah is from Texas and her family is into cattle ranching. It's entirely possible that she, like Amanda, has more money than Steven. And that may be why she hasn't been all that talkative, if she's had guys chasing her for her money up to now. Entirely speculation on my part, but I'd laugh if both guys ended up with independently wealthy girls. That would be quite a twist on the show "formula".

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)

14 hours ago, Kip1 said:

So maybe their luggage and personal effects had already been moved.

There is a secret society of luggage handlers.  They take an oath to never reveal the magic that allows them to sneak overpriced, over-packed and often tasteless suitcases into waiting stealth limousines.  The society has contracts with these "Millionaire," shows, all Bachelor franchises, and some to be announced shortly.  Very shortly.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • LOL 2
4 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Pretty sad for Steven...perhaps it's the story of his life.

My comment that I didn't care which woman Steven ended up with was not a reflection on Steven, but that neither woman has giant red flags flying over her head like Carolyn does with Kurt. Both have their pluses and minuses, and likely each have the same chance of have a successful (or unsuccessful) relationship. 

46 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

There is a secret society of luggage handlers.  They take an oath to never reveal the magic that allows them to sneak overpriced, over-packed and often tasteless suitcases into waiting stealth limousines.  The society has contracts with these "Millionaire," shows, all Bachelor franchises, and some to be announced shortly.  Very shortly.

They’re either secret or too showy, like when they walk in unannounced to the Bachelor/ette contestants’ suite and make a big to-do over contemplating and taking a contestant’s suitcase as the nonverbal announcement of the contestant having been booted. 

• LOL 1
10 hours ago, JenE4 said:

They’re either secret or too showy, like when they walk in unannounced to the Bachelor/ette contestants’ suite and make a big to-do over contemplating and taking a contestant’s suitcase as the nonverbal announcement of the contestant having been booted.

Are WE too showy...or are the remaining bachelorettes, camerapeople, and producers too showy!  We have been trained to be as quiet and unobtrusive as we....OH, WAIT!  I'm not saying I belong to any sort of secret society....nor that there IS any such organization.  OY!image.png.c11b80e22e81a002092ef2af0500ca2f.png

On 3/4/2022 at 6:24 AM, tessa said:

I loved Amber and thought of anyone - she would fit in with Steven's lifestyle and family. She's not afraid to try something or take a risk. I don't think either of the guys know who Callah really is as she has just started to open up.

Callah is someone who is obsessed with the money, that's who she is.  I'm shocked, beyond shocked that she actually made a decision.

I still think Kurt is so gorgeous.  I was in love, to over it, to now in love again.  LOL.

• LOL 2
4 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I don’t see why the other girl going for Kurt doesn’t see the writing on the wall, that it’s only Caroline for him. 

Perhaps Production keeps stringing along some of them hinting they "know" Carolyn isn't a winner.

4 hours ago, Meowwww said:

The show is losing me quickly. 

You wrote this on Sunday.  Can you hold on until Friday when it's over?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

As boring as this show has been at times, I do think they've set it up for a pretty good ending.  It could really go either way with both the guys so it'll be fun to watch.  I like Steven and Annie together and I think she's always been the front runner with him, but I also don't see her living on the farm (for more reasons than just her pesky allergies).  I'm totally team Kurt and Amanda.  But who knows what part of his body will win out in that decision.

On 3/4/2022 at 8:37 AM, EllaWycliffe said:

Kurt isn't poor by most reasonable standards. I don't think he's got a lot of money to throw around, but I doubt he's eating ramen and picking up food donation boxes to eat. He has an idea of how to dress well, he knows what do in nice restaurants, he may not be buying 20,000 dollar designer bags for his girlfriends but I doubt he's desperately choosing between keeping the power on or keeping his car insurance each month. My point? No one strictly looking for a guy with money is going to be disappointed in Kurt's actual wealth. I wouldn't be if a guy with his lifestyle and job was interested. Considering Steven's aversion to the finer things (and nothing wrong with liking what you like, country music, beer and hunting has its charms) he might be a little disappointing to the ones strictly out for wealth... but Kurt's status as "poor" is hilarious to me. 

Great observation.  I think most, if not all, of the girls would totally date a "Kurt" in real life.  Steven, not so much.  He's the millionaire but Kurt's lifestyle better matches what these women would be looking for.  

On 3/3/2022 at 9:50 PM, EllaWycliffe said:

only to have Kurt send a "red alert, you gotta dump the skank" call to Steven

If they have a bro-show of their own, this HAS to be a part of it!  Red Alert - dump the skank, bro!

Kurt and Amanda's date was filmed to look like an expensive tourism commercial for some small town in Indiana.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kiki620 said:

Great observation.  I think most, if not all, of the girls would totally date a "Kurt" in real life.  Steven, not so much.  He's the millionaire but Kurt's lifestyle better matches what these women would be looking for.  

Kurt's looks and personality also win any contest with Steven.   YUM...YUM...and I'm old enough to be his grandmother--great-grandmother if I push things a little.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

If the ladies want a lifestyle where they get to travel around the world from time to time, Kurt is the one to go for. he's well-travelled from what he has shared, whereas Steven has never left the country. 

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, waving feather said:

If the ladies want a lifestyle where they get to travel around the world from time to time, Kurt is the one to go for. he's well-travelled from what he has shared, whereas Steven has never left the country. 

That’s not true. He went on a hunting safari in Africa.

3 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Kurt's looks and personality also win any contest with Steven.   YUM...YUM...and I'm old enough to be his grandmother--great-grandmother if I push things a little.

I dunno. Though Kurt is mighty cute and more polished and sexy in an obvious way over Steven, there is hope for Steven finding his true love. I loved his baby cow, raccoon, farm life, and did he have HORSES? That would be a bonus point in my book. I wasn’t watching closely, and don’t remember or didn’t see the horses part if he did. 
Yep, theres nature loving, outdoor girls out there Steven, though it didn’t seem like there are too many of those in this group. He loves his way of life and deserves to meet other women who love that kind of lifestyle too. Someone who loves animals as much as he seems to, must be a pretty good guy. There are plenty of animal lovers out there who would love the farm life. Most of these girls seemed like they were into a more fancy lifestyle. 

He’s not bad looking either, handsome in a strong face kind of way. He looks a lot like his father.

17 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

Yes, they have horses. Steven took Amber on a horseback riding date, right before he sent her home.

Lol, I guess I’m paying attention to this as much as I have been paying attention while watching the bachelor, or bachelorette lately. Which is only partially.

• LOL 1