Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E14: Allegiance

DanaK
  • Start Topic

Erin and Anthony team up with Erin's nephew, police officer Joe Hill (Will Hochman), to course-correct a trial when Joe becomes aware of witness tampering. Also, Baez forces Danny to help her find the killer of her favorite TV personality; a seemingly random shooting at police Lt. Raymond Moretti's (Tony Danza) home leads Frank to investigate who in the officer's family has criminal ties; and as Eddie works an SVU case, she questions her decision to become a police sergeant, on the CBS Original series BLUE BLOODS, Friday, Feb. 25 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and available to stream live and on demand on Paramount+

Edited by DanaK

Boy, whoever at CBS wrote the episode description sure got Joe’s rank wrong. It’s DETECTIVE Joe Hill. And I really like how the show is informing us, and the other Reagan’s on screen, just how much Joe is like his dad. The episodes he’s appeared in so far this season have managed to rotate the stories involving Joe with the different Reagans.

• Love 2

Do I have this correct? (I watched with some interruptions, which might have made it make even less sense)

Joe Hill hooked up with a lawyer at a bar. They go back to her place, and at some point she gets a phone call, where he hears her tell the other person to leave town. Somehow, he determines that she is witness tampering, tells Anthony, who brings it to Erin.

After the usual in-family bickering, somehow Joe gets a folder of more incriminating information on the lawyer.

Joe, Anthony and Erin determined that the big bad guy must have kidnapped the lawyer. They somehow find the location, get there just as the bad guy is bringing out the bloodied lawyer. He fires on them, Anthony shoots him dead. The lawyer looks at show and says “you're a cop?”

Joe and Erin  go bowling........................................TV writing at its best????

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, MDL said:

where he hears her tell the other person to leave town. Somehow, he determines that she is witness tampering

She made several statements, using key words that informed Joe, listening, on the big picture. It went something like:

What are you doing in town? You’re scheduled to testify tomorrow. You need to leave. Don’t show up at the trial. 
It was pretty clear what she was doing, no matter the motivation, which was never really revealed. For all we knew, Grandma (daughter, mother, any relative) was being held at knifepoint till the trial was over. Or, she was a cheater who needed to win, no matter the cost. 

Edited by Daff
clarification
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Magnumfangirl said:

What a weird and disjointed episode.  Tony Danza is too old to play an active duty cop, Joe's story didn't make any sense, the rapist was the first guy Eddie bumps into, and why were Danny and Baez at a TV show taping together??

Baez loved the TV host and dragged Danny there to watch, plus the host shares a meal with the audience after so to have lunch as well

• Love 2

The Joe-Erin story arc with the overheard conversation and rescuing the date/lawyer makes a lot of sense. Each progressive step was conveyed through the dialogue. And the date’s compromising phone call being overheard was because she was loud enough in another room in Joe’s apartment, and it wasn’t hard to read the context of what he overheard. And Joe used his own mobile to get an Uber for his date, so that’s how the trio had an address at the end. This was an episode where the dialogue was very crisp and to the point. 

Oh, btw, Tony Danza is now 70.

Edited by theschnauzers
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, theschnauzers said:

The Joe-Erin story arc with the overheard conversation and rescuing the date/lawyer makes a lot of sense. Each progressive step was conveyed through the dialogue. And the date’s compromising phone call being overheard was because she was loud enough in another room in Joe’s apartment, and it wasn’t heard to read the context of what he overheard. And Joe used his own mobile to get an Uber for his date, so that’s how the trio had an address at the end. This was an episode where the dialogue was very crisp and to the point. 

Oh, btw, Tony Danza is now 70.

And Tom Selleck is 76 going on 77 and I still think he looks younger/better than Tony Danza.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I think that Eddie picked him out right away because she was in the right club, and there was a composite sketch.  So not that unrealistic that she spotted him.  Plus, it wasn't shown how long she had been in the club.  Agreed Tony Danza was too old for the role, and with a wife looking, of course, 20 years younger than him

• Love 2

I am so sick of Erin’s holier-than-thou attitude. It should have been toned down a notch. Being bitchy/obnoxious and being by-the-book are distinctively 2 different things.

By making Eddie a detective, will this bring any benefit to BB? We already have several detectives in the show.

I didn’t recognise Tony Danza at all. I just thought that the actor looks like Mark Harmon’s brother. 😱

F9A8A1FD-7621-42DA-B52B-B9FDFA4D149B.jpeg

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
1 hour ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

I am so sick of Erin’s holier-than-thou attitude. It should have been toned down a notch. Being bitchy/obnoxious and being by-the-book are distinctively 2 different things.

By making Eddie a detective, will this bring any benefit to BB? We already have several detectives in the show.

I didn’t recognise Tony Danza at all. I just thought that the actor looks like Mark Harmon’s brother. 😱

F9A8A1FD-7621-42DA-B52B-B9FDFA4D149B.jpeg

Eddie as detective may finally be the means of taking her out of Jamie’s supervisory purview. 
Poor Tony Danza. Maybe he is ill. He seems emaciated. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Love 4

For me the big head scratcher was how Joe's fling was in a good mood, went to a club, hooked up with random guy, but then in the next part she's fearing for her life from her client, who then kidnaps her? She didn't seem under any stress or duress with Joe.  Can someone explained what I missed? I was half watching, to be honest.

I think Tony Danza looks great for 70. I had no trouble recognizing him. If Tom wasn't dyeing his hair, he wouldn't look quite so young. He certainly walks like an old man. That said, I think Tom looks good for 77. 

Edited by mojito
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, mojito said:

I think Tony Danza looks great for 70. I had no trouble recognizing him. If Tom wasn't dyeing his hair, he wouldn't look quite so young. He certainly walks like an old man. That said, I think Tom looks good for 77. 

I agree. The really implausible thing is that in real life Gramps is only a few years older than Tom. I suppose Tony was supposed to be playing a character who was mid fifties. That wasn't believable to me, but I don't think Tony looks awful for 70.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, jabRI said:

For me the big head scratcher was how Joe's fling was in a good mood, went to a club, hooked up with random guy, but then in the next part she's fearing for her life from her client, who then kidnaps her? She didn't seem under any stress or duress with Joe.  Can someone explained what I missed? I was half watching, to be honest.

Good question.  You'd think a lawyer who's afraid of her client would be leery of random men in a bar.  I still say that story made no sense.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Magnumfangirl said:

Good question.  You'd think a lawyer who's afraid of her client would be leery of random men in a bar.  I still say that story made no sense.

You think that she would also have more sense than to go home with a guy she just hooked up with  in a bar; he could be a serial rapist or murderer.

Edited by cameron
  • Love 1

Kudos to the camera crew that shot the bowling sequence.

It clearly shows the balls Erin rolled were not the balls that hit the pins for consecutive strikes.

And since when did she become a bad-ass tomboy that gave her brother(s) beat downs?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, preeya said:

Kudos to the camera crew that shot the bowling sequence. It clearly shows the balls Erin rolled were not the balls that hit the pins for consecutive strikes.

Yeah, I noticed that. And with house balls and no hook or mid-roll action. If she was that good she'd have had her own ball(s). Bowling balls, that is.

What I didn't get in this episode is why the lawyer's client would have kidnapped her in the first place. It makes no sense. She told him to get outta Dodge and he does the exact opposite. She's basically the only thing between his liberty and life in prison so...why?!?

Almond milk assistant should have kept his mouth shut. Dunno what you're talking about. Horrible mistake/turn-of-events/etc. If they'd actually cuffed the husband it would have been even dumber. Then again, this show rarely has even a one-night-stand with legal reality.

Liked Eddy's story here. Hope we see a lot more of Detective Janko.

Danza was good, and was the only one with even the slightest gravitas this week.

• Love 1

Along with Tony Danza looking way too old for being an active duty cop it hit me how SHORT he was when Selleck came into the room...he's at least a head taller!

And as for Joe...when the file "dropped" on Anthony's desk, was it implied that Joe somehow got hold of it. How? Did he break into her house (does he know where she lives? The Uber went to the safe house, right?)

Also, whatever they found out from the file was completely inadmissible, right? So none of it could be used against the guy on trial for witness tampering, right?

I don't know why I even go there...

I'm glad there's finally some movement on the Jamie/Eddie situation. Eddie is SMART. She aced the sgt. exam. But she knows very well, that's not her forte. Jamie is GOOD at being a hardass. Eddie could be a good detective. And FINALLY the nepotism/spouse supervising spouse thing could go away.

And Danny is not, if so much MELLOWING, actually listening to and working with Baez far more than he ever did. She reminded him she's always following him with his "hunches," and he admitted he owed her one, and they got the murderer. (aka Latinx Rachel Ray.)

Edited by kwnyc
Misnaming
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, kwnyc said:

And FINALLY the nepotism/spouse supervising spouse thing could go away.

I am confused and hoping you or someone else can explain to this me. Jamie outranks Danny, so wouldn't he still outrank Eddie? How does Eddie becoming a detective solve the nepotism/spouse supervising spouse issue? 

2 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

I am confused and hoping you or someone else can explain to this me. Jamie outranks Danny, so wouldn't he still outrank Eddie? How does Eddie becoming a detective solve the nepotism/spouse supervising spouse issue? 

If she becomes a detective she will no longer be under Jamie's supervision.

Although both are NYPD, uniforms & detectives are separate entities.

• Love 2

Detectives and Patrol are different divisions of the department. The ranks are different as well. The issue has been Eddie was junior to Jamie in the Patrol rank, and they are in the same precinct. And combined with the fact that they’re now married that was problematic. If Eddie goes to SVU  then the supervisory conflict disappears. 

• Love 3
On 2/27/2022 at 3:05 PM, preeya said:

And since when did she become a bad-ass tomboy that gave her brother(s) beat downs?

That was clearly established early, almost from season 1. Erin, the only girl in the family, has been in constant and fierce competition with all those boys. She has frequently confessed to various pranks, errant acts, and misdeeds from her past, as she always tried to “best” them. 

• Love 2

I found this an odd episode too.  The first scene that seemed so strange was when Danny and Baez were talking to Almond Milk guy in the studio right after the tv host death. They stand there like rookies, looking awkward and as if they have never questioned a witness before.  I don’t get it.

4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

They stand there like rookies, looking awkward

They really wanted to help, knew they had the skills to do so, BUT, they were very aware that they had no business or jurisdiction to do so. It was their version of treading lightly, awkward as it was. I found it a bit humorous. 

45 minutes ago, Daff said:

They really wanted to help, knew they had the skills to do so, BUT, they were very aware that they had no business or jurisdiction to do so. It was their version of treading lightly, awkward as it was. I found it a bit humorous. 

I guess….still odd, imo.  Then, the thing with Joe…did he know who the attorney was when he took her home?  Was it his mission to sleep with that attorney?

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I guess….still odd, imo.  Then, the thing with Joe…did he know who the attorney was when he took her home?  Was it his mission to sleep with that attorney?

Yeah, that was awkward as well. I’d have to see it again, to know for sure, but I had the sense that she and Joe were acquainted through work, maybe had crossed paths (defense attorney and detective), were attracted to each other, and this scene was somewhat early in the developing relationship. I didn’t get the sense that he picked her up as a complete stranger in a bar (does that even happen anymore?). 

It seems that she asked him what he did for a living and he dodged the question.  So, I don’t think she knew him or that he was a cop?  I may rewatch the first part to catch a few details….but, it might not be worth it.  Lol. 

• Love 2
On 3/5/2022 at 9:09 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

My understanding was that it was a one-nigh stand/random bar hook-up. They met, they were attracted, he knew she was a lawyer (but not where she worked/what kind of clients she had), she had no idea what he did. They slept together, and then we saw what happened the next morning. 

• Useful 1

I may be ignorant, but don’t talk shows have certain personnel on stand by back stage in case of anything?  Having the producer run out shouting “ is there a doctor in the house?”  At the audience Is kind of old school cliche 

On 2/27/2022 at 8:14 PM, kwnyc said:

Along with Tony Danza looking way too old for being an active duty cop it hit me how SHORT he was when Selleck came into the room...he's at least a head taller!

I think that, along with his natural gray, is what makes him appear older and more frail looking that TS. But hey-for 70 he’s still got a nice head of hair