Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E10: Arcane Wireless

mxc90
  • Start Topic

Fri, Feb 25, 2022

The Task Force's investigation into Arcane Wireless, an untraceable cellular network for criminals, leads to unexpected consequences. Red races against the clock to get a colleague out of trouble.  

I'm going to have to watch this episode when it's available for streaming tomorrow. I fell asleep and when I woke up, I thought those new characters were a refreshing change. Then I realized I was watching the first few minute of The Endgame. 😆

• LOL 5

Good grief! Now it's back on Friday nights. Couldn't beat "Young Sheldon" or "Station 19" on Thursday?

"The Seer" must have given special phones to the executives at NBC. I can't get a hold of anyone there to answer: Why the f*ck was this show renewed for a 10th season? 

I'd be pissed if my boss is walking around sipping wine while barking orders with a smile and staring at asses. Those guys seem way too chipper for that $hit!

Marvin (the voice of reason) wisely tells Red to give up finding Liz's killers. It delays not only Red's healing but the viewer's too. Enough! Be gone with her!

Now Cooper's hands are tied to help release Heddie? The man has broken the law for lesser people before.

Why must Cooper always initially say "No" to Red when he will eventually crumble to follow his criminal boss's requests? And as usual in the end (with Brandy in hand), Red has embarrassed him for the hundredth time. He never learns from his mistakes.

More embarrassing was the FBI not being able to communicate properly in their ranks to not have other agents interfere in a big case. And after this debacle, Cooper still has a job!

What was Park's contribution this episode? She spent her allotted time being Aram's useless pep talk figure or just standing next to Cooper pretending to look important.  

That was an abrupt ending! My Goodness! Red couldn't finish making tea (must have ran out of budget for this crucial scene or the ingredient in the tea is super-secret)! When the director yelled "CUT", he/she really meant it!

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Aram you stupid wanker, you could have taken a buy out for the $4 million. Your regrets are empty echos of an idiot. You walked away with nothing for some noble ideal that would make no sense even if you tried to explain. You are pathetic.

The other stupidity. Our bosses talked, and now we know you are looking into the biggest operation we ever had. But let's not have anybody stop you from screwing the pooch. Did I say our bosses talked?

Edited by edhopper
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, mxc90 said:

"The Seer" must have given special phones to the executives at NBC. I can't get a hold of anyone there to answer: Why the f*ck was this show renewed for a 10th season?

Spader has dirt on someone. There is no other plausible explanation!

Aram is indeed an idiot.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Good grief! Now it's back on Friday nights. Couldn't beat "Young Sheldon" or "Station 19" on Thursday?

It was announced initially as being in its standard Friday time slot, but then moved to Thursday to fill in after the Law & Order spinoff fell apart. It was always meant to be temporary until NBC found a new show (likely ANOTHER Law & Order spinoff, which is what it turned out to be) to take its place.

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Useful 2

I the task force is a special op but no one talks to anyone and passes along important pieces of info like we have an op in place to take big organized crime?  How exactly hasn't the federal government just not imploded?

I'll echo others with "Aram is an idiot."  Also, how many times has Cooper been duped by Red and sent a blacklist target to take down that Red only cares about because it can possibly interfere with his needs?  And yes, from Heddie's arrest to the Arcane op, how long until all these agencies realize the task force is back up and working with Red?  Not that it'll matter because they'll some how live to screw something else up another day.

I'm also going to repeat what others said on another blog, now that this has been renewed for season 10, for all that is holy, please, please, please, wrap up the Liz worship nonsense this season and don't let it carry over to the next.  Although, I'm kind of worried about Marvin because he more than anyone else has been trying to get Red to drop it but I'm not having warm fuzzies.  I hope I'm wrong...

• Love 2

Not that this show normally has nuanced performances (Spader aside) but the villains in this one were straight out of central casting. I guess because the episode was about an evil cell phone company the actors decided it was okay to phone it in?

So now we have Hedy's birds joining the list of Blacklist pets. I swear the writers are throwing these in just to mess with us. Next episode we'll probably find out that Gerard has a llama in his backyard.

I don't get the connection at all between the existence of secret bugged phones and how Hedy gets out of jail. Is it "let Hedy out and we'll keep it a secret?" In any situation where you have compromised the communications of the bad guys you would have to assume that they will eventually figure it out.

Did they run out of money for gunfire in this episode? The takedown was something I could have filmed myself on my cellphone using some Airsoft toys and a few packets of ketchup. Did all the budget for this show go to The Endgame?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

now that this has been renewed for season 10, f

This has been renewed? By all that's holy, why????? I thought End Game was going to be it's replacement since it's the same premise with a fresh new cast.

I was so disengaged from this episode I don't remember seeing anything after Heddy talking to some Fed about going into WITSEC. My WORDLE game(s) were more interesting.

21 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Red couldn't finish making tea (must have ran out of budget for this crucial scene or the ingredient in the tea is super-secret)!

I got the impression that was some form of Mags Bennett's Apple Jack, from all the hints they kept dropping.

• LOL 1
47 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

I got the impression that was some form of Mags Bennett's Apple Jack, from all the hints they kept dropping.

Thanks. I never watched that show. I am going to check it out and "Endgame" as others have mentioned.

17 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

his has been renewed? By all that's holy, why?????

The real question was why was it renewed years before this, with Lizzie dragging it down.

This ep was once again a reminder of how The Blacklist can be interesting and entertaining if it just drops Lizzie. Aside from the gratuitous reference at the beginning (and Marvin, I totally agree with you), there was no Lizzie. There were bad guys, there was an interesting idea, a twist and there was a satisfying conclusion. NOW is the time to renew Blacklist.

Can it use some better bad guys than those? Sure. And it should be able to get them. Let. Lizzie. Lie.

• Love 1

I can just see the Arcane Wireless guy setting up the gangster:  "These phones, the current model is the blklst13, retail for $5000 each, but with a bulk purchase we can certainly bring that down a bit, and it's all on an easy 24 month payment plan.  We'll put you on the friends, family, and criminal associates wireless plan, which includes unlimited voice, text, and data, for only $100 per month per phone.  Of course, taxes, fees, and some other shit that even we don't know where it goes, are extra.  Do you want to sign up for the breakage and loss insurance?  Oh, and we have these new watches that have several of the same features, only $500.  Could I get your driver's license so I can run it through our computer to get whatever information I want?  Thank you.  Don't forget to fill out the survey at the bottom of the receipt."

• LOL 8

The episode was pretty lame, just really boring. With the regards to the acting, it's almost like they ......  phoned it in.  :)    I'll see myself out.

Still no sign or mention of the dogs, Robert Vesco's cat , or Sierra the cat.

• LOL 1
On 3/5/2022 at 3:51 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

The episode was pretty lame, just really boring. With the regards to the acting, it's almost like they ......  phoned it in.  :)    I'll see myself out.

Still no sign or mention of the dogs, Robert Vesco's cat , or Sierra the cat.

Gotta read all of the posts - from dwmarch on Feb 26:

Not that this show normally has nuanced performances (Spader aside) but the villains in this one were straight out of central casting. I guess because the episode was about an evil cell phone company the actors decided it was okay to phone it in?

On 2/28/2022 at 7:45 PM, cameron said:

Hedi/Janice is looking really bad.  She has lost so much weight.  Hope it's not a serious medical condition.

It took me a while to recognize who was playing Heddy.  She did it with charm, imo.