Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: A New Life

• Start Topic

Should have seen it coming about Pike. His jealousy is ridiculous and he almost hurt a bunch of kids ! 

Did that baby look weird to anyone? Maybe just the placenta . Funny that the two doctors are both mentally unstable, lol. 
Poor Alex, trying to be nice to Wilford. I think Wilford is much more with it than he’s letting on. He’s counting on being left alone.

Glad to see Ruth back on the job. And just like that order begins to come back.

Josie and Ben!! Did not see that coming.  And is Josie learning to control the train?  With Javi still unable to , I guess she’s a good choice. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, rtms77 said:

Did that baby look weird to anyone? Maybe just the placenta .

I think the head was a little square from being pushed through the birth canal. It had a baby Frankenstein monster vibe going on.

The plot was very boring, nothing really happened, spending half the time on this episode would have been too long.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, rtms77 said:

Should have seen it coming about Pike.

Not sure I buy it.  He was working all this time against Wilford and then as soon as he gets what he wants, he flips.  To me the actor looks like a villain, probably just because I remember him from The Walking Dead.

Wilford must really be obsessed with Layton if the baby bells were the only thing that could penetrate his consciousness.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, edhopper said:

I was mostly bored this episode. The Pike turn feels like the writers are desperate to find conflict. I think a train crisis would serve them better.

I think they run out of train crisis for now. Between Layton blowing the aquarium, the Ag sector down , the flu taking out a bunch of passengers they don’t need another train crisis. 

I have to question the logic behind burning  a tree on fire inside a train. What kind of tradition is that? Still it’s nice to know Snowpiercer has baby traditions. 

So why is the Tail section still looking like a make shift shanty town still? I get Wilford never cared, but Layton needs to get on that. Except he also seriously needs to delegate. Ruth needs to step up and be second in command, like she was here. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, rtms77 said:

I have to question the logic behind burning  a tree on fire inside a train. What kind of tradition is that? Still it’s nice to know Snowpiercer has baby traditions. 

the fire wasn’t part of the tradition. Pike rigged the fire to start when the Christmas lights turned on. 

My episode notes:

are the writers also already bored with Asha? Where was she?

when do we get to New Eden? Can the arrival there please not be the season ending cliffhanger? there isn’t even plot tension because we know (because the characters know) that it’s going to be a letdown. 

• Love 3

It’s hard to believe that this episode is as long as the others when so little actually happened. I wouldn’t have thought that a 10-episode season would need what is, effectively, a filler episode. 

The traditions around a birth seem pretty OTT.

We’re to believe that the Tail has an established tradition for naming when, apart from Winnie and maybe one boy briefly shown in the Pilot, none of the kids look young enough to have been born on the train? As for Third Class’ tradition of the naming tree, while sweet, is it really plausible, given that reproduction is so restricted, for people to be so invested in the babies of the lottery winners? I’d have expected at least some resentment. Same goes for ringing the bells on the hour throughout labour. It seems like rubbing it in that this person gets to do what you are forbidden to do. Also, given how long labour can last, it seems a bit premature to announce that a baby is due on that day.

Josie’s lack of sensation in various parts of her body is not something I expected, and not something that bodes well for the baby. Have the Doctors Headwood unwittingly engineered a baby without a sense of touch? 

I wonder what Pike’s longterm plan is. He can’t expect to be able to control the train by himself. At minimum, he’d need engineers onside, or they’d literally go nowhere. 

Josie learning about engineering makes sense, especially when she’s the only person who can go outside for repairs.  

No sign of Miles, even when life systems are involved. Did he die in the flu epidemic and nobody bothered to mention it?

• Love 3
  • Pike is either a clumsy misdirect or he had an attack of conscience. I don't think he wants to find New Eden because he won't fit in.
On 2/21/2022 at 11:56 PM, rtms77 said:

I think Wilford is much more with it than he’s letting on. He’s counting on being left alone. 

^Without a doubt.

• Didn't realize the actress who plays Audrey is a talented Tony-award winner.  I was expecting some sloppy guitar miming.
  • Love 1

Not a whole lot happened in this one, and if Pike is behind the fires I will be disappointed. Cant he just leave well enough alone now that Wilford is no longer in power? 

Josie training to be an engineer is a good idea, even without Javi being too traumatized to do his job at 100% for now, he or Ben could die and they would want someone besides Wilford who can run the train. Plus, Ben and Josie had a "my true love is probably dead/definitely with someone else" bang session, which seems to have done wonders for both of their moods. 

You just know that Ruth had her hospitality uniform pressed and ready to go the very second she got out of that prison cell. The kids doing the name tree was cute, even if it didn't exactly end well. I also liked watching the battle of the doctors, its quirky mad scientist versus sarcastic lovable curmudgeon!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

You just know that Ruth had her hospitality uniform pressed and ready to go the very second she got out of that prison cell. The kids doing the name tree was cute, even if it didn't exactly end well. I also liked watching the battle of the doctors, its quirky mad scientist versus sarcastic lovable curmudgeon!

Didn't Ruth have to buy a new uniform in the market?

I found it interesting that she didn't take the time to fold down her collar properly.  Season 1 Ruth would never have let herself be seen like that!

• Love 2
16 hours ago, riprock said:

the fire wasn’t part of the tradition. Pike rigged the fire to start when the Christmas lights turned on. 

My episode notes:

are the writers also already bored with Asha? Where was she?

when do we get to New Eden? Can the arrival there please not be the season ending cliffhanger? there isn’t even plot tension because we know (because the characters know) that it’s going to be a letdown. 

Thanks ,I missed that scene with the fire. 
Considering Asha can only lie so much without giving it all a away, it’s probably good they gave her a day off. She’s already going cuckoo.

I do wonder about Alex and Wilford. Her flashback to his cruelness to her a least seems to have set her right. Again though I still think he’s conning everyone.

So yeah what happened to Joise and Layton semi adopted kid Miles? I don’t recall seeing him among the kids or in the classroom in the first ep. I mean Joise hasn’t mentioned him since season two. You would think she wouldn’t be so upset about Andre with her own kid to take care of. Something tells me they are retconning the past here.

• Love 1

Did I miss something? Who was standing looking at Pike? Or was it something else? 

I don't understand what I'd strategy is. Does he want Ruth in charge and him be her second? Dude was giving off stalker vibes with the Winnie scene. Was he expecting Ruth to run up and profess her love for him or was he thinking the sex would change her mind? 

The baby looked a little deformed or something is this a sign of what's to come? Was the baby making Zarah cold? Does that mean the baby will be able to freeze people?

I am waiting for Melanie to show back up in the season finale. Just because Ben got it on with Frozie and to shake things up. 

I knew LJ was gonna kill Kevin but was it to quench her serial killer ways or was it to switch sides? The way she was looking at her husband makes me think she will be fucking him up soon.

What did the do with Roche? Where was Asha. I'm also waiting on her to murder someone. Seems like you got 4 crazy people running around. Hold on 5, counting Wilford. Roche, Asha, LJ, Pike and Wilford. They are going to need a whole car for a prison. 

On another note, if Snowpiercer hooked up to Big Alice, shouldn't the engines not be in front anymore?

• Love 2
8 hours ago, toodywoody said:

I knew LJ was gonna kill Kevin but was it to quench her serial killer ways or was it to switch sides? The way she was looking at her husband makes me think she will be fucking him up soon.

Yeah, I feel bad for her husband, for a variety of reasons.  If I was him, I wouldn't sleep too heavily.

• Love 1
On 2/26/2022 at 12:16 PM, toodywoody said:

I think that LJ doesn’t much care who is being killed or tortured, she just wants to do it, or at least to watch. She can’t seriously think that Layton would buy that she is loyal to him, or trustworthy, but I’d say that she knew that she’d be able to get away with killing Kevin, so she did it. 

• Love 1
On 2/26/2022 at 6:16 AM, toodywoody said:

Did I miss something? Who was standing looking at Pike? Or was it something else? 

I don't understand what I'd strategy is. Does he want Ruth in charge and him be her second? Dude was giving off stalker vibes with the Winnie scene. Was he expecting Ruth to run up and profess her love for him or was he thinking the sex would change her mind? 

The baby looked a little deformed or something is this a sign of what's to come? Was the baby making Zarah cold? Does that mean the baby will be able to freeze people?

I am waiting for Melanie to show back up in the season finale. Just because Ben got it on with Frozie and to shake things up. 

What did the do with Roche? Where was Asha. I'm also waiting on her to murder someone. Seems like you got 4 crazy people running around. Hold on 5, counting Wilford. Roche, Asha, LJ, Pike and Wilford. They are going to need a whole car for a prison. 

On another note, if Snowpiercer hooked up to Big Alice, shouldn't the engines not be in front anymore?

I saw that, too, but couldn't make out whose face it was. Would whoever that was know what Pike was smashing? I don't get Pike's game. Is he upset because other people have their roles and places, and by his own words, he's never fit in anywhere?

I thought the baby looked deformed, too, but then when none of them reacted, I was wondering if it was just supposed to be the goop from birth on its forehead?
The baby or the birthing process was what was making Zarah cold, and Dr Headwood said that it was expected, just not how bad it got. I wonder what that all means for the baby. Will there be another Frozie? Or the big guy? (So sorry, I've forgotten his name) I wonder what differences there will be since the baby was engineered this way in utero vs changes made to the adults? 

Oh man, can you imagine if Mel shows up and wants Ben back? Would losing two men to other women be enough to send Frozie over the edge to Wilford's side? 

I believe any excuse to kill is a good enough one for LJ. If I were Oz, I'd sleep with a metal cage around my privates and throat! 

I have lost any sense of knowing where the cars and engines should be line up, or how they can maneuver around so nimbly on the tracks. If a scene shows the train spinning donuts on an ice sheet at some point, I'd probably say why not? Lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Did I miss what happened to the dog?  The train could always need more meat I guess.

looks like Frosie is turning into a real cold pop.  

pike is an idiot.  Just because Layton is leading things doesn’t mean he’s not a tallie.