Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E90: Afterparty: Send Noods

• Start Topic

If I were Grownup Rudy Huxtable, I'd be mad at being pushed back an hour for My Killer Body.

They think people committed enough for two hours of MAFS friends and family visiting will stick around and spoon down "my body was literally held together with glue and tape" in order to finally reach the Afterparty.  But they're wrong.

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, candall said:

If I were Grownup Rudy Huxtable, I'd be mad at being pushed back an hour for My Killer Body.

They think people committed enough for two hours of MAFS friends and family visiting will stick around and spoon down "my body was literally held together with glue and tape" in order to finally reach the Afterparty.  But they're wrong.

Hey, it’s better than Adults Adopting Adults whatever the hell that was! Lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

LMAO  Yes.  That was subtitled "Men Gaslighting Wives."

Edited by candall
Updated terminology
  • LOL 7

I'm really starting to judge Katina. I judge people by the company you keep and she seemed way to cool with Alyssa's bullshit. She called Alyssa out for lying but she still kind of gave her a pass. 

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I'm really starting to judge Katina. I judge people by the company you keep and she seemed way to cool with Alyssa's bullshit. She called Alyssa out for lying but she still kind of gave her a pass. 

Me too.  I’m also bothered by her giving a pass to O’s wedding grinding, love-bombing, ordering her to get over her fear of horses, etc.  Am wondering if she is socially stupid or something.  She seems nice enough, but alarm bells should be going off about Alyssa and O for her.  Plus, the way she is responding to Lyndsey.  Lyndsey is annoying AF at times, but Katina’s response to Lyndsey is immature and escalating.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Booger666 said:

Me too.  I’m also bothered by her giving a pass to O’s wedding grinding, love-bombing, ordering her to get over her fear of horses, etc.  Am wondering if she is socially stupid or something.  She seems nice enough, but alarm bells should be going off about Alyssa and O for her.  Plus, the way she is responding to Lyndsey.  Lyndsey is annoying AF at times, but Katina’s response to Lyndsey is immature and escalating.

I'm with you and @Racj82 above on Katina.  I've been feeling that way about her for weeks now.  She thinks she's the shit and no one calls her on it even when she's the one instigating.  Meanwhile Lindsey gets raked over the coals because she doesn't know how to act cool and above it all.  I've been around too many women like Katina so maybe that's why I've felt this way about her since virtually week one.

And speaking of Katina, how many Afterparties has she been on, like most of them already?  I'm getting tired of seeing her here being given the chance to act like the authority on everyone else's relationship.  And then she rolls her eyes and tells the camera no one wants to hear it when Lindsey does the same thing and Lindsey gets shit for calling her out about it.  Lindsey did not handle it well but still there is a double standard going on here.

• Love 12

It sounded like we wouldn't see Chris or Alyssa on the After party anymore. I am glad they let Chris come on, but I hope we are done with any sight of Alyssa.

I really would like those women with the fake hair to be able to keep their hands off of it. If it needs that much constant attention, either lose the extensions or wash them or sit on your hands. I think Katina will say whatever she feels is the safest and never really says what she means.

Other than Chris, and maybe Mark when he is not around Lindsey, this is the most unlikeable group yet.

• Love 3

Chris was very perceptive the way he pointed out that even though he’s never even met Alyssa’s friend, the friend’s initial reaction was basically: Alyssa, you have a pattern of treating guys like this, so you’re probably just being an asshole to this nice guy who didn’t do anything wrong. Chris said it much more nicely without going to the extent that I did to paint himself the victim nor Alyssa the villain. Chris also pointed out that in Alyssa’s mind she WAS giving it 100% but the effort was misdirected in terms of how to tolerate the experience together without focusing the effort on building a marriage. Again, he said this in a much more diplomatic way than I did. I also liked how he said that this experience has helped him grow so the next person he meets will get the best version of himself that has ever existed. I believe it. Frankly, it’s a rarity that someone can come out of a reality show with such a genuinely good and respectable reputation. This “experience” as they keep calling it was probably the best thing to ever happen to this man in the long run—so far I’m not putting anyone else in this category.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 19
29 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I really would like those women with the fake hair to be able to keep their hands off of it. If it needs that much constant attention, either lose the extensions or wash them or sit on your hands.

Serious question:  They pat their extensions because they're dirty?

3 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I was surprised to see Chris and Alyssa (dab dab I'm a good person; dab dab I tried my best), but it made sense. I would not mind checking on Chris from time to time and it seems that he does have true relationships with many of the gang. 

He said on the Afterparty last night that he's the one that both Mark and Lindsey go to when they're upset, so he does have real relationships.  But Keshia gave a most definite goodbye to him last night on the Afterparty.  We'll see.  Seeing him be friends with some people isn't worth having to see Alyssa's lying mug. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Serious question:  They pat their extensions because they're dirty?

Not a black woman, but I think its because it itches. I know my head would when I used to get my hair braided in my 20s. A lot of times, braiding is involved in the process of extentions.

• Love 2

I loved how Chris described his own vagabond (TM Steve's Dad) journey between careers--he made it sound like the best thing he could have done. Steve was listening and loving it.

Kudos to Chris for positioning himself so well. It's very possible that's who he really is, or it's part of him and the rest is that he's really smart. Either way, bon voyage!

+1 on the Katina Train. Although it's possible she's hot for O and to each their own--but I'd be more interested in seeing her here after an episode in which she is told what a good wife should be doing. I see it's coming.

• Love 5

Not a black woman, but I think its because it itches. I know my head would when I used to get my hair braided in my 20s. A lot of times, braiding is involved in the process of extentions.

I'm white and I've had various types of extensions. When I first got them, they were kind of a novelty and I probably did play with them a lot. Now I really don't and in fact, my hair is usually in a ponytail or a bun unless I'm going out.

When I don't have extensions, my hair is oily and I have to wash it every day. With the extensions, I can go every three days without a wash because the oil doesn't show. I'm not really more inclined to touch them when they are dirty.

Honestly, I don't know why these women are constantly playing with their hair unless it's a nervous habit or they think it's flirty or cute or whatever. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

If Chris was talking with his mother online from his house it looks like he has the best housing situation of any of the participants. I liked his comments on the aftershow that the questions on the pre-show questionnaires helped him clarify his view of what he wants in a partner and will be useful in his future. 

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, OlderThanDirt said:

If Chris was talking with his mother online from his house it looks like he has the best housing situation of any of the participants. I liked his comments on the aftershow that the questions on the pre-show questionnaires helped him clarify his view of what he wants in a partner and will be useful in his future. 

It did look like a nice house. O has a pretty nice house too though I don't love his decorating sense.

• Love 4

I think Chris lives in a northwest suburb of Boston, somewhat far out from the city, so you could get a lot more house for your money.  O looks like he lives right in the city so his house would  be a lot more expensive.  

• Useful 1

I'm loving Chris saying it ALL!!! That Alyssa made him say what she wouldn't (that she wanted a divorce), that she quit a long time ago, & that she was mad he wouldn't play along for 2 months! HA! He knew what was going on!

• Love 4
On 2/24/2022 at 2:01 AM, Racj82 said:

On 2/24/2022 at 10:44 AM, Yeah No said:

I'm with you and @Racj82 above on Katina.  I've been feeling that way about her for weeks now.  She thinks she's the shit and no one calls her on it

Yes!  During the main episode, when they were all sharing about how the Pastor Cal visit went, Katina bragged about how Pastor Cal had nothing bad to say about her behavior as a wife.  Then Alyssa said "Cause you're the best" (and Katina agreed, saying "I am the best"). We've seen Alyssa basically be a jock sniffer to Katina before, and maybe Katina's ego likes being fed, and therefore cuts Alyssa more slack than she deserves.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Welp. No more Chris apparently. Definitely no more Alyssa since she ran off cuz she couldn't take the hot seat. I wonder if that's how she'll be on the reunion... Probably. That'll leave Chris to say whatever he thinks.

On 2/23/2022 at 6:55 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

It was basically 40-60 year old men convincing their wives to adopt a sister wife in their 20's with large breasts.  My girlfriend made me stop watching it 30 min in, because thought it was so gross.  I am not surprised that it did not make it. My Killer Body is way better than this, and I have never watched it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1