Type keyword(s) to search

The Flash (2023)

BetterButter
  • Start Topic

The Flash Movie Receives Promising Update From WB Amid Cancellation Fears
By Klein Felt   August 4, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/flash-movie-update-wb-cancellation 

As a part of a recent investors' call, Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav reassured audiences that DC films like The Flash is still coming, despite recent shake-ups.
"We have seen Flash, Black Adam and Shazam 2. We are very excited about them. We’ve seen them. We think they are terrific, and we think we can make them even better."

52 minutes ago, BetterButter said:

This just absolutely kills me. From the article about what WB will "do" if Miller gets therapy:

If that help happens, Miller, who goes by they/them pronouns, could give an interview at some point explaining their erratic behavior over the past few years.

Erratic? So now criminal behavior and actions are considered erratic?

WB is looking to just tank itself, isn't it? No condemnation, no action; just stick by this asshole.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This just absolutely kills me. From the article about what WB will "do" if Miller gets therapy:

Erratic? So now criminal behavior and actions are considered erratic?

WB is looking to just tank itself, isn't it? No condemnation, no action; just stick by this asshole.

Is it too late to swap this with Batgirl so that we can still get Michael Keaton back as Batman?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Is it too late to swap this with Batgirl so that we can still get Michael Keaton back as Batman?

Yes. According to the article, Miller played “too many characters” to do reshoots, and they’ll be gone anyway with a recast Flash in future movies. Yeah right.😒🙄

It also stated both Keaton and Affleck were appearing in the movie.

Whatever. I know I won’t be spending any 💴 watching this in the theater. I’ll wait and just watch the scenes with Keaton.

I posted before in the Justice League movie thread years ago, that this Flash was more like Spidey/personality of Wally, than Barry. And how BARRY ALLEN is supposed to be Bats’s and Supes’s contemporary and not someone who is a junior to them. Plus, he’s supposed to be Blonde!

Yeah, still irked at that, just as I am at Grant Gustin playing Barry, even though I love him. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

They'd probably have put this out earlier if they could have, but now WB has the mental health trump card to pull if anyone complains too hard about the movie coming out.  How dare you holier than thou, ableist assholes condemn someone who is suffering from mental health issues?  We've got money to make, err, I mean, we should be compassionate. 

• Applause 3
  • LOL 1

Actor Ezra Miller Apologizes For Behavior, But Will Fans Forgive ‘The Flash’?
by Mandatory Editors      Aug 17th, 2022
https://www.mandatory.com/culture/1596665-actor-ezra-miller-apologizes#1 

For Twitter, the mea culpa was insufficient – and had Warner Bros.’ greedy little fingerprints all over it. After all, a $200 million superhero flick is riding on Miller cleaning up their reputation.

Ezra Miller Is Seeking Treatment But Will It Be Enough to Save Warner Discovery’s Flash Movie?
By Rachyl Jones  August 17, 2022
https://observer.com/2022/08/ezra-miller-is-seeking-treatment-but-will-it-be-enough-to-save-warner-discoverys-flash-movie/ 

In the coming months, fans can expect Miller’s team to communicate their mental health progress both to the studio and publicly, Moses said. If Warner proceeds with the release, some consumers might avoid the film due to their personal feelings about its lead actor, but if handled responsibly, Miller’s public relations team could make fans feel even more connected with Miller’s performance, Moses said. Mental health crises aren’t new to Hollywood, but because of modern media, fans have insights they haven’t had in the past.

Ezra Miller — and their recent volatility — explained
By Aja Romano    Updated Aug 16, 2022
https://www.vox.com/23013773/ezra-miller-arrest-restraining-order-what-happened-the-flash-hiatus 

Still, even with Miller’s new apology, the allegations against them aren’t typically the kind an actor just moves on from. While the petty theft and dive bar meltdowns could perhaps be written off as a form of pressure release, the accusations of violent outbursts, cult-like activity, and years of strategically grooming underage fans point to much deeper problems — problems that likely won’t be curbed by handing them a major starring role in a massive franchise.

Edited by tv echo

Isn't there an arrest warrant (or two) out for him? Reading this article made me roll my eyes several times...

Ezra Miller Meets With Warners Leadership in a ‘The Flash’ Course Correct (Exclusive)
BY BORYS KIT, AARON COUCH   AUGUST 26, 2022
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/ezra-miller-seeks-to-save-the-flash-warner-bros-1235206763/ 

Amid all the bustle this week on the Burbank lot, one could have easily missed a pair of figures walking around the offices and heading to a meeting of the highest order. But that’s what Ezra Miller, the star of Warners’ high-profile DC movie The Flash, and their agent, CAA’s Scott Metzger, did Wednesday — the same day a Batgirl screening took place.

Miller, who uses they/them pronouns, and Metzger met with new Warner Bros. film chairs Michael De Luca and Pamela Abdy to discuss not only how to stay on course for The Flash’s June 23, 2023, release date but to reaffirm their commitment to the movie as well as apologize for bringing negative attention to the production and the company.
According to sources, Miller vowed to seek help after learning that De Luca and Abdy were considering all options for Flash, including scrapping the $200 million movie if things devolved further with Miller. While the actor is said to not have minded the stream of bad headlines, they were spooked by the notion of the film getting canceled and jolted to take action. Says one source: “They care about The Flash. It’s one of their favorite characters to play.”

Details of the meeting were not revealed, but it was the first time that Miller had spoken with De Luca and Abdy, who took over running the film division at the beginning of July and inherited a DC slate in various stages of postproduction. The actor was apologetic and affirmed their commitment to both getting care and to the production.
The move comes as work on The Flash, directed by Andy Muschietti, moves full steam ahead, with Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav not wavering on its release date, even as Warners this week pushed Shazam! Fury of the Gods out of 2022 and Aquaman 2 back from March 2023 to Christmas of that year. (Aquaman’s push was due to the long runway need to complete the intensive and complex visual effects, while Shazam! departed a date that was a week away from juggernaut Avatar: The Way of Water.)

Next week, composer Benjamin Wallfisch will lead a scoring session at Abbey Road Studios in London, sources say. Visual effects work continues and could be done by the end of the year.

After months of upsetting headlines about Miller, the mood regarding Flash is more hopeful on the lot than it’s been in some time, even if the movie still has a ways to go before its release. Still, it has been receiving some of the highest scores at test screenings since Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight movies, and execs and creatives believe they have a critical and box office hit on their hands that lives up to those scores.

Yeah, the apology/redemption tour continues.

I know they sunk a lot of money into this film, but I still don't get WB bending over backwards for Miller when they're not even great (IMO) in terms of acting ability, or fame.

• Applause 1

WB has no choice if it wants to release the film - it doesn't matter what Miller's relative fame or acting ability is.  If they say you're on your own  and the worst happens, a lot of people will loudly complain about the studio releasing a film with a lead actor who's a criminal, regardless of whether they've cut ties. 

If they're smart and have the leverage WB should assign Miller some 24/7 chaperones and isolate them in some neutral location.  Seems like prison?  Well, it's still better than the real thing.

Derry Girls’ Saoirse-Monica Jackson Isn’t Ready to Say Goodbye
BY NATALIE JARVEY    OCTOBER 5, 2022
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2022/10/saoirse-monica-jackson-on-derry-girls-season-three

Next up, American audiences will see you in The Flash. The character you are playing hasn’t yet been revealed. Is there anything you can share?
I’m so scared of Warner Bros. [Laughs] I’m just so delighted that I got the part that I’m so scared to even speak about it in case I get fired. So I can’t tell you anything at the moment, but I’m really delighted about playing her. She’s a really fun, interesting character and a very different character from things I’ve played in the past. I’ve worked with some amazing people and I just loved the experience.

It’s hard to talk about The Flash without talking about its star, Ezra Miller, who has had a number of offscreen troubles lately. What was your experience working on the film with them?
Honestly it was so amazing for me to see that level of production and that level of creative freedom and scope. A lot of our scenes were improvised, and I think that it was a really supportive and creative environment. And what a remarkable talent, and I think what a brilliant Flash. It’s just the perfect casting for The Flash. When the world sees that performance, they’ll be completely blown away. I had an amazing time on that job and I think that it definitely made me a better actor.

46 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Derry Girls’ Saoirse-Monica Jackson Isn’t Ready to Say Goodbye
BY NATALIE JARVEY    OCTOBER 5, 2022
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2022/10/saoirse-monica-jackson-on-derry-girls-season-three

What did they expect them to say? That Miller was as creepy on set as they have displayed in their real life? “Problematic” must be the new code word for criminal.  Allegedly.😒😒 But all that gushing was just nauseating.

• Love 3

DC Flash Fans React to Ezra Miller Recast News With Replacement Hopes
By Sam Hargrave   October 20, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/dc-flash-recast-ezra-miller 

According to insider MyTimeToShineHello, the studio has a shortlist of replacement actors for Barry Allen, with 1917's George MacKay at the top. Warner Bros. will reportedly decide who will ultimately secure the role after The Flash releases. Grace Randolph supported the claim that MacKay is Warner Bros.' top choice.

The GWW's KC Walsh followed up by noting the rumor is "kinda true but not final" as the studio will wait and see the "public perception around release" before deciding whether to recast, with its preference being to keep Miller:

"#TheFlash rumor going around is kinda true but not final, still just an idea, they are going to wait and see obviously, 8 months is a long time, Miller has a contract, it’ll depend on the public perception around release if they can get away with keeping Miller they will."

Edited by tv echo

Warner Bros. to Return to Super Bowl After 17-Year Absence With ‘The Flash’ Promo (Exclusive)
Umberto Gonzalez | December 22, 2022
https://www.thewrap.com/warner-bros-super-bowl-the-flash-promo/

Warner Bros. Discovery is making a big splash and returning to the Super Bowl after a 17-year absence with a promo for “The Flash,” TheWrap has exclusively learned.

Super Bowl LVII will take place on Sunday, Feb. 12, 2023. The buzz on the film is so good that five days later, the superhero film will have it’s trailer pegged in front of Marvel Studios “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania” which opens in theaters on Feb. 17, 2023.
According to an insider with knowledge of the project, the film has been testing positively.
“The Flash” will open in theaters on Jun 16, 2023.

Edited by tv echo

Don't know how much of this is still (or even) true...

The Flash Movie Will Feature a NEW

Spoiler

Justice League, Confirms Director

By Aeron Mer Eclarinal    January 3, 2023
The Direct article link 

As per a recently-surfaced featurette for The Flash, director Andy Muschietti described

Spoiler

the film's Justice League as "not the powerful" team that fans know: 

"We are presenting [a] Justice League that is not the powerful Justice League that we all know."

Spoiler

Muschietti then made a rundown of the team's members, namely Michael Keaton's Batman, Sasha Calle's Supergirl, and the two versions of Barry Allen: 

"As Bruce Wayne said, it’s like a retired vigilante, a half-solar-powered alien, and two idiots.”

Spoiler

The Direct previously revealed that the "other" Barry Allen will serve as the movie's primary villain, acting as a "Dark Flash" antagonist to Ezra Miller's displaced Barry Allen.

In the same featurette, Chief Creative Officer of DC Comics Jim Lee explained why the Multiverse is essential to telling the story of The Flash: 

"The great story at DC involves the Multiverse, meaning [there’s] an infinite number of Earths. There could be different versions of these characters and really explore different stories. The Flash is synonymous to the Multiverse."

Spoiler

The Flash producer Barbara Muschietti also confirmed that Gal Gadot will return as Wonder Woman while explaining why Keaton decided to return as the Dark Knight:

Andy Muschietti: "It’s a dream. Being able to work with this cast like [Ben] Affleck,[Michael] Keaton…"

Miller: "There are multiple Batmans…"

Barbara Muschietti: "[Michael] Keaton said that he’d love to be Batman again. He knows that Batman like no one else does."

Miller: "Batsman. There’s more than one Batman."

Barbara Muschietti: "Then we have Sasha Calle…"

Sasha Calle: "Everything is the coolest, most exciting thing for me."

Andy Muschietti: "Michael Shannon plays Zod…"

Barbara Muschietti: "Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman."

Edited by tv echo

Ditto...

The Flash Promo Art Reveals

Spoiler

Batman, Supergirl & an Odd-Looking Variant of Barry Allen

BY JONATHAN FUGE   PUBLISHED 1 DAY AGO
MovieWeb article link 

New promo art from the upcoming DCU movie, The Flash, offers our latest look at Ezra Miller as the titular superhero alongside

Spoiler

Michael Keaton as Batman, Sasha Calle as Supergirl, and what appears to be a rather odd-looking variant of Barry Allen. Emerging on social media, the artwork finds Miller’s main character in a brand-new suit, with Keaton’s Bruce Wayne donning a cape and cowl similar to that of 1992’s Batman Returns. However, questions begin to arise when looking at the over-excited Barry Allen variant on the left, who appears to be wearing a Batman suit sprayed red. Resulting in an....interesting look.

Edited by tv echo

Nope, nope, Nope.

ETA: I mean that...that...is that supposed to be Supergirl??! She's supposed to be BLONDE!!!

And "Dark Flash"? Really? Isn't it supposed to be, oh, I don't know, REVERSE FLASH?

But still not paying to watch this. Nope. Maybe after it's available on demand, I'll just fast forward and watch Keaton and Gadot.

Whaaat? Like I won't be able to figure out what's going on? And mute!mute!mute!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

No jail time, so I guess Ezra Miller will be free to do promotion for The Flash...

Ezra Miller agrees to plead guilty in Vermont burglary case 
By Diana Dasrath and Doha Madani    Jan 11, 2023
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ezra-miller-agrees-plea-guilty-vermont-burglary-case-rcna65415 

Actor Ezra Miller is expected to plead guilty to a lesser charge of trespassing in Vermont after he was accused of stealing several bottles of alcohol from someone's home.

Miller, who uses they/them pronouns, was alleged to have stolen the bottles just before 5 p.m. May 1 from a house in Stamford, police said in August. They were later charged with unlawful trespassing, two charges of burglary in an unoccupied dwelling and petit larceny.

A clerk for Vermont Superior Court confirmed that the parties have agreed to drop the burglary and larceny charges.

Miller is expected to enter a guilty plea Friday in Bennington County Superior Criminal Court.

Court documents show prosecutors are proposing that Miller face 89 to 90 days in a suspended sentence, as well as a year’s probation and a $500 fine.

The maximum sentence for the burglary charge would have been 25 years, according to the charging document.

Edited by tv echo

Vermont sentences are often not what they seem, however. I remember a recent case where a defendant was sentenced to one to three years in prison. His jail sentence was considered satisfied after eight days.

I saw a lot of talk a week or so ago complaining that other DC actors are being replaced, but an anonymous DC executive stated that they're considering keeping Miller. I think that's much ado about nothing. There's no way that DC is going to state that they're replacing the lead in a hugely expensive movie before the movie has been released!

(Now I could be proven wrong if they do keep Miller after any news about replacing him won't affect the box office).

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

All the non-Ezra stuff looks great but I just can’t get past that DC hasn’t addressed the elephant in the room.

Even without the Ezra baggage, I didn’t think their parts of the trailer were very good. They’ve never really appealed to me as an actor. 

20 minutes ago, Dani said:

All the non-Ezra stuff looks great but I just can’t get past that DC hasn’t addressed the elephant in the room.

Even without the Ezra baggage, I didn’t think their parts of the trailer were very good. They’ve never really appealed to me as an actor. 

Same. I did love seeing Keaton Batman again, complete with the Elfman theme.

• Like 2

Seeing Michael Keaton saying "I'm Batman" after all these years was amazing. 

Seeing Ezra Miller all over this thing was not amazing. I'll never forget WB acting like nothing happened.  I'll see this when it hits streaming but because of Ezra I can't help this movie Box Office wise. 

Edited by ShadowHunter
  • Like 3
  • Applause 4
46 minutes ago, ShadowHunter said:

Seeing Ezra Miller all over this thing was not amazing. I'll never forget WB acting like nothing happened.  I'll see this when it hits streaming but because of Ezra I can't help this movie Box Office wise. 

You could just do what I’m doing and decide to mentally earmark your box-office dollars as going to Keaton or one of the others in the cast or crew, instead of Miller.

Seriously though, I am excited to see Keaton back as Batman and am intrigued to see where DC goes from here.

I liked everything about that trailer except Ezra Miller - so, a pass for me. 

Gunn and Safran are both apparently following the company line when it comes to this movie and Ezra Miller...

James Gunn's New DC Slate: Your Burning Questions Answered
By Germain Lussier   January 31, 2023
https://gizmodo.com/james-gunn-dc-slate-info-flash-aquaman-justice-league-1850051467 

Gunn: Can I also say The Flash is fucking amazing? Like it’s one of the best superhero movies I’ve ever seen. Andy Muschietti did an amazing job and I’m really excited for everybody to see it 

Will Ezra Miller be back as the Flash after that?
Gunn:
Let’s see what happens.

Safran: Ezra is fully committed to the recovery right now. And, you know, we talk to them. We’re in constant contact [and] when the time is right, we’ll have the conversation with them and decide what’s best for them personally. 

Edited by tv echo
20 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Same. I did love seeing Keaton Batman again, complete with the Elfman theme.

Oh YEAH. And bittersweet because it also brought home the fact that Kevin Conroy-THE BEST BATMAN EVAH-is gone and this theme was used for B:TAS, or whenever we saw Conroy's Bats in the DCAU

20 hours ago, ShadowHunter said:

Yep. And this is me. Not spending a DIME because most of this movie will be focused on Ezra, and my brain is still exploding over a Kara that isn't BLONDE! Sue me!

19 hours ago, MadyGirl1987 said:

You could just do what I’m doing and decide to mentally earmark your box-office dollars as going to Keaton or one of the others in the cast or crew, instead of Miller.

Nope. Because I bet Keaton isn't in the majority of this film. I can wait until it shows up on streaming. What I saw of Ezra was so...trite and they're the worst performers from what I could see.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 3
12 hours ago, tv echo said:

Will Ezra Miller be back as the Flash after that?
Gunn:
Let’s see what happens.

Safran: Ezra is fully committed to the recovery right now. And, you know, we talk to them. We’re in constant contact [and] when the time is right, we’ll have the conversation with them and decide what’s best for them personally. 

Not only are they refusing to be at all respectful of what Ezra has been accused of, Safran is painting them as a victim. 

They have no problem calling out multiple people including the previous DC leadership and essentially calling the Batgirl movie shit but refuse to offer even the most mild criticism of an accused groomer.  Not even the generic, corporate standard line about taking the situation seriously that says very little. Companies have entire departments who know how to respond to situations like this without actually criticizing the actor or committing to anything. There’s no good explanation for how they are handling this. 

11 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Nope. Because I bet Keaton isn't in the majority of this film.

That’s what I am expecting. The trailer relies entirely on people knowing the plot of flashpoint and “look here’s Batman”. I’m guessing we saw clips from every part Keaton is in. No setup and none of the stuff a movie like this would usually put in the the trailer. They went straight to the things they would usually leave out entirely or minimize. Given how good the plot is supposed to be that says, to me, that the first two acts are all Ezra all the time.

I’ll pass. I’m not even sure I want to support this movie on streaming. 

10 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Can someone tell me what happened with Ezra? I liked their performance in Batman vs Superman, but I haven’t kept up with anything DC in a hot minute. 

It’s a lot. The ones that stood out to me were. They assaulted multiple people in Hawaii and were arrested or had the police called on them several different times over a two-ish week period. They were accused of grooming an 18 year since they were 12. They were arrested for breaking into a house. They had a restraining order against them for obsessive behavior towards a different child. 

https://www.vulture.com/2023/01/ezra-miller-grooming-allegations-career-timeline.html

Just now, Dani said:

It’s a lot. The ones that stood out to me were. They assaulted multiple people in Hawaii and was arrested or had the police called on them several different times over a two week or so period. They were accused of grooming an 18 year since they was 12. They were arrested for breaking into a house. They had a restraining order against them for obsessive behavior towards a different child. 

https://www.vulture.com/2023/01/ezra-miller-grooming-allegations-career-timeline.html

Oh wow. Thank you.

4 hours ago, Dani said:

Given how good the plot is supposed to be that says, to me, that the first two acts are all Ezra all the time.

So far it looks relatively straightforward but there's got to be more to it than that.  Having the big villain be a Superman character is an odd choice - imagine a Batman movie where Brainiac is the big bad.  Viewers of the TV show and comic readers can come up with logical guesses about what else might be going on.

Edited by cambridgeguy

Seeing the trailer, makes me think 'where does Reverse Flash and a Grant Gustin (and maybe John W. Shipp) cameo fit in?' Because no way they don't have a least a reference to CW's Flash that has been around for nearly a decade. And will they really make Barry the "villain" and not have RF when this is based on Flashpoint? I'm guessing RF might a be a small, surprise scene; I'm just curious who they cast.

4 hours ago, ICantDoThatDave said:

That's so NOT Supergirl.

It could be different in the film, but judging from the trailer, she seems to essentially be a female version of Superman; IMHO.

I am also on the 'Might watch (with a finger on FFWD) if I can can definitely watch for free' train.

----

Updated synopsis, BTW:

" Worlds collide in “The Flash” when Barry uses his superpowers to travel back in time in order to change the events of the past. But when his attempt to save his family inadvertently alters the future, Barry becomes trapped in a reality in which General Zod has returned, threatening annihilation, and there are no Super Heroes to turn to. That is, unless Barry can coax a very different Batman out of retirement and rescue an imprisoned Kryptonian… albeit not the one he’s looking for. Ultimately, to save the world that he is in and return to the future that he knows, Barry’s only hope is to race for his life. But will making the ultimate sacrifice be enough to reset the universe? "

Edited by Trini
  • Like 2

I honestly wondered if this movie would even end up hitting screens, considering all of the shit Ezra Miller has pulled and the fact that DC is in the business of sometimes just shelving already finished movies, but here we are. It was cool seeing Michael Keaton Batman again, complete with that badass theme song, but even with the prospect of seeing a bunch of different versions of DC characters together, I don't have much of a desire to see this. I guess DC is hoping they can use Flashpoint to justify starting over again with the James Gunn-verse, a universe that will hopefully send Miller packing. They can fire just about every other actor they employ for no reason, but not this guy? They have handled this really badly, they have to know that not firing him after everything he did and trying to downplay it is a really bad look. 

If we are doing a full DC multiverse, I hope that we can get a Grant Gustin cameo, as its clear that his version of the Flash was a huge influence on this version, and god knows he deserves a spotlight after he's spent so many years on The Flash, trying to make that terrible dialogue work like a pro. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Nope. Because I bet Keaton isn't in the majority of this film. I can wait until it shows up on streaming. What I saw of Ezra was so...trite and they're the worst performers from what I could see.

That depends on how good his agent is.  Keaton might not be in much of it, but he's also a big name star whose presence is a major selling point - he may have been able to negotiate a percentage of the box office.  No, he probably doesn't have the juice to pull a Brando in Superman deal, but he's not a pointless cameo either.

2 hours ago, Trini said:

It could be different in the film, but judging from the trailer, she seems to essentially be a female version of Superman; IMHO.

True, she's clearly just been given the part Superman plays in the Flashpoint comics/animated movie.  But they could at least make her look like Supergirl (& pronounce her own name correctly 🙃 - just a minor pet peeve of mine that recent versions of the character have started using "Kah-ruh" instead of the original "Care-ah").

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

That depends on how good his agent is.  Keaton might not be in much of it, but he's also a big name star whose presence is a major selling point - he may have been able to negotiate a percentage of the box office.  No, he probably doesn't have the juice to pull a Brando in Superman deal, but he's not a pointless cameo either.

Even if Keaton is in a third of this movie, I’m still not watching in the theatre. I’ll use my finger to fast forward and just watch his scenes.

• Like 2

The story looks interesting but that's all.  

I was at opening night of the first Keaton Batman movie in the late 80's.   I grew up on Batman.   There's a photo of me at my 3rd birthday party wearing a Batman t-shirt.   Watched the '66 series in 66' and for years thereafter on UHF stations after school.   Bought every Batman comic book from 1971 through the mid-80s (and still have them).  I was pretty darn excited to finally see Batman on the big screen.  I remember lining up outside the theater and waiting for hours in my Batman Converse All-Stars.

And it sucked.   Michael Keaton as Batman sucked.  The whole movie sucked.  Tim Burton sucks.  Jack Nicholson -- more than anyone -- ruined the film.   I thought the whole thing was awful, the badness epitomized by that corny five-second sequence of the Batplane improbably stopping in mid-air for a silhouette shot against the disk of the moon

So, I have no inclination to see Keaton as Batman again.  Not even the slightest nostalgia.

That said, I have even less desire to see Ezra Miller in anything, let alone pay to see them in the theater as Flash.   Nor do I wish to be in the company of other moviegoers who are okay with brushing aside Miller's off-screen behavior for the sake of watching a superhero movie.  How can anyone in good conscience sit there and cheer for them or laugh at them?

Ezra Miller is nothing like a superhero.   They're a creepy, pathetic villain.   An off-brand Joker.   It seems even more of a travesty when you figure there's a very likeable, apparently decent actor named Grant Gustin who could probably could have done the job just as well if not better, given the chance.

Fuck DC.

Edited by millennium
  • Like 2
  • Fire 4

My guess is that the only reason the studio is desperate to make this movie happen is to introduce the DC multiverse - so they can have alternate movie versions of every DC character and dodge fan expectations of continuity. 
Nothing I have seen has made me want to go to the effort of seeing this at a theater, though. 

• Applause 1