Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Now You See Me

jewel21
  • Start Topic

When a lost child is brought into the ER with physical signs of abuse, Conrad and Cade try to get to the bottom of what happened to her. While out shopping, Devon and Leela encounter a woman who is having trouble breathing, and when she arrives at the hospital, Devon takes it upon himself to make sure she feels comfortable with the staff. Meanwhile, Bell eyes an open seat on the State Medical Board and Billie decides it's time to confront her past.

Airdate: 02/08/2022

• Love 1

I'm confused, how many times was Billie raped??

She said Trevor, her son, was the result of her being raped.

Trevor does not appear to be Caucasian, and it would be a very long stretch of the imagination to say Bob Porter, played by Scott Cohen fathered Trevor.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 3

I actually thought that when Scott Cohen first showed up, this would be the storyline where Bell’s old prostitute storyline would come back up as being a barrier for him getting to be in the Board. Guess the Billie storyline is more surprising. But when Scott showed up, I knew he would be the big bad of the season, because we haven’t had one yet this season. I hope I don’t end up hating him too much because I loved him on the 10th Kingdom. 

Glad Ana did okay with the surgery. I almost got sick with the infection ooze from her leg. I was briefly concerned for new doc getting jumped in the woods with the one homeless guy when he asked for cash. Happy that didn’t happen. 

Curious if Conrad will first seriously date new ER doc or Billie. Hoping Billie pulls in AJ for support soon. He’s formidable when helping. 

• Love 4

Awww they are going to make me hate Max Medina? Not okay writers!

Continuing to warm up to new ER/ICU doc. I’m sure she is Conrad’s new love interest and she has the whole mystery of her past. I don’t think the writers would go there with Conrad and Billie.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, preeya said:

I'm confused, how many times was Billie raped??

She said Trevor, her son, was the result of her being raped.

Trevor does not appear to be Caucasian, and it would be a very long stretch of the imagination to say Bob Porter, played by Scott Cohen fathered Trevor.

Agree. We really don't know Billie's full lineage, do we? Genes have a funny way of showing up down the line.

So they're handwaving Bell's MS, pretty much like I thought they would. They did mention he'd had steroids, a standard course of treatment to knock the immune system back when it's in overdrive, but I'm going to have to consult Dr. Google as to what an "immune-suppressant pulse" is. 

My first thought about the ER doc is Witness Protection, but they should have given her a backstory as part of her new identity. Although I suppose she finds saying nothing easier than keeping track of what fictions she's told to everybody.

As far as Porter being the father of Billie's son...yeah, that's a stretch, show.

I thought it was incredibly stupid of the new doc to go into the woods, in the dark, alone.  She was lucky that poor, homeless guy wasn't a killer.   Those heavy eyebrows of hers don't do her any favors.

I don't know if the obese actress was wearing any padding, or if that's her real body.  If so, I thought it was brave of her to be on the show and discuss the issues concerning obesity.  I also liked how she and AJ came to an understanding, and how she was joking with the docs before she went into the OR.  

I don't care about Bell or Billie and their stories.

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, MsTree said:

Agree. We really don't know Billie's full lineage, do we? Genes have a funny way of showing up down the line.

I think Billie’s look is very ethnically ambiguous. Trevor’s, too. Genetics are very surprising sometimes, so even if the bad doctor doesn’t look like he could be the father, I’m sure he is. Billie couldn’t have been impregnated twice when she was raped at 13.

I liked the storyline with the obese actress, and A.J. was right about the harsh truth being necessary for her health.

I didn’t love the storyline with the little girl, although I think she was a good actress. 

I agree that they’re setting up Conrad to be with the new dr or else with Billie.  I don’t look forward to either scenario.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Arkay said:

I agree that they’re setting up Conrad to be with the new dr or else with Billie.  I don’t look forward to either scenario.

I've been kind of "meh" on all the love options they've presented this season, I guess, including the nurses and the daycare worker. I don't really like them even just as characters. I miss Nic and Mina, and they haven't presented anyone yet who can take the place of either of them.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Arkay said:

I think Billie’s look is very ethnically ambiguous. Trevor’s, too. Genetics are very surprising sometimes, so even if the bad doctor doesn’t look like he could be the father, I’m sure he is. Billie couldn’t have been impregnated twice when she was raped at 13.

OK. From IMDB, Billie's (Jessica Lucas) bio states her father is Afro-Canadian.

Therefore, Scott Cohen (Porter) could and will be the father.

Edited by preeya
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Arkay said:

Agreed. I think Billie looks like she is the right ethnicity to be Trevor's mother, regardless of who the father is. But I am sure it is this creepy guy.

Also, Trevor is obviously going to hear about her testifying and figure out he is the product of rape. Maybe then he'll even come forward as proof to help take the guy down? 

• Love 4

How soon before Trevor finds out the truth about his father and the full extent of what happened? He is the living proof and we know there’ll be a pivotal moment for Trevor to play a big part in this Billie/Robert Porter situation. Just get it done pls.

Conrad is playing white knight with Scout (which is lovely to watch) and trying to with Cade (which is ugh 😴).

Why Bell went to Billie for a letter of recommendation? It’s a bit contrived don’t you think?

Hey Roxie, I like Dr. Haircut too, he’s adorable and so compassionate… 😍😝

• Love 4
On 2/8/2022 at 9:41 PM, preeya said:

It actually isn't. Billie is at least half black. Skin color is not something that you mix in a bowl and see what will come out. It goes deeper. My grandfather was black, my nickname in middle school was "show white". One of my brothers is almost transparent, so white he is. The other has a dark skin. My father had dark skin, two of his sisters were very white looking. 

I don't know why they threw the little girl's story, maybe just to set up something with the nurse and Conrad, but it more or less worked for me. Except that the resolution was really lukewarm for all the expectation.

AJ continues to annoy. 

I watch the show because I have a soft spot for Bruce Greenwood, then they bring in another one I have a soft spot for - Scott Cohen - and I have to say the episode was really enjoyable. 

I also think the obesity plot was well done enough, better than it could have been. No big mess up. It seemed a little rushed though but maybe it is because there is too much to cover 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, circumvent said:

It actually isn't. Billie is at least half black. Skin color is not something that you mix in a bowl and see what will come out. It goes deeper. My grandfather was black, my nickname in middle school was "show white". One of my brothers is almost transparent, so white he is. The other has a dark skin. My father had dark skin, two of his sisters were very white looking. 

See above. After further investigation I posted this ↓ which validates the fact that Trevor could be the progeny of Billie & Porter.

"OK. From IMDB, Billie's (Jessica Lucas) bio states her father is Afro-Canadian.

Therefore, Scott Cohen (Porter) could and will be the father."

• Love 1
16 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Why Bell went to Billie for a letter of recommendation? It’s a bit contrived don’t you think?

Because the writers are too lazy and lack creativity to come up with a way to make Billie go after Porter? 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, vibeology said:

She's his boss. 

8 hours ago, circumvent said:

Because the writers are too lazy and lack creativity to come up with a way to make Billie go after Porter? 

If he truly retired, she's no longer his boss. On the other hand he would get more clout if Kit Voss the CEO had written him a recommendation. So yes, it is likely a writer's ploy to get Billie into the arena with Porter.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, preeya said:

If he truly retired, she's no longer his boss. On the other hand he would get more clout if Kit Voss the CEO had written him a recommendation. So yes, it is likely a writer's ploy to get Billie into the arena with Porter.

Even if he retired, she WAS his boss so it still makes sense to use her for a recommendation. Kit Voss may be CEO but she is also his girlfriend, so that is a clear bias/conflict of interest.

Granted, if Billie is testifying against Porter, her recommendation for Bell may not seem like such a big deal. Obviously she recommends whoever is opposite the guy she is saying raped her at age 13.

• Love 1

1. With the letter of rec - who's to say Bell isn't getting letters from both his girlfriend and his previous supervisor?

2. Why isn't Bell thinking about going into teaching? He had a talk show for a bit, why not try to teach?

3. I don't hate Cade has much as everyone else, but she definitely needs to be worked on. She has the workings of a great character, though (but she'll won't be as good as the doctor introduced this season on New Amsterdam)

I liked both patients in the episode - but I was wondering why they didn't do a full physical examination of lightning girl to find that very distinct marking on her neck. Also, was she sitting on the car or something? Since if both of them were in the car at the time, the tires would ground it.

Edited by bros402

I don’t kid Cade. I think they’re pushing her brilliant mess as a doctor a bit but I’m just relieved they didn’t introduce her as the bad ass chip on her shoulder who butts heads with everyone. 

id like to see her interact with the other characters a bit. Her interaction with Conrad only limits her presence to potential love interest.