Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Love in Paradise

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

I think this episode should be titled:  They said yes, why?

I really loved how Sal asked Mallory if he could kiss her the next day.  Completely opposite to how so many of these couples go into the kiss while they're still digesting who is across from them.  Or grabbing their ass but at least Deeps seemed to really like that.

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
17 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I think this episode should be titled:  They said yes, why?

I really loved how Sal asked Mallory if he could kiss her the next day.  Completely opposite to how so many of these couples go into the kiss while they're still digesting who is across from them.  Or grabbing their ass but at least Deeps seemed to really like that.

Well he told Deep that was what he was wanted to do. So, it was no surprise or issue for her.

And the kissing...they have all this built up excitement and emotions involved. Of course, they are going in for a kiss. If one objects, I get it. But, it's a pretty natural reaction to go in for the kiss under the circumstances.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

And the kissing...they have all this built up excitement and emotions involved. Of course, they are going in for a kiss. If one objects, I get it. But, it's a pretty natural reaction to go in for the kiss under the circumstances.

Sure.  But I still liked that he asked.

• Love 9

Shayne and Shaina puzzle me. if he is so happy with Natalie why was he acting all dramatic about Shaina?  He is so damn extra.

Welp, Jarette squandered all the good vibes I had for him from the fist ep.  It is clear he wanted Mallory and Iyanna was his consolation prize to himself.  She doesn't deserve that.  And yeah, he was upfront about it but I can't imagine what Iyanna would feel watching this and seeing how he reacted to Mallory.  Naw, more red flags. But dammit, they had one of the cutest first in person meets. Mainly because of her.

Mallory meanwhile and Sal.  Yeah, I am now wondering if they will last too?  They outright admitted that the 'physical connection' wasn't quite there.  I assume if it goes like S1 the couples will meet up. I wonder what she and Jarrette will think about when they see each other? 

Kyle and Shaina were giving me Mark/Jessica vibes from the moment they met in person.  Her reservations were flashing like strobe lights.  What should have been a happy, relieved, giddy meeting she immediately blew cold air on that.  And then again in Mexcio.  Wow, she ate and then bounced.  Even his talking heads he seems like  Mark who could not see the signs.  Even so I was surpised to see her bounce in the end.  Yikes.

• Like 1
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, snarts said:

Actually surprised that Shaina left before the group cocktail event, I would have pegged as someone who lives for the drama and would want to make Shayne uncomfortable.

Same, same, same. She must have been so massively repulsed by Kyle that she couldn't even wait another day to GTFO of there.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, snarts said:

Actually surprised that Shaina left before the group cocktail event, I would have pegged as someone who lives for the drama and would want to make Shayne uncomfortable.

I wonder if production told her there wasn't a second room for her to go to.  It was either share the room with Sal or leave.

• Useful 8
  • Love 1

Episode 3 was so much better than Episode 2.  I don't even remember all that happened, it felt like everything did.

The last couple (Jarrett and Iyanna) had me smiling and smiling.

I'm very attracted to Jarrett, I'm happy for them.

I'm very attracted to Kyle's personality and how he smiles but like....... oh boy.  What is he thinking.  

Did Shayna really still not admit what she did to Kyle yet, how she tried a last ditch effort to get with Shayne?  What scum.

-------

Mexico

That last ten minutes.  HAHahhaha.  Deepti and Shake constantly sound like they're protesting too much.  Who are they trying to sell this couple on?  Each other?  Us?!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
On 2/12/2022 at 6:16 PM, DearEvette said:

Mallory meanwhile and Sal.  Yeah, I am now wondering if they will last too?  They outright admitted that the 'physical connection' wasn't quite there.

I was so surprised because I think Sal is a good-looking guy, but the physical reservations seem to be on her part for him.

On 2/2/2022 at 11:01 AM, JTMacc99 said:

After an unexpected admission, Shayne proposes — but to whom? 

Still hoping that Natalie comes to her senses about Shayne and dumps him.  I wondered even during the pod times about the possibility of Natalie not being as into physicalness as he is.  I genuinely could see him and Shaina together.

• Love 5

I only like Jarrett and Iyanna and Danielle and Nick. The rest suck and I will be shocked if they stay together. Bummer - looks like there is no Lauren and Cam this time around, just a bunch of GiGi and Damiens, or worse, Amber and Barnetts.......

• Like 1
  • Love 6

While both Sal & Kyle are attractive they're quite slight and maybe a little short (hard to tell sometimes).

I know I'm not physically attracted to small men, and no amount of personality makes up for that lack of zing.  I do realize we're all the same height in bed but it takes some interest to get me there. 

I still think Shaina is an idiot but I can't fault her (or Mallory or Shake even) if they're just not sexually attracted to their partners. It happens, just wish they were more honest with them.

• Love 3

Omg Kyle, SHE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU

Also, if Shaina truly leaves then I respect her for that. The differences between her and Kyle are too great. They'll never work together and someone needs to say it and end it sooner rather than later.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, P2C2E said:

Omg Kyle, SHE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU

Also, if Shaina truly leaves then I respect her for that. The differences between her and Kyle are too great. They'll never work together and someone needs to say it and end it sooner rather than later.

She really pressured someone who is a vegetarian into eating meat, and he sure didn't need much convincing. . . . .

I think it was him being a vegetarian that really sealed it for her.  Once she saw that plate of vegetables she was out.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Kyle is delusional. He's not someone I'd be super attracted to but he has a gorgeous smile. Also, he seems like a nice guy and I could easily find him attractive if our personalities meshed. 

Jarrete and Iyana are my favorite too. Mallory is going to change her mind I bet when she sees him. 

• Love 4

Yikes, this show is definitely that train wreck that you can't look away from....just so much yikes. 

Shayne and Natalie......I feel so much apprehension for Natalie, because unless she does a full 360 later on (which is totally possible), she seems such s a sweet, genuine person who does not at all deserve the shitstorm of drama and heartbreak that she is probably going to have flung her way if she goes thru with marring Shayne. I really hope that I am wrong for her sake but its unlikely. 

Lyanna and Jarrette....no, just no. Not cool at all. These people go into this all, I need to find that one person who I have the strongest connection to and that I can see spending the rest of my life with. Then you go and propose to one girl have a whole meltdown when she says no and then decide well, I did kind of like this other girl too so I guess I'll go ahead and propose to her now. Nope, there is no going back from that. Lyanna is also one that I feel so bad for because she also seems so nice and deserve way better than being someone's 2nd choice. 

Mallory and Sal......Mallory's body language was so awkward and cringe the moment that her and Sal met. I think Mallory is the type of girl show has a very specific like and unfortunately Sal is just not it (which is annoying because people that know they are only attracted to a certain type should not go on shows where you can't see the person you end up with). I do find it interesting that this show exposes just how superficial these people are, like when Natalie said that she didn't care what Shayne was going to look lie, I could totally believe it, but Mallory is clearly more superficial than that. 

Kyle and Shaina are just every kind of wrong.....sadly they will probably be around until the end. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

The male talent this season is so underwhelming they're fortunate for the pods. 

I mean, I don't think Jarette is cute in the face, but his features are proportional, and so is his body and they are proportional to each other, so I guess that puts him out in front.  

And I liked his personality.  Until he decided to tell Lyanna about his disappointment with Mallory.  That was just unneccessary and real a-hole thing to do.   An "I want comfort for my disappointment and you'll listen to me" move instead of "I'm thinking of you because I care about you," move.  

She brought Mallory up, but he could and should have left it at, "Yeah, we did have a connection, but I think I've figured some things out and am ready to move away from that."

• Like 1
  • Love 3