Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E04: Bliss, Brunches, and Brawls...Oh My!

• Start Topic

On 1/28/2022 at 9:06 AM, DrewPaul2010 said:

On the looks scale she is about 8 or 9. Chris is about a 5-6. She's thin, beautiful blue eyes and perfect teeth.

She is a 6, tops.  Maybe 6.5. Have you seen her with no makeup?  And she has no chin, but at the same time a double chin.  Maybe its because I live in LA.  I am not saying Chris' looks are amazing, but at least he is a nice guy, and can get nice teeth anytime he feels like it.

• Love 11
On 1/28/2022 at 3:05 PM, Sasquatch said:

I don’t for one second think Olajawon is innocent in the altercation with Lindsay. I think the truth lies in the middle. 
I was multitasking during the show so I may be wrong but did Mark say his mother is mentally ill and is institutionalized? He says that there were several times she could come home but never made it out. Where’s “ home” would it be with Mark?

Why does the truth have to lie somewhere in the middle?  Why cant one person be right and the other person be wrong? MTS backed up O's version.  End of story.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

He told me he would rather be broke than work for his asshole boss destroyed his health.  He would be happier being broke.

That's fine, but Steve wants to be married right now, and wants to have kids.  When he was single, taking off on a driving trip to Florida because he didn't have to work to make ends meet was possible, and maybe even a good idea.  If it didn't work out, he'd be the only one affected.

But if he wants to have kids, he really should choose not being broke over being broke, even if it makes him less "happy."  He doesn't have to be a wage slave, but he needs to think about the future, both immediate and long-term, more than Single Childless Steve has to.

• Love 10
18 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

She is a 6, tops.  Maybe 6.5. Have you seen her with no makeup?  And she has no chin, but at the same time a double chin.  Maybe its because I live in LA.  I am not saying Chris' looks are amazing, but at least he is a nice guy, and can get nice teeth anytime he feels like it.

Well, good luck to her.  She might be a looker, but has no heart.  They could have at least talked it out and had a good time as friends.  She didn’t have to humiliate him like that.  I’m sure he’ll have a load of women at his door, and she will not have any men interested in her for a long time, I hope.  She’ll use the other nine dresses until she’s old, one by one.  Ten dresses, ten divorces.  I just knew they were meant for something.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

That's fine, but Steve wants to be married right now, and wants to have kids.  When he was single, taking off on a driving trip to Florida because he didn't have to work to make ends meet was possible, and maybe even a good idea.  If it didn't work out, he'd be the only one affected.

But if he wants to have kids, he really should choose not being broke over being broke, even if it makes him less "happy."  He doesn't have to be a wage slave, but he needs to think about the future, both immediate and long-term, more than Single Childless Steve has to.

He's not broke. We don't know what severance pay he got and he freelances. People keep ignoring all the facts to paint him as a broke loser. 

This is such a non issue to me. He's not going to get job right now while he just got married and is filming the show. He might as well wait and work on the actual marriage first.

On another note, looks are subjective but Alyssa being a 9 or a 10 is laughable to me. She really isn't all that pretty in the face. Katina and especially Jasmina are in that category. Alyssa doesn't even come close. Her stank ass personality puts her on par with Chris.

On 1/30/2022 at 1:03 PM, bichonblitz said:

It's only an issue if the person he married thinks it is. She talked about it several times already and it's only the honeymoon. It sounds like an issue. 

Because she's being interviewed about the same thing over and over and they literally have no other issues so that plot point for them will be brought up over and over.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Why do they have to have kids immediately?  Steve busted his ass for his company and was loyal, and what did he get in return? Laid off? Maybe Steve doesnt want to go through that again and want to take care of himself for a change. Life is not about working.  Its about living. Many people have had it and are not taking it anymore.  I know people who have quit by ghosting their bosses. You cant say companies dont deserve this after the way they treated employees for decades as disposable assets.  Even people working at Taco Bell aren't putting up with the shit anymore.

https://hbr.org/2021/09/who-is-driving-the-great-resignation

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I heard that he got unemployment and covid money, but I didn't know about the severance pay.  That does change the picture a bit.  Any idea how much?

We don't know, we're just speculating. He seems to have a good track record in employment based on his LinkedIn profile, and normally those type of jobs would come with some sort of severance pay. I imagine he got a decent chunk in order to finance his road trip. I definitely don't blame him for wanting to take some time away before plotting his next move. Everything is so fluid and changing these days, and maybe he'll decide that working independently is the best move. Crap, my oldest son works for a large retail business as a team leader, and the other day some corporate managers showed up out of the blue and said, "We need to fire three team leaders today." He escaped being let go, but now he has more responsibilities because he has to take over some of their work. He's thinking of dropping down to part-time. It's brutal out there.

2 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Alyssa doesn't even come close. Her stank ass personality puts her on par with Chris.

I am wiht

45 minutes ago, gingerandcloves said:

We don't know, we're just speculating. He seems to have a good track record in employment based on his LinkedIn profile, and normally those type of jobs would come with some sort of severance pay. I imagine he got a decent chunk in order to finance his road trip. I definitely don't blame him for wanting to take some time away before plotting his next move. Everything is so fluid and changing these days, and maybe he'll decide that working independently is the best move. Crap, my oldest son works for a large retail business as a team leader, and the other day some corporate managers showed up out of the blue and said, "We need to fire three team leaders today." He escaped being let go, but now he has more responsibilities because he has to take over some of their work. He's thinking of dropping down to part-time. It's brutal out there.

There are so many stories like this out there. In 2020, I started a job, and when I went into the office, nobody was wearing masks and this dude was coughing in my face. Then the CEO was a big asshole who like to humiliate people in meetings.  So 3 days later I quit.  I was supposed to lead a meeting that day but called in the resignation in the morning. And nobody is tolerating the bullshit office politics anymore either.  They would rather zoom in and not deal with their control-freak boss. Steve will be fine.  COVID made him think hard and now he seems like he wants to do things differently.  Slaving at the office only to get laid off because the company needed its stock to go up 5 cents so the CEO can make her bonus, doesnt sound that great.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Racj82 said:

On another note, looks are subjective but Alyssa being a 9 or a 10 is laughable to me. She really isn't all that pretty in the face. Katina and especially Jasmina are in that category. Alyssa doesn't even come close. Her stank ass personality puts her on par with Chris.

Jasmina is one of the most beautiful women to be on this show, in my opinion. Alyssa is nowhere near her in terms of looks and the more I see of her and her asshole personality, the worse she looks. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Was it mentioned on the show that Steve freelances? I don't recall hearing it.

It was mentioned by him at some point that he freelances. I listen to the bald and beautiful podcast and they were calling the show for making it look like he makes no money at all. Beyond that we don't know what he gets in unemployment or what he got on his way out.

Either way, I'm sure he's far from broke. Before they go further in terms of talking a out kids, etc. That is something he needs to fix. In the current situation, imo, trying to start a new job on top of this would just be too much. It's better that he waited. It's not like he is someone that would struggle that hard to find another job. 

If he firmly states he never wants to work again, that is a whole other can of worms.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Racj82 said:

He's not broke. We don't know what severance pay he got and he freelances. People keep ignoring all the facts to paint him as a broke loser. 

This is such a non issue to me. He's not going to get job right now while he just got married and is filming the show. He might as well wait and work on the actual marriage first.

Because she's being interviewed about the same thing over and over and they literally have no other issues so that plot point for them will be brought up over and over.

I’m sure Steve is not a dirtbag and knows what he’s doing.  That trip down south in his car cost peanuts.  I’m sure he has money and is ready for a wife and family.

• Love 2
On 1/31/2022 at 10:37 PM, Gator Stud said:

Looks .. schmooks.  She is a mean girl.  Those “friends” at her wedding were probably planted there from production.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 5
On 1/28/2022 at 9:43 AM, Lindz said:

Absolutely! Such a punk! I wish Olaj would've said what he said in front of her. I wish Keshia would've asked Alyssa WHY she's projecting her past relationship onto her new marriage to sabotage it mere HOURS into the marriage. Ask her how intentional her sabotage was. Ask her if she wanted a divorce. She's such a politician, she answers NOTHING directly. She was asked if she was attracted to him, she answered he wasn't her type. Chris said he was paired with someone with zero interest in trying & she responded she didn't know what was going to happen that week. He should've asked how she will try at the marriage, his statements are pretty useless. I wish someone would just tell her they see right through her & know what she's doing, will she just admit it to end the game?!!! 😅😂

And HIM.  Isn’t he smart enough to see she’s just not into him, and quit pussyfooting around her?  She doesnt like your looks.  Now go and have a good time by yourself or with the guys.  Ignore her.  Or does someone need to hit you over the head with a hammer?  One of the “ experts” should tell him she doesn’t like him.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

And HIM.  Isn’t he smart enough to see she’s just not into him, and quit pussyfooting around her?  She doesnt like your looks.  Now go and have a good time by yourself or with the guys.  Ignore her.  Or does someone need to hit you over the head with a hammer?  One of the “ experts” should tell him she doesn’t like him.

He really just seems to be trying to at least be pleasant and communicate with her. I'm not going to fault him for that.

Also, he's under the illusion that he or is friends did or said something to piss her off. He rightfully doesn't think she's not attracted to him yet because she hasn't said that. She's says everything else but that.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Racj82 said:

He really just seems to be trying to at least be pleasant and communicate with her. I'm not going to fault him for that.

Also, he's under the illusion that he or is friends did or said something to piss her off. He rightfully doesn't think she's not attracted to him yet because she hasn't said that. She's says everything else but that.

The body language was obvious.  I know within 30 seconds if a girl is not into me, even if she has agreed to go out on a date with me.

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, Racj82 said:

She’s done and said everything to let him know she doesn’t want him.  If she says the truth “I don’t like your looks”, everyone will hate her, and she doesn’t want that.  Going to another room, walking out on him.  How much more does he need?  Maybe he’s looking for a 180.

On 1/31/2022 at 10:37 PM, Gator Stud said:

I still can’t believe someone said Alyssa is an 8-9 on a scale of 1-10. I guess beauty is truly in the eyes of the beholder. Yikes. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Airy2021 said:

I still can’t believe someone said Alyssa is an 8-9 on a scale of 1-10. I guess beauty is truly in the eyes of the beholder. Yikes. 

I think everyone has their good points, but IMO Alyssa is the least attractive of the brides this season. She's not ugly, but her personality definitely doesn't improve her looks, and knowing that she has a lot of fillers and Botox doesn't help either. Objectively, she's pretty, but I don't think she will age well, and that's not me just being catty.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, gingerandcloves said:

I think everyone has their good points, but IMO Alyssa is the least attractive of the brides this season. She's not ugly, but her personality definitely doesn't improve her looks, and knowing that she has a lot of fillers and Botox doesn't help either. Objectively, she's pretty, but I don't think she will age well, and that's not me just being catty.

I agree and she isn’t pretty enough for anyone to put up with that level of bitchiness. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I agree and she isn’t pretty enough for anyone to put up with that level of bitchiness. 

IMO nobody is, and it's why I think the Hollywood divorce rate is as bad as it is.

• Love 1

I forgot Jasmina wore her mask below her nose on the bus from the airport. Gross. I wonder how Michael felt about being paired with one of those fools. I couldn't be. 😅 Must be embarrassing & uncomfortable.

I don’t care whether Alyssa is a 1, 6 or 10 (and giving people ranked numbers on their appearance is really demeaning). And if someone goes on the show and is completely turned off by their match to the point where they feel it won’t work, I can understand that. The issue for me with Alyssa is that from what we’ve repeatedly seen, she is really nasty, selfish and cruel about it. 

Edited by Cramps
  • Love 5
On 1/29/2022 at 8:01 AM, Booger666 said:

She’s a 6 who goes to a 7, maybe 7.5 with a ton of makeup, hair extensions, false eyelashes, and according to Reddit lots of professional help and injectables.

It’s gone. Darn it!

10 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

It’s gone. Darn it!

IIRC she had lip fillers, fillers for under eye bags, Botox, teeth whitening, and something with cheeks and chin(s).  There were multiple pics showing the before and after for all the different procedures.  

• Useful 2