Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Lyin' Eyes

• Start Topic

Prince instructs the trading floor on a new play but is met with skepticism. Taylor and Wendy try to nail down Prince's intentions, while Wags struggles to hide a conflict of interest. Meanwhile, Chuck decides to go after the entire billionaire class, first tackling the plight of the New York City doormen.

Original air date 2022.01.30

So the first episode of season 6, Prince talked about income inequality and only having good "billies" on the Prince List.

This episode Chuck says he's going after billies, willing to double cross that guy Bud what's his name, a real caricature of a rich fat cat who likes to stomp on the downtrodden.

Strange, this show the first 5 seasons was a celebration of "billies" but now they are a moral affront of some kind?

Prince wants to get back with his ex.  Last season Prince had two grown daughters whom he let run a big business pitch.  So the other of two adult daughters is a still spry 40-something athletic woman?  Or he met the love of his life AFTER he met the mother of his daughters?

Chuck leaves the farm after deciding his next big project is going after the billies.  Certainly a way to get his name back in the news but why?  He butts in on the doormen union negotiations.  The landlords haven't done anything wrong, just underpay the doormen.  So as AG, he really has no legal justification for getting involved.  But he manages to convince the doormen to let him negotiate for them and decides they should get 5% instead of the 2% they'd have been happy with.  And he threatens the union into going on strike by threatening to go after their tips and bonuses.

Turns out he's not happy with just winning 5%, though he has to blackmail Bud to do it.  Instead he wants to pick a bigger fight with all the rich in Manhattan, get bigger headlines.

Yeah good luck with that.  When you have a state-wide position, you're angling for bigger seats like governor or senator and after that, national aspirations.  For all those moves, you need money and backing from those same "billies" that Chuck seems to be picking a fight with.

Prince wants to take down a company using slave Uyghur labor in China.  He orchestrates a social media campaign, like famous athletes burning their sportswear.  Stock price drops.

But turns out that Wags is buddy with the exploitative owner of the company, because he wants to play pretend rock star in a fake Eagles band.  Probably not a tribute band either because unlike other musicians who aren't famous, these are millionaires just playing out their fantasies, not struggling artists who have to be good and earn a living playing music.

Pretty lame.

Wags likes the lame band that much that he's wiling to rescue the company even if it screws up Prince's strategy.  But when faced with losing his golden parachute, Wags shivs his bandmate buddy by revealing that he took money from Kim Jung Un.

Not unexpected, fluid ethics from Wags.

Taylor believes Prince is about more than making money, about trying to profit ethically, make the world a better place.  Wendy is skeptical, suspects it's something to do with the ex-wife -- she's right about the wife of course.

But when did these two care about ethics when they were taking their hefty compensation packages from Axe?

You'd think Axe's former employees would scoff and sneer at Prince's appeals to reduce income inequality or even to take down a bad actor.

The NYC Olympics plan that Prince reveals may only be for the ex.  It's not some ethical play, probably looking to make a big profit on it somehow.  Not even sure the ex would like the idea of waiting 6 years more.  She's not a spring chicken,  may not give a F about sports by then.

But when are Prince and Chuck going to really clash?  Prince says he doesn't break laws so Chuck shouldn't have any reason to go after him.  The way Chuck was talking in this episode though, Prince being rich is reason enough for Chuck to hate him?

Didn't like the episode. Pretentiously trying to weave together a unitary goal of making money, egalitarianism and getting your wife back is absurd. Prince's #2 is a foppish little twerp. Wendy tries to psychoanalyze someone who comes in to deal with blatant insubordination. And everyone speaks in metaphors, a sign of a rookie writer taking the lead and trying to impress someone. And the odds of the A.G. speaking on behalf of a union, not to mention an absolutely miniscule relic of a union, just would never happen.

Pretentious, not fun and gritty like Ax. 

Edited by Blundig
  • Love 3

So this is all about getting his wife back. I wonder what number she is. I’d love it if she was like number five. I doubt it though. She’s a climbing coach? I didn’t even know that was in the Olympics. I like Piper Perabo fine, but there was no chemistry there. Not a promising start for her character if their relationship is supposed to be carrying the emotional weight of the storyline. I figure I probably also wasn’t supposed to see Prince as controlling either. He did exactly what she accused him of doing, and she should keep walking.

Wendy’s eye roll at Wags’ drama before dragging him in front of Prince was my favorite part. I didn’t feel bad for Wags or his idiot friend.

Interesting that Taylor not only wants to stay but is already getting on board the Prince train. Considering Wags is actively trying to be good, that just leaves Wendy resisting. Even she’s still doing her job. I think that’s part of my problem so far- those three have valid reasons to be hesitant to embrace Prince. There should be some emotional fallout with them too over losing Axe. But the show is undercutting all that to cheer on Prince. I don’t need it to work that hard to get me to like him. Hopefully Wendy at least stays skeptical and keeps her voice in Taylor’s ear. Recognizing that the obvious play happening in front of her was personal gain (the wife) rather than altruism is the kind of thing Wendy should be able to see and a lot more interesting than gathering everyone around Prince the Great.

I don’t get what they’re going for with Chuck. Am I supposed to be on his side? He doesn’t even pretend to truly be with the doormen. He was just using them and was happy to threaten them to get his way. Right now it seems that I am supposed to be rooting for the silver spoon blue blood to take down the billionaire class, the star of which is self made, just because he feels like it today. Apparently also to help get his subordinate elected to congress. That’s ridiculous. I’ve hated Chuck for awhile, but at least he had a logical goal before.

I suppose it was nice to find out that Wendy tips well and isn’t raising assholes. How did they decide who got letters? Did she get one?

Edited by l star
  • Love 1

Am I the only one that noticed Prince’s wife talks to him like a life coach in the opening scene? She sounds just like Wendy.  I suspect this is foreshadowing. 

The only legitimate laugh I had was Chuck swimming out into ocean waving at his dad like an idiot while his father watched a wave barreling down on him, double ear infections.  Chuck Sr.  Forever thank God someone saved this man’s life

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, dmc said:

Am I the only one that noticed Prince’s wife talks to him like a life coach in the opening scene? She sounds just like Wendy.  I suspect this is foreshadowing. 

I noticed that immediately. My first reaction to the climbing scene was "Prince has a blonde, more athletic version of Wendy!" On the other hand, the two of them didn't have the chemistry that Axe and Wendy had, so I was surprised to hear that they used to be married and Prince is still in love with her. As far as which number wife she is, Piper Perabo is technically old enough to have children in their 20s (she's in her mid-40s), but the two daughters who were shown last season look nothing like her, so it's hard to say.

I didn't catch it, was the red-faced dude whom Chuck was blackmailing the one who had his doorman make sure his wife and mistress didn't cross paths? Is that what Chuck was threatening to expose?

Wags risking his job and $80M severance in order to secure his place in an Eagles cover band was so Wags. Thankfully he came to his senses just in time.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, dmc said:

Am I the only one that noticed Prince’s wife talks to him like a life coach in the opening scene?

The climbing scene? She is a climbing coach and that's how she talked to him because he was having trouble.

Maybe later we'll see conflict between her and Wendy, but it wouldn't be over Wendy's job. Ex-wife seems to be in a totally different place career-wise.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I noticed that immediately. My first reaction to the climbing scene was "Prince has a blonde, more athletic version of Wendy!" On the other hand, the two of them didn't have the chemistry that Axe and Wendy had, so I was surprised to hear that they used to be married and Prince is still in love with her. As far as which number wife she is, Piper Perabo is technically old enough to have children in their 20s (she's in her mid-40s), but the two daughters who were shown last season look nothing like her, so it's hard to say.

I didn't catch it, was the red-faced dude whom Chuck was blackmailing the one who had his doorman make sure his wife and mistress didn't cross paths? Is that what Chuck was threatening to expose?

Wags risking his job and $80M severance in order to secure his place in an Eagles cover band was so Wags. Thankfully he came to his senses just in time.

Yep she’s a blonde Wendy.  In the opening scene before I knew she was his wife I was like well no wonder why he doesn’t need a motivational coach, he’s got one.

39 minutes ago, Broderbits said:

The climbing scene? She is a climbing coach and that's how she talked to him because he was having trouble.

Maybe later we'll see conflict between her and Wendy, but it wouldn't be over Wendy's job. Ex-wife seems to be in a totally different place career-wise.

I climb, And I’ve definitely been assisted before and they don’t talk to you like that.  She’s talking him the way my therapist talks to me.  Visualize bullshit.  Fact my first thought before I found out that she was his wife was oh he has his own Wendy.  I’m not saying there’s going to be any conflict between her and Wendy.  I’m saying they’re similar types

Edited by dmc
  • Love 3

All those thin, blonde actresses look like Maria Bello to me.  Just a bland blend of blond.  Or is it blonde?  They should have gotten somebody more dynamic. 

I still love Wags.  And I haven't been able to get "Lyin' Eyes" out of my head all day.  Good thing it's one of my fave Eagles song. 

I kinda love that Chuck & Wendy share a house & a hotel suite for the sake of the kids.  And now Chuck has his farm for weekends.  So civilized.  

Kate is looking more & more like her real-life mama, Phylicia, every day.  I hope they give her some good stuff this season, she was so under-used last season and is capable of a lot more than just being Chuck's conscience. 

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, chocolatine said:

No. Chuck recorded him bribing the union president to end the strike.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, dmc said:

I climb, And I’ve definitely been assisted before and they don’t talk to you like that.  She’s talking him the way my therapist talks to me.

As I neither climb nor have a therapist, I happily defer to your greater knowledge 😄

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

I would need therapy TO climb.  Not such much a fear of heights but the fear of falling, screaming, and pinwheeling through the sky, to my death. 

Yep, climbing out of bed is as aspirational as I get.  

Lol

I actually suffer from anxiety so the focus that I need to climb is considered to be a displacement activity or a meditative exercise.  The idea is if you’re being present which for safety you need to be…it’s gives your brain a break.  

I’m aware of this sounds ludicrous and the thought of climbing and heights seems like it would give you more anxiety but it somehow works.  I run all the time too for same reason.  

So it looked to me like Prince’s wife had combined the therapy aspect and climbing into one activity.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, dmc said:

So it looked to me like Prince’s wife had combined the therapy aspect and climbing into one activity.  

I wonder if she treats all her clients that way or just Prince because they were close and she (presumably) knows him very well.

Why do all Wendy's explanations of behavior sound like Psychology 101 and hardly worthy of a million dollar salary?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Broderbits said:

Why do all Wendy's explanations of behavior sound like Psychology 101 and hardly worthy of a million dollar salary?

That's because they are. My problem with Wendy has always been that we're told how great she is (mostly by Axe) but all we're shown is a glorified HR lady who says "fuck" a lot when she wants to make a point. Her approach *might* work on some naive and sheltered people, but these traders are supposed to be savvy and sophisticated, so they should be able to see it for the BS that it is.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Broderbits said:

1 hour ago, dmc said:

YES ABOUT WENDY.  Every time she’s coaching someone…I think c’mon, how are these people falling for this?  The weirdest part about Wendy is her coaching is like a one off for most people.  Axe saw her continually but like Lara said before she exited, the results weren’t great.  But most people are in her office for like 15 mins and are fixed which is fiction 

6 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

That's because they are. My problem with Wendy has always been that we're told how great she is (mostly by Axe) but all we're shown is a glorified HR lady who says "fuck" a lot when she wants to make a point. Her approach *might* work on some naive and sheltered people, but these traders are supposed to be savvy and sophisticated, so they should be able to see it for the BS that it is.

Wendy' job is merely a device so that she interacts with Axe and Chuck regularly.

First the gimmick was to have this little triangle of the 3 characters.  So there was thing thing about where her loyalties lie and also Chuck spying on her laptop to get inside info. to use vs. Axe.

When she was on the outs with Axe they had her get another job ad she had some brief dalliance with the astronaut or something.

But they probably decided it can't work, to have three poles for the show:  Chuck and his office drama, Wendy doing her own thing, Axe and his office drama.  So they had her go back to Axe.

Another gimmick was that she was with the schlub Chuck.  Kopplemen used to boast that NBA players lusted after Maggie Siff.  So they went with that for awhile and went to pains to establish how they have this deep bond.  They blew it up eventually, with Wendy deciding she no longer was interested in BDSM play and that was a dealbreaker between them.

I wonder if cutthroat Wall Street uses coaches or staff psychiatrists or the show creators came up with it on their own.  It's such a bottom line oriented business that if an employee isn't producing, actually bringing in clients, money, etc. they don't get compensated well.  Bonuses are suppose to be the biggest part of finance compensation packages.  

Axe was generous with Wendy's compensation.  So the last season, when he finally admits he wanted her, is that suppose to show that how much he valued her role at Axe Capital was a charade, that he kept her on the job and paid her well because he wanted her?

Because Wendy would curse in front of the employees and basically give them orders like a drill sergeant or a hard-boiled coach.  But that's basically what Axe did most of the time, give them marching orders without swearing as much but being blunt with them in a colorful way.

She was basically doing her own version of Axe with the "coaching" she did with the employees.

• Love 1

Nobody calls Tiktok The Tok lol. How lame.

Princes sidekick annoys me. He speaks so annoyingly and he just sucks. He doesn’t talk like a normal person none of them do.

Makes no sense Wags is still employed at MPC.

Prince is still boring me. Am I supposed to care about him and his ex? Who cares. They are both annoying with their speeches.

I actually didn’t mind Chucks fight against the billionaires this episode. That guy was a total douche and 2% is a joke. I hate greedy fucks. Would someone pass a bribe that obviously on the street tho lol.

Wendy and her insights Meh.

He was fucked up but I miss Axe. Totally different vibe.

This show sucks.

10 hours ago, dmc said:

YES ABOUT WENDY.  Every time she’s coaching someone…I think c’mon, how are these people falling for this?  The weirdest part about Wendy is her coaching is like a one off for most people.  Axe saw her continually but like Lara said before she exited, the results weren’t great.  But most people are in her office for like 15 mins and are fixed which is fiction 

To be fair, a lot of coaching, particularly performance coaching, is stating the obvious in the right way, time and setting for the person being coached. If you want life changing insights, get therapy not performance coaching at work. That’s not her job. 

I feel like at this point, you either accept that in the show’s world, Wendy’s job is a crucial and valuable part of the culture and she excels at it or you don’t. I choose to so I don’t have a problem with her. I actually like her quite a bit. That’s seriously to each their own, but this debate never goes anywhere.

I always just assumed she saw everyone there regularly; we just don’t need to see every session. She’s talked in the past about ongoing issues and monitoring their performance and output. Taylor is the exception, but they are also not one of the trade bros living and dying on their performance each day. They are management now and like Wags, probably don’t have to see her all the time. 

8 hours ago, aghst said:

Wendy' job is merely a device so that she interacts with Axe and Chuck regularly.

First the gimmick was to have this little triangle of the 3 characters.  So there was thing thing about where her loyalties lie and also Chuck spying on her laptop to get inside info. to use vs. Axe.

When she was on the outs with Axe they had her get another job ad she had some brief dalliance with the astronaut or something.

But they probably decided it can't work, to have three poles for the show:  Chuck and his office drama, Wendy doing her own thing, Axe and his office drama.  So they had her go back to Axe.

Another gimmick was that she was with the schlub Chuck.  Kopplemen used to boast that NBA players lusted after Maggie Siff.  So they went with that for awhile and went to pains to establish how they have this deep bond.  They blew it up eventually, with Wendy deciding she no longer was interested in BDSM play and that was a dealbreaker between them.

I wonder if cutthroat Wall Street uses coaches or staff psychiatrists or the show creators came up with it on their own.  It's such a bottom line oriented business that if an employee isn't producing, actually bringing in clients, money, etc. they don't get compensated well.  Bonuses are suppose to be the biggest part of finance compensation packages.  

Axe was generous with Wendy's compensation.  So the last season, when he finally admits he wanted her, is that suppose to show that how much he valued her role at Axe Capital was a charade, that he kept her on the job and paid her well because he wanted her?

Because Wendy would curse in front of the employees and basically give them orders like a drill sergeant or a hard-boiled coach.  But that's basically what Axe did most of the time, give them marching orders without swearing as much but being blunt with them in a colorful way.

She was basically doing her own version of Axe with the "coaching" she did with the employees.

I agree the show was originally about the trio, so I think that is going to be part of the adjustment. Axe and Wendy grew Axe Cap together. They considered themselves partners more than boss/employee, and Wendy acted very much as another boss. So without him, where does that leave her? Wendy’s marriage has been a huge narrative point, even last season with the divorce. So Without that, where does that leave her story? I think the show is figuring that out. Right now she barely has as much story as one of the traders but hopefully that changes. 

I’m not sad that she’s not playing farmer with Chuck or being drug along on one of his stupid vendettas. I do want her to have a story though. I think her character is an important counter point to the big personalities and grand plans around her. I’m hoping she continues to be a source of friction for Prince. Someone needs to see more than his great guy act and since I think she’s the only one outside of the AG’s office who knows how he ‘won’ the firm, she makes sense. He screwed over the two most important men in her life. Plus now that Taylor came around, she’s the only one locked into a contract they don’t want. Prince is denying her freedom. Right now I think she’s as much a novelty to Prince as an asset, but I hope that shifts into her becoming more of the power player that she was before. 

I’ve seen that statement from Kopplemen before. I still find it and the pride with which he said it creepy and gross. I don’t know how Maggie Siff felt about it, but it’s not a compliment to me. 

Edited by l star
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, l star said:

To be fair, a lot of coaching, particularly performance coaching, is stating the obvious in the right way, time and setting for the person being coached. If you want life changing insights, get therapy not performance coaching at work. That’s not her job. 

I feel like at this point, you either accept that in the show’s world, Wendy’s job is a crucial and valuable part of the culture and she excels at it or you don’t. I choose to so I don’t have a problem with her. I actually like her quite a bit. That’s seriously to each their own, but this debate never goes anywhere.

I always just assumed she saw everyone there regularly; we just don’t need to see every session. She’s talked in the past about ongoing issues and monitoring their performance and output. Taylor is the exception, but they are also not one of the trade bros living and dying on their performance each day. They are management now and like Wags, probably don’t have to see her all the time. 

I agree the show was originally about the trio, so I think that is going to be part of the adjustment. Axe and Wendy grew Axe Cap together. They considered themselves partners more than boss/employee, and Wendy acted very much as another boss. So without him, where does that leave her? Wendy’s marriage has been a huge narrative point, even last season with the divorce. So Without that, where does that leave her story? I think the show is figuring that out. Right now she barely has as much story as one of the traders but hopefully that changes. 

I’m not sad that she’s not playing farmer with Chuck or being drug along on one of his stupid vendettas. I do want her to have a story though. I think her character is an important counter point to the big personalities and grand plans around her. I’m hoping she continues to be a source of friction for Prince. Someone needs to see more than his great guy act and since I think she’s the only one outside of the AG’s office who knows how he ‘won’ the firm, she makes sense. He screwed over the two most important men in her life. Plus now that Taylor came around, she’s the only one locked into a contract they don’t want. Prince is denying her freedom. Right now I think she’s as much a novelty to Prince as an asset, but I hope that shifts into her becoming more of the power player that she was before. 

I’ve seen that statement from Kopplemen before. I still find it and the pride with which he said it creepy and gross. I don’t know how Maggie Siff felt about it, but it’s not a compliment to me. 

Actually Wendy is a psychiatrist.  So her performance coaching is absolutely supposed to be based in psychiatry.  There are people who are not doctors that do performance coaching as well.

When Axe was there, Wendy was absolutely functioning as his doctor.  She is also functioning as a doctor for the staff.  Hence the whole patient confidentiality plot line where she almost lost her medical license. 

Also I don’t think I have seen a comment from anyone having a problem with her.  I think her job function to be fair is getting employees to a place where they are profitable to the company under the guise of “help”.  The problem is being profitable to the company doesn’t always mean encouraging things that are in their best interest.  But in general the stuff she says I usually find to be trite and obvious.  

I mean when Axe left, he lost his wife, company and almost lost his freedom. He still had the same issues with his father and control he started with.  So this the evidence the show has given us that she’s competent.

Edited by dmc
  • Love 1

Piper Perabo's getting around. She was just on this past season of Yellowstone.

I'm thinking Taylor is up to something, something beyond trying to figure out what Prince is up to.

Ditto comments upthread, I don't get an AG getting involved in negotiating on the side of a union. How would that be legal?

Surf, turf, and Glenlivet. Okay. Idle rich guy diet, ha ha.

What, she's Prince's estranged wife and he's doing all this to get her back? Ehhh. That'll likely be his downfall. 🙄

Why would you do a shady payoff out in the open like that? And why would you handle it personally instead of having an acolyte do it? Dumb billionaire.

I was left confused by Rian's reference to the Miles Davis Nonet and Bitches Brew (his landmark 1970 album). Those two things were not related beyond the presence of Davis. Is Dennis Miller one of Billions' writers? (He's probably the king of painfully obscure references, made to try to make himself look intellectually superior.)

So Prince wants to have the Olympics in NYC. Good luck with that. Don't most cities which have it usually end up losing tons of money?

UO I guess but thought Wags and his buddies actually did a pretty good cover of the Eagles.

I also read the reddit Billions subgroup so lol at the comment on this episode I've seen posted verbatim over here. For a second I thought I had deja vu. 😉

• Love 3
8 hours ago, dmc said:

The problem is being profitable to the company doesn’t always mean encouraging things that are in their best interest.

That's why it's a huge conflict of interest to have her be both the head of HR and anyone's "doctor." HR's job is to act in the best interest of the company. A doctor's job is to act in the best interest of the patient. We've seen Wendy choose the former with everyone but Axe, therefore she's an HR lady first and foremost, and the "doctor" title is just something the show throws around to give her gravitas, but it's never worked, IMO.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, chocolatine said:

That's why it's a huge conflict of interest to have her be both the head of HR and anyone's "doctor." HR's job is to act in the best interest of the company. A doctor's job is to act in the best interest of the patient. We've seen Wendy choose the former with everyone but Axe, therefore she's an HR lady first and foremost, and the "doctor" title is just something the show throws around to give her gravitas, but it's never worked, IMO.

And there you have it.  It's huge conflict of interest.  In addition, I can also remember her using things she learns about the staff to manipulate them for Axe which is a BIG NOPE.  

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

And why would you handle it personally instead of having an acolyte do it? Dumb billionaire.

You wouldn't.  You'd have the union guy show up at a neutral office and pick it up.  This is why this show is starting to border on the ridiculous.

Now he wants to get the Olympics for New York City?  The Olympic cities have already been selected through 2034, for crying out loud.  

• Love 2

Now he wants to get the Olympics for New York City?  The Olympic cities have already been selected through 2034, for crying out loud.  

The fan theory I've seen is that Prince is going to do some stuff to get one of the selected cities disqualified and then already have NYC ready to slide in as a replacement. Has that ever happened?

6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The fan theory I've seen is that Prince is going to do some stuff to get one of the selected cities disqualified and then already have NYC ready to slide in as a replacement. Has that ever happened?

In that case, other runner up cities should get first chance to be host rather than a brand new entrant...

• Useful 1

I believe previous Olympic bids were associated with bribing of IOC officials, not just outright money but wining and dining them, getting them prostitutes.

So maybe Prince will do something shady along those lines or getting them in compromising positions and blackmailing them, like Chuck blackmailing Buddy in this episode.

But that would be so against Prince's brand.  Maybe he will agonize over it but still do it and that's his downfall.

Though the way they established this character, he would just win the bid because he's convincing and good and a winning personality.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

OK, in 2 episodes now Wendy is wearing slacks to work instead of skirts or dresses. I don't remember her ever NOT showing her legs when she worked for Axe, but maybe that was just because I admired her dresses. 

Just like the show, a new designer found dirt on the Wardrobe Boss and forced a switch.... maybe these slacks are made in North Korea...

39 minutes ago, paigow said:

Just like the show, a new designer found dirt on the Wardrobe Boss and forced a switch.... maybe these slacks are made in North Korea...

I see she's wearing pants in Episode 3 as well. I'm just wondering if they're using this to indicate she has a different relationship with Prince than she had with Axe. I could just be reading something that isn't there, though.

2 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

I see she's wearing pants in Episode 3 as well. I'm just wondering if they're using this to indicate she has a different relationship with Prince than she had with Axe. I could just be reading something that isn't there, though.

I noticed this too! I think that could be it. I think it’s also being used to show how uncomfortable she is. She’s not staying by choice, she doesn’t trust Prince, Axe is gone, her job as she knew it is gone- everything is changing around her. I hope it doesn’t stay though. I liked her dresses too. 

• Love 1
On 2/1/2022 at 2:19 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

I was left confused by Rian's reference to the Miles Davis Nonet and Bitches Brew (his landmark 1970 album). Those two things were not related beyond the presence of Davis.

I also didn't get why she was trying to impress someone who dresses like a Mennonite Sunday school boy with the reference. Taylor ain't never gon' be no kind of cool.

• Like 1

After seeming sort of creepy, Prince is officially creepy now. His ex has to feel like a prisoner who can't escape, and who is afraid to try.

Meanwhile, Chuck has gone full populist.

I don't like either one of them. In fact, what does it mean now that I find Wags less offensive than either of them?