Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 1/24/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Look how many of those who auditioned for the spot ended up being complete dumpster fires. Katie Couric, Mehmet Oz, Mike RIchards, Aaron ROdgers....who did I miss? Yes I am so glad he didnt get the job. 

I see your point, but I don't think Katie Couric was a serious contender for the job. Thank goodness, because even as a guest host she annoyed me.

• Love 3

One of the expected candidates for scotus graduated from the U of SC law school. Her name escapes me. * Judge Jackson (Harvard) is probably the front runner though. 

* Michelle Childs.

Dang it, Whoopi, for shutting down the convo about Clarence Thomas’s wife. I’ve been waiting for this.

That was a weird segue Joy made during the convo about women self medicating during the pandemic. Asking what is better, a glass of wine or a cocktail, was a bit tone deaf.

What the heck, Sara?  You get 100 % of your dna from your parents. Where else would it come from?  The milkman?

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

What the heck, Sara?  You get 100 % of your dna from your parents. Where else would it come from?  The milkman?

I cringed so hard when she said that. Like, girl, did you never make a Punnett square in sixth grade biology class??

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, catlover79 said:

I see your point, but I don't think Katie Couric was a serious contender for the job. Thank goodness, because even as a guest host she annoyed me.

Ditto.  I always liked Katie, until she visited for her book. Then my thoughts changed and I guess I can say i was disappointed. Disillusioned?  That's a good word too.  I vote nay.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

She said something like she wasn't going to hand everything to her kids.  I'm sure her and Manny are paying for their kid's tuition.  Even being able to pay for Harvard Gabriel still had to have the grades to be accepted.

That's a separate conversation than the one I was referring to. I do agree though!

3 hours ago, atomic said:

I cringed so hard when she said that. Like, girl, did you never make a Punnett square in sixth grade biology class??

I could not figure out what she was trying to say.  Did she mean that only half of your child's personality is determined by genetics and the other half is just unique to your child?  Like a nature vs nurture thing?  I wish they had stopped to get some clarity on her comment because what she was saying didn't make sense.

• Love 2

Aside from being natural, what I appreciate about Lisa (and hope the new cohost can do), is that she brings up interesting perspectives on the actual topic at hand.

More often than not Whoopi condescendingly introduces a topic and immediately gives her opinion. Then it throws to another host who has to address what Whoopi tried to say. Only the surface (if even that) part of the topic is addressed. Lisa has a nice way of bringing things back to the ground.

She reminds me of when Meredith moderated.

• Love 10

With Mark Cuban not appearing for some reason, there was more time to fill and I'm glad the ladies filled it with a spirited Jeopardy discussion!! Joy and Steve got FJ right. Sunny honestly looked disgusted with Amy's explanation of why she didn't get FJ. 

Many, many thanks to Lily and Dov for sharing their story. I look forward to reading their book. 

• Love 7

I don't know...I think Sara might have misunderstood whatever it is that she read about DNA because I just googled it and ancestry.com says you get 50% DNA from each parent. Maybe she just didn't explain it well. It was funny because it looked like Sunny and Lisa didn't believe her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

I could not figure out what she was trying to say.  Did she mean that only half of your child's personality is determined by genetics and the other half is just unique to your child?  Like a nature vs nurture thing?  I wish they had stopped to get some clarity on her comment because what she was saying didn't make sense.

That's how I took it. I think she just misspoke. All the hosts have done it at some point. And yes some more than others lol

• Love 1

I came in a bit late but that was a good conversation about the scotus candidates.  Wish this was the regular panel.

Why does Christina Ricci get 2 segments and Carl Bernstein only one?

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 8

Today was the best show on top of a great week, no surprise with Ana there. I enjoyed Lisa mocking the kind of headlines this show receives, as well as Joy's tirade. Loved the discussion about the Supreme Court, and how the type of people who always balk at diversity of *any* kind dismiss it as "identity politics" as if their insinuation that only a White man could possibly be qualified isn't identity politics in and of itself. I felt Sunny's exhaustion over these kind of insinuations directed at every woman, every Black person, etc. no matter what the job or situation is. It's just veiled, incessant hatred. For someone to try to use the word "racism" as an attempt to block a Black woman from the Court... Just, incredible. Up is down, down is up.

I never did comment on yesterday's show; it's harder to think of things to say when you're enjoying everything. *shrug* Suffice it to say I was glad Mark Cuban wasn't there. Not only did it give more time to the ladies to talk with Lisa there, I don't care for those Shark Tank narcissists at all.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Rightside said:

Sara's makeup looks strange again today.

Can't they blend in the blusher??

I thought she looked good today.  Hair and outfit, best of all week. Imho.  She looked more comfortable

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

I came in a bit late but that was a good conversation about the scotus candidates.  Wish this was the regular panel.

Why does Christina Ricci get 2 segments and Carl Bernstein only one?

I noticed that too.  Did Sunny get anything in? Self lauds not counted.  Or split up the last segment and they both could answer one more question.  Or just chat.

• Love 1

This show is always better when Ana is on the panel.  She is a perfect blend of intelligence and humor. The Carl Bernstein interview was excellent. He expressed himself so eloquently and made so much sense.

• Love 10
32 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

Carl Bernstein needed more than one segment.  He makes so much sense and explains the "why" in a way that makes it easier to understand.  I wanted to hear more about how he started working in a news room.

I would have loved to hear more from him. I was today years old when I learned that he was once married to Nora Ephron - and her book (which was made into a movie), Heartburn, was based on their life together.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 1/25/2022 at 10:14 AM, catlover79 said:

Yep, just like everyone at Fox "News" and other people on public platforms I'd name but for board rules. No wonder we are where we are. 😧😰😥😢😭😡😡😡😡😡

I’ve only seen bits and pieces of his show but He’s no more dangerous than The Ladies of The View ,they too often spout misinformation, sew seeds of  intolerance and division. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, catlover79 said:

I would have loved to hear more from him. I was today years old when I learned that he was once married to Nora Ephron - and her book (which was made into a movie), Heartburn, was based on their life together.

I knew that and that movie is great.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Kenz said:

This show is always better when Ana is on the panel.  She is a perfect blend of intelligence and humor. The Carl Bernstein interview was excellent. He expressed himself so eloquently and made so much sense.

Ana is probably one of the funniest hosts the show has ever had. 

• Love 13
9 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Ana is probably one of the funniest hosts the show has ever had. 

High praise considering there are two professional comediennes at the table.  But I agree.  Ana is naturally funny.  She doesn't have to try.  She is quick and clever.

• Love 13

Supreme Court nominations - it is unfortunate that over the years nominations have become more and more partisan, instead of looking for people who demonstrate that they are well-versed in Constitutional law and able to make reasoned determinations for the most difficult cases. Nominations should be open to all candidates, including those of diverse backgrounds and who have different educational backgrounds. Narrowing the class of candidates before even exploring who is available seems like the obverse of "all white, Ivy League club members" and isn't more equitable.

• Love 2

The only thing I could think of during Sara's bizarre explanation of how DNA works is that she meant that you get half of your chromosomes from each parent, but don't exhibit all of both of their traits. You may get your father's eye colour and man hands, but your mother's hair colour and nose shape, while your sister gets your father's nose and hair colour and your mother's eye colour and dainty hands, making each of you unique. It is also why you can end up with traits that haven't been seen since your grandparents or farther back - when you get a recessive gene from both of your parents. Perhaps that is the "half" that Sara thinks are "all you", but they didn't spring out of nowhere, 100% of them were carried in your parents' DNA.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Question about Friday's show--which is saved in my DVR queue, but did Carl Bernstein talk about his relationship with famewhore/sellout Woodward? Do they speak?

I know, I know, watch for myself to find out, but I've been fighting a nasty head cold, which is weird, since I haven't left my flat in months. Well, okay, once, when I had to go get tested because my Nana, who I saw on New Year's tested positive (asymptomatic, she's fine now, but had it around Christmas when she had a sore throat and cough).

Stupid TheraFlu isn't working except to make my head full of cotton.

2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Question about Friday's show--which is saved in my DVR queue, but did Carl Bernstein talk about his relationship with famewhore/sellout Woodward? Do they speak?

I don't remember Woodward's name being brought up.

It was a good interview.  Worth watching.

• Love 3

Bernstein did speak about Woodward. I don’t remember exactly what he said but Joy asked him to compare Trump’s scandals to Watergate. Carl mentioned him in that context but otherwise no, nothing about their current relationship. 

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I know, I know, watch for myself to find out, but I've been fighting a nasty head cold, which is weird, since I haven't left my flat in months. Well, okay, once, when I had to go get tested because my Nana, who I saw on New Year's tested positive (asymptomatic, she's fine now, but had it around Christmas when she had a sore throat and cough).

Stupid TheraFlu isn't working except to make my head full of cotton.

I know what you mean Scorp, I'm feeling full of yuck

Myself.  Hope you feel better.

Carl Bernstein is a ROCK STAR. He definitely deserved two segments! I can’t believe the producers tried to wave him off with music! As if this was some Emmy speech that ran over the allotted time!🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 It was obvious he had more to say about how he got the job and I wanted to know and hear more!

BASTARDS.

Damn. Nothing about Woodward or if they still keep in touch. Just what phrase they coined during Watergate. Well, Carl is still the real journalist who still has integrity as far as I’m concerned.

But nooooo, Christine Ricci gets two segments instead.😒😒😒

• Love 5