Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

Didn’t Caroline retire like 2 years ago, eg the season BEFORE this was filmed?

I wonder if it’s just to be released on eg iTunes etc or or just Netflix only.

8 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

This is a Netflix only 

13 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

This is a Netflix only 

Annoying!! I don’t think it’s going to be on uk Netflix. If anything I don’t think I could watch on Netflix uk version if it’s not on there. Oh well

• Sad 1
10 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Annoying!! I don’t think it’s going to be on uk Netflix. If anything I don’t think I could watch on Netflix uk version if it’s not on there. Oh well

2FD64677-E809-4B16-8C91-5262FA3C9447.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
15 hours ago, ClassicPegg said:

There are three different ladies talking in this preview.  The first one sounds like Caroline and the last one sounds like Kelcey (correct me if I'm wrong.)  WHO is the middle voice?!    "Once that uniform comes on, all of the flaws and the problems go out the door..."      Thanks

Middle voice is. Victoria

2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

2FD64677-E809-4B16-8C91-5262FA3C9447.jpeg

Oh good, thanks didn’t see that LOL. Whoops. Guess I’ll go get some sleep now lol

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

That's what I thought as well!  It sounds like her, but it could easily be someone else.

On 5/25/2024 at 3:51 PM, StepKickClunk said:

She’s not a Gen-X’er raised on hose water like me.

I am totally stealing this 😂 

On 5/27/2024 at 4:20 AM, JarlenaFan2024 said:

Thanks! I've seen this :)

All you can do at this point is set a reminder.  You can't preview it or add it to your list yet.

• Like 1

Has anyone else thought that perhaps so many retired this year because they knew the show was coming out and that it might open more doors for them, (Becoming more famous) since it’s going to be shown globally versus the last show?

I’m really surprised Claire and Dani retired this year. 

• Like 1
Just now, TUOwl84 said:

Has anyone else thought that perhaps so many retired this year because they knew the show was coming out and that it might open more doors for them, (Becoming more famous) since it’s going to be shown globally versus the last show?

I’m really surprised Claire and Dani retired this year. 

Claire addressed the reasoning behind her retiring on her podcast today she was ready to have more time for family and friends she plans to stay in Dallas and continue to teach dance 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
5 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Claire addressed the reasoning behind her retiring on her podcast today she was ready to have more time for family and friends she plans to stay in Dallas and continue to teach dance 

Thanks. I don’t listen to her podcast. I don’t think any of them would openly admit that they retired because they feel the show may open more doors for them. But I believe it will. I could see Dani and Claire getting modeling opportunities, for example. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Jessica moved back to Austin and Jensen back to Cali. But It seems like a lot of the retirees are staying in Dallas for now.
Dani and Claire for sure. What about Darian, Elli, Kelcey? 
Kelcey I think is done, but I am suspicious that the rest that stayed in Dallas maybe are All Stars?

3 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Jessica moved back to Austin and Jensen back to Cali. But It seems like a lot of the retirees are staying in Dallas for now.
Dani and Claire for sure. What about Darian, Elli, Kelcey? 
Kelcey I think is done, but I am suspicious that the rest that stayed in Dallas maybe are All Stars?

Kelcey’s fiance moved his business to DFW so I think they would be staying there.  I would love to see Kelcey or Claire involved with DCC going forward.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

New promo!

OK, I'm ready for the show.  Good trailer.  Looks like some off the field stuff is included, maybe a more up close view of some of the ladies.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Thanks. I don’t listen to her podcast. I don’t think any of them would openly admit that they retired because they feel the show may open more doors for them. But I believe it will. I could see Dani and Claire getting modeling opportunities, for example. 

I agree. This is produced by the same people who did Cheer for Netflix and those people gained a huge following and lots of media attention. I could definitely see them planning to springboard off this platform.

(edited)
On 5/27/2024 at 4:45 PM, Holly85 said:

This is a Netflix 

On 5/27/2024 at 4:37 PM, Uk-Eve said:

She left at the end of last season.  Since her injuries were more severe than others and she was the most recent DCC, it makes sense to me why they used her situation to focus on one of the darker sides of pro cheerleading.

Edited by Christineelgene
Responded to the wrong post
  • Like 2
11 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

She left at the end of last season.  Since her injuries were more severe than others and she was the most recent DCC, it makes sense to me why they used her situation to focus on one of the darker sides of pro cheerleading.

From the trailer it also seems they cover Kelcey's unhinged fan/ at least one obsessed fan (with the airpod tracking on her car), so I definitely like how it's different from MTT and like you said, focusing on the darker sides! 

I still hope we learn a little about the rookies, though, and those vets we missed in the interim when MTT ended.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

✌️

Edited by StepKickClunk
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

For the handful of y'all that don't visit Reddit, there is a long thread about behind the scenes problems between Tina, Victoria, Armani, and Chandi this season. Major drama. Also shines some light on why Victoria retired instead of going for her 5th year as planned.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCCMakingtheTeam/comments/1d6pjil/sunday_realness_spoiler_and_drama_behind_the/

Crikey, not surprised that TK picked on two POC though (I've always got very bad vibes from her). Not to mention that they seem like two of the sweetest members of the team as well (from the outside looking in, anyway). TK really is vile. I hope Victoria can get away from her (she's been coddled her whole life and now she's an adult). She should finally move to New York away from her mother. I'm not saying VK is innocent in all this but her mother seems very obsessive and more fussed about being famous than her daughter.

• Like 3

Wow VK is almost unrecognizable in this footage.  Blonder and bigger, almost to the point of puffiness.  Is her health okay?   What was that reality show about mothers and daughters living through each other?  Maybe that is the show for TK and VK..

The show is called s’mothered

• Like 4
On 6/3/2024 at 11:58 AM, StellaCL said:

For the handful of y'all that don't visit Reddit, there is a long thread about behind the scenes problems between Tina, Victoria, Armani, and Chandi this season. Major drama. Also shines some light on why Victoria retired instead of going for her 5th year as planned.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCCMakingtheTeam/comments/1d6pjil/sunday_realness_spoiler_and_drama_behind_the/

I posted a while back about there being some strain between VK and Keli, VK was not at Sams bridal shower.  I wonder if this was the reason she wasn't there.  

11 minutes ago, erikaelvis said:

I posted a while back about there being some strain between VK and Keli, VK was not at Sams bridal shower.  I wonder if this was the reason she wasn't there.  

I heard Victoria couldn't make it because she was in NYC auditioning for the Rockettes and was cut in the first round. 

I believe she is still a bridesmaid. The wedding is this weekend in Mexico. Interesting wedding for sure.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)
25 minutes ago, erikaelvis said:

Vk wasn’t there because she was auditioning for the Rocketts 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 1
On 6/3/2024 at 11:58 AM, StellaCL said:

The post and the following comments are Definitely worth reading

• Like 2
On 6/3/2024 at 12:58 PM, StellaCL said:

WOW. If the new show doesn't showcase some of this drama, I will be SO let down! I second the above post saying reading the Reddit thread is worth it--my first Reddit rabbit hole! I feel so enlightened yet have so many new questions. Most of the questions are tied to: How much of this drama am I going to get to see? Will we see TK acting out? Will we see Chandi step up for Armani? Will we see Armani's mom? Will we see any conversation about this with Kelli and Judy? 

Another question about the show that is not driven by the Reddit news: Can someone tell me which 12 DCC were chosen to be featured on the show? I can tell from the preview and Reddit thread that VK (obvi), Armani, Reese, Kelsey, and Chandi, and maybe KayDianna were tapped. I presume from the show poster that Jada, Madeline S, and Sophy also are among the 12. I'm hoping Megan and Kellee are among them! They were two of my favorite rookies the last season of MTT and I'd love to see more of their journey.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Vk wasn’t there because she was auditioning for the Rocketts 

Did she make it?

1 hour ago, dccfangirl said:

I'm assuming Dayton didn't make it to training camp? Do we know who did? 

I think Dayton has long given up trying out for DCC. 

Finals aren't until June 15th with training camp starting June 18th.

First and second round of auditions are completed but they were video submissions so no one knows who is advancing to finals. 

• Useful 1
On 6/3/2024 at 5:58 PM, StellaCL said:

I have to say 5 days to go I wonder how many episodes there are, I can't seem to find it but I think I'm going blind looking on my phone but if the issues with vk isn't shown, I will scream!!! (lol!!!)

But isn't Chandi the one, that someone, naming no names TINA KALINA, called grandma mosses or something? 

Armani is the black girl that said in her rookie audition that said along the lines that she had coaches/teaches and other peers who said she'd never make it/would never have a career in dance right and Kelli's words was "armani, was it you or someone else that said that?"

On 6/6/2024 at 4:26 AM, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Dayton tried out again this year?

On 6/5/2024 at 9:26 PM, StellaCL said:

I think Dayton has long given up trying out for DCC. 

Finals aren't until June 15th with training camp starting June 18th.

First and second round of auditions are completed but they were video submissions so no one knows who is advancing to finals. 

Funny enough, I want to know that too as thats what I thought about Dayton. Dayton has just posted a pic on her insta story of her in a black diamonds outfit next to Shelly. 

I also remember her saying something on ig that she would never try out for dcc again unless there wasn't any cameras there at all. But it looks like she tried out again? I am not at home to rewatch the 2 seasons she tried out so I cant check what outfits she was wearing then but the outfit she had on, right now on her insta is either new outfit that shows she tried out or its old outfit of her with Shelly and shes just posting because its finals day today etc.

If Apple didn't have that rule where you can only use one account from one country on their iphone I'd log onto my US iTunes account to rewatch but as they do have that rule that only annoyingly applys to their iphones but not apple tv, so I can't rewatch old season on my phone without not being able to listen to my music on my phone for 90 days!!!!! (apple you are so annoying with that rule lol!!!)

By the way. Can someone give me the tea on Armani? Someone on that reddit thread said someone on here said Armani was not liked or so. But I don't seem to remember that rumor or whatever the tea it was. I am so confused what Chandi had to do with it too. But I guess I am behind on the gossip. Someone fill me on

1 hour ago, Uk-Eve said:

But isn't Chandi the one, that someone, naming no names TINA KALINA, called grandma mosses or something?

Tina called TCC Chandler a grandma...Kitty said that Miranda's hair made her look like Grandma Moses.

1 hour ago, Uk-Eve said:

Someone on that reddit thread said someone on here said Armani was not liked or so

The only thing I ever heard was that she was a Kelli favorite in her rookie year & it went to her head. Huge grain of salt and all that.

Edited by ByTor
  • Like 3
On 5/28/2024 at 5:23 PM, Christineelgene said:

Kelcey’s fiance moved his business to DFW so I think they would be staying there.  I would love to see Kelcey or Claire involved with DCC going forward.

I could def see Claire in a role like KaShara once had, regularly choreographing but also working social media and community building. 

Also, how many folks can we name in this shot? Is this Sophy up front or someone new?

IMG_4234.jpeg

• Like 1

Also grabbed these from the DCC story on Insta - I recognized most of the soloists but not all, but some are also identifiable in the background. I think Mora W of Sidekicks is in the second row of seats and the woman in purple on the end of the first row also looks familiar. Anyone have others they see?

IMG_4236.jpeg

IMG_4238.jpeg

IMG_4239.jpeg

IMG_4240.jpeg

IMG_4241.jpeg

IMG_4235.jpeg

• Useful 1
14 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Also grabbed these from the DCC story on Insta - I recognized most of the soloists but not all, but some are also identifiable in the background. I think Mora W of Sidekicks is in the second row of seats and the woman in purple on the end of the first row also looks familiar. Anyone have others they see?

IMG_4236.jpeg

IMG_4238.jpeg

IMG_4239.jpeg

IMG_4240.jpeg

IMG_4241.jpeg

IMG_4235.jpeg

ohmygod is the girl with the blonde curls Alyssa? Please tell me that's Alyssa, I'd die if Dayton, Alyssa AND Charly all make it to training camp.

• Like 1

The gal at the end in purple is former DCC Kayla. She was cut after one year and is re-auditioning.

And that may be Alyssa with the curls! Hard to say.

A very unconfirmed rumor- Rookie Taylor maybe had to retire at the last minute due to injury. No one has seen a screen shot of her at auditions. All the other vets are accounted for.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

ohmygod is the girl with the blonde curls Alyssa? Please tell me that's Alyssa, I'd die if Dayton, Alyssa AND Charly all make it to training camp.

The dark haired girl in the white pants and top (front row) looks like Hannah. She's a former Ice Angel and was on the Dallas Wings Flight Crew.

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:
2 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

The dark haired girl in the white pants and top (front row) looks like Hannah. She's a former Ice Angel and was on the Dallas Wings Flight Crew.

Not sure if the girl with curls is Alyssa... facially it looks more like Lauren Brummett, who is a frequent Jenn A class attender and may have been in finals in the past. I could be totally wrong though, hard to tell from a blurry pic

I agree, that does look like Hannah in the pants!

And the dark-haired girl in the pink next to Kayla looks like Julissa G. from Texas Tech.