Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Kailyn from AAIA ordered a new DallasWear set and is graduating from college - sounds like she’s auditioning for a major team. DCC perhaps?

07378DF7-C254-460B-A506-17878DE4F38F.jpeg

Possibly dcc because most teams are in the middle of auditions except for like rams bengals gold rush lions saints krewe but she wouldn’t need that to audition for the saints krewe as the ladies and gents have to dress in modest attire no chest or tummy’s are to be shown and they have to wear black 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 2

I think Melanie Parker is an amazing match stylistically and with energy for the Mavs. She looks so happy too! I’ve seen her posting from lots of prep classes - any word if she is trying out for dcc again?

I LOVE Bre from last seasons TCC as well. She is very precise and has great punctuation. I also fear that she could be compared to the stiffness of Lily by TBTP, though I adore Lily as well.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, PepperM said:

Kailyn from AAIA ordered a new DallasWear set and is graduating from college - sounds like she’s auditioning for a major team. DCC perhaps?

07378DF7-C254-460B-A506-17878DE4F38F.jpeg

Three girls from AA Ice Angels just made the Las Vegas Raiderettes; current IA Kennedy and former IAs, Megan and Cierra.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

do you guys think lisa is actually gonna make it back next season? 

i wasn't sure even before the show was cancelled, whereas, if the show were still going on, i'd feel like they'd be less willing to cut a vet onscreen (especially bc it was due to just injury) after the blowback they got last time + all the love and rainbows vibes of last season, BUT we witness vets coming back after breaks SO rarely that i can't imagine it actually happening. i can see victoria, of course, being the rare exception in this case. but for both of them to be back...idk. if we were able to see training camp, i could see them pulling a 'we have two strong vets coming back but with all the amazing new talent and more recent DCC we just don't have room for both—this is the most talented rookie class we've EVER had' etc

regarding lisa, someone on reddit said something along the lines of TPTB not wanting to look backward, and i totally echo that. especially considering her slightly non-DCC look and the fact she didn't seem very popular with fans or her teammates anyway

i feel like the team is a lot blonder, younger, "all-american" (cringe) now and has become so in just the past 2 years, even though there are probably the most black girls on the team at once they've ever had (yas)

also completely unrelated but i just realized no one ever mentions ashlinn in any context and i forgot she was on the team lol

• Love 10
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Three girls from AA Ice Angels just made the Las Vegas Raiderettes; current IA Kennedy and former IAs, Megan and Cierra.

Cierra was also on Sidekicks IIRC, and Megan was a Stars Ice Girl. Two other Stars Ice Girls auditioned, twins Jen and Wendy Mendoza. They are blonde now, but they weren't chosen. Of all of them, Kennedy is the only one I remember auditioning for DCC, and I think she only made it to prelims.

This reminds me of that year a bunch of Dallas girls (Jaime, Jenny, Whitney, etc. auditioned for the Dolphins.)

This year's Raiderette rookie class includes a Laker Girl, an Arizona Cardinals Cheerleader, a Rams Cheerleader, and a Charger Girl, and from the NBA, dancers from the Bulls, Lakers, Spurs, and Blazers. It's funny on the DCC show they always highlight women trying to come over from other teams. From what I have observed, this is quite common. Every team in the NFL attracts women coming from out of town and from other pro teams. Although perhaps it happens more often with DCC than other teams.

Kennedy in 2019

1485754661_KennedyWrightDCC-Semi-Finals-185.thumb.jpg.77656fbe12cbbae5d301568545325741.jpg

• Love 4
1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

i wasn't sure even before the show was cancelled, whereas, if the show were still going on, i'd feel like they'd be less willing to cut a vet onscreen (especially bc it was due to just injury) after the blowback they got last time + all the love and rainbows vibes of last season, BUT we witness vets coming back after breaks SO rarely that i can't imagine it actually happening. i can see victoria, of course, being the rare exception in this case. but for both of them to be back...idk. if we were able to see training camp, i could see them pulling a 'we have two strong vets coming back but with all the amazing new talent and more recent DCC we just don't have room for both—this is the most talented rookie class we've EVER had' etc

regarding lisa, someone on reddit said something along the lines of TPTB not wanting to look backward, and i totally echo that. especially considering her slightly non-DCC look and the fact she didn't seem very popular with fans or her teammates anyway

i feel like the team is a lot blonder, younger, "all-american" (cringe) now and has become so in just the past 2 years, even though there are probably the most black girls on the team at once they've ever had (yas)

also completely unrelated but i just realized no one ever mentions ashlinn in any context and i forgot she was on the team lol

Cameras or not, they can always blame not bringing Lisa back on worries about her injury & potential for further injury. Even if both she and her doctor says she's healed, they can still point to how dangerous neck injuries can be and how much hair flipping, etc. they do & say they're not willing to take the chance/assume the risk of new/further injury. 

• Love 7

While I would like to think that the tv show has nothing to do with actual selection process, I think it's obvious that many decisions are tied to the "storylines." So it will be an interesting next few seasons if the show is actually no longer filming. I see it both ways too- have no idea what they will do about Lisa but I think she will make it back. This new "kinder K and J" theme seems to be sticking regardless of a show. I see them not wanting to "look backward" but I can't see them saying no to Lisa after what she's been through.

DCC will still be a prize but without the show it may not attract "the most talented rookie class EVER" anymore. Maybe without the cameras they go back to being selective auditions with the intent to "train" during training camp. For a long time now, training camp was way too long because everyone was pretty well fully vetted within the first few weeks (compared to the old days when they were really teaching girls how to dance on a team) - with the exception of the pet projects.

I always forgot Ashlinn and Jessica. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

Cierra was also on Sidekicks IIRC, and Megan was a Stars Ice Girl. Two other Stars Ice Girls auditioned, twins Jen and Wendy Mendoza. They are blonde now, but they weren't chosen. Of all of them, Kennedy is the only one I remember auditioning for DCC, and I think she only made it to prelims.

This reminds me of that year a bunch of Dallas girls (Jaime, Jenny, Whitney, etc. auditioned for the Dolphins.)

This year's Raiderette rookie class includes a Laker Girl, an Arizona Cardinals Cheerleader, a Rams Cheerleader, and a Charger Girl, and from the NBA, dancers from the Bulls, Lakers, Spurs, and Blazers. It's funny on the DCC show they always highlight women trying to come over from other teams. From what I have observed, this is quite common. Every team in the NFL attracts women coming from out of town and from other pro teams. Although perhaps it happens more often with DCC than other teams.

Kennedy in 2019

1485754661_KennedyWrightDCC-Semi-Finals-185.thumb.jpg.77656fbe12cbbae5d301568545325741.jpg

Cierra is Gorgeous don’t think she has ever auditioned for dcc she did 1 year as a ice angel and then one year as a Dallas sidekick dancer 

1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

It's funny on the DCC show they always highlight women trying to come over from other teams. From what I have observed, this is quite common. Every team in the NFL attracts women coming from out of town and from other pro teams. Although perhaps it happens more often with DCC than other teams.

There are only so many opportunities in specific locations. Unless you're lucky enough to live in a sports town with one or more cheerleading teams and you can make one of those teams, you have to be willing to re-locate if you really want to be a pro-cheerleader.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

There are only so many opportunities in specific locations. Unless you're lucky enough to live in a sports town with one or more cheerleading teams and you can make one of those teams, you have to be willing to re-locate if you really want to be a pro-cheerleader.

Yes one gal who was stars dancer and tried out several times for dcc went and moved last year to Florida and became a jaguars cheerleader she was their rookie of the year as well 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Yes one gal who was stars dancer and tried out several times for dcc went and moved last year to Florida and became a jaguars cheerleader she was their rookie of the year as well 

Emma was also a OK Thunder Girl for 1 season then came back to the DSIG for 2 seasons and now on the Jaguars.

Also  Camille from the 2020-21 Ice Angels who was on the 2021-22  OK Thunder Girls.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Yes, Emma. If memory serves, she is the one whose mother came here and had something to day say about the comments regarding her daughter's non-traditional looks.

edit: because spelling is hard.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Yes, Emma. If memory serves, she is the one whose mother came here and had something to day about the comments regarding her daughter's non-traditional looks.

That's her. 

Speaking of former auditioners-

If you guys remember Royesha from season 11, she is still going strong as a Blazers dancer. She just finished her 7th season with them. It would have been 8, but she missed the 2018-2019 season (not sure why). She's definitely been one of the most recognizable blazer dancers, for sure. Did she ever re-audition for DCC, or just that once?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CagAzfIvl9V/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Edited by StellaCL
Typo
  • Love 12
12 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

If you guys remember Royesha from season 11, she is still going strong as a Blazers dancer. She just finished her 7th season with them. It would have been 8, but she missed the 2018-2019 season (not sure why). She's denitely been one of the most recognizable blazer dancers, for sure. Did she ever re-audition for DCC, or just that once?

Just the one time 

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I’m honestly SHOCKED that so many Dallas dancers are going elsewhere, esp Kennedy who should have been a shoo-in for TCC at least this year, she was a finalist but didn’t quite make training camp the all-virtual year (2020 I think, time is blurring together for me). Kelli and Judy have an embarrassment of riches, certainly, but they might wanna look at how much talent they’re bleeding out of the local area too. 

8 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Kennedy in 2019

This comment about the Dolphins reminded me that I saw in Insta stories today that Ashley from last year’s training camp was at Dolphins auditions this weekend! Couldn’t tell if it was to audition or if she was helping out as an alum, but definitely there and not in TX where she’s been at some prep classes. 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Cameras or not, they can always blame not bringing Lisa back on worries about her injury & potential for further injury. Even if both she and her doctor says she's healed, they can still point to how dangerous neck injuries can be and how much hair flipping, etc. they do & say they're not willing to take the chance/assume the risk of new/further injury. 

I wonder if she would need to be cleared by the Cowboys medical staff as well as her own doctor.  

1 hour ago, Kiasmom said:

I wonder if she would need to be cleared by the Cowboys medical staff as well as her own doctor.  

If they *really* wanted her back and were *really* concerned about the possbility of further injury, they could send her to their own docs for further evaluation/assurance. But would they bother with that expense? The truth is she's not that valuable to the organization -- just one part-time cheerleader with many lined up to take her place.

I see it more as a convenient excuse to not bring her back if they don't want to; but if there was real concern, as I said above, there are many more lined up to take her place.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Little Eden said:

Wow, that's the thinnest I've ever seen VK.  If she comes to TC looking like that I don't see any reason she wouldn't make it back.

We shall see what happens 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, StellaCL said:

If you guys remember Royesha from season 11, she is still going strong as a Blazers dancer. She just finished her 7th season with them. It would have been 8, but she missed the 2018-2019 season (not sure why). She's definitely been one of the most recognizable blazer dancers, for sure. Did she ever re-audition for DCC, or just that once?

I always thought Jasmine Shannon from the Blazers should have auditioned for DCC. Not sure if she ever did.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Survivor197 said:

I always thought Jasmine Shannon from the Blazers should have auditioned for DCC. Not sure if she ever did.

I think she would of found the DCC mold suffocating. 

7 hours ago, Little Eden said:

Wow, that's the thinnest I've ever seen VK.  If she comes to TC looking like that I don't see any reason she wouldn't make it back.

She really looks good here dance wise and looks wise. Never understood what people meant by "she has great legs" but she really does!!

I think even without K and J s grace she has a solid chance of getting back on the team.

But can she be good friends with the girls on the team? That's the question we want to know.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Little Eden said:

I hate that K&J reward this toxic cycle.  VK crash diets in the last few months before auditions…makes the team… and then can’t possibly maintain the extreme weightloss, so slowly (or not slowly, milkshakes anyone?) gains the weight back again. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, Kamal said:

She really looks good here dance wise and looks wise. Never understood what people meant by "she has great legs" but she really does!!

I think even without K and J s grace she has a solid chance of getting back on the team.

But can she be good friends with the girls on the team? That's the question we want to know.

Nope she can’t !!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, vanillagum said:

LOL do you know something we don't?

surprisingly cynical coming from you hahaha

She  is the daughter of Kelli’s best friend lol 

Edited by Holly85
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, vanillagum said:

LOL do you know something we don't?

surprisingly cynical coming from you hahaha

I don’t think it’s any big secret she came in ready to uphold the standards of the organization and expected everyone else to do the same.  If they didn’t, she ran to Kelli.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

I hate that K&J reward this toxic cycle.  VK crash diets in the last few months before auditions…makes the team… and then can’t possibly maintain the extreme weightloss, so slowly (or not slowly, milkshakes anyone?) gains the weight back again. 

She shares on IG that she's following the John Benton model fitness regimen.  Claire, KaShara & Caroline follow him.  Maybe that explains Claire & Kash getting their weight so far down over the past several months.

I just hope diet pills aren't involved.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Kamal said:

Victoria has made it this far without being good friends with anyone on the team, so why start now? Besides, she sees the current squad at Jen's classes, so she's not a stranger to them. I will say Victoria looks great bodywise and she's getting better at blending in with the group to make the dance look good. I already know she's going to make the team. I'm patiently waiting to see how show group auditions go. That will be telling. The squad is SO strong that they can't play games this time to get her on SG like they did with Jalyn. I fully expect Lea to get one of the spots :D Rooting for Elli, Ashlinn, Jada, and Dani to get it as well. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Holly85 said:

She  is the daughter of Kelli’s best friend lol 

lol i know but why does that mean she can't be friends with the girls on the team? because they're annoyed by her presence too much?

3 hours ago, MeeMee2 said:

Victoria has made it this far without being good friends with anyone on the team, so why start now? Besides, she sees the current squad at Jen's classes, so she's not a stranger to them. I will say Victoria looks great bodywise and she's getting better at blending in with the group to make the dance look good. I already know she's going to make the team. I'm patiently waiting to see how show group auditions go. That will be telling. The squad is SO strong that they can't play games this time to get her on SG like they did with Jalyn. I fully expect Lea to get one of the spots :D Rooting for Elli, Ashlinn, Jada, and Dani to get it as well. 

But does Victoria WANT to blend In?  Surprised to see her in the back row at Jen’s class.  Will she be humble this go round on the team?  What precipitated her taking this year off?  Any backstory that can give insight on how K and J will view her return? 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

lol i know but why does that mean she can't be friends with the girls on the team? because they're annoyed by her presence too much?

It’s more that the girls don’t trust her 

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
16 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

Not saying I think Victoria is overweight or even agreeing with DCC standards of weight but how tall is Victoria? As someone who is 5’2 it just shocks me she was having “trouble”. During her first training camp, Kelli mentioned she gained 10 pounds. I think 10 pounds looks a lot different on someone who’s taller. 

not sure if this is a scenario when some TC’s got cut because their thighs didn’t make the uniform flattering on them and maybe anything Victoria gains goes to one place, her stomach and is an issue to Kelli and Judy.

She's a tattletale.  They would have to be constantly watching what they say or do around her

• Like 1
  • Love 11
52 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

She's a tattletale.  They would have to be constantly watching what they say or do around her

Do you have any inside information about what she tattled on in the past?  I would be upset if someone betrayed my trust and ran back information to my boss. 

On 4/23/2022 at 5:39 PM, parrotfeathers said:

My recollection is they didn't like Allie because her body was too "square."

I always felt VK was too square in the torso, with no clear or curved waistline, just straight up and down on the sides, even when sucking it in!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

For returning vets that took a year off, do they show up for tryouts with the rookies or come in for finals with the vets?  

There are no in person tryouts at the moment. Auditions have been virtual for the last two  seasons and again this coming season. The first time TCCs and veterans will meet will be at training camp. The selection process of TCCs and Veteran candidates remains a mystery which suits TPTB

• Love 3
On 4/19/2022 at 11:39 AM, vanillagum said:

honestly the taylor audition is still odd to me because it's not like you'd cut someone based on a 'one-day' audition—there's just not enough to assess, yeah? so i feel like it goes the other way, like, is one day enough to prove you should get your spot back? i mean i'm sure they'd never have cut her anyway, but i find it kind of annoying lol. but i'm biased because i feel like taylor is super boring and isn't she bffs with kelli's daughter? 

💯to everything you said! My feelings about a Taylor are based on yes she is BFFs with Kellis daughter & talk about pastel wow! The only reason she’s not a super blender is bc she’s so tall. IMO she would’ve never made finals if she weren’t besties with Kelli’s kid. 

also if they can decide she’s good enough to return for another year in ONE day then why weren’t all the vets given that consideration? I cannot imagine how maddening it is if you’re not one of Kelli’s pets…

• Love 4
4 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

There are no in person tryouts at the moment. Auditions have been virtual for the last two  seasons and again this coming season. The first time TCCs and veterans will meet will be at training camp. The selection process of TCCs and Veteran candidates remains a mystery which suits TPTB

Thank you!  

On 4/26/2022 at 1:08 PM, MeeMee2 said:

Victoria has made it this far without being good friends with anyone on the team, so why start now? Besides, she sees the current squad at Jen's classes, so she's not a stranger to them. 

Because a huge part of the DCC experience is supposed to be the sisterhood/"forever" friendships. She's missing out on this.

• Love 4