Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E01: Week 1

Emma Snyder
  • Start Topic

Clayton Echard's journey to find love kicks off; 31 women arrive and try to make a good first impression for the man they hope could be their future husband; a shocking franchise first has Clayton clutching a rose and questioning everything.

Airs Monday Jan 3 at 8:00PM EST.

As always, this is a spoiler-free episode. If it did not happen on this episode, please do not discuss.

Happy posting!

image.thumb.png.444a8778b6bd5a82bffca30069ccf62e.png

• Love 4

Lol with Jesse stating he is a happily married man but not mentioning that he did not meet his wife on the show. 

And is it only me or all those crosses in the entryway to his folks place….kind of much?

• Love 4

Do Clayton’s parents live in a medieval church what with the gray stone, the stained-glass windows, the collage of crosses…and a pool table.

Clayton is introducing himself but is telling us his name is Jesse. Oh, boy, I will never tell these two apart.

Yeah, why did you get the lead with only 8 minutes of screen time?! Oh, he’s a football player. Full stop. That’s all you need to know—plus he’s tall, boring, and pliable. Now we’re seeing all 8 minutes of his screen time.

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3

Clayton’s underdog story and the emphasis on the fact that he got so little screen time…?  Matt had even less advance screen time because when Clare’s season got delayed, he became the Bachelor without ever courting the Bachelorette m mostly due to his friendship with with a previous fan fave. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 12/30/2021 at 5:56 AM, Emma Snyder said:

Airs Monday Jan 3 at 8:00PM EST.

As always, this is a spoiler-free episode. If it did not happen on this episode, please do not discuss.

Happy posting!

image.thumb.png.444a8778b6bd5a82bffca30069ccf62e.png

I’m boycotting Clayton on principle but keeping you guys on for the snark. You get all my roses and I reject his.🖕

• Love 11

Turns out Clayton is fluent in Spanish and is currently pursuing his MBA. A lot of people on social media judging a book by its cover and calling him a dumb meathead! 

Not sure if I can take the mean girl drama this season, but I do like Jesse Palmer as a host. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, bosawks said:

I think it would be weirder not to notice Clayton’s teeth.

Personally, I think Clayton’s teeth is his worst physical feature. He has an underbite that throws off his whole facial structure.

Oh, this pretty blonde was supposed to get married today?!?  Oh, she’s ready to move on, I’m sure. Jeesh! I will never be able to tell all of these pretty blondes apart, but I wish I could remember this one to keep an eye out for the inevitable emotional meltdown, as opposed to some other pretty blonde’s generic meltdown for other reasons.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Clayton and Jessie look enough alike that it’s going to be distracting. I’m still baffled by the choice of Clayton, he’s handsome and seems like a nice guy, but why him?

Yeah, he is always going to suffer comparisons to Rodney.  

• Love 2
Just now, PBnJay said:

I think every woman who pronounces his name as "Clay-en" need to be sent home.

Count me in as someone who doesn't find "Clay-en" the least bit attractive. I'd pass him on the street without a second look.

100% agree.  Drives me crazy. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Clayton and Jessie look enough alike that it’s going to be distracting. I’m still baffled by the choice of Clayton, he’s handsome and seems like a nice guy, but why him?

I think it had a lot to do with the filming schedule as they started filming before Michelle's season even aired. I would have loved Rodney, but since he made the final 4 I'm guessing they didn't want to spoil her season. Of the guys who didn't make top 4, Rick and Olu and Clayton were probably the nicest ones. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Well, she’s going to popular with the others when they find out she got a rose BEFORE anyone else had a chance to meet him.  

BTW, does this count as the first impression rose?

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Whoa there, your definitely not supposed to meet the Bachelor/ette before the limo ride, do they want another Dale debacle? I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the rules are stupid but they’re still the rules damn it, some people shouldn’t be above them, even if they have a sob story. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Oh Clayton, talk me out of going! (Gives her a rose)

When do we get an eyeroll reaction emoji? This was the phoniest thing I've ever seen on this show.

Edited by EllenB
Punctuation, baby!
  • Love 21

So Salley was calling the guy she was suppose to marry today?

Interesting that she and Clayton just met yet they know everything about each other's personalities. Just like IRL! 

3 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:

If everyone could stop saying "my person" that would be swell. Drives me nuts. 

Blame Grey's Anatomy I guess.

• LOL 7
1 minute ago, bosawks said:

Who knew they kept fresh roses ready to go in their hotel room….

Emergency stand by rose.   You never know when you have a sudden need for one, if you are the Bachelor.  

Hope she got paid well for this.  Wonder if it is her audition for the Bachelorette?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

It will be interesting to see how Clayton and Jesse interact. I think Jesse is better looking and he has the poise from doing a lot of hosting the last few years.  

Will Clayton suffer in comparison?  Will some of them prefer Jesse?

Edited by DEL901
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Oh, honey, an electric blue suit and a matching tie?!? Do you have the dyed satin shoes to match? (You ladies who went to prom late 80s/early 90s know what I mean.) Just, no.

The doppelgängers meet! One’s head-to-toe blue and the other is all black, like a photocopied image.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

I like Ency. Teddi should have brought a teddy bear as a gift. Ok, all of these girls are pretty and nice and normal. When are we getting to the wacky entrances? Perhaps after this word from our sponsors…

• Useful 1