Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E01: Week 1

Emma Snyder
  • Start Topic

Do the producers give every contestant directions to use the term  “ my person?” It is used excessively on this show and I feel like I never hear it in real life . The people on this show are so unoriginal . 

• Love 4

My person was used on Ben higgins season a lot and i recall how annoying it was. Jesse in my opinion was a very insincere  bachelor, but i like him as a host- so much better than the 2 girls on bachlorette

• Love 3
6 hours ago, EllenB said:

Did anyone else get terrified when Flying Blondie was described as a student pilot AND a flight instructor? 

Ha, yes, that jumped out at me. Flight instructor Rachel’s introduction definitely made her one of the more memorable ones of the bunch. I'll need more time to figure out if I actually like her, though.

I did like Korean-Persian Ency, whose bio says that she taught English to North Korean defectors. She has very striking features, although I wish Clayton had more to say than “she’s pretty” after the Korean lesson.

Teddi has the best hair, but, like, I just can’t, like, with the Valley Girl talk.

I could have done without the manufactured drama of Ms. Previously Engaged.

I resent 33 years old being considered a cougar. That’s more like puma cub territory.

Holly as Rachel’s wingwoman didn’t quite land the delivery of her lines, but I wish there would be a Senior Bachelor. A grown-up version of this show would be much more interesting than watching the producers manipulate a bunch of immature kids season after season. If it’s true that there weren’t many takers, why not do a season of 40s-50s, the current ages of OG Bachelor’s primary audience?

Presuming the Bachelor gets to specify his aesthetic preferences in the casting, we certainly know Clayton's type. Good lord half these women look exactly the same. Not a whole lot of diversity; even the black and ethnically ambiguous women are very similar-looking in that pretty but generic Eurocentric way. I do appreciate the number of medical professionals.

Once again, the producers think we all want to hear amplified disgusting mouth noises. Why can’t they just show the kissing muted with background music and voiceovers? The flashback of Clayton and Michelle made me realize exactly why all of her kissing scenes grossed me out more so than usual. Her mouth was just so huge and completely consumed the faces of the guys she was kissing, and she was all about the extra slurping. Given how much we all clowned Matt James for his fish-face kissing, I’m surprised Michelle got a pass around these parts. But I digress.

Looks like we’re going to have to suffer through a whole lot of crying. Including by Clayton. I usually skip the season preview at the end of the first episode — do they usually spoil who the final three are?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

Do the producers give every contestant directions to use the term  “ my person?” It is used excessively on this show and I feel like I never hear it in real life . The people on this show are so unoriginal . 

They probably all take notes from past seasons to write down what the winners said. 
“family is everything to me”   “I feel we have this connection”. “My faith is everything to me”   “I love it”.   They practice when to weep, when to laugh.  It’s a total formula.  Nothing surprising with this group.   Very basic. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

Reporting from LA: this is an actual job.  They come along with the DJ.  Get up and move so the kids don't feel so awkward.

It’s a job in the northeast too but it’s usually done by teenagers or college students.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sheikh Yerbouti said:

Looks like we’re going to have to suffer through a whole lot of crying. Including by Clayton. I usually skip the season preview at the end of the first episode — do they usually spoil who the final three are?

The promo usually pretends to spoil who the final three or so are, but they are rarely the actual final people. Usually they take clips of people crying or looking nervous at rose ceremonies, but those can be from any rose ceremony. Notice when they showed the final three all together, it was only from behind, and then it cut to girls crying and voice overs (not necessarily from the girl shown) about how he loves all of them, etc. The editors are sneaky geniuses. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, Bluesky said:

They probably all take notes from past seasons to write down what the winners said. 
“family is everything to me”   “I feel we have this connection”. “My faith is everything to me”   “I love it”.   They practice when to weep, when to laugh.  It’s a total formula.  Nothing surprising with this group.   Very basic. 

Taking notes is fine, as long you don't compile them into a binder and bring the binder with you on the show.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

Blonde Pilot definitely reminds me of someone and it's driving me crazy. She is one of the most affected and fake-seeming contestants I've seen in a long time. 

She reminds me of singer Jewel ( the teeth) 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

What struck me is how many if these young girls( especially the hannah brown look alike) seem to have that botox look- very high arched eyebrows and very fake looking, and the vocal fry. Oy.

• Love 7
On 1/4/2022 at 7:44 AM, WahooLAH99 said:

They have extra girls as back-ups, just in case. This is just the first time they have shown someone leave before the limos. So the question is why did we see her? She could have just left and we never would have known about her at all! She is totally coming back.

So he could be the first bachelor ever who had someone reject the first rose handed out.

• Love 1

I wonder why so many of these contestants have such terrible underbites, and why they were never repaired when they were kids.  Insurance usually covers this.  Tayshia & Zach come to mind.  And now Clayton, in what looks to be one of the worst I've ever seen.  I'm wondering if it's because the surgery & its recovery would have derailed him for several months of football.  It's not just that he has huge teeth, not just that his mouth is huge, but the added underbite is so distracting.

I feel the whole Clayton "thing" is just a setup for his next life as a Jesse Palmer wanna-be.  He'll cry through his season, he'll agonize over his Final 2, he'll get engaged, then we'll hear of a "heartbreaking ending", then....he'll be on Dancing With The Stars, and hosting Bachelor gigs & doing Friday Night Football commentary.

Edited by Starlight925
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

He had “ no clue “ she was coming . Except I bet he had a clue from the producers . 

He just happened to have a rose in his room???

Edited by Rightside
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

My guess (and I claim zero inside information) as to what happened with Claire: It's an open secret that each season's Bachelor cast is filled out with models who are promised they'll get their couple of minutes on national TV, then be booted out by the second episode at the latest. Claire was one of those models. So she gets her little vignette at the start, then gets set up on a little cornhole/campfire thing with Clayton, who's she likely already told that she's a model. They don't click and she's obviously waiting out the clock, so when their soiree is interrupted by a woman Clayton actually IS interested in, he bolts immediately. Claire, feeling a little upset at having been dissed on national television, goes on a "I hate Clayton" rant in the house to save face. Clayton confronts her, and when the conversation turns to "I'm only here because XYZ Modeling Agency said it'd be good for my Instagram follows," the producers cut away to the other women, then come back just in time for Clayton to say something like "You look like you just want to leave. How about I just walk you out now?" and her response (which we DID hear) of "I'd like nothing more." He walks her out and they probably talk more about producer shenanigans on the way, which is why we don't see him again until he walks back in alone.

Again, this is 100% my own BS speculation, but it does fit in with what we saw and could explain why everyone acted the way they did.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Rightside said:

He just happened to have a rose in his room???

Right?  Such a setup.  He had "no idea!!!" she was coming over.  But he "happened" to have a rose in his room, with the magnetic thingy attached & everything.

Of course we can all predict the next move:  a few episodes in, she'll return, crying, saying that she couldn't stop thinking about him.  The women will all get upset, she'll be treated like a pariah, and drama ensues.  Sigh.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, chocolatine said:

If it's true that producers made her do the bubble bath entrance instead of a normal (clothed) one like she wanted, she should have quit right then and there.

When she got out of the tub, I kinda understood why she wouldn't be shy about posing in front of America in a bikini.

Not the show's classiest moments, but... Samantha, my compliments. Maybe they didn't show her exit because they didn't need more footage of Clayton crying.

We had Grocery Store Joe.  I could cope with Occupational Therapist Sam in Paradise.

• Love 1
On 1/3/2022 at 8:21 PM, tennisgurl said:

Clayton and Jessie look enough alike that it’s going to be distracting. I’m still baffled by the choice of Clayton, he’s handsome and seems like a nice guy, but why him?

I'm just glad to be rid of FakeFace and Taysha.  

• Love 3
On 1/4/2022 at 11:00 AM, Alexander Pope said:

Reporting from LA: this is an actual job.  They come along with the DJ.  Get up and move so the kids don't feel so awkward.

I actually had that job in my early 20's, but it wasn't solely Bar and Bat Mitzvahs. I did kids birthday parties and other events too. I enjoyed it at the time.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

I actually had that job in my early 20's, but it wasn't solely Bar and Bat Mitzvahs. I did kids birthday parties and other events too. I enjoyed it at the time.

It sounds like a really fun job!  I wish we could have had a chance to see her talk to Clayton, she seemed like a lot of fun and she was pretty too with a great dress and great hair.  I loved how she kind of mimed her entrance and then sauntered off into the house 😄!  Maybe we'll luck out and they'll put her on Bachelor in Paradise- I'd watch!  

• Love 2
21 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

All I remember were the looks of absolute disgust on some of the ladies' faces when Jesse talked about having more than a few one night stands. I think one of the ladies self-eliminated right then and there she was so grossed out by him.  

Gross. I have never seen Jesse's season, and now I know I can skip. What a boring block of wood he was as host. Perhaps that's how TPTB wanted him to be.  I know Kaitlyn and Tayshia have received mixed reviews, but I liked what a breath of fresh air they seemed to be, and actually engaging. Even Nick Viall would have been better. A bit self-absorbed, sure, but that's kind of a prerequisite of being on TV. At least he might put his foot in his mouth enough times to entertain us.

Also, I lost the other post I wanted to quote, but Ency is WAY too smart for dim Clayton. You could see his eyes glaze over at her language lesson. Too smart, too accomplished, too interesting for the human embodiment of "Live, Laugh, Love." What an utter waste.

• Love 5
On 1/3/2022 at 9:40 PM, meatball77 said:

Well, I'll give the casting people props for picking some fun women.  Lots of one liners from the peanut gallery tonight.  Looks like a nice combo of crazies and girls who seem sweet.  I'm entertained tonight.

WTF was with giving Sally camera time at all.  Is she going to come back later in the season? 

I usually watch the first episode to see who comes out of the car.  Then, the last episode.  Being they’re going to Europe, I’ll watch in between.  I hate the kissing in the hot tubs tho.  Plus I have to see Sally again.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I usually watch the first episode to see who comes out of the car.  Then, the last episode.  Being they’re going to Europe, I’ll watch in between.  I hate the kissing in the hot tubs tho.  Plus I have to see Sally again.

You are like me with The Voice except I don’t watch the end. 

Ok guys I’m feeling optimistic  here.  There are some truly beautiful girls and Clayton is ok thus far.  He’s not my physical preference but I concede in person his “presence” may be (Bill Clinton has this apparently lol).

One of the non descriptive blondes was driving me crazy why she looked familiar and she’s Josh Altman from Bravos show wife Heather  doppelgänger.   He did offer her a rose.

I’m  excited to be on this journey with you and glad to be back!  While I recognize she was a fan fave I found Michelle and her slow speak and monotone nearly unwatchable.  We have a pool of gorgeous women (with real jobs!   So many nurses- so few influencers and other random occupations) and I can’t wait!

• Love 3
5 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Gross. I have never seen Jesse's season, and now I know I can skip. What a boring block of wood he was as host. Perhaps that's how TPTB wanted him to be.  I know Kaitlyn and Tayshia have received mixed reviews, but I liked what a breath of fresh air they seemed to be, and actually engaging. Even Nick Viall would have been better. A bit self-absorbed, sure, but that's kind of a prerequisite of being on TV. At least he might put his foot in his mouth enough times to entertain us.

Also, I lost the other post I wanted to quote, but Ency is WAY too smart for dim Clayton. You could see his eyes glaze over at her language lesson. Too smart, too accomplished, too interesting for the human embodiment of "Live, Laugh, Love." What an utter waste.

Jessies season was memorable for a few things. 1) he called the wrong name and then realized he meant to call anothers name-!it was so disheartening to see this girl who knew he didnt mean to pick her , agree to stay when you could tell he was being polite2) one episode he just pulled a woman aside and had this long makeoit with her , and then sent her home 3) the runner ups reaction when he dumped her “ i think its really inappropriate what happened in the fantasy suite . He really was in my opinion one of the least caring bachelors . Now as an announcer , i like him. But he was a disgusting bachelor !!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, KnoxForPres said:

You are like me with The Voice except I don’t watch the end. 

Ok guys I’m feeling optimistic  here.  There are some truly beautiful girls and Clayton is ok thus far.  He’s not my physical preference but I concede in person his “presence” may be (Bill Clinton has this apparently lol).

One of the non descriptive blondes was driving me crazy why she looked familiar and she’s Josh Altman from Bravos show wife Heather  doppelgänger.   He did offer her a rose.

I’m  excited to be on this journey with you and glad to be back!  While I recognize she was a fan fave I found Michelle and her slow speak and monotone nearly unwatchable.  We have a pool of gorgeous women (with real jobs!   So many nurses- so few influencers and other random occupations) and I can’t wait!

Whaaaat??   Heather?  Before her marriage, or after?  Last I saw, they have two kids.  Is this for real?  I also thought she looked familiar, but couldn’t put my finger on it.  You’re kidding, right?

1 hour ago, nlkm9 said:

Jessies season was memorable for a few things. 1) he called the wrong name and then realized he meant to call anothers name-!it was so disheartening to see this girl who knew he didnt mean to pick her , agree to stay when you could tell he was being polite2) one episode he just pulled a woman aside and had this long makeoit with her , and then sent her home 3) the runner ups reaction when he dumped her “ i think its really inappropriate what happened in the fantasy suite . He really was in my opinion one of the least caring bachelors . Now as an announcer , i like him. But he was a disgusting bachelor !!

His season was 17 years ago, before I watched the show.   I do like him on the baking shows. Unlike Tayshia and Kaitlyn, he has spent years working on his hosting skills. 

1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

Whaaaat??   Heather?  Before her marriage, or after?  Last I saw, they have two kids.  Is this for real?  I also thought she looked familiar, but couldn’t put my finger on it.  You’re kidding, right?

I think you missed the word doppelgänger or double.  I don’t think the poster meant it was actually Heather. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

I wonder why so many of these contestants have such terrible underbites, and why they were never repaired when they were kids.  Insurance usually covers this.  Tayshia & Zach come to mind.  And now Clayton, in what looks to be one of the worst I've ever seen.  I'm wondering if it's because the surgery & its recovery would have derailed him for several months of football.  It's not just that he has huge teeth, not just that his mouth is huge, but the added underbite is so distracting.

Well, I hope it's because they're happy and feel attractive just the way they are, and don't feel the need to look like every other boring generic attractive person. I'm always happy to see people who look a bit different but still beautiful or handsome, instead of undergoing surgery to please other people's shallow standards.

• Love 5
On 1/3/2022 at 7:30 PM, JenE4 said:

This is so stupid. He had no clue you were coming, Sally, so you could have just quit the show before it started and he never would have known the difference. Now you’re going out of your way to make him offer you a rose when you were going there to tell him you’re quitting the show before it starts. Get the f— out of here! He’s going to be rejected and then start the show with his confidence shaken when this has nothing to do with him!!

The whole thing was stupid and a waste of time. I was rolling my eyes. 

I can’t believe Clayton was crying in the first five minutes of the show. Is this what we’re in store for this season? He needs to pace himself because there’s a lot more heartache ahead. 

I don’t find him attractive at all. He’s tall and appears well built, but his face doesn’t do it for me. Why are all the women gushing? Oh… that’s right. It’s in the Bachelor script. 

Speaking of the script, agree about “my person.” Please stop! Where did I first hear this? Was it on Grey’s Anatomy? I also would like these to be retired:

— Journey

—  I believe my wife is in this room

— Connection (on this show usually code for sexual attraction)

— Right reasons/wrong reasons

— I believe in the process

I’m probably leaving out a bunch. 

The woman who was saying she hated him was clearly drunk. Jade.black, I was thinking the same thing. I guess the two drink rule isn’t a factor any longer, or maybe that was only on BIP. 

Was that the 33 year old? If she's a cougar, then I'm a Saber Tooth Tiger.

I’m a dinosaur! 

It seems they have redefined “cougar.” It now means any woman who is older than the Bachelor. It’s ridiculous. It also bothers me that it’s even a factor when the woman is even a few years older when no one cares if the man is years older. Argh!

By the way, how old is Clayton? I wasn’t paying that much attention to him. 

I didn’t mind Jesse Palmer. I wonder what Chris Harrison thinks or if he’s watching. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, EllenB said:

Well, I hope it's because they're happy and feel attractive just the way they are, and don't feel the need to look like every other boring generic attractive person. I'm always happy to see people who look a bit different but still beautiful or handsome, instead of undergoing surgery to please other people's shallow standards.

Agreed. We see so many young pretty girls butcher their faces to wierdness. There was a very pretty girl i think becca on chris soules season who ruined her face . I hate seeing all the obviois work and wierd arched botoxed and painted eyebrows on such young women. Sad.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

Agreed. We see so many young pretty girls butcher their faces to wierdness. There was a very pretty girl i think becca on chris soules season who ruined her face . I hate seeing all the obviois work and wierd arched botoxed and painted eyebrows on such young women. Sad.

It really is sad! In all of their efforts to look different, they all end up looking the same.  I blame The Kardashians and Instagram Influencer culture for the rampant use of Botox, fillers and plastic surgery procedures in 20 somethings these days.  This episode of The Bachelor really reminded me of the Twilight Zone episode, "Number 12 Looks Just Like You". 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, DEL901 said:

His season was 17 years ago, before I watched the show.   I do like him on the baking shows. Unlike Tayshia and Kaitlyn, he has spent years working on his hosting skills. 

I think you missed the word doppelgänger or double.  I don’t think the poster meant it was actually Heather. 

Duh !  Not familiar with that word.  Thanks.

• Love 1
On 1/5/2022 at 7:19 PM, KnoxForPres said:

While I recognize she was a fan fave I found Michelle and her slow speak and monotone nearly unwatchable.  

My problem with Michelle was her vocal fry, so I was very surprised to find it had somehow disappeared on After the Final Rose.

On 1/6/2022 at 8:21 AM, nlkm9 said:

Agreed. We see so many young pretty girls butcher their faces to wierdness. There was a very pretty girl i think becca on chris soules season who ruined her face . 

It's Becca Tilley, and I hadn't known about that, so I went to Google, and, wow, just awful.

5 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Claire, feeling a little upset at having been dissed on national television, goes on a "I hate Clayton" rant in the house to save face. Clayton confronts her, and when the conversation turns to "I'm only here because XYZ Modeling Agency said it'd be good for my Instagram follows," the producers cut away to the other women, then come back just in time for Clayton to say something like "You look like you just want to leave. How about I just walk you out now?" and her response (which we DID hear) of "I'd like nothing more." 

Again, this is 100% my own BS speculation, but it does fit in with what we saw and could explain why everyone acted the way they did.

Good thought for maybe some of the other girls, but Claire's face, hair, body, and carriage did not at all seem like a model.

• Love 2
On 1/4/2022 at 10:30 PM, Bluesky said:

They also have this progression:

I'm falling for you.

I'm falling in love with you.

I am in love with you.

I love you.

Has to be that order, no skipping ahead. And apparently each phrase means something completely different. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 1/3/2022 at 5:25 PM, PBnJay said:

I think every woman who pronounces his name as "Clay-en" need to be sent home.

Count me in as someone who doesn't find "Clay-en" the least bit attractive. I'd pass him on the street without a second look.

During a doctor's appointment, the nurse finished up the initial portion of the visit and said that if I needed something before the doctor came in, to just press the "buh-en" on the wall. After she closed the door, I mumbled, "I need you to pronounce the 't's in 'button'!"

Clayton didn't already have a rose in his room. He exited it and then came back in with it. Apparently, the production crew just happens to carry them around. I do think it was something that he decided at that moment and so he went in search of one. And, of course, production are pros at anticipating the possible outcomes of any given scenario and keep a few props on hand!

I don't think anyone took the cougar lady seriously and by flashing her age the editors were mocking her ridiculous claim, like, "Seriously? You're only 33, doofus!"

Edited by Scout Finch
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 1/4/2022 at 1:30 AM, EllenB said:

When do we get an eyeroll reaction emoji? This was the phoniest thing I've ever seen on this show.

I know I could be wrong already, since I just started watching the season last night and it´s already 8 episodes in, but I´m sure this horrible person will be back at some point, when she´s "ready" and "open". Ugh, she was awful and there are enough stunning blondes in the mix already. Something about the way this one spoke was very annoying and she had a popular mean-girl vibe.

• Love 1
On 1/4/2022 at 2:05 AM, Bluesky said:

Too big, you can see every tooth, and there are many, in his mouth. I don’t think he’s attractive at all.   Didn’t see the Bachelorette but he seems like the type they pick lately.  Ex athlete, tall , pale, Christian, Midwest, goofy haircut.  Yuck  

I thought he was by far the most handsome guy on Michelle´s season, he´s very cute and handsome at the same time. A proper bachelor pick imo and I just hope he isn´t faking how nice he is as well.

• Love 1