Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: The Fugitive

This show is stuck on stupid! I missed the first few minutes of the show and when I tune in she's talking about how she and Bird can't both be into the same guy. Then two seconds later she's heading over to go profess her feelings for him. WTF!  He just had sex with your friend and you're ready to jump in bed with him too? And its not like he has some great personality for her to be attracted too or she knows anything about him. Every time I looked at the screen she and Crash were making out. And they had the nerve to act like their relationship was deep too! And that ending so unrealistic! 

Do these writers think this is riveting television?

Soo....I see Carter is still leaking brain cells and rapidly losing any intelligence she once had. Absolutely no "Hey mom, why the fuck did you kidnap me 13 years ago? Are you really who they say you are? What's going on? Tell me the truth now" etc etc. 

It's looking more and more like my theory that this season is going to end with Carter leaving town with the kidnapper and Elizabeth and co. discovering it at the last moment. Cliffhanger! Lame.

• Love 2

This show is stuck on stupid! I missed the first few minutes of the show and when I tune in she's talking about how she and Bird can't both be into the same guy. Then two seconds later she's heading over to go profess her feelings for him. WTF!  He just had sex with your friend and you're ready to jump in bed with him too? And its not like he has some great personality for her to be attracted too or she knows anything about him. Every time I looked at the screen she and Crash were making out. And they had the nerve to act like their relationship was deep too! And that ending so unrealistic! 

Do these writers think this is riveting television?

You didn't miss anything, Carter was PO'd at Bird and then got over it again in the same scene like last time.

Soo....I see Carter is still leaking brain cells and rapidly losing any intelligence she once had. Absolutely no "Hey mom, why the fuck did you kidnap me 13 years ago? Are you really who they say you are? What's going on? Tell me the truth now" etc etc.

It's looking more and more like my theory that this season is going to end with Carter leaving town with the kidnapper and Elizabeth and co. discovering it at the last moment. Cliffhanger! Lame.

She might as well, it won't be much of a cliffhanger since we're supposed to actually care about what happens to her and I really don't care.  She doesn't even care or ask any freaking questions about her kidnapping at all and everyone else goes along with it.

And then the writers had Elizabeth be 'grateful' to Lori and then try to shame her for going up against Carter's new bf.  XD.

Edited by FAU

I like this show despite some things that drive me crazy.  To start off with I'd lose most of the friends.  I dislike Gabe, Ofe, Bird and Crash and I feel like they take away time we could see Carter bonding with her family.  I much prefer the family scenes.  Carter does annoy me at times, but I do feel that were slowly seeing her care for the Wilson's.  I also like the actress, even if I want to shaker Carter at times.

All that said this episode wasn't the best, especially since imo last week was the best episode we've seen so far.  The Gabe/Taylor date was pretty pointless, it was odd how Gabe seemed totally over Carter.

I'm not understanding what David is doing, why doesn't he just confront Elizabeth?  It's odd when I feel bad for the person who's cheating, but David is super weird.

Carter and Bird have the worst friendship ever.  To be fair though, in high school I did know girls who swapped guys all the time like that.  I never understood it.

Oh, and I saw the other say that the guy playing the grandpa on this show is the real life dad of Chris Pine.  Chris Pine is a hottie.

Anyway, here's hoping next week is better.

• Love 1

Carter and Bird have the worst friendship ever.  To be fair though, in high school I did know girls who swapped guys all the time like that.  I never understood it.

If anyone can call that a friendship, it's so erratically contrived.

I'm not understanding what David is doing, why doesn't he just confront Elizabeth?  It's odd when I feel bad for the person who's cheating, but David is super weird.

It's less that I feel sorry for her and more that I hate the people around her even more than her so the cheating feels trivial by comparison: Lori for obvious reasons and this show had her character be 'grateful' for her daughter's kidnapper, David for stabbing the family in the back, profiting off their tragedy all while playing Mr. Cool Dad and letting all the blame fall on her, and even Carter since they're not bothering to properly establish and develop her character properly except to contrive drama.

Edited by FAU

I just started watching this show on demand today, and I'm officially hooked, flaws aside. In both this episode and the last, I half expected Lori to snap and attack Max. I can't believe she pulled the "you used to be cool" card on the teenage stoner. He's definitely my favorite character. I like that he's not okay with what Lori did and doesn't trust her. He's the only one who knows her and feels that way. 

Carter really needs to just ask why her mother kidnapped her. If I were her, I'd use that burner phone Lori gave her to have that conversation rather than plan to go with her,

• Love 1

Oh, and I saw the other say that the guy playing the grandpa on this show is the real life dad of Chris Pine.  Chris Pine is a hottie.

Yes, Chris Pine is a hottie. Through my job, I've spent a lot of time with his dad, Robert, and he is a super nice guy. I always enjoy seeing him pop up on my TV.

I'm also feeling bad for Elizabeth even though she's cheating on her husband. David is just super creepy to me. 

I predict Carter will leave with her kidnapper then immediately regret it (which will be shown when/if the show comes back.)

Edited by calliope1975

I like that he's not okay with what Lori did and doesn't trust her. He's the only one who knows her and feels that way.

He's honestly the only character with any sense in this show.

• Love 3

So what are we really building to here? Elizabeth finally "learning compassion" from Carter and telling Lori she's super-sorry she judged her? I mean seriously, she's grateful to Lori? And we're supposed to see this as a good thing? I look forward to Elizabeth thanking Lori for teaching her a lesson by kidnapping her child. And then releasing every criminal she's ever put away because Carter thinks she should just be nicer to people. We really shouldn't even have cops, it's so judgmental! How dare we have law enforcement! People have hard lives!

Max continues to be the best thing about the show. "I'm completely.... dictory." "I used to think you were cool, too." (Probably neither quote is verbatim but I'm sure everyone remembers what I'm referring to!)

The Bird/Carter/Crash sequence made absolutely no sense at all.

Also, Crash sure proved himself to be on the straight-and-narrow by thirty minutes after being let off the hook just chilling out and giving some space and getaway time to a fugitive felon.

• Love 3

So what are we really building to here? Elizabeth finally "learning compassion" from Carter and telling Lori she's super-sorry she judged her? I mean seriously, she's grateful to Lori? And we're supposed to see this as a good thing? I look forward to Elizabeth thanking Lori for teaching her a lesson by kidnapping her child. And then releasing every criminal she's ever put away because Carter thinks she should just be nicer to people. We really shouldn't even have cops, it's so judgmental! How dare we have law enforcement! People have hard lives!

Max continues to be the best thing about the show. "I'm completely.... dictory." "I used to think you were cool, too." (Probably neither quote is verbatim but I'm sure everyone remembers what I'm referring to!)

The Bird/Carter/Crash sequence made absolutely no sense at all.

Also, Crash sure proved himself to be on the straight-and-narrow by thirty minutes after being let off the hook just chilling out and giving some space and getaway time to a fugitive felon.

It's what I've been afraid of with the whole Lori/Elizabeth situation, it's been heading that way for a while.

I still dgaf about her stupid friends and still think they're a huge waste of time.

If you stretch, it makes sense that Elizabeth is grateful Carter was taken by someone who took care of her and kept her safe and happy instead of a pedophile murderer, but yeah, it's a stretch that the word grateful would ever come to her mind.

I really don't know where they're taking this, but I hope Carter goes with Lori. Just so something will actually happen.

If you stretch, it makes sense that Elizabeth is grateful Carter was taken by someone who took care of her and kept her safe and happy instead of a pedophile murderer, but yeah, it's a stretch that the word grateful would ever come to her mind.

Oh, definitely. I guess I could even see Elizabeth saying that she's just generally grateful that Carter was taken care of. But "grateful to Lori?" No. Yikes.

Crash just getting off the hook made no sense. Made even worse by them trying to pretend he and Carter have something deep. Were we supposed to feel sorry for him because life is hard?

I must have missed something, but what was that card that David took at the end?

I didn't get this either. And while we're asking questions, does Max have a last name? I wanted to start a thread for him since he seems to be several people's favorite.

I must have missed something, but what was that card that David took at the end?

It was the hotel key card that Elizabeth's partner/boyfriend left for her.  And there is really no playing that off since Elizabeth's mom would not be sending anything by intra-office mail.

I still enjoy this show, but it is sometimes harder than it should be.  Thing are too rushed.  How are Crash and Carter so important to each other after a handful of encounters and single afternoon together?  How are we supposed to invested in that?  Especially considering we were treated [read:subjected] to the sounds of him screwing Bird just last week?  Whether or not Carter can forget that so fast, I had a little trouble.

I like that they are showing that Carter is starting to care about her family and that she was conflicted about Lori wanting to take her away.  But it felt like we only got the highlights of this transformation. I think it could have been accomplished in the 10 episodes available, if we'd spent a little less time on the friends and their endless crap.

All that said, Max is still the best.

Edited by RachelKM

Trope-corn indeed! "Start a life with you???" An hour before he was annoyed at Carter and they've never dated, but then a very sexually experienced drug-dealer/car-thief teenage boy has sex with a girl one time and decides he wants to spend his life with her? Yikes.

I'm also in agreement with story on the bit about "that boy" never having had anyone believe in him. Carter says this about someone she just has sex with? Shudder.

• Love 2

I didn't get this either. And while we're asking questions, does Max have a last name? I wanted to start a thread for him since he seems to be several people's favorite.

I checked IMDB, & he doesn't appear to have a last name (yet), he's just called Max. I guess you could call the thread "Max, like Cher, only not"

Thanks for the info on the card, the board is wonky & keeps telling me I don't have permission to do stuff so I can't quote or mention. Putting it in an interoffice envelope seems really stupid to me. Why wouldn't he just hand it to her & let her put it in her pocket? How did David even know it was in the envelope?

I checked IMDB, & he doesn't appear to have a last name (yet), he's just called Max. I guess you could call the thread "Max, like Cher, only not"

Thanks for the info on the card, the board is wonky & keeps telling me I don't have permission to do stuff so I can't quote or mention. Putting it in an interoffice envelope seems really stupid to me. Why wouldn't he just hand it to her & let her put it in her pocket? How did David even know it was in the envelope?

I'd prefer "Max: A Character with Benefits"

AS for the the office mail thing, I thought it was stupid too.  He could have handed it to her or left the card at the front desk.  And I have no idea how or even if David knew what was in the envelope.  He could have just snooped or become suspicious about her overly nonchalant reaction to it.  

Having been ingtrigued by the premise, I've been trying to hang in with this show, but this episode was even more of a mess than those preceding it. So much stupid in the dialogue and tropes, as Sarah wrote about in the link above. I felt like i was watching a teen soap written by middle schoolers. Let me add one or two things that stuck out for me: Cash's ultra-slovenly mom and his home being not just a trailer, but apparently a trailer in some post-apocalyptic wasteland? That pizza places will still deliver to? His dizzying ascent to woobiness (I KILLED MY BROTHER!!)? People celebrating anniversaries of their extramarital affair? Max and Taylor suddenly being derailed by Gabe and both of them stupidly hiding their real feelings (okay, Taylor is inexperienced, but Max has been written thus far as a kid who is very emotionally honest)? WHO IS WRITING THIS SHIT?

I have to add that this is my first MTV show since (dont laugh too hard) Undressed back in the dark ages (oh, and one episode of that show about the kid who had a really big dick? Holy Curmudgeon batman, but that's a discussion for another thread). The production values have improved but yikes, the storytelling is just awful. 

• Love 1

AS for the the office mail thing, I thought it was stupid too.  He could have handed it to her or left the card at the front desk.  And I have no idea how or even if David knew what was in the envelope.  He could have just snooped or become suspicious about her overly nonchalant reaction to it.  

If he didn't know for sure what the card is, then as far as he knew, he could be taking evidence from a case. That's pretty serious.

It was the hotel key card that Elizabeth's partner/boyfriend left for her.  And there is really no playing that off since Elizabeth's mom would not be sending anything by intra-office mail.

If he didn't know for sure what the card is, then as far as he knew, he could be taking evidence from a case. That's pretty serious.

Omigawd! Thank you, GaT! I'm all for David being sneaky and trying to bust Elizabeth (although I wish the writing was better), but there is no f*cking reason why he would know what that hotel key-card was for!! I hope this all backfires on him in some way because he is the worst.

My frustration with Carter reached new heights in this ep. Her schmoopy ridiculousness with Crash, every conversation with Elizabeth, the fact that she didn't IMMEDIATELY QUESTION LORI ABOUT WHY SHE WAS KIDNAPPED...sigh

I just really wanted to punch her. 

And there wasn't enough Grant in this episode! Boo.

I would hope that even this fictional police department would not hand evidence, and thus chain of custody, through interoffice envelope closed with string-button closure and addressed on repeat use lines.  Who am I kidding? With this show, it totally could have been evidence.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 2

I would hope that even this fictional police department would not hand evidence, and thus chain of custody, through interoffice envelope closed with string-button closure and addressed on repeat use lines.  Who am I kidding? With this show, it totally could have been evidence.

I take it that you're not a Pretty Little Liars viewer LOL

• Love 2

I really don't know where they're taking this, but I hope Carter goes with Lori. Just so something will actually happen.

It's the way they framed it that makes it all the more disgusting with Elizabeth pretty much being walked all over by criminals that she is then forced to make concessions when they're the ones who should be doing that.

Sure, Carter could've ended up worse but it's the way this show is trying to portray things that just makes it all the worse.

I have to add that this is my first MTV show since (dont laugh too hard) Undressed back in the dark ages (oh, and one episode of that show about the kid who had a really big dick? Holy Curmudgeon batman, but that's a discussion for another thread). The production values have improved but yikes, the storytelling is just awful.

Even on MTV, they have better shows than this, at the very least some of those other shows actually stick to their premise.

Omigawd! Thank you, GaT! I'm all for David being sneaky and trying to bust Elizabeth (although I wish the writing was better), but there is no f*cking reason why he would know what that hotel key-card was for!! I hope this all backfires on him in some way because he is the worst.

Knowing this show, she'll get shamed again, probably Carter will hate her even more and get back at her with some stupid bs and David will play Mr. Saintly Cool Dad all while Elizabeth gets to be painted as the villain again.

Trope-corn indeed! "Start a life with you???" An hour before he was annoyed at Carter and they've never dated, but then a very sexually experienced drug-dealer/car-thief teenage boy has sex with a girl one time and decides he wants to spend his life with her? Yikes.

I'm also in agreement with story on the bit about "that boy" never having had anyone believe in him. Carter says this about someone she just has sex with? Shudder.

This was the guy that was making out with her so called friend in the last episode and almost got her into trouble with the police had she been caught and suddenly they're throwing true love in this bs.

I'm hoping for Carter goes with Lori, but then realizes she doesn't doesn't want to, but Lori won't let her go home, thus making Carter realize she really is a kidnapper with flashbacks to the original abduction.

• Love 4

So because Carter wuvs Crash he's exempt from jail time? Give me a break! What message is this writer trying to send?

It's the way they framed it that makes it all the more disgusting with Elizabeth pretty much being walked all over by criminals that she is then forced to make concessions when they're the ones who should be doing that.

Sure, Carter could've ended up worse but it's the way this show is trying to portray things that just makes it all the worse.

This was the guy that was making out with her so called friend in the last episode and almost got her into trouble with the police had she been caught and suddenly they're throwing true love in this bs.

He didnt make out with her friend. He had sex with her!

• Love 1

Loudly and 20 feet and a flimsy door from Carter.  Which made their sudden R+J/Us against the world thing a bit hard to buy into.  

• Love 2

His dizzying ascent to woobiness

HAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA ugh seriously. And I think the actor is doing a pretty decent job with the variations on a theme of horseshit he's asked to play each week, but come on, writers. Remember shit that happened a week ago, please? Like Max and Taylor canoodling on her bed for a pretty long time?

Also maybe don't cast someone who's two feet taller than Prescott, but I guess that horse is out of the barn. (But not in prison!)

So because Carter wuvs Crash he's exempt from jail time? Give me a break! What message is this writer trying to send?

Oh yeah, that makes it even worse.

Idk wtf the writer are trying to do.

• Love 1

I can't help it. All the criticisms of this show are on point, and yet...I still like it. The premise is being squandered, people are not acting like people, opportunities are being wasted...maybe it's PTSD after the clusterfuck that Twisted became, but I can't get worked up about it. I would like the show to be better, but for summer entertainment I'm findig it adequate. I mean what else am I going to watch at 10pm on Tuesday in August?

Crash's evolution into Dream!Boyfriend strikes me as writerly course-correction. Maybe they saw after a few episodes that Gabe's intensity was coming off stalker-y, not romantic. And IMO KP has better chemistry with the Crash actor anyway. The carousel of hookups is a little icky, but no one seems phased by it so if that's how they roll...It just reminds me that this is MTV, and their business model is based on putting drunk teens in titillating situations.

But they really should have given us Lori's POV before this. She's definitely coming off as a loose cannon (I thought she was going to clock Max a couple of times) but if they want to make her sympathetic in the least they should have given more information about the abduction or the circumstances surrounding it by now. Yeah Carter should be asking these questions but how about a little old flashback or whatever? I would love to see Meredith Baxter in an '01 wig, Betty Brodericking up the joint or what have you.

• Love 4

She's definitely coming off as a loose cannon (I thought she was going to clock Max a couple of times) but if they want to make her sympathetic in the least they should have given more information about the abduction or the circumstances surrounding it by now.

What could possibly be done to make her sympathetic? She is acting like a straight up deranged asshole when she talks to Max, who is the only character smart enough to now see through her bullshit. Are we going to have some crappy OOC flashback where shady!Dad was snorting coke and Elizabeth was an abusive alcoholic who beat and neglected Carter so Lori was the gracious saint who liberated her from such awful awful parents? This lady is an unrepentant kidnapper. Nothing logical can be done to "make her sympathetic". But this is MTV, so I'm sure they'll try. And then fail. 

• Love 3

It just reminds me that this is MTV, and their business model is based on putting drunk teens in titillating situations.

What drunk teens in titillating situations? If your talking about the Real World those people are always adults. Granted the only other show I watch on MTV is Teen Wolf but not even that show has the amount of foolishness this one does. 

I can't help it. All the criticisms of this show are on point, and yet...I still like it. The premise is being squandered, people are not acting like people, opportunities are being wasted...maybe it's PTSD after the clusterfuck that Twisted became, but I can't get worked up about it. I would like the show to be better, but for summer entertainment I'm findig it adequate. I mean what else am I going to watch at 10pm on Tuesday in August?

This honestly does reminds me of Twisted, I see similar problems and even many of my worries when this series started has come true.

Crash's evolution into Dream!Boyfriend strikes me as writerly course-correction. Maybe they saw after a few episodes that Gabe's intensity was coming off stalker-y, not romantic. And IMO KP has better chemistry with the Crash actor anyway. The carousel of hookups is a little icky, but no one seems phased by it so if that's how they roll...It just reminds me that this is MTV, and their business model is based on putting drunk teens in titillating situations.

That's not really saying much considering the love triangle consists of a bland stalker LI that looks like that guy from The 100 and the typical cliched Bad Boy stereotypes where he's pretty much a redneck trailer trash stereotype.

But they really should have given us Lori's POV before this. She's definitely coming off as a loose cannon (I thought she was going to clock Max a couple of times) but if they want to make her sympathetic in the least they should have given more information about the abduction or the circumstances surrounding it by now. Yeah Carter should be asking these questions but how about a little old flashback or whatever? I would love to see Meredith Baxter in an '01 wig, Betty Brodericking up the joint or what have you.

She's just not sympathetic at all no matter how much they try to since she's a kidnapper and if they try to change that it would completely undermine the premise, which it's already ruining in the first place.  She comes off as deranged and then constantly having to put up with scenes of Carter bitching out Elizabeth for being so mean to the kidnapper who put their family through hell all these years only makes it worse.

What could possibly be done to make her sympathetic? She is acting like a straight up deranged asshole when she talks to Max, who is the only character smart enough to now see through her bullshit. Are we going to have some crappy OOC flashback where shady!Dad was snorting coke and Elizabeth was an abusive alcoholic who beat and neglected Carter so Lori was the gracious saint who liberated her from such awful awful parents? This lady is an unrepentant kidnapper. Nothing logical can be done to "make her sympathetic". But this is MTV, so I'm sure they'll try. And then fail.

Well there's your problem.

She's just not sympathetic at all no matter how much they try to since she's a kidnapper and if they try to change that it would completely undermine the premise

I'd say they're doing that by straight-up ignoring it 90% of the time. I do think it's possible to make her, if not sympathetic, then a character you could have some compassion for if she's legitimately mentally ill, but putting that sort of nuance -- or any other sort -- in the hands of Milena Govich is not going to work out.

• Love 2

I'd say they're doing that by straight-up ignoring it 90% of the time. I do think it's possible to make her, if not sympathetic, then a character you could have some compassion for if she's legitimately mentally ill, but putting that sort of nuance -- or any other sort -- in the hands of Milena Govich is not going to work out.

Which is why it doesn't work at all and it's not just her character, the other subplots aren't working out as well.  They can shove in the stupid love you more bs all they want, it just doesn't work.

This is a random observation but is anyone else distracted by the horrible music choices on this show? I realize that MTV uses their shows to promote new music (notice the constant Song and Artist scroll that runs on the bottom of the screen) but honestly who is picking this stuff? I was particularly distracted while David was digging through his wife’s underwear drawer while a catchy diddy was playing in the background. I mean what? Kathryn Prescott’s old show Skins was THE BEST at matching the music to the scene. Here is just seems like they are randomly throwing songs in to meet some sort of quota and it’s not working.

This is a random observation but is anyone else distracted by the horrible music choices on this show? I realize that MTV uses their shows to promote new music (notice the constant Song and Artist scroll that runs on the bottom of the screen) but honestly who is picking this stuff? I was particularly distracted while David was digging through his wife’s underwear drawer while a catchy diddy was playing in the background. I mean what? Kathryn Prescott’s old show Skins was THE BEST at matching the music to the scene. Here is just seems like they are randomly throwing songs in to meet some sort of quota and it’s not working.

Agreed and it's not just the music, it's also the writing, direction, etc.

My biggest question is who pays $77.00 for a thong? This is the same woman who complained about buying a used car for the girls. And I agree the dad is creepy, but she was so transparent in her lie to him that I felt sorry for him. The way Elizabeth talked about the overnight with her mom, it was pretty clear she was lying. 

I don't believe for a minute that Carter would actually run off to Russia or wherever with her crazy kidnapper. She likes her new friends and Crash too much. If they actually show her running away I will be surprised. 

I continue to really like Taylor, Max and Grant. Taylor does a wonderful job of portraying an actual teen, while Carter has always seemed in her 20's to me. It's not the actresses actual age or looks, it is the writing. And considering how she was raised, it should be the opposite. Carter was raised to believe in fun all the time and with a 'best friend mom', so she should be more happy go lucky and immature. Taylor was raised by a sad, heart-broken Policewoman mom. Not saying that all kids turn out like you would expect, but for the viewers, they need to make sense.

Also wish they hadn't shown the whole "blames himself for his brothers death' thing; not everyone needs to have a sob story. 

Also wish they hadn't shown the whole "blames himself for his brothers death' thing; not everyone needs to have a sob story.

It's to fulfill every quota of the cliched bad boy stereotype right down to his poor, redneck, white trailer trash with angst issues.

I don't believe for a minute that Carter would actually run off to Russia or wherever with her crazy kidnapper. She likes her new friends and Crash too much. If they actually show her running away I will be surprised.

That's the problem the show has cornered itself, they've had her constantly go on and on about her 'real' mom without asking any questions about her kidnapping or having any care about the situation at all.

• Love 2

I wish they would give us just one episode without any of the friends around.  Let the family interact for awhile.

I hate them, all they do is waste time on their own bs (like this series doesn't have enough) and they add nothing good or important to the series.

Agreed and it's not just the music, it's also the writing, direction, etc.

We know at this point that you dislike the writing and direction on this show (and I agree with you that they're definitely not great!), but why not provide some examples of how they're bad? 

We know at this point that you dislike the writing and direction on this show (and I agree with you that they're definitely not great!), but why not provide some examples of how they're bad? 

I have stated examples in my previous posts since you should know all about that.

I have a problem with the awkward characterizations, some of the laziest cliches that are contrived, the writers' need to try and avoid much of the fallout/situation of the kidnapping itself and treating it more of an afterthought of a plot device just to get Carter here so they can have her do stupid things with her 1 dimensional cardboard cut out friends who basically just go along with whatever she wants to do and do stupid things like wasting half an episode on their dumb 7 miuntes of heaven game.  Like I said before, it wastes a good premise and even as a teen drama(which is how I'm judging), it's terrible.  The last episode not only had Elizabeth having to be grateful for the kidnapper who put her family through hell but also the criminal Carter likes because of some cliched angsty backstory that's like a mish mash of all the Bad Boy cliches imagineable.

Edited by FAU

I don't have a problem with how they're playing Lori. They're playing her as a wack-a-doodle and just stringing out Carter realizing and acknowledging it. I'm okay with that, because it means they won't do more than flirt with the idea of Carter leaving with her, and put it back in her lap to realize the problems with that.

I DO have a problem with NuCrash.  I don't care if we learn he's had a tough life.  He's a scumbag thief and drug dealer.  Stop trying to mitigate that show, with Sad Music of Sadness, a mean home life, and Car Crash Backstory.  

• Love 2

I don't have a problem with how they're playing Lori. They're playing her as a wack-a-doodle and just stringing out Carter realizing and acknowledging it. I'm okay with that, because it means they won't do more than flirt with the idea of Carter leaving with her, and put it back in her lap to realize the problems with that.

But they're not, Lori is crazy but they're not having Carter realizing like they should've built up throughout the screen time they've wasted on other bs.  Carter has been 'Lori is my real mom and I want to be with her' over and over again.  Without the proper build up, it will end up being a complete 180 on her part.  Even Max's character has gotten the realization about Lori part better and that's because there's some actual set up for his character from when he was in the pilot to now, Carter doesn't have that.

Carter obviously can't leave or not for long/as a cliffhanger because of the premise (or vaguely at this point).

I DO have a problem with NuCrash.  I don't care if we learn he's had a tough life.  He's a scumbag thief and drug dealer.  Stop trying to mitigate that show, with Sad Music of Sadness, a mean home life, and Car Crash Backstory.

The show seems to love these characters or in this case cliched caricatures, that's why they shamed Elizabeth into being grateful for Lori and has to help out this guy because Carter like him.

Edited by FAU