Type keyword(s) to search

Media for Somebody Somewhere

• Start Topic

Just had to post this - how in the hell did Bridgett Everett (or anything from this show) not get an Emmy nomination? I realize there are 400 million shows out there but this is inexcusable. Sorry, had to rant.

• Love 6
On 7/13/2022 at 6:52 AM, xander874 said:

Just had to post this - how in the hell did Bridgett Everett (or anything from this show) not get an Emmy nomination? I realize there are 400 million shows out there but this is inexcusable. Sorry, had to rant.

Agree! It's enraging! She and Jeff Hiller both deserved to be nominated and win. Grrrr.

• Love 4

Just saw this.  Yeah, it’s amazing, but I’ve come to the conclusion that all the awards are really BS anyway.  I look at some winners and then others who didn’t get nominated even…..absurd.  I don’t even watch award shows anymore.  I was glad that Michael Keaton was recognized for Dopesick.  His performance was memorable.  

• Like 1

Somebody Somewhere Season 2      April 23, 2023      HBO       10:30pm

The seven-episode season 2 premiere is April 23, 2023 with a 2 episode season finale on May 28, 2023.

Somebody Somewhere follows Sam (played by Everett), a true Kansan on the surface, but, beneath it all, struggling to fit the hometown mold. Grappling with loss and acceptance, singing is Sam’s saving grace and leads her on a journey to discover herself and a community of outsiders who don’t fit in but don’t give up, showing that finding your people, and finding your voice, is possible. Anywhere. Somewhere. Season two reminds us that families are hard, even the fun ones. Sam and Joel (Jeff Hiller) have settled into a comfy routine. But nothing stays the same forever.

Season 2 cast: Cast includes Bridget Everett (Sam), Jeff Hiller (Joel), Mary Catherine Garrison (Tricia), Jane Brody (Mary Jo), Murray Hill (Fred Rococo), Mercedes White (Tiffani), Kailey Albus (Shannon), and Meighan Gerachis (Irma). New cast includes Tim Bagley (Brad), Jennifer Mudge (Susan), and Barbara Robertson (Darlene).

• Love 4

Somebody Somewhere has been nominated for a Peabody Award!

From Deadline:

Full List of Nominations for the 83rd Annual Peabody Awards

Winners will be announced May 9, with a ceremony to take place June 11 at the Beverly Wilshire, the Peabodys’ first in Los Angeles.

Somebody Somewhere

Bridget Everett created and stars in this quiet gem of a dramedy, which follows her character Sam through small-town Kansas life as she grieves her sister’s death and works a soul-deadening job, but also finds salvation in a new friendship with a fellow outcast, in the music they make together and in the community they find.

HBO in association with Duplass Brothers Productions and Mighty Mint (HBO Max)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 5/19/2023 at 12:32 PM, Iseut said:

Another fun article about Bridget in Rolling Stone. I like this media push for her and the show, and hopeful that it helps her and the show's Emmy consideration campaign, and also leads to more seasons!

The Bawdy and Beautiful Rise of Bridget Everett

Now, she’s firmly focused on keeping her HBO series real and raw. She tucked a menopause joke into one of the new episodes, she says, adding, “If we get Season Three, we’re going to have a full-blown town hall about hot flashes and dry twats.” 

Oh please let this show get a season 3!!!

• Applause 2

Bridget is on Today today, with Hoda and Jen.  They showed some photos of her family from her childhood.  Her mom died a couple of weeks ago.  She says she’s hoping for a Season 3 of the show.  It’s on now, so no link available.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, luna1122again said:

It's been renewed! Yay, I'm so happy.

ME TOO!

From Deadline -

“We’re thrilled to announce the third season of the honest and impactful Somebody Somewhere,” said Amy Gravitt, EVP HBO and Max Comedy Programming. “Nothing makes us smile quite like this show, which never fails to remind us that life is made up of the small moments, that family can be chosen, and that dreams don’t have deadlines.”

• Like 3
  • Love 1

While I'm not a reporter or member of the media I can share that I drove by them filming the other day.  Very busy set.  Unable to take any pictures though, sorry! 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1