Type keyword(s) to search

S37.E20: Reunion Parts 1 and 2

shantown
  • Start Topic

The world's greatest agents are back to breakdown their covert chess moves from Season 37, and Maria Menouonos gets to the bottom of every conspiracy. Is Amber seeking revenge against Fessy? Will Tori and Amanda ever be friends?

Airs 12/22/21 (8:00-11:00pm) on MTV

When Emy said that the money was such a big deal for her, especially in Romania….I checked and the average household income is around $5,700 a year, so that $50,000 really  was life changing.  

Kyle didn’t say much, but what he did say about Kaycee and Nany was sweet.  

I thought Big T’s complaint about CT encouraging and being supportive… I didn’t quite understand the problem.   He was trying to build up her confidence.   

Fessy wanting to box CT was ridiculous.   

• Love 5

This reunion was a nice change of pace from the norm, which makes sense for a season that ended with the winners sharing the money with hugging and celebrating together at the end. Many genuinely seemed happy for Kaycee and Nany, a couple arguments came down to “we’re all friends so I had to root against a friend,” one of the biggest complaints was CT being too supportive, and everyone sang along with Emy at the end. I will take that over Fessy drama and nonstop yelling any day. There was still Fessy drama and a lot of yelling, but it was nice not to be bogged down in that for the entire reunion. 

I do wish they still did a clip package of “The S#!* They Should Have Shown” like the old days though! 

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, shantown said:

I do wish they still did a clip package of “The S#!* They Should Have Shown” like the old days though! 

I used to skip the reunions and watch the clip shows. I loved the clip shows. I would watch 3 hours of that.

There was no chance in hell I was watching a 3 hour reunion though.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

I used to skip the reunions and watch the clip shows. I loved the clip shows. I would watch 3 hours of that.

There was no chance in hell I was watching a 3 hour reunion though.

Turns out it was a two-hour reunion. The third hour was an episode of All Stars season 2…trying to stir up some subscribers for Paramount+, I guess.

• Love 4

Not gonna lie...Josh looked really cute tonight with his hair grown out like that.

Did Logan say anything at all? I kept forgetting he was there. And I'd completely forgotten Tacha and don't really remember her on the show. But what was she wearing? Looked like some sci-fi wedding dress.

It was fun seeing everyone enjoying themselves and dancing around to Emy's song at the end, even though the song itself is kinda cringey, lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

I could have done with less Amanda (especially about her and Fessy) and more....just about anything else.  I wish Maria M. had asked Devin if he can now see the somewhat impossible position he put Tori in when she -- out of her own control -- was switched from Emerald to Ruby.  

I was surprised they even showed Ashley in a clip; I thought she wouldn't be mentioned at all.  No mention of Aneesa though....did she have a conflict and couldn't attend or did she just not make the cut?  

• Love 3

Amsterdam is in an interesting choice. It was nice to see some of the non-US peeps able to attend in person.  Any backstory on why CT & Cory opted out?

Way too much Amanda, who doesn't seen to realize that Tori's living rent-free in her head.  I get just not liking some people, but Amanda's constant social media posts border on obsession, not the indifference she claims. I also could live without hearing details on Fessy's various conquests and I still don't see anything remotely attractive about Emanuel.  

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, snarts said:

Amsterdam is in an interesting choice. It was nice to see some of the non-US peeps able to attend in person.  Any backstory on why CT & Cory opted out?

Way too much Amanda, who doesn't seen to realize that Tori's living rent-free in her head.  I get just not liking some people, but Amanda's constant social media posts border on obsession, not the indifference she claims. I also could live without hearing details on Fessy's various conquests and I still don't see anything remotely attractive about Emanuel.  

Cory is un-vaxxed and it was a requirement for the location.  CT is filming a movie.

• Love 3

Actually watched the whole two hour reunion live. There was too much Amanda. She's borderline obsessed with Tori. Sometimes I wonder if the real reason she doesn't like Tori is because Fessy was interested in Tori at some point. Fessy wanting to box CT is just ridiculous and for his own male ego, as was him voting in Amber. Nany voted Amber in because not only was Amber a threat to her game, she was a threat to Kacey's game as well. It must be chewing Fessy up inside that Kacey won with CT. 

I forgot who Tacha was. Logan was there but barely. The conversation between Amber and Kacey was clearly edited, and poorly at that. I think they should have had Devyn host this reunion, I think it would have been much better. I like that TJ made an appearance too. Average reunion, thankfully nothing else was on TV. I miss the $#!+ they should have shown shows. I bet this season had a lot of $#!+ they should have shown. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

Cory is un-vaxxed and it was a requirement for the location.  CT is filming a movie.

Wait, they let him film the season unvaccinated?  Maybe that's the real reason he's announced he's taking a break, using his daughter as the excuse when he's really just an antivaxxer. 

Happy for CT on the movie role. Talk about a glow-up, he just gets better with age. I can see him eventually replacing TJ as the host. 

I agree that Devyn should host all Challenge reunions.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 12/22/2021 at 10:05 PM, DEL901 said:

When Emy said that the money was such a big deal for her, especially in Romania….I checked and the average household income is around $5,700 a year, so that $50,000 really  was life changing.  

Kyle didn’t say much, but what he did say about Kaycee and Nany was sweet.  

I thought Big T’s complaint about CT encouraging and being supportive… I didn’t quite understand the problem.   He was trying to build up her confidence.   

Fessy wanting to box CT was ridiculous.   

IMO, Big T's issue with CT being supportive was that it was hollow as fuck. He would say sweet things to her face but in the talking heads he talked about wanting her gone or wanting to avoid working with her at all costs. To her, a friend wouldn't be like that. CT was a bit of a dick in the talking heads so it was bound to annoy some people.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, MMLEsq said:

No mention of Aneesa though....did she have a conflict and couldn't attend or did she just not make the cut?  

I 100% forgot Aneesa was even on this season. I checked because I thought maybe you were thinking of last season. But nope! And she wasn't even the first one out! I forgot that Nam was on this season for a split second too.

Speaking of missing challengers, I wish Ed had been at the reunion. I really liked him this season, I hope he's back in the future.

• Love 7

I watched the first half. The only thing I get from this is that Amanda is very angry and makes absolutely zero sense.

Amanda’s explanation of her dislike for Tori and continuing this hostility toward her didn’t make much sense to me. Somebody having too many boyfriends is a reason for not liking them and constantly being hostile?

They don’t have to be friends but there is really no need for the aggression.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 3

Why was Priscilla not there? I actually was more impressed with her than any other rookie this season.

Kaycee keeps saying that she doesn’t trust Amber, but she never says why. Wasn’t Amber doing everything to try to work with/protect Big Brother on both of her Challenge seasons? Something is…off with Kaycee, and I haven’t forgotten how she gaslit Bayleigh.

I’m not crazy about Emy being considered by the show as rookie of the year and wish the show wouldn’t keep trying to make her happen.

The Fessy love amongst most of the cast (minus CT, Amber, and Amanda) still baffles me. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, jsm1125 said:

I’m not crazy about Emy being considered by the show as rookie of the year and wish the show wouldn’t keep trying to make her happen. 

I skipped the reunion, first time in a long time, simply because I couldn't stomach another minute of Emy.   She brings nothing to the show and is annoying as fuck in the process.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 12/23/2021 at 11:11 AM, DEL901 said:

Most Dangerous Game

CT needs a new IMDb profile pic. 

A father and son are washed ashore after their steamer ship explodes. The men find refuge on a mysterious island where their nefarious host, reveals to them that the island is his game preserve where human beings serve as the ultimate hunt

Starring Judd Nelson, Tom Berenger, Bruce Dern ...

Is the steamer ship The Love Boat?

Straight to video.  Or maybe the Syfy Channel.

21 hours ago, jsm1125 said:

The Fessy love amongst most of the cast (minus CT, Amber, and Amanda) still baffles me. 

I have a bad feeling we'll be stuck with these two jerks for a long time.   In the case of Fessy, at least until he finally manages to win one.  The problem with both Fessy and Emy is that they have no funny/quirky/relatable side to their personalities, nothing to offset their repellent qualities.  Until recently, that was a vital part of almost every challenger's resume.

• Love 2

I believe Kaycee's mistrust of Amber is simply disdain for a Challenge winner.  Kaycee and Fessy are a lot alike, thinking they are better than everyone and anyone else is unworthy.   At least Kaycee is a BB winner, Fessy hasn't won Jack and his conceit is embarrassing. Plus, who dresses that boy. His clothes don't fit and look like they come from the teenage boy department at JC Penneys

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
On 12/24/2021 at 10:40 PM, millennium said:

I skipped the reunion, first time in a long time, simply because I couldn't stomach another minute of Emy.   She brings nothing to the show and is annoying as fuck in the process.

She didn't really say anything during the reunion other than responding to a question about being a rookie that went all the way. And her song was at the end. Easy to skip.

My name is Maria and I am going to take those clips of CT saying “thank you Maria” and TJ saying “much love Maria” (he rolled his r!) and make them my ringtone.

Hey, Maria - Amanda and Tori are under no obligation to like each other or get along.  There is nothing they need to bury.

Emy is a better singer than rapper.  Also oh my god STOP with the Uncle CT shit it’s creepy and gross.

CT won with Amber, and then won with Kaycee.  Next season CT needs to win with Amanda and Faysal’s misery will be absolutely compete.

I’m starting to come around to liking Amanda and I hate it.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Racj82 said:

She didn't really say anything during the reunion other than responding to a question about being a rookie that went all the way. And her song was at the end. Easy to skip.

She was pretty extra and had a lot to say in that argument with Berna.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, atomic said:

She was pretty extra and had a lot to say in that argument with Berna.

You may be right. After a certain point, when the yelling continues, I fast forward. Regardless, she's not really a reason to not watch the reunion. If one wanted to watch. If one hates Amanda though.. .skip at all costs.

9 hours ago, mojoween said:

I came down with a case of that this season.   In hindsight, I think I was just grateful for someone -- anyone -- with a personality, especially in the wake of Ashley's departure.

The current casting director should be fired. 

• Love 1
On 12/26/2021 at 12:13 PM, mojoween said:

Surprisingly, I also came around to liking Amanda this season. That is something I never thought would happen. I’ve always considered Amanda a very bitter and angry person and watching people being bitter isn’t fun.

I only watched the first half of the reunion but I found myself reverting back to that dislike for Amanda after watching because of the Tori-Amanda “beef.” I wanted to understand why Amanda has so much hostility toward Tori. From what I understand based off what Amanda said, there is nothing that Tori did wrong to Amanda to cause Amanda to be actively hostile to Tori. Amanda just doesn’t like the way Tori navigates her life.

I was thinking when Maria M. asked how can Tori and Amanda get past this and I chuckled because it’s impossible. The problem is completely one-sided. The problem only exists in Amanda’s head. There is no hatchet to bury. This will continue on until Amanda stops giving a f*ck about how Tori moves through life.

On 12/26/2021 at 10:02 PM, millennium said:

In hindsight, I think I was just grateful for someone -- anyone -- with a personality, especially in the wake of Ashley's departure.

Same here. I liked Amanda’s gameplay also. She was the only one willing to breathe fire on everything.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 1

I watched the first ninety minutes before tapping out, and I recorded the rest. It was too cold where I was watching. Natch, MTV wound up running two hours of Reunion, followed by the first episode of All Stars . . . because fuck you if you use a DVR. I honestly thought they'd do three hours of Reunion special.

I wound up recording the last half-hour before finding out the episode wasn't that long. I've forgotten most of it already. Metaphor for SLA if there ever was one. I'm thinking "Alien" would have been considered a "banger" if someone other than Emy was singing it. She's probably not bad at that, but most of the memories I have involve her being EXHAUSTING.

Sad that we're probably never going to get direct word about how Ashley was kicked off, or how Big T allegedly disrespected "Alien." But "Who Ate The Pizza"? Maria is all over that shit!!!

From what I've heard, the next season won't be filmed until next month. Given the crap of the last few editions, that might be for the best.

On 12/22/2021 at 10:08 PM, shantown said:

Does this count?

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1
On 12/23/2021 at 11:09 AM, snarts said:

Wait, they let him film the season unvaccinated?  Maybe that's the real reason he's announced he's taking a break, using his daughter as the excuse when he's really just an antivaxxer. 

Happy for CT on the movie role. Talk about a glow-up, he just gets better with age. I can see him eventually replacing TJ as the host. 

I agree that Devyn should host all Challenge reunions.

Just because he didn't get and doesn't want this covid shot, doesn't mean he's an anti-vaxxer.  The Covid shot is not a vaccine.  And no one should be forced into taking it.  His body, his choice.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, RaindropT said:

Just because he didn't get and doesn't want this covid shot, doesn't mean he's an anti-vaxxer.  The Covid shot is not a vaccine.  And no one should be forced into taking it.  His body, his choice.

No one is forcing him to do anything.  The venue required the covid vaccine.  Their venue, their choice.  His choice meant he stayed home and didn't get to go to the reunion, and maybe not further Challenges.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12