Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Private Parts

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No spoilers.  That means no media or social media that was published after the time that the episode was filmed. 

• Start Topic

Jazz plans a rally for Black Trans Lives with Peppermint as the headliner. When Sander finds out his date hasn't had gender affirmation surgery, he finds himself questioning their potential for intimacy. Meanwhile, Jeanette cuts loose over cocktails.

Original air date 2021.12.21

18 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Isn't this the fourth or fifth time Jeanette has "cut loose over cocktails"?  We are beginning to see how the family tendency toward addiction is playing out in her case...

And we already know from last week how unhealthy her relationship with food is. TLC, time to pull the plug and give this family privacy. 

• Love 4

Was Peppermint trying to say that Sander should date trans women who haven't had bottom surgery just because the "frat bros" won't do that? That just seems weird. I'm sorry, most people can't help what they are attracted to, and if the downstairs doesn't get Sander going, he can't really change it. And I think it's unfair to say people should just basically suck it up and pretend the physical attraction is there when it isn't. Sander could meet an absolutely gorgeous cis woman and then find out they don't have physical chemistry, should he just suck it up then? Of course not. Relationships end because of problems in the bedroom all the time, going into one with intimacy issues right at the start is begging for it to fail.

• Love 21

I get that all of these shows I love to watch are highly scripted. Jazz has crossed over edge now and has lost all that I enjoyed about Jazz' journey. Too many crazy storylines/guest characters/actors that producers are trying to pull together with a common thread. May pop in for snark, but am done with the show. 

• Love 10

I'm also not watching this season because 1) I just can't, and 2) I'd have to pay for it and I don't want to contribute to this dumpster fire.  But I really appreciate the posters here who are taking a hit for the team and keeping us updated.  I owe you one.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

This is getting to be too much crap.  What do these folks do when they're not filming?  Apparently Jazz cruises fast food joints and finds time to meet someone to have sex with.  Sander travels to New York to hang out in hot tubs with a 41 year old.  They both need jobs.  Does Jeanette hang out and drink with people who don't want to be on tv?  Because every friend we get to see hasn't seen her in aaaages.  Why don't they have these "important events" unless they're being filmed?  And yes, "Peppermint", it will indeed be trite and performative if they're throwing it together in a week for the film cameras.  As for him being attracted to "the perceived notion of the body parts a woman should have" - there's nothing wrong with that.  What's wrong is his fake-dating transwomen for a storyline on his show.  (Trite and performative, anyone?)   As is the suggestion that he should get over Hope's male genitals as an example to his frat brothers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Onefineday said:

The show has definitely run its course.  It probably should have ended when Jazz received her acceptance to Harvard.

Agreed.  This week's synopsis: Jazz plans a rally (seen that before), Janette goes out drinking (seen that before).  Most people's lives just aren't interesting enough to sustain a TV show.

• Love 9

Sander’s acting stinks.

I kept getting this feeling I was watching a college-project PSA aimed at elementary school kids on what is and is not appropriate when interacting with a trans woman or trans man.  Or potentially maybe thinking about dating one.

Turning this show into “I am Sander” is really jumping the shark.

• Love 13

This is starting to feel icky to me. For a show that’s apparently about trans activism, the Hope storyline is really insensitive. All he’s focusing is on what’s between her legs. We don’t need to see that. This has been done before. What is it accomplishing? I feel bad for Hope. She is so pretty and smart. God, she’s way too much woman for Sander to handle. She must be getting paid handsomely to say that nice stuff about him. Yuck I’m so sick of that guy thinking he’s doing something right and being “open minded”.

How come Jazz can’t say black trans women? She keeps saying woman. Let them speak for themselves. Just give them money, give them a platform and step aside.

Jazz’s mom’s alcoholism is not cute. “I need this.” You need to slurp a martini down like kool-aid in the middle of the day? Okay.

This show is really hard to watch. 

• Love 9

Jesus, but it does seem this show is morphing into I Am Sander, and if we have to see much more of Sander looking at his reflection and being sanctimonious about his support for the trans community while reminding us that he is straight and loves vagina, next I suppose we will get Sander dating an obese girl.  After all, Jeanette just said, while drinking cosmos, that she didn't care where Sander sticks his business.

Jazz is now apparently the guardian angel for the Black trans community, putting on another show, actually this time a rally that starts with a mural!  This plot line at least gets some diversity in the cast, at the expense of getting there via white privilege.  Diversity, check.  

The revelation that Jazz has been penetrated came of course as she was talking to Sander, who, in keeping with his next-level wokeness, at least wanted to make sure Jazz gave her consent.  At least we were spared Jeanette being part of that conversation.  Jesus, Jeanette was probably in the same room when it happened.  

Next week we are back to everyone bickering about the causes of Jazz's depression and weight gain, and still the script doesn't call for Jazz to tell everyone to shut the fuck up and MYOB.  

I am still hoping Miss Jay from America's Next Top Model pops in to teach Sander, Jazz and Hope how to walk the runways of life.  If ever we needed Miss Jay, it's now, but first stop please, drinks with Jeanette!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

A popular (or unpopular) theory is that her parents are in it for the fame, so I have this feeling that Jazz would have been happy to end the show, but the parents wanted it to go on and encouraged Sander to have his own storyline, just so the show could continue.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Well, everybody, welcome to the "Sander Show"!  And guess what? He likes vagina's! That's right. He said it. So why all the mystery of whether or not he has a problem with bottom surgery or no bottom surgery? This is the most embarrassing storyline I have ever seen. He is as screwed up as Jazz and Jeanette. Can't he like trans women as good friends and leave it at that? Oh, right, We need a storyline.  

Speaking of Jeanette, why are they making a point of showing how much she likes to drink, how she sucks down the booze in one gulp and dragging grandma in to the festivities? It's pathetic.

I noticed dad is hardly on the show this season. Good for him.  

Jazz who? 

'

• Love 12
4 hours ago, CainF said:

The revelation that Jazz has been penetrated came of course as she was talking to Sander, who, in keeping with his next-level wokeness, at least wanted to make sure Jazz gave her consent. 

Right?  Normal people would ask "when?" and "who?" but that's all Sander cares about 🙄

• Love 4

I don't have an issue with Sander confirming that it was consensual.  The rate of sexual assault against transgender women is very high.  Also, extreme weight gain after an assault is not uncommon. However, I think I would have asked "How do you feel about the experience?" or something along those lines.  But with this becoming the Sander show, he's going to whatever he can to stay in the limelight.  His siblings are moving on with their lives, and he is floundering.  The show is letting him flounder even more.  I'm sure Jeannette and Greg will be super happy when Sander spends the next 30 years at home. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I'm sure Jeannette and Greg will be super happy when Sander spends the next 30 years at home. 

Know this was meant sarcastically, but Jeanette would be thrilled to have Sander and Jazz living at home. She can totally get more enmeshed in their lives. Greg,  not so much. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Onefineday said:

A popular (or unpopular) theory is that her parents are in it for the fame, so I have this feeling that Jazz would have been happy to end the show, but the parents wanted it to go on and encouraged Sander to have his own storyline, just so the show could continue.

the mother at least. 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

not to be unkind, this is a real question, is grandma's eye more crossed than before?

I think her eye looks more crossed when she's tired.  

Again, can we get so much less Sander?  Absolutely no Sander is what I would prefer.  Who gives a damn if this loser is proud of them?  When did he become the arbiter of whether someone is doing well?  If he supposedly holds everyone to high standards, what is he doing that makes him so special?  Everything about him is so performative. 

Also, if he is so supposedly comfortable with people thinking he is gay, he would shut TF up about it. We get it; he is all about vaginas.  Yay for him. 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, Onefineday said:

The show has definitely run its course.  It probably should have ended when Jazz received her acceptance to Harvard.

I am certain Jazz didn't even apply to Harvard.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

This is just a horror show. All Jazz and Jazz's family are interested in are trashy drag queens with stripper names, and they want us to believe the kid was admitted to ANY college? Jazz's grammar is atrocious, for starters. Jazz seems unaware of and disinterested in, any political or world events. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Ucross said:

This is just a horror show. All Jazz and Jazz's family are interested in are trashy drag queens with stripper names, and they want us to believe the kid was admitted to ANY college? Jazz's grammar is atrocious, for starters. Jazz seems unaware of and disinterested in, any political or world events. 

I kinda get the feeling that a Harvard acceptance would just be for the quotas.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Ucross said:

Jazz seems unaware of and disinterested in, any political or world events. 

I heard her mention something political a couple of seasons ago.  I’m not going into detail about what she said because this forum isn’t about politics, but suffice it to say that it was about the LGBTQ community, it was along political party lines, and the line seemed scripted.  Jazz, seems to care about little else but food and her sex organ.  JMO

• Love 4

Even if Sander isn't interested in "who" and "when," I am...  All I can think is Amir when he visited Florida, unless it was the girlfriend fling fail and it "didn't count" because it was digital?  That was way too much of a drive-by revelation from her.  At any rate, doesn't sound like it was a very satisfying experience; hope it was worth all the pain and agony she's gone through!

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, TomGirl said:

I agree with pretty much everything said here (especially the beyond-excessive focus on Sander), but on a shallow note, I thought Jazz looked adorable in that short blond wig.

she did...and I liked the "stewardess" wig as well (dark bob cut)

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, chediavolo said:

This show has been terrible this season. The most interesting thing ( besides Jazz admitting she was “penetrated” and we didn’t have an entire episode about that!!🤢) was the commercial for “ I am Shauna Rae” 

Im not sure I’d watch an entire episode regarding Jazz being “penetrated”.  I thank everything holy she hasn’t pimped herself out already like OctoMom did after her fame started waning.  Who knows, though, if the Kardashian’s can build an empire over a “leaked” sex tape…

TLC is making good on their promise to be THE Preeminent Circus Sideshow Event of anything broadcast television with “ I Am Shauna Rae” which leaves me wondering whatever happened to the conjoined twins?

• Love 1

There doesn't seem to be much of a point to this season. We heard all the gory details of the transition and surgery but we don't hear anything about whether Jazz's new equipment works. I fear that she had so many hormone blockers before puberty that she never developed a libido. I hope she wants to and is able to have orgasms. Maybe one show should feature Jazz going to a sex therapist instead of the adventures of Xander and Jeanette.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, UnikornRainbowz said:

The short, curly wig, and Jazz comments she looks like her sister's boyfriend. Cut to quick head shot of one of Jazz's brothers Ari's boyfriend.

And Griffen's girlfriend could be another Jennings sister.

Jazz needs to get the "stewardess" hairdo, for real; the mermaid look isn't working for her anymore!

• Love 2