Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Group B Finale

• Start Topic

I’ve not read any of the guesses this season for who is under each mask and I am spoiler-free, but Queen of Hearts is 100% Jewel. There is no doubt in my mind.  It’s with the package (she’s famous for being homeless and living in her car) and the voice. 

Maybe Robin wasn’t allowed to guess David Foster since he knew him so well?

• Love 4

I'm not sure if spoilers are allowed so...

Spoiler

Wow, I love Katherine McPhee so much. They really seemed to have had a lot of fun. They might have gone to the finals if they weren't so gimmicky but so much fun to watch.

Also. I forgot how much I like to hear Robin sing.

I don't really know singers and what not; but the start of Queen of Heart's duet REALLY sounded like Jewel so I'm board with that guess. Whether she wins it all I'm not sure; they might "give" Bull the win just to shake it up a little. But the results are ultimately what I expected for us to see. 

• Love 2

I knew the minute McPhee started singing "Singin' In the Rain' that they were going to be voted out. I wonder if that was deliberate on their part, that they were ready to leave. 

The Golden Ear trophy award should be interesting if Nicole and Ken end up in a tie. They've supposedly both guessed Jewel in their first impression guesses and nobody has correctly guessed who Bull is based on the GoldDerby and other site spoilers

Spoiler

Todrick Hall, whoever he is

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, retired watcher said:

I'm not sure if spoilers are allowed so...

Hide contents

Wow, I love Katherine McPhee so much. They really seemed to have had a lot of fun. They might have gone to the finals if they weren't so gimmicky but so much fun to watch.

Also. I forgot how much I like to hear Robin sing.

That's not a spoiler, since they were revealed this episode.  ;)

• Love 1

Was it Jenny who guessed Jeff and Emilie Goldblum? Really? Also, I thought Emilie was a dancer, not a singer. Whatevs. 

Robin and Nicole were both amazing. I like the duets with others, but if the show wants to add a duet with each of them to the grand finale, I'll allow it.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I’ve not read any of the guesses this season for who is under each mask and I am spoiler-free, but Queen of Hearts is 100% Jewel. There is no doubt in my mind.  It’s with the package (she’s famous for being homeless and living in her car) and the voice.

I've been thinking it's Jewel for a while. Some of the older clues fit, and I could definitely hear it in past performances. Like you, after last night's homeless clues, I am now absolutely positive it's her.

• Love 2

One thing that always gets me as I watch this, is how much Robin takes after his father. I hear his voice and I swear I'm hearing Alan on Growing Pains again. 

The Duets were good, and it was great to see the two singing-judges have a chance to show off. But clearly for production reasons (to keep the game "fair" I assume) they had to practice separately and it showed to some degree. Not in the quality of the duet but in the choreography; especially compared to last week when the guest singers were able to get up side by side and able to interact with the singers. At least both contestants were treated the same way so they had the same overall effect. But for future duets I hope they are more like Group A where the guest singer can hang out with the masked one. Hell, I wouldn't mind if the guest singer for the duet can either give an additional clue or a (prescripted) "guess" on who they think their masked partner is; like how Skunk dropped the clue about having performed with Bolton before. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Whimsy said:

It seems the more Robin knows them in real life, the more likely he will be wrong. He did goof on Brian Austin Green.

I felt that it was Foster and McPhee as the duo.  Foster’s hand gestures when conducting and playing are a dead giveaway. They were quite charming.

I figured Foster and McPhee were obvious but I get why Robin perhaps didn't based on what he said.  I've always found Foster sort of a blowhard and full of himself so I can get the whole thinking he wouldn't show up on a show dressed as a banana.

I figured they were gone going up against Queen of Hearts especially with Singing in the Rain.  Based on the judges guesses, I agree that it's more than likely Jewel.  That and based on the tone of her voice compared to the other choices.

The duets were good but agree that timing was a little off since neither act was able to practice in person with their duet partners.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Taeolas said:

One thing that always gets me as I watch this, is how much Robin takes after his father. I hear his voice and I swear I'm hearing Alan on Growing Pains again. 

The Duets were good, and it was great to see the two singing-judges have a chance to show off. But clearly for production reasons (to keep the game "fair" I assume) they had to practice separately and it showed to some degree. Not in the quality of the duet but in the choreography; especially compared to last week when the guest singers were able to get up side by side and able to interact with the singers. At least both contestants were treated the same way so they had the same overall effect. But for future duets I hope they are more like Group A where the guest singer can hang out with the masked one. Hell, I wouldn't mind if the guest singer for the duet can either give an additional clue or a (prescripted) "guess" on who they think their masked partner is; like how Skunk dropped the clue about having performed with Bolton before. 

I was also thinking of how much Robin is so much like his dad.  It made me think of Alan and Growing Pains yesterday.

I agree with you on the duets.  It was nice to hear Robin and Nicole sing since they are good singers.  However, I like the interaction of the Group A duets more.  It just seemed off that Robin and Nicole were so far away even though the singing in both duets were great.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Whimsy said:

Just watched the show. I noticed that before the duet, I think Robin mentions something about working with a talent on the order of Quincy Jones on the duet. I find it hard to believe listening to someone in a costume plinking a few songs would lead to one to compare him to Quincy Jones, unless Robin really knew who he was.

Re: Jewel as the QofH...I didn't think she had such a thick southern accent.

In my best Ken voice (LOL): I know exactly who this is...now hear me out . Last night I heard Lisa Welchel talk and she sounded exactly like QofH's speaking voice. Lisa also sang her old theme song last night which wasn't bad, so I'm guessing Lisa based on the accent. (Ken's logic 😉😁)

• LOL 1
19 hours ago, Captain Asshat said:
On 12/8/2021 at 9:40 PM, Whimsy said:

but Queen of Hearts is 100% Jewel. There is no doubt in my mind.  It’s with the package (she’s famous for being homeless and living in her car) and the voice.

I've been thinking it's Jewel for a while. Some of the older clues fit, and I could definitely hear it in past performances. Like you, after last night's homeless clues, I am now absolutely positive it's her.

I've been thinking it was Jewel from the get go, until this week.  This week's song was belted out, and I don't rememer Jewel being a belter.  She's a softer singer, I think, so now i'm not sure who it is.  And the Southern twang to her talking voice is messing things up as well.  

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

I've been thinking it was Jewel from the get go, until this week.  This week's song was belted out, and I don't rememer Jewel being a belter.  She's a softer singer, I think, so now i'm not sure who it is.  And the Southern twang to her talking voice is messing things up as well.  

I don't know many of Jewel's songs, but I do very clearly remember "Who will save your soul" which has some belter elements. And when Queen of Hearts was singing her first song in the finals, they felt very similar to me which is what tilted me towards Jewel. The belter section may just be her experimenting in extending her range (like the French song she did earlier)

Just remember that Kelly Osbourne put on a Southern accent to fool people. Jewel could easily do the same thing. That's her singing voice. She's also a trained opera singer so there's no doubt in my mind she could belt if she wanted to.

• Love 4

If I remember correctly, Jewel has been speaking with a southern accent for awhile. She’s gone a bit country, so maybe she picked up a slight twang and exaggerated it for the show. Like @Taeolas, I thought the beginning of the first song she sang sounded EXACTLY like Who Will Save Your Soul. 

I adored Queen of Heart's first song. Absolutely gorgeous. But she was outsung by Nicole on the duet. QoH was good, but damn Nicole! I was impressed by how good she was. And it's a shame it took six seasons to let her sing.

• Love 4