Type keyword(s) to search

The Marvels (2023)

tv echo
  • Start Topic

Brie Larson On Her Super Bowl Ad, Keeping Marvel Secrets, And Putting Herself Out There On Her YouTube
JASON TABRYS     FEB 10, 2022
https://uproxx.com/entertainment/brie-larson-super-bowl-ad-captain-marvel-fast-and-furious/ 

So, what are you legally allowed to say about The Marvels?
Um, nothing. [Laughs] That we made it? I can tell you that we made it. I can tell you that it’s going to be really good. You know the drill. It’s like, we’re going to play this game for a while now, and we’re going to play this game for I don’t know, however long it takes for the movie to come out, where every interview, someone’s going to ask me a question. And every interview, I’m going to say, sorry, I can’t. We’re both going to be like, “Yeah, I know.” I know you have to ask, you know I can’t say anything, but it’s fun. It’s a fun little dance that we’re playing isn’t it?

It doesn’t bother me. Sometimes I feel bad for you all because there are like 19 lawyers waiting on the other end of every phone call that you guys are on, probably.
[Laughs] Oh, don’t feel bad. I don’t feel bad about it. I feel it’s like, I wish I could talk about it. I can talk about my feelings around it. I can say that… I can’t say enough about how incredible our director, Nia DaCosta, is and what an honor it was to work with her, what an immense talent she is, how much I just feel like she’s the future. And I could also say that, when I read the script for the first time, I couldn’t believe what I was reading. I was like, this is bonkers. And it’s the thing that I love about Marvel, is that they continue to reinvent. They continue to do the thing that you just would never think would be possible in these films. And they’re not afraid to go there. So I’m super excited about what we did. I think there are some huge personal achievements of mine that I’m really excited about sharing, but you know, it’s fun to have a bit of a secret. And it’s fun to know that, when this film comes out, people are going to be delighted. And I get to keep that to myself for a little bit longer.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Possible spoilers...

Spoiler

Google translation: "OK, LET'S GO. Possible spoilers for The Marvels posted by Daniel RPK on his patreon. - In 1/3 of the movie, the trio travel to a planet where everyone sings instead of talking. The Marvels will sing. - They get their costumes there. - Carol is married to the leader of the planet. (??)"

50 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Possible spoilers...

Reveal spoiler

Google translation: "OK, LET'S GO. Possible spoilers for The Marvels posted by Daniel RPK on his patreon. - In 1/3 of the movie, the trio travel to a planet where everyone sings instead of talking. The Marvels will sing. - They get their costumes there. - Carol is married to the leader of the planet. (??)"

I hope that last one is fake.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I hope that last one is fake.

If a rumor includes the words Daniel RPK and Patreon I assume it’s fake. He frequently says it least one super shocking thing on Patreon to try and get more people to pay. 

Captain Marvel 2 Reveals First Official Plot Synopsis
By Richard Nebens    December 19, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/captain-marvel-2-plot-official-synopsis

As shared with The Direct by Twitter account @CaptMarvelBR, Disney revealed the first official synopsis for 2023's The Marvels via press release.
Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel has reclaimed her identity from the tyrannical Kree and taken revenge on the Supreme Intelligence. But unintended consequences see Carol shouldering the burden of a destabilized universe. When her duties send her to an anomalous wormhole linked to a Kree revolutionary, her powers become entangled with that of Jersey City super-fan, Kamala Khan aka Ms. Marvel, and Carol’s estranged niece Captain Monica Rambeau. Together, this unlikely trio must team-up and learn to work in concert to save the universe as 'The Marvels.'
The Marvels will debut in theaters on July 28, 2023.

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

2023’s Most Anticipated Movies: ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3’ Leads Fandango Survey
Anthony D'Alessandro   December 20, 2022 
https://deadline.com/2022/12/top-movies-2023-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-3-fandango-1235203078/

Digital movie ticket retailer Fandango has unveiled the results of its 2023 Most Anticipated Movies Survey....
Most Anticipated Superhero Movies

1. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
  2. Spider-Man Across the Spider-Verse
  3. Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
  4. The Marvels (July 28)
  5. Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom
Edited by tv echo

Kevin Feige opens up about Phase 5, Kang, and the future of the MCU
By Devan Coggan  February 14, 2023
https://ew.com/movies/kevin-feige-marvel-phase-5-exclusive-interview/ 

So, I'd like to run through some of the other Phase 5 projects you have in the works and get some updates on them. Let's start with The Marvels, which you already mentioned. What can you tell us about the dynamic between Brie Larson's Carol, Iman Vellani's Kamala, and Teyonah Parris' Monica?
That's what the entire movie is about. There are fun cosmic elements to it. Marvel comic fans will recognize elements of the Kree-Skrull war. And it's picking up directly after the end of Captain Marvel 1, not in timeline but in story. We also do that in our upcoming Disney+ series Secret Invasion, and those are two very different follow-ups to that movie. Tonally, they couldn't be more different. But there's something immensely powerful about seeing Monica and Kamala and Carol together in a frame. To me, it's only akin to the first Avengers movie and seeing the six of them together in a frame. It's chill-inducing. They're so great together, and they all have different histories with one another.

The great thing about Kamala in her show, and now in this movie, is that she's not unlike Tom Holland's Peter Parker in Civil War. She can't believe she's with these other heroes, and can't believe that she finds herself in these places. And that's fun because we want to be that. I want to be that.

Edited by tv echo

I love the new poster. 

1 hour ago, Brn2bwild said:

I'm starting to wonder if something pivotal to Phase 5 happens in the Marvels that has to be kept secret, such as we find out that Wanda is still alive.

It seems to be a result of the CEO change. Hollywood Reporter is saying Iger has decided to slow the pace of Marvel releases. It’s mainly with the shows but that is going to impact the movie releases as well.

I really hate that I have to wait longer for this movie but it is probably the right decision. This summer is loaded with movies and there wasn’t much space between Ant-Man 3, Guardians 3 and the Marvels. They were completely hamstringing The Marvels and setting it up to underperform with a July release. 

3 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

The Marvels moved to November 10th.

The date previously held by Blade.

Blade hasn’t moved with this announcement. It was moved from November 3rd to September 2024 a few months ago. 

It’s a gorgeous poster.

29 minutes ago, Dani said:

This summer is loaded with movies and there wasn’t much space between Ant-Man 3, Guardians 3 and the Marvels.

Yeah, I think it was a good call, spacing them out a little more.  

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

It’s a gorgeous poster.

Yeah, I think it was a good call, spacing them out a little more.  

Agreed, but then the question becomes why only The Marvels seems to be getting booted later and later?  I recall it was originally supposed to be after Wakanda Forever, before Ant Man 3 and Guardians of the Galaxy 3.   

14 hours ago, Brn2bwild said:

Agreed, but then the question becomes why only The Marvels seems to be getting booted later and later?  I recall it was originally supposed to be after Wakanda Forever, before Ant Man 3 and Guardians of the Galaxy 3.   

It’s probably just logistics. The first several moves were all of them getting booted due to Covid delays. Ant-Man 3 finished principal photography 6 months before The Marvels which resulted in the release date swap. GotG3 and The Marvels finished filming at roughly the same time but it’s likely The Marvels needed more time in post-production since all three of their powers are CGI heavy. Plus The Marvels was going to go up against the Barbie movie which was always a poor decision while GotG3 has no competition for 2 weeks.

Plus The Marvels has to be released after Secret Invasion. It’s been reported that Loki season 2 and Secret Invasion may be the only D+ shows released this year and neither have a release date yet. 

Kevin Feige teases The Marvels team-up, compares it to the first Avengers

In an exclusive interview with EW, Feige opened up about the chemistry between Larson, Parris, and Vellani, teasing that the film is packed with "fun cosmic elements."

"There's something immensely powerful about seeing Monica and Kamala and Carol together in a frame," Feige explains. "To me, it's only akin to the first Avengers movie and seeing the six of them together in a frame. It's chill-inducing. They're so great together, and they all have different histories with another."

He also say Kamala steals the movie. No surprise there. I can’t wait. My nieces were not interested in Marvel when the first one came out but loved it when they eventually watched. I’m excited to watch this one with them in the theater. 

Well, that’s the most excited I’ve been for an MCU movie for a while.  They even appear to be using the Carol the Accuser element from the Empyre event from two or three years ago.

They had me at “army of Flerkins.”

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

Looks good, but my guard is still up. Please, MCU, I am begging you. Let this be one movie where the ladies are neither fridged nor turn evil. 

What man is supposed to be inspired to vengeance by killing off a Marvel? I suppose maybe the other two might step up if something happened to Captain Marvel 

You would think Monica would have learned not to touch weird energy barriers after WandaVision. 

It looks so fun. Which is something that has been really lacking in Marvel movies lately. Who would have thought that in a year with an Ant-Man and a Guardians movie that it would be a Captain Marvel movie that bring the fun. 

Seeing the power switching really explains why it has been delayed. I saw a slowed down version of the fight scene on TikTok and Carol, Monica and Kamala are switching places every time they use their powers. 

Now I’m torn between wanting to see the reaction and not wanting stumble on the inevitable hate.

3 hours ago, Dani said:

You would think Monica would have learned not to touch weird energy barriers after WandaVision.

That was my first thought too, Why would she get so close to whatever that is?

Also, "Is this an Avengers test!?" Welcome back, Kamala.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Raja said:

What man is supposed to be inspired to vengeance by killing off a Marvel? I suppose maybe the other two might step up if something happened to Captain Marvel 

If they're going to kill anyone (important) it's going to be Fury.  Fury's role as shadowy government agent is filled on Earth by Hill and Ross, plus Valnetina is there as an ambiguously evil version.  If relations with the Skrulls are in a good place after Secret Invasion then Fury no longer serves a purpose.

I looked up the lyrics, the first verse is appropriate to the movie.

Well, now, don't you tell me to smile
You stick around I'll make it worth your while
My number's beyond what you can dial
Maybe it's because we're so versatile

Beastie Boys, Intergalactic.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, greekmom said:

One podcaster I listen to reviewed the teaser and put it exactly how I feel about it: "It looks like a Disney plus show. It looks cheap."

Even though with the quadrillion reshoots and delays, this was probably one of the more expensive MCU movies. It seems like it's just a mess.

I'm going to pass as well, until it is free somewhere.

I made a strategical mistake where I started watching all the Marvel movies in english (a long time ago) and now I just can't with the german dub anymore. That means I have to drive 45km to the next big city, have to navigate traffic there, pay like 10€ for parking alone, then have to go to the big cineplex and buy overpriced tickets for the showing with original dub. For german movies I just drive to the local cinema 15km away with free parking and cheap tickets.

Or I can wait till it comes out on digital and watch it in english from the comfort of my own home.

Made me already pass on the latest ant-man. Because for me to do all that, the movie has to be really good and Marvel movies just aren't anymore.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, PurpleTentacle said:

I mean yeah, she is the only good actor of the three...

I really disagree but obviously YMMV. 

17 hours ago, greekmom said:

One podcaster I listen to reviewed the teaser and put it exactly how I feel about it: "It looks like a Disney plus show. It looks cheap."

I'm going to pass.

It does look more like Ms. Marvel 2 than Captain Marvel II. And being my favorite Disney+ series after Andor that's fine with me.

On 4/11/2023 at 9:10 AM, Cobalt Stargazer said:

That was my first thought too, Why would she get so close to whatever that is?

If I got powers from touching one weird energy field, I'd probably touch another one.

• LOL 5
5 hours ago, arc said:

If I got powers from touching one weird energy field, I'd probably touch another one.

2 hours ago, Anduin said:

The more the merrier?

Throw out the Red Skull and the super soldiers that blew up in Iron Man 2 and we have even the Hulk people eventually gaining full control of the monster when gaining powers. I don't think the general MCU public knows about Man-Thing. So I am thinking most would take that risk

The more I think about this, the more I like it.  When it was first announced, I was actually annoyed, because it seemed like they had so little faith in Carol that she couldn't even headline her own sequel.  I don't know if this is "better" per se than a solo movie, but it looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

I don't really understand the comments about it looking like a D+ series.  I liked She-Hulk a lot, but I can acknowledge how shoddy the CGI on that was.  This is so much better than that, and it's likely these aren't the final renders anyway.

This may be as close to an A-Force movie as we get, and that also excites me.

"Teaming up changes everythingone."

• Like 6