Type keyword(s) to search

2021-2022 Squad

CrazyInAlabama
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, kalibean said:

I'm with y'all on VK...she's not a strong enough dancer nor does she have the charm of a Savannah or Kat to be on SG.  BUT she's also one of the best known from a social media follower situation (top five for followers of the recent squads, if not the top,) so that's probably one "pro" on her side.  But truly, other than being relatively flashy with her long legs and blonde hair, it's a meh for me.

I agree. I don't get posters (here or other boards/FB pages) who said she's so beautiful and a great dancer.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, kalibean said:

I haven't re-watched the past couple of seasons like I have the earlier ones, but IIRC, they've started to adapt the wording they use to be more in line with what you're saying.  Like it's still the best of the best dancers, as it should be, but they also have been talking about television appearances, etc.  So you'd likely have say 12 that are dance focused and then a handful of ambassador types that can hang in the dance if need be but they're there for other reasons like game show appearances, eye candy, interviews, etc.  Some are great at both, like Lexie, and others shine brighter in one or the other.

I'm with y'all on VK...she's not a strong enough dancer nor does she have the charm of a Savannah or Kat to be on SG.  BUT she's also one of the best known from a social media follower situation (top five for followers of the recent squads, if not the top,) so that's probably one "pro" on her side.  But truly, other than being relatively flashy with her long legs and blonde hair, it's a meh for me.

I don't get her popularity either though I think part of it is that some of her supporters think she was being bullied for a lot of it and refused to see/understand why many of us didn't like her.  There are plenty of girls with long legs and any color of hair Kelli could want who can dance and are flashy so even that isn't so special to me.  There is literally nothing that Victoria can bring to the table on her own at the moment that would get me to think she is anything then an average dancer who only got where she was because of who she knows.

9 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I agree. I don't get posters (here or other boards/FB pages) who said she's so beautiful and a great dancer.

I don't get them either.  It's like, did you not see what they literally showed us her first time in Training Camp then practically hid her the second time to avoid a second fallout from people?  It's astounding what people will do to avoid seeing what's right in front of their eyes.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, kalibean said:

Why does she have so my followers?

Is it solely from MTT or has she been gaining followers since she was in high school?

I'm one of the newer ones here and started from s14 and I was surprised to read back at all your comments about VK in the season13 speculation thread. You all knew about her before s13 aired.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I don't get her popularity either though I think part of it is that some of her supporters think she was being bullied for a lot of it and refused to see/understand why many of us didn't like her.  There are plenty of girls with long legs and any color of hair Kelli could want who can dance and are flashy so even that isn't so special to me.  There is literally nothing that Victoria can bring to the table on her own at the moment that would get me to think she is anything then an average dancer who only got where she was because of who she knows.

I don't get them either.  It's like, did you not see what they literally showed us her first time in Training Camp then practically hid her the second time to avoid a second fallout from people?  It's astounding what people will do to avoid seeing what's right in front of their eyes.

Agree 100%

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Kamal said:

Is it solely from MTT or has she been gaining followers since she was in high school?

I'm one of the newer ones here and started from s14 and I was surprised to read back at all your comments about VK in the season13 speculation thread. You all knew about her before s13 aired.

If I remember correctly, any talk on here started cause of speculation as to who was going to try out.  Her mom was a former DCC, she was taking classes, her Twitter handle was Victoriakdcc.......so she was talked about.  Fans started to follow her and that just continued on to MTT.

I also think that you have so many who watch the show, and don't read the forums.  We have insiders giving us information that "supplements" our viewing.  We have formed different opinions that they don't understand.  Not just for Victoria, but for other DCC as well.

• Love 8

I’ll be interested to see how Kelli is with VK this season if she does re-audition. I almost felt like the over the top love was getting a bit dim in her last season and who knows what actually happened. I won’t be surprised if she isn’t featured as prominently as we all think.. 

• Love 4
On 4/14/2022 at 10:10 AM, MrsEVH said:

I don't get posters (here or other boards/FB pages) who said she's so beautiful and a great dancer.

Agree with you. Though I would like to add that's not really here. It's Reddit and the facebook pages.

Edited by LunaValerion
  • Love 4

Regarding the "show group" discussion, perhaps they should consider 2 groups. One that has the superior dance skills for performances and one that has the superior personality skills for appearances. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Regarding the "show group" discussion, perhaps they should consider 2 groups. One that has the superior dance skills for performances and one that has the superior personality skills for appearances. 

I'd do that for the entire squad personally. Have a smaller squad perform on game days and have more 'appearance' ladies. It works for other teams, then you could in theory have a bigger squad. Some might crossover though for occasional events. 

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I'd do that for the entire squad personally. Have a smaller squad perform on game days and have more 'appearance' ladies. It works for other teams, then you could in theory have a bigger squad. Some might crossover though for occasional events. 

The KC Chiefs cheerleaders have field vets/ambassadors along with field rookies/ambassadors.   

• Love 7
On 4/16/2022 at 8:32 PM, ByTor said:

That is a great idea but the things is, I think show group nowadays is just for show (MTT) and in reality they just take the girls who are available. 

And I understand as a reality show perspective it's more interesting to have "show group" be a simple "the best of the best". 

But we well never know how things might change with the cancelation.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Kamal said:

That is a great idea but the things is, I think show group nowadays is just for show (MTT) and in reality they just take the girls who are available. 

And I understand as a reality show perspective it's more interesting to have "show group" be a simple "the best of the best". 

But we well never know how things might change with the cancelation.

I think it was such a big deal for so long that it always will be around as long as K+J are. They are so blind when it comes to “tradition” that I don’t think they would look at it objectively and say SG isn’t necessary anymore. I would say SG is a way to note who has the extra time for it, but as we’ve seen in the past they judge the women who do say that. 

• Love 5
On 4/14/2022 at 10:54 PM, Kamal said:

Because we are nosy AF. Or more nicely stated, like to speculate. So many people who have been featured on the show have daughters, and they’ve likely all been vetted at one point or another. I don’t think there’s anyone in the wings from the main TPTB anymore, tho. 

On 4/16/2022 at 6:32 AM, ByTor said:

Honestly I think they probably have it divvied out that way, it’s just not spoken aloud on the show. I’ve got to think they’ve got their A-team for the good appearances (even those who aren’t on SG bc of their other time commitments) and then the gals who do the openings of a Piggly Wiggly. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Survivor197 said:

On the show group topic.. does the DCC/SG still do USO tours? If not, when was the last season they did and how much they’ve stopped?

I believe they did a USA based USO tour in 2019 and that it was mostly if not entirely airforce. After that covid intervened so nothing for two years. Interesting to note The Broncos cheerleaders have had smaller groups on military visits this year including a trip to England that former DCC and now DBC Lily went on. I think they have a small group about to depart on a similar tour to several European countries. If DCC are committed to these tours it's reasonable to expect them to resume soon however there haven't been any announcements and TPTBs comments at showgroup announcements seemed to indicate a shift in policy.

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, PomPomPom said:

I believe they did a USA based USO tour in 2019 and that it was mostly if not entirely airforce. After that covid intervened so nothing for two years. Interesting to note The Broncos cheerleaders have had smaller groups on military visits this year including a trip to England that former DCC and now DBC Lily went on. I think they have a small group about to depart on a similar tour to several European countries. If DCC are committed to these tours it's reasonable to expect them to resume soon however there haven't been any announcements and TPTBs comments at showgroup announcements seemed to indicate a shift in policy.

They did have a small group leave yesterday but something happened now they are hanging out in Washington DC (dbc) 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 1
On 4/16/2022 at 6:32 AM, ByTor said:

I think that’s a great idea. That would have been really good for people like Malena who was a great speaker, but not a fabulous dancer. S10 Courtney comes to mind, and I’m sure there are many more I can’t think of because it’s Monday after a holiday. 🤣 however, “tradition” in Texas rules, so I’m sure it’ll be the same as it ever was.

• Love 2

Let’s say the Cowboys org. adds another entertainment group.  The entertainment roster could feature:

• DCC (game day)
  • R&B Dancers (game day)
  • The “pep band” (not sure what they’re actually called) [game day]
  • Show Group (public appearances)
  • DCC All-Stars (public appearances)
  • Jr. DCC (game day)
  • Dallas Cowboys Ambassadors (game day, public appearances)

Oh, and the actual Dallas Cowboys🏈Didn’t want to forget the actual reason for all of this entertainment.  This is…a lot.  Like A Lot a lot.

• Love 1
Just now, WenD08 said:

Let’s say the Cowboys org. adds another entertainment group.  The entertainment roster could feature:

• DCC (game day)
  • R&B Dancers (game day)
  • The “pep band” (not sure what they’re actually called) [game day]
  • Show Group (public appearances)
  • DCC All-Stars (public appearances)
  • Jr. DCC (game day)
  • Dallas Cowboys Ambassadors (game day, public appearances)

Oh, and the actual Dallas Cowboys🏈Didn’t want to forget the actual reason for all of this entertainment.  This is…a lot.  Like A Lot a lot.

Don’t forget dcrb rookie squad 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Don’t forget dcrb rookie squad 

There’s a rookie DCRB squad on top of the actual DCRB squad (you can tell I’ve not been to a game)?  Now we’re veering towards the “doin’ too much” category, but that’s me.

10 minutes ago, WenD08 said:

There’s a rookie DCRB squad on top of the actual DCRB squad (you can tell I’ve not been to a game)?  Now we’re veering towards the “doin’ too much” category, but that’s me.

The kiddos are so hype love it 

Edited by Holly85
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

Just seen a posting elsewhere that KF is at the salon getting done up for this evenings DCC Banquet. ROTY and VOTY announcements looming.

It was on Kelli's IG story. I wish they'd show us more of the banquet. I know we get pics from the girls but you'd think the social team could do a BTS as they prep for the event and then on the night footage! Another missed step by the DCC social team!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

I don’t know why but this comes off as weird to me? Like some of the other teammates have said some really nice things to Erin about her retirement, but this comment from VK comes off as so high school to me. Lol

6D5E37F8-D5D7-4B9B-8ACD-B8D716F02CA8.jpeg

Lol pretty much haha 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

I don’t know why but this comes off as weird to me? Like some of the other teammates have said some really nice things to Erin about her retirement, but this comment from VK comes off as so high school to me. Lol

It is painful that this is so true. I know everything Victoria does gets criticized, but.... jeez. You aren't wrong.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TUOwl84 said:

Honestly I’d expect nothing less from her. Poor girl is stunted in growth thanks to her enablers bless her heart…

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, 123mobile said:

I’m betting tonight is banquet based on Gina getting her makeup done & this caption 

24FC6B8F-43C6-4725-97E8-A79D5183795C.jpeg

Yes Kelli put on her ig story of her getting hair done for tonight’s banquet 

• Love 2

Well, I will be sorry to see Erin go. From season 12 where she looked like Bambi on ice, I think she came back and absolutely rocked it. A huge improvement and good for her. I’m glad she was a second group leader before she retired. Best of luck Erin 💪🏻

• Love 23
1 hour ago, 123mobile said:

I’m betting tonight is banquet based on Gina getting her makeup done & this caption 

24FC6B8F-43C6-4725-97E8-A79D5183795C.jpeg

Gina is too pretty for this much makeup. It looks caked on & she looks plastic. Hopefully it looks way better in person.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

It wouldn't have been too bad of she had left out the "you respected the organization in such high regards." It's like she's trying to speak for the organization or something with that sentence.

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Gina is too pretty for this much makeup. It looks caked on & she looks plastic. Hopefully it looks way better in person.

Agree 100%. Not sure if it’s filtered? But either way this look is … um… definitely not my favourite, let’s put it like that. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, DocBrown said:

Agree 100%. Not sure if it’s filtered? But either way this look is … um… definitely not my favourite, let’s put it like that. 

I’m shocked that they are having banquet on a Tuesday evening usually it’s on a Friday or Saturday 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I’m shocked that they are having banquet on a Tuesday evening usually it’s on a Friday or Saturday 

I agree… do people not have work in the morning? Or is not a late night event? 

I’m thinking of my end of year team events (university badminton, so nothing to get excited about!) our dinners were quite raucous so were always held on a Saturday! 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, DocBrown said:

I agree… do people not have work in the morning? Or is not a late night event? 

I’m thinking of my end of year team events (university badminton, so nothing to get excited about!) our dinners were quite raucous so were always held on a Saturday! 

Usually it’s over before 11 I believe 

34 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I thought it was totally weird as well. But it was Easter last weekend and the NFL draft the weekend after next.
So I wonder what was wrong with this weekend?

Edited by StellaCL
Got my dates all mixed up
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, StellaCL said:

I thought it was totally weird as well. But it was Easter last weekend and the NFL draft the weekend after next.
So I wonder what was wrong with this weekend?

It might be the only time the omini Frisco has the banquet hall available 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Her grasp of the English language is minimal. I think she meant “you held the organization in high regards” Which is still a weird thing to say on Instagram.

As Kitty would say ‘don’t do shit you can’t do’ (use big words). 

• LOL 8
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, hannahbanana said:

I wasn’t going to say it. I feel like I’m always the critical one! I didn’t even know it was Gina… or what was it Kelli said to Neil when he made a snarky comment about Maddie’s look “I’m glad you said that” 

• Love 1