Type keyword(s) to search

2021-2022 Squad

CrazyInAlabama
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

I noticed Tyra is doing "Tyra Tuesdays" on Youtube.  Is this something that TPTB allow while they are on the squad?  

I've found these to be quite fun. The playoff episode was good and gave a good insight into the locker room vibe. Perhaps TPTB might actually pick up the idea (I wish) and give us more insight into the team during the season.  The Disney trip with Jensen was cute and fun to watch. Bring on more of the same.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, PomPomPom said:

I've found these to be quite fun. The playoff episode was good and gave a good insight into the locker room vibe. Perhaps TPTB might actually pick up the idea (I wish) and give us more insight into the team during the season.  The Disney trip with Jensen was cute and fun to watch. Bring on more of the same.

I adore Tyra and Jensens friendship they are the cutest 

• Love 10
On 2/15/2022 at 2:08 PM, Stee said:

This 100%. It’s one thing to constantly reuse the same moves in different order, but sometimes the moves don’t make sense with the music. There’s often no musicality or connection between rhythm and movement. 

Not sure if this was just about JennA’s choreo or the DCC in general but this is what annoys me more and more.

A friend of mine used to be a professional dancer and she doesn’t know the show. She watched it with me once and she was like “what are they doing? Dance-wise it’s fine but whoever choreographed this, should have paid attention to the music.” It really made me chuckle but she was spot on. Little did she know that they basically try to choreograph one dance that fits a number of songs. Th

Take Thunderstruck for example. Love or hate it, but the moves fit the music and powerful moves come on the right powerful beat. They got it right for the Christmas medley but this choreo looks ridiculous on all other songs they’ve used it for. 

After 10-12 years of following the DCC, I have to admit that I’m starting to get bored and annoyed with the formula. The squad changes but everything else remains the same, from dances to uniforms…

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, LilyD said:

Not sure if this was just about JennA’s choreo or the DCC in general but this is what annoys me more and more.

A friend of mine used to be a professional dancer and she doesn’t know the show. She watched it with me once and she was like “what are they doing? Dance-wise it’s fine but whoever choreographed this, should have paid attention to the music.” It really made me chuckle but she was spot on. Little did she know that they basically try to choreograph one dance that fits a number of songs. Th

Take Thunderstruck for example. Love or hate it, but the moves fit the music and powerful moves come on the right powerful beat. They got it right for the Christmas medley but this choreo looks ridiculous on all other songs they’ve used it for. 

After 10-12 years of following the DCC, I have to admit that I’m starting to get bored and annoyed with the formula. The squad changes but everything else remains the same, from dances to uniforms…

I agree it's a little old to see the same old choreo for the past decade and more! This is one reason I liked how many guest choreographers they've had the past couple of seasons--I enjoy seeing them do new choreography. Regarding the moves not fitting the music at times, one thing I often am unsure of is how often the show replaces the music they're really dancing to with something else. I think this often makes the choreo seem like it doesn't fit the music when maybe it did live. Like on the last episode, they showed the Miller outdoor performance to one song, but it was performed to a Prince song and was just way better on the video with the actual music (admittedly this song is one of their decade-plus staples, but it's Prince so that's more than OK with me!). That said, I am not arguing in the least that the approach of cutting and pasting chunks of choreo to different songs does not always pay off. It's always been a thing to me since I started watching the show.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, LilyD said:

Are you sure that you are always hearing the actual music they were dancing to. Often the soundtrack is changed for copyright reasons and there have been numerous detrimental comments about the replacement choices. The best example is that you will never see them dancing to Thunderstruck on CMT MTT even though everyone knows that is the music they dance to pre-game. I always prefer to watch live or pirate phone stuff because you get the actual music.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, MegzClarkie said:

Criscilla taught technique Tuesday last night. Loads more videos on her stories too! My new faves Megan and Lea killed it! 
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CaTso1KFbDv/?utm_medium=copy_link

The choreography was so fun! 
Here is another link with a smaller group, quality is bad but they are all killing it. Especially, Kelcey, Megan and Marissa. Megan is becoming a favorite of mine too! 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CaVHmcXFVXw/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Love 6
8 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

Are you sure that you are always hearing the actual music they were dancing to. Often the soundtrack is changed for copyright reasons and there have been numerous detrimental comments about the replacement choices. The best example is that you will never see them dancing to Thunderstruck on CMT MTT even though everyone knows that is the music they dance to pre-game. I always prefer to watch live or pirate phone stuff because you get the actual music.

Sometimes if you listen closely while watching the show, you can faintly hear the actual music. For example, in Season 6, there's some scenes of the girls in practice (around episode 3 or 4) where K & J discuss the girls to each other, and you can hear a Rihanna song playing in the background, but the show of course played some generic nonsense in place of it when showing the girls.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

Sometimes if you listen closely while watching the show, you can faintly hear the actual music. For example, in Season 6, there's some scenes of the girls in practice (around episode 3 or 4) where K & J discuss the girls to each other, and you can hear a Rihanna song playing in the background, but the show of course played some generic nonsense in place of it when showing the girls.

Yep, in one episode Judy was talking while they were rehearsing Thunderstruck on the field, and you could faintly hear Thunderstruck in the background.

• Love 3
On 2/22/2022 at 5:37 PM, TUOwl84 said:

I noticed Tyra is doing "Tyra Tuesdays" on Youtube.  Is this something that TPTB allow while they are on the squad?  

I don't see why not. Marissa was/is still doing her tic toks and YouTube while on the squad. 

• Love 2
On 2/23/2022 at 12:37 AM, TUOwl84 said:

Considering how big the DCC fan base is and the fact that we like to know all things DCC I'm surprised that she has less than 200 subscribers to date.

• Love 4
On 2/23/2022 at 9:13 PM, PomPomPom said:

Good point. I suspected I wasn't and some of the recent posts and particularly the link to the article you posted explained a lot about the tv show.  Thanks for that.

However if I'm correct, standard procedure is that you choreograph a dance to a number and not the other way around, like finding a music piece that sort of matches your dance. That way, you can never get it 100% right. And that's what they're mostly doing on Game Day: the DJ plays something and the cheerleaders go with whatever they hear.

I have to admit that I have never seen them live, only on recorded performances, but I find the dances that were choreographed to a particular song like Thunderstruck, Fire Ball, parts of the Christmas medley  and the Halloween dance so much better and fun to watch than the ones where they randomly pick a choreo to go with the song. I should add though that I fully understand that it's not possible to rule the entire playlist on game day, so I guess you'll sometimes have to make do with what you get. 

Edited by LilyD
  • Love 3

Yes MTT not getting the actual music is annoying.

However I actually think they are doing a decent job on picking which song to play over the actual music. It's annoying but tolerable.

The DCC in motion videos use very weird (free?) music and even though the dance is choreographed for that music it still looks weird.

• Love 3
On 2/24/2022 at 1:51 AM, Kamal said:

I'm no dancer but if I was one and wanted to be a DCC I'll try out as soon as I turn 18. Even if I knew I wasn't good enough.

Just being in the process of tryouts let's the girls get the experience to know how the process is like. Being able to talk with girls who are much better dancers will give the girls auditioning great motivation. 

So I think some girls come into auditions not thinking they will get into TC. Because as you said they have "bad kicks" or "always struggled with choreography". They just try out as a learning experience for the next years try outs.
But either the competition wasn't as strong as the girls thought or she was a favorite of a judge and was invited to TC.

So I don't think it's that weird that a girl who isn't perfect is in TC. 

Yes, I definitely see the point that some of these folks are surprised to make training camp and just wanted the experience. I guess I'm a little hung up on a few people like car-racing Taylor, who seemed so crushed and kind of surprised when she got cut. But again to your point, her kicks were so low, that maybe she, too, just wanted to try out and was surprised she made it into camp, and that made her get her hopes up. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, M1977G said:

Yes, I definitely see the point that some of these folks are surprised to make training camp and just wanted the experience. I guess I'm a little hung up on a few people like car-racing Taylor, who seemed so crushed and kind of surprised when she got cut. But again to your point, her kicks were so low, that maybe she, too, just wanted to try out and was surprised she made it into camp, and that made her get her hopes up. 

I thought Race car Taylor was over confident. A pretty girl in a more masculine  sport .  She thought her looks would carry her.  “I’m Barbie not Gumby”. That statement summed it up.  Her kicks were really bad. Spunky dancer

• Love 3
3 hours ago, M1977G said:

Yes, I definitely see the point that some of these folks are surprised to make training camp and just wanted the experience. 

I always got that vibe from Ashley Kelly (season 4). She didn't have the experience but always said how much fun she was having. She made it to Mavs Dancers TC in 2008 but not the team. There's a 3 part youtube video of it with her and Miranda James/Parker in it.

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I always got that vibe from Ashley Kelly (season 4). She didn't have the experience but always said how much fun she was having. She made it to Mavs Dancers TC in 2008 but not the team. There's a 3 part youtube video of it with her and Miranda James/Parker in it.

Could you tell me the title or post the link for that video? Thanks!

On 2/23/2022 at 7:20 PM, M1977G said:

I agree it's a little old to see the same old choreo for the past decade and more! This is one reason I liked how many guest choreographers they've had the past couple of seasons--I enjoy seeing them do new choreography. Regarding the moves not fitting the music at times, one thing I often am unsure of is how often the show replaces the music they're really dancing to with something else. I think this often makes the choreo seem like it doesn't fit the music when maybe it did live. Like on the last episode, they showed the Miller outdoor performance to one song, but it was performed to a Prince song and was just way better on the video with the actual music (admittedly this song is one of their decade-plus staples, but it's Prince so that's more than OK with me!). That said, I am not arguing in the least that the approach of cutting and pasting chunks of choreo to different songs does not always pay off. It's always been a thing to me since I started watching the show.

And some of the cut dcc in the last few seasons have accused Kelli and Judy and Charlotte of that on instagram. Because didn't one of them post their actual solo performance on their IG and yet on the show you see and hear Charlotte accusing the same girl of using a song that isnt matching their choreo and Charlotte was heard making some nasty remark about it. I cant be bothered to rewatch that season because it is too cringey to watch (pandemic season if anyone need to know which season I'm talking about)

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

And some of the cut dcc in the last few seasons have accused Kelli and Judy and Charlotte of that on instagram. Because didn't one of them post their actual solo performance on their IG and yet on the show you see and hear Charlotte accusing the same girl of using a song that isnt matching their choreo and Charlotte was heard making some nasty remark about it. I cant be bothered to rewatch that season because it is too cringey to watch (pandemic season if anyone need to know which season I'm talking about)

Yes, that was Kristin in season 15. She wasn’t cut, but she did post a video of her practicing it on her insta with the real music. Charlotte (and possibly Kelli and Judy) said that the music didn’t match her dance at all, but the music they would have been listening to would be the song Kristin picked (Selah by Kanye West). She wasn’t just upset that they dubbed over the music, she was upset because the song was picked and the dance was choreographed as a response to systemic racism and social injustice (see her post here: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJZuxIbhw6D/?utm_medium=copy_link). 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

I thought Race car Taylor was over confident. A pretty girl in a more masculine  sport .  She thought her looks would carry her.  “I’m Barbie not Gumby”. That statement summed it up.  Her kicks were really bad. Spunky dancer

From what I remember seeing and hearing about Taylor (including some comments made by Kelli and Judy), she supposedly had everything BUT kicks and that she was one of those who was a bit surprised to have made Training Camp.  I also think there was something else going on and that Kelli was looking for a reason to cut Taylor.  Not sure if it was her kicks (especially given that others have had kicks just as bad but some made the team and others have gotten cut) or that she may have had a bit of an attitude problem. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

From what I remember seeing and hearing about Taylor (including some comments made by Kelli and Judy), she supposedly had everything BUT kicks and that she was one of those who was a bit surprised to have made Training Camp.  I also think there was something else going on and that Kelli was looking for a reason to cut Taylor.  Not sure if it was her kicks (especially given that others have had kicks just as bad but some made the team and others have gotten cut) or that she may have had a bit of an attitude problem. 

I mean, they were REALLLLLLY bad, and Kelli seemed to like everything about Taylor otherwise 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Touch the Star said:

She wasn’t just upset that they dubbed over the music, she was upset because the song was picked and the dance was choreographed as a response to systemic racism and social injustice

Yep, she expected to get praised to high heaven for that, but I agreed with Kelli & Charlotte, the solo was not good, and it really didn't match the actual music.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

Yeah, well, she should have known you Kina DO have to be Gumby to make the team. That comment annoyed me, and then there was the "nobody should get their dreams crushed" thing. So there should be a squad of 500? I thought Taylor sounded full of herself & entitled. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Kamal said:

The 2019 rookie class reunite!!

Chandi, Amanda Kelcey, Lily, Kat. Celebrating Kristen!!

S__5849099.jpg

Lily is a bridesmaid in Kristin’s wedding  I just think they just happen to be in Mexico at the same time I don’t think the rest of the ladies are there to celebrate her cause all you see is Kristin with her ice angel sisters in her story 

edit they did go for her my bad I just a group picture 

Edited by Holly85
Edited
  • LOL 1
44 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Yeah they couldn't possibly all be there for Kristin.

I finally saw a group picture they are there for Kristin Chandi Kat kelcey then Amanda came and then Lily is a bridesmaid 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Thanks for posting that video, @Kamal! I agree, she seems so genuine, and always so full of joy and love for life and people. It is sweet to see her with Jensen and the friendship they have forged in just a year. And I loved hearing Tyra say she wants to be a DCC for several years more! I would love to see her as a group leader and in the triangle or at point.

I like this whole rookie class, but Tyra is among my faves, along with Kellee and Megan. Usually, there are one or two in a rookie class who I don't care for as much for one reason or another, but not this year. I would love this to be another year all the rookies try out again.

So, I know that Taylor and Amber are retiring. Has anyone else announced their departure that I just don't remember reading about here? Apologies for asking if it's been answered and thanks for the update, if there is one!

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, M1977G said:

So, I know that Taylor and Amber are retiring. Has anyone else announced their departure that I just don't remember reading about here? Apologies for asking if it's been answered and thanks for the update, if there is one!

That's all that are confirmed of. 

(Of course there is Lexie but I don't think you've forgot about her)

A month ago I said that I think Ashlee is retiring (just my gut feeling) but now I feel like she'll be staying to get point.

So I think Gina, Ashlee, Jalyn are going to stay with the rest of the 4th years and Kat and Kristen retiring. 

So the group leaders will be Gina, Ashlee, Jalyn, Kelcey

2nd leaders, Chandi, Claire, Darian, McKenzie

(Marissa not getting 2GL although she's a better dancer because of her age)

Edited by Kamal
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Kamal said:

Agree to the above, but I could see Armani be a group leader - maybe instead of Darian.  She's higher in the triangle and I could see her in future triangle/point.  

But who knows - I've been surprised before!  

Edited by Stee
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Stee said:

Agree to the above, but I could see Armani be a group leader - maybe instead of Darian.  She's higher in the triangle and I could see her in future triangle/point.  

But who knows - I've been surprised before!  

I hope you are right. I could totally go along with that line up but the problem is that, with the exception of Darian, non of those named above have confirmed they are returning.

• Love 1
On 3/3/2022 at 11:01 PM, Kamal said:

A month ago I said that I think Ashlee is retiring (just my gut feeling) but now I feel like she'll be staying to get point.

So I think Gina, Ashlee, Jalyn are going to stay with the rest of the 4th years and Kat and Kristen retiring. 

So no Gina and yes Caroline and Kat .... (compared to my predictions)

1GL Caroline, Ashlee, Jalyn, Kelcey

2GL Chandi, Kat, Claire, (Darian or McKenzie)

(Aramani and Marissa are better dancers but it's not about dance ability that gets you GL.

I think Darian, McKenzie are more liked by K and J)

Since Erin got 2GL last year even though she's a blender and didn't stay for year 5 (like Jalyn) I think this year Kat will also get 2GL out of seniority. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, LunaValerion said:

Retirements

Gina

Rachel 

Lexie

Amber M. 

Erin 

Madeline M. 

Taylor 

Kristin

Source? Not asking for a name but where you got this from. An insider? Or is this speculation?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
15 hours ago, LunaValerion said:

Retirements

Gina

Rachel 

Lexie

Amber M. 

Erin 

Madeline M. 

Taylor 

Kristin

If this is true, I predict:

Group leaders: Caroline, Ashlee, Jalyn, Kelcey

Second leaders: Chandi, Claire, Armani, (Marissa or McKenzie)

Point: Ashlee and (Caroline or Kelcey)

Edited by dccfan204
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

Man, I really wanted a shocking retirement. These are so predictable lol :(

Nothing personal against any DCC, but I was hoping for 10 retirements to shake things up more. I despise vet cuts 😔

• Love 11
14 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

Source? Not asking for a name but where you got this from. An insider? Or is this speculation?

Got it from an insider. Not really comfortable with sharing more than that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15