Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Sleigh All Day

• Start Topic

Yeah.  I’m old, but this was all kinds of icky to me.  Have a little self-respect, women!

Did they ever complete the igloo?  (I confess to only half watching due to embarrassment for these folks.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Lindsay’s a shit stirring trouble maker. She didn’t tell Paige what Andrea said because she was trying to be a good friend. She told her because she’s mean and nasty and couldn’t stand that Paige and Andrea went on a date. Then when Amanda got upset because Lindsay blabbed, Lindsay made herself the victim and promptly jumped on Jason’s d*ck. She’s nothing if she’s not predictable.

• Love 10

Paige is full of crap. She’s not looking for romance and marriage. I have watched several YouTube video interviews with Paige, and she has openly admitted she enjoys ghosting guys. She will tolerate Craig just to make a few appearances on Southern Charm. Paige is definitely a high maintenance snob.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

The only thing that is satisfying about this show is seeing what fools these girls are when it comes to men.  On the other hand,they’ve set the Women’s Movement back by years. It’s a vacation, ladies!  Nobody should plan on a serious relationship so dry your tears and have fun!  

• Love 4

Still better than Real Housewives of VanderWeHo.

Andrea seems like a guy they picked up on an open casting call somewhere, except they only picked him from his headshot.  Not only does he have no chemistry with Paige, he has no chemistry with ANYONE.

Julia is the least interesting person I've ever seen in this cast, which is saying A LOT.  She should hook up with Luke, they make a really good pair of dull khaki ciphers.  Luke's rejection of even the most basic no-frills hookup with Gabby is borderline insane, although I'm at least somewhat glad for her I suppose.

Don't any of these people read books?  Also, do they not know any gay people?  Their high school party made me want to punch them, they mostly seemed like dicks.  I can sorta see Amanda being someone I wouldn't have hated, maybe.

Ciera and Austin continues to be the most depressing thing on the show considering my crush on Ciera.  I'm at least somewhat heartened by the fact that she seems to abhor him lately post-filming and in other random media.

I do rather wish Jason's response to Lindsey's I'M TERRIFIED TERRIFIED OF RELATIONSHIPS would have been a light-hearted "OK, wanna just fuck around?"  I mean, is this the new generational trend thing where every last date is a relationship?  Everyone seems to TALK about past hookups like they were playing the field yet we never SEE any of that in this dramarama show, including Summer House.  It's oddly puritanical.

Edited by Lassus
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
19 minutes ago, Lassus said:

Andrea seems like a guy they picked up on an open casting call somewhere, except they only picked him from his headshot.  Not only does he have no chemistry with Paige, he has no chemistry with ANYONE.

That's not true at all in my view! He seems quite enamored and involved with himself! 😂 I keep waiting for him to do that thing douchey guys do and kiss his "guns". He's pretty, but just seems slimy. Good for a hookup, then send him on his way.

eta: exactly to your last paragraph: I too thought the kids these days were into random, fun hookups? It is weird to me how they all seem to think a short make out means walking the aisle is next. Flings 👏 should 👏 be 👏 fun!

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Lassus said:

Julia is the least interesting person I've ever seen in this cast, which is saying A LOT.  She should hook up with Luke, they make a really good pair of dull khaki ciphers.  Luke's rejection of even the most basic no-frills hookup with Gabby is borderline insane, although I'm at least somewhat glad for her I suppose.

Don't any of these people read books?  Also, do they not know any gay people?  Their high school party made me want to punch them, they mostly seemed like dicks.  I can sorta see Amanda being someone I wouldn't have hated, maybe.

Ciera and Austin continues to be the most depressing thing on the show considering my crush on Ciera.  I'm at least somewhat heartened by the fact that she seems to abhor him lately post-filming and in other random media.

I remain convinced that Cedric (Lisa Vanderpump's S1 house boy/guest) showed up to that open casting call and got the part of Andrea Denver.

The only thing I can say about Gabby is she's worth more than a basic no-frills hookup so I'm glad he was honest with her.  I don't like her, she's too much of a sourpuss for me, but she deserves better.

Same - I took the art classes in high school so I was kind of excited that Amanda chose to be arty. I'm sure she just wanted to be grunge style (she's too young to have experienced that time considering she was an infant). But besides that shout out to the art kids. It's such an important part of curriculum that gets waylaid by bullshit test scores.

UGH. Ciara. What are you doing. It's so, so gross. He's always shifting his sticky balls (sorry everyone). 

In other news, the low country boil was pretty cool, but it's clear they brought in a catering company. I'd recognize those food containers and their prepped contents anywhere, and Craig/Austen certainly didn't put that tablescape together. And somehow the house magically cleaned itself! They *should have done a lobster boil considering they were only 3-hours from the best lobsters you can buy (that is, the NE coast). I've been here 20 years and haven't ever eaten a single decent crab item. ETA: I don't think anything compares to a blue crab and the best places to get them are the mid-Atlantic states. I love New England, but our crabs are not good. 

Paige's high school party was straight up stupid. Kyle and Craig just wanted their eyeliner (ok, fine). Ya Julia is pretty dull, but in general I think she's 1000 times more attractive in jeans and a white t-shirt than Paige is in her carefully curated, polyvinylchloride fast fashion. I'm so over these dumb parties. I liked the boil because they dressed up in nice outfits.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

The only thing I can say about Gabby is she's worth more than a basic no-frills hookup so I'm glad he was honest with her.  I don't like her, she's too much of a sourpuss for me, but she deserves better.

Sure.  I was off-handed about it.  If she WANTS more than a hookup then that makes sense.  Without using perhaps more appropriately crude wording, however, I do think her implication in that moment with the Italian phrase was more "it would be nice to have sex for a.) the physical release awesomeness and b.) the confidence boost with this hot guy," but if she's on the current "only serious stuff" that's fine.  I agree she seems a mopey sort, but for me the jury's out still if that's a permanent state.

7 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

And somehow the house magically cleaned itself!

We were commenting on this before it even happened.  "Are they really cleaning all this up themselves?"

• Love 2
On 11/12/2021 at 12:41 PM, FlyingEgret said:

I love this and want to make it my mantra:

Why is what I said and did my fault?

Thanks Lindsay!

I hate Lindsay so much.  I want to tackle her down and slap the shit out of her.

Craig's voice makes my skin crawl.  Austen continues to gross me out.

Paige is a lot like Charlotte from Sex and the City in that, she always wants to be treated like a princess and 'be courted' - which is fine, if you actually take the time to select the men you go out with and make sure that you have the same goals in a relationship - but she's no different from the women who just go on casual dates and have no-strings-attached hook ups and not looking for anything serious.  It's great that she grew up with parents who love each other so much, but she's doing all the wrong things with dating and what she's doing is NOT going to lead to a man who is going to love her as much her father loves her mother.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 11/11/2021 at 8:26 AM, WhatAmIWatching said:

I noticed that too.  I wonder if it's because he's the only person there that isn't from the U.S. or the other people just don't have any history with him.  I remember one girl there (I can't remember who) saying she had worked with him but she doesn't really seem to be friends with him.

He seems to get American humor and how these guys interact with each other but IDK he still seems to just be separate from them...

• Love 5

I must be missing something because I see no chemistry between any of these ppl. Ciara and Austen is just so blah. Andrea and Paige is dumb and over the top. He seems like a douche but he’s doing the most obvious moves and they’ve been hanging out like 7 days. Who would fall for his crap. Bang him sure but don’t expect a proposal from him.

Jason is the hottest in the house to me right now. 

Luke is always pretty hot but his typical fuck boy self. At least he’s honest about it tho.

She is a sourpuss but I did feel bad for Gabby being rejected.

Julia didn’t really mention anything about her relationship when rejecting Luke. It was weird Kyle was just lurking lol.

Austen in his jock costume was stupid.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Marley said:

I must be missing something because I see no chemistry between any of these ppl. Ciara and Austen is just so blah. Andrea and Paige is dumb and over the top. He’s seems like a douche but he’s doing the most obvious moves and they’ve been hanging out like 7 days. Who would fall for his crap. Bang him sure but don’t expect a proposal from him.

Luke is always pretty hot but his typical fuck boy self. At least he’s honest about it tho.

Julia didn’t really mention anything about her relationship when rejecting Luke. It was weird Kyle was just lurking lol.

Austen is his jock costume was stupid.

All true!  The only thing I can think of is that they know that people that hookup or start a relationship get more screen time soooo....IDK it's more showmance than anything.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Marley said:

I must be missing something because I see no chemistry between any of these ppl. Ciara and Austen is just so blah. Andrea and Paige is dumb and over the top. He’s seems like a douche but he’s doing the most obvious moves and they’ve been hanging out like 7 days. Who would fall for his crap. Bang him sure but don’t expect a proposal from him.

Austen is his jock costume was stupid.

Well said!

Luke would be handsome, but his upstairs is so empty, so that takes away from any attractiveness. Maybe if he just stood there silently? 😂 I do give him points for the kind way he let Gabby down, and not dragging it out the whole vacay. (Though how embarrassing for Gabby to have it on tv! ugh)

Poor Lindz just oozes desperation, but I'd get some Jason if it was offered, too. 

Kyle, in his Edward Scissorhands getup, standing with his mouth open, made me laugh until my stomach hurt. I even paused it to keep laughing. That was the best part of the episode.

Craig is looking so rough. Wth happened?

The whole party seemed a bit boring, really. They were all pointlessly wandering around all over. It made me reflect back to my own rager days and wonder if our parties were as fun and epic as I believed they were, or did I just have on alcohol goggles? 🤣 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 11/10/2021 at 8:22 PM, Mindthinkr said:

Do these people leave their morals checked at the door when they enter this house? 

They don't have any morals, anywhere!

On 11/11/2021 at 12:55 AM, APK said:

Paige is full of crap. She’s not looking for romance and marriage. I have watched several YouTube video interviews with Paige, and she has openly admitted she enjoys ghosting guys. She will tolerate Craig just to make a few appearances on Southern Charm. Paige is definitely a high maintenance snob.

She is the worst.  She is faker than her pleather outfits.  She really is a snob.

On 11/11/2021 at 7:06 AM, Lassus said:

I don't even know who Julia is, so yeah I agree!

I didn't understand the theme.  Was it who they were in high school?  Or what they wanted to be?

On 11/11/2021 at 7:26 AM, WhatAmIWatching said:

eta: exactly to your last paragraph: I too thought the kids these days were into random, fun hookups? It is weird to me how they all seem to think a short make out means walking the aisle is next. Flings 👏 should 👏 be 👏 fun!

Amanda... not fun

1 hour ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

The whole party seemed a bit boring, really. They were all pointlessly wandering around all over. It made me reflect back to my own rager days and wonder if our parties were as fun and epic as I believed they were, or did I just have on alcohol goggles? 🤣 

All of their parties are boring!  They drink shots, they dance, then they dance on tables.  That is IT.

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

They don't have any morals, anywhere!

Can't have morals AND be on a reality show!!

I don't even know who Julia is, so yeah I agree!

That's like on Arrested Development where Maeby said "You couldn't pick her out in a line up of ONE."

Edited by SarahPrtr
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1