Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Baseball, Walkers and Wine

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Gina comes up with a plan to help a resident, Meredith, get some space from her overprotective husband. Also, Drew works up the courage to tell Gina he has feelings for her.

Airdate: 11/04/2021

I hate to sound like a "get off my lawn" type, but what the hell is a nurse doing getting high right before his shift?

Especially to the point where he was so zonked out that he was practically on another planet!

I'm all for TV acknowledging that many successful people smoke pot, but...this is really bad.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Blakeston said:

I hate to sound like a "get off my lawn" type, but what the hell is a nurse doing getting high right before his shift?

Especially to the point where he was so zonked out that he was practically on another planet!

I'm all for TV acknowledging that many successful people smoke pot, but...this is really bad.

Yeah, I know it's a stupid sitcom but I didn't find that funny. Do what you want on our own time but not when it could affect patients' lives. People with much less "important" jobs would get fired on the spot for that. (Years ago I worked with a guy in a retail job who went out and got baked in his car on his break and came back reeking of pot. He disappeared quickly and his job was mostly just shelving books and cleaning up after customers.) What happens when he gives someone the wrong medication or something because he's still high?

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Shelbie said:

This episode was predictable and stupid.
I really enjoyed the platonic relationship of Gina and Drew and saw zero romantic sparks between them. I still don’t.

Glad he wouldn't take advantage of her while she was drunk but why would he decide that's the time to tell her how he feels? And of course everyone knew she'd be asleep by the time he got to the fridge.

• Love 5

My favorite thing in this episode was the Andy Warhol-style portrait of Cannoli.

Yeah, where was Cannoli? And it looks like Gina got herself a new apartment but they sort of skipped right over that. It's almost like they did a time jump or something.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Yeah, where was Cannoli? And it looks like Gina got herself a new apartment but they sort of skipped right over that. It's almost like they did a time jump or something.

Yeah, they showed her moving out and taking the dog with her but didn't show where she moved to. I was actually wondering if she had an apartment at the assisted living facility. (Having a big fluffball around as a sort of therapy animal could be fun.)

• Love 5
On 11/4/2021 at 9:58 PM, Blakeston said:

Back in the '70s before it was legal anywhere, I worked at a nursing home where some of the nursing assistants would get baked on their lunch breaks. One of the nurses was the supplier of weed and other drugs as well.

• Love 1

I really liked the first season; I thought the premise was interesting and different, and there was a lot of potential to explore a kind of relationship that hasn't been seen on TV before. I'm close to bailing on the second season. I hate new credit sequence, I really don't like most of the new characters (particularly Jane Seymour's), and I don't care for the new premise. Every one of the dialysis group was more interesting than these. (I except Norma, because Linda Lavin is awesome.) And Kether Donohue is *still* being wasted. She was brilliantly funny in YOU'RE THE WORST, so we know she can do it.

• Love 7

Well, it was a kidney transplant show, and now it's a wacky nursing home show. 

Maybe they're planning to reboot every season--next year they meet a whole new bunch of snarky people when Cannoli knocks up a show poodle at the country club next door.

• LOL 10

I cringe everytime Middleditch has to touch, hug, or (ewwww!) kiss any cast member. Poor Annaleigh. Dental dams for all the women. And a taser.

Although, it must be difficult to be a swinger when your wife divorced you for it! Hah and Ew.

• Love 6