Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Cold Weather, Hot Secrets

• Start Topic

Love triangles start to form as Jason sets his eyes on Gabby… who is laser-focused on Luke. Meanwhile, Kyle’s entrepreneurial spirit makes it challenging for him to shut off work, much to Amanda’s annoyance. Lindsay finally arrives, full of energy and ready to party. Excited to see where things may lead romantically with her best friend Austen, only time will tell whether Austen turns his attention to Lindsay or back to Ciara.

Original air date 2021.10.27

I know Bravo likes to have Lindsay on their shows for drama, however I cannot stand her. During the latest season of Summer House; Lindsay treated her ex-boyfriend like crap. Her ex-boyfriend wasn’t much of a romantic, however he made Lindsay a birthday dinner and she crucified him for the attempt. Lindsay is never happy about anything going on in her life. Danielle even told Lindsay she was in the wrong for disliking the birthday dinner.

Edited by APK
  • Love 3

I don’t know, Lindsay showed up and it was like a cloud of toxicity descended upon the house. I had hope last week when she wasn’t there. I want to see the new people, not Lindsay c*ck blocking Ciara around every corner. She’s just like Kyle; she gets blackout when things don’t go her way.

• Love 5

I don’t mind Lindsay I guess but she is pretty crazy. Her thing with Austen is idiotic. I just can’t get over these women obsessing over him. Craig is better then Austen even.

Andrea is just a cocky jerk in my eyes. All his stuff with Paige is just fake obv on his part.

Kyles body is prob used to only sleeping when he passes out drunk.

I didn’t mind Ciara on Summer House last time but so far I am not sure I like her on winter house. It seems she’s trying harder for more screen time where she was more low key on summer house.

Jason and Julia I don’t know yet. Meh so far.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Marley said:

I don’t mind Lindsay I guess but she is pretty crazy. Her thing with Austen is idiotic. I just can’t get over these women obsessing over him. Craig is better then Austen even.

Andrea is just a cocky jerk in my eyes. All his stuff with Paige is just fake obv on his part.

Kyles body is prob used to only sleeping when he passes out drunk.

I didn’t mind Ciara on Summer House last time but so far I am not sure I like her on winter house. It seems she’s trying harder for more screen time where she was more low key on summer house.

Jason and Julia I don’t know yet. Meh so far.

Agree with all of this!  I feel like Ciara is completely different than last year. Maybe she was just holding back or realized being low key gets you fired even if you are gorgeous.

So far it's nice to see them all getting along.

Kyle is such a cranky and immature old man. 

Luke is still pretty.

Hubs is crazy. 

Austen looks dirty and smelly. 

Very surprised Paige is falling for Andrea's act. He's clearly a player. Her dad bringing her mom coffee every morning is so sweet.

I always have liked Craig, I think he has a good heart. His downfall is being buddies with Austen. 

• Love 7

I wish Ciara was a bit more chill with Austen.  She is much more attractive when she is aloof and sure of herself than when #he is insecure. Now that there is competition, what might have been a passing fancy for Lindsey,will now become a ferocious game that she’ll want to win.   I don’t get the obsession with Gabby; I don’t think she is that attractive and her personality from what I’ve seen is not that great.  Frankly, I thought that Paige was savvier than she seems to be. It’s pretty clear to every one that Andrea is a player.  She’s falling for every gimmick hook,line and sinker. Maybe she wants to assure herself plenty of screen time & everyone else is someone she already knows. 

• Love 6

I wish Ciara was more chill also. To your point about Lindsay getting ferocious about winning, I don't think she has passing fancies - every guy is "the one" until they're not. Carl was her best friend and then they tried to date and it blew up and now she's acting like Austen is her best friend, lather, rinse, repeat. It will be interesting to see how things play out with Luke as well because there was definitely a thing with them on Summer House but it seemed like she barely talked to him on last night's episode. My jury is out on Paige and Andrea...I thought it was just a flingy thingy so my initial reaction was hey why not have some vacation fun. I don't care for Paige either and I am equally surprised/not surprised that 

Spoiler

she and Craig are together in real time. He's sooo bitchy on Southern Charm but I've actually been enjoying him so far on Winter House.

Otherwise I thought last night's episode was boring. If the premise of the show is to get out and do winter activities, the whole cast should be out there together. Otherwise the stay behinds are going to be pickled after the two weeks are up. The fat biking looked fun. 

• Love 3

I’m not impressed with Gabby at all. And Ciara can do better than Austin. I just don’t see the appeal of him AT ALL. All of these women clamoring for him has to be for the show, right? Right??

I can’t with Kyle. He’s such a whiny annoying drunk. Luke is cute but Craig for the win.

Idc about the new people yet.

• Love 10

On 10/25/2021 at 12:53 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Kyle’s entrepreneurial spirit makes it challenging for him to shut off work, much to Amanda’s annoyance

HAHA oh Kyle you are so clever!  Everyone thinks you are a falling down alcoholic, so you try to spin the narrative that you are actually addicted not to the drink but to the WORK.  Right, sure.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

HAHA oh Kyle you are so clever!  Everyone thinks you are a falling down alcoholic, so you try to spin the narrative that you are actually addicted not to the drink but to the WORK.  Right, sure.  

I also thought it was kinda rude to sit in the kitchen and work.  Isn't there anywhere else to set up for work?  It's rude to expect people to walk around you quietly while you're working if there are other areas of the house that can be utilized.  Not fun Kyle!

Edited by KLJ
  • Love 13
26 minutes ago, KLJ said:

I also thought it was kinda rude to sit in the kitchen and work.  Isn't there anywhere else to set up for work?  It's rude to expect people to walk around you quietly while you're working if there are other areas of the house that can be utilized.  Not fun Kyle!

He had to get on the horn and boss his attorney around, and how would he do that in front of the housemates AND the cameras if he went into a quiet room?  

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, KLJ said:

I cannot STAND when people do this.  On vacation, as if they are the only ones with a job and like there aren't other places to go yap on the phone other than common areas.

• Love 9

Seriously, he should be grateful for the bedroom on the lower level - he's got a private place to work! They order every conceivable ridiculous party item from Amazon, he couldn't supply a workstation for himself or have production provide it for him?

• Love 3
On 10/27/2021 at 10:58 PM, Marley said:
On 10/27/2021 at 10:58 PM, Marley said:

Just being upright and walking around is a step up from laying around in bed with repulsive Hannah all day.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
On 10/28/2021 at 11:30 AM, Ss55 said:

I’m not impressed with Gabby at all. And Ciara can do better than Austin. I just don’t see the appeal of him AT ALL. All of these women clamoring for him has to be for the show, right? Right??

I can’t with Kyle. He’s such a whiny annoying drunk. Luke is cute but Craig for the win.

Idc about the new people yet.

Do you guys think Austen is one of these people who in real life is much hotter and exudes charm(pun not intended).  Bc I just cannot get my head around why anyone find appeal, either. 

Luke has never done much for me but in a talking head I got a Ryan Philippe vibe and now I’m liking him better!

Kyle on his “important” phone calls in the middle of the kitchen- gag.  He and Amanda have never been compelling TV for me and that continues.

The house always looks dirty.  People just throw all kinds of shit everywhere.  I find myself distracted in scenes looking at all the various items laying around.  One person- maybe Luke?  Seems to keep a tidy room.

• Love 6
On 10/28/2021 at 5:49 AM, APK said:

Lindsay is never happy about anything going on in her life. Danielle even told Lindsay she was in the wrong for disliking the birthday dinner.

A trademark of being in a relationship with a woman with Cluster B personality.  It will seem exciting first and they do 'love bomb' you and give you shit tonne of attention and great sex, but it's not something you can maintain. 

I got SO sick of hearing all of the "I love you".  You keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means.

On 10/29/2021 at 2:30 AM, Ss55 said:

I’m not impressed with Gabby at all.

Same.  I find her both irritating and boring.

On 10/29/2021 at 5:06 AM, KLJ said:

Yep, can't stand it when people do that, especially when they're in a big-ass house.  They WANT people to SEE that they're working.  Which is fine, if they're just doing it, but when others have to make allowances for that person being there, then that's completely shitty.  You don't own the damn house, Kyle!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

Yep, can't stand it when people do that, especially when they're in a big-ass house.  They WANT people to SEE that they're working.  Which is fine, if they're just doing it, but when others have to make allowances for that person being there, then that's completely shitty.  You don't own the damn house, Kyle!

I believe he did all that just because he didn't get the primary bedroom. He reminds me of my friend's tiny dog who walks around trying to assert his dominance on everything and everyone. 🤣 

I can't remember where I read it, but someone described Austen as slobbery and that is spot on, imo, and whoever coined muppet mouth is hilarious and I can't unsee it! I don't get his allure, unless it's just because he's there and pickin's are slim? He looks like a walking std to me 😆 

I suffered HUGE secondhand embarrassment for Lindsay. Girrrrl.

• Love 7
On 10/30/2021 at 5:39 PM, KnoxForPres said:

The house always looks dirty.  People just throw all kinds of shit everywhere.  I find myself distracted in scenes looking at all the various items laying around.  One person- maybe Luke?  Seems to keep a tidy room.

Yes Luke's room is always tidy and bed made.  The girls are the worse when it comes to just random shit on the floor.  That is something teenagers do, drop their clothes or shoes where they take them off, regardless of where that is.  

• Love 3
On 10/31/2021 at 4:05 AM, SarahPrtr said:

He did it so the "world" can see that he is VERY IMPORTANT and VERY BUSY!  He wanted to be seen as "fun," so he drank his weight in Loverboy every night (barf) and was seen as a loser... now he wants to be seen as "important" so he is making loud phone calls to "the attorney." 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

He did it so the "world" can see that he is VERY IMPORTANT and VERY BUSY!  He wanted to be seen as "fun," so he drank his weight in Loverboy every night (barf) and was seen as a loser... now he wants to be seen as "important" so he is making loud phone calls to "the attorney."

Awhile ago, there was a movie called 'Caffeine' with Katherine Heigl and Mena Suvari, and on the DVD, there was a bts video where Katherine Heigl talked about having gone on blind dates, and how nerve-wracking they could be.  One of the guys she talked about was nicknamed "Hollywood" because he kept picking up his phone in the middle of dinner (this was back in the early-mid 2000s, when cellphone usage was not as common).  He also did that finger-click thing with "Hey baby, hey baby" and Katherine said "I'd be in the middle of a conversation and he would answer his phone, and at first I was okay with it, then I thought, I don't think he's talking to anybody.  I just think that he's trying to be That Guy who's all like, on it, and with it and everything is happening all at once and he's on the phone because everybody's calling about deals and by the end, I was SO HAPPY that I'd driven myself there, so I could say I'm really tired and I'm going to go home."

ETA: Oh, I found it!  I didn't think anyone would have uploaded it because it was a very low-rated movie from a long time ago, but here's that interview with Katherine:

Edited by SarahPrtr
Additional video
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 11/2/2021 at 2:54 PM, heatherchandler said:

I think people do things like this for the same reason people drive stupidly expensive showy cars and wear stupidly expensive designer clothes, shoes and bags. "Look at me and be impressed!"

For some people, their self worth seems to be dependent on believing other people are envious of them. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 6
15 hours ago, greyflannel said:

For some people, their self worth seems to be dependent on believing other people are envious of them. 🤷‍♀️

That's Lindsay.  In the first episode of Summer House, she was telling Cristina how she was jealous of her and Everett and that Cristina was bitter.  What a fricking moron.  That's a default response that all pathetic, insecure people have - "You're Just Jealous."

• Love 4
4 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

That's Lindsay.  In the first episode of Summer House, she was telling Cristina how she was jealous of her and Everett and that Cristina was bitter.  What a fricking moron.  That's a default response that all pathetic, insecure people have - "You're Just Jealous."

Exactly.

• Love 3