Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: The Warming of a Frozen Heart

• Start Topic

SEASON PREMIERE

NCD301b_0131r.jpg

On the evening of Horseshoe Bay’s annual Harvest Carnival, a whole new mystery unfolds for Nancy (Kennedy McMann) when the body of a mysterious young man is discovered on the Hudson carnival grounds. The Drew Crew (Leah Lewis - George, Madison Jaizani - Bess, Tunji Kasim - Nick, Alex Saxon - Ace) is drawn into the case by a host of confounding clues surrounding a new menace terrorizing the town – a killer who has an enigmatic connection to none other than Nancy’s newest foil: Temperance Hudson (guest star Bo Martynowska). Also starring Scott Wolf and Riley Smith. Amanda Row directed the episode written by Noga Landau and Melinda Hsu Taylor (#301). Original airdate: 10/8/2021.

ncd301a-0283r-1024x683.jpg

I already had a grin on my face by the first few minutes. I know it's only been a few months since the show has been on, but I've missed it.

This was a great season three opener. They really got the Temperance secret out of the way. Having her show up immediately does speed things along, and now it's also time to analyze that prophecy and see who fits what.

I love Ryan getting involved in the mystery aspect, especially since he was...less helpful around the Drew home.

I'm sad that Nancy got rejected for Columbia, but happy she'll be sticking around in Horseshoe Bay. Like she said herself, this is her home.

Nick and George are officially engaged! And the acceptance of the proposal was very sweet. I love that Nick had to delay saying yes because he had things from George's family shipped to him from China.

I love that Bess is starting to date around. Girl, it was never going to work out with Odette, so you'll find someone soon!

And even Carson has a potential new love interest!

Overall, very excited to see what this season brings us, and I hope it's as good as last season, because last season REALLY raised the bar.

• Love 14

I think what I truly love about Ace and Nancy is the emotional intimacy between the two. Ace just knows when not to push, when to give Nancy her space, is always a open ear and shoulder for her. He just understands her, possibly as good and sometimes better then Carson.

And Nancy can allow herself to trust Ace with her vulnerability and know he would never take advantage of it.

A couple can have all the sexual chemistry they want, but if they dont have that emotional intimacy as well, it ends up feeling so one dimensional. 

Also:

- Nick proposing in front of George sisters, tug at my heartstrings

- Bess + Ace: writers take note on how to properly write a platonic male/female relationship without having to involve romance or sex.

- Ryan trying to be non Hudson like in everyday life is my favorite gag on the show.

- FBI Guy is definitely a replacement for Tamura, since the actor is off filming for something else and i dont like it. I wanted more Ace vs Tamura hilarity.

• Love 10

I'm so happy this show is back and that the quality hasn't dropped. It's such a great show and I wish more people were watching it. 

I'm glad Nancy will be sticking around and that she and Ace appear to be end game. 

Also, I love Ryan trying to be normal. And laughed at how he spent $600 on weekly grocery shopping, lol. Carson's reaction was great. 

• Love 12

I was stunned to hear Nancy say about the murdered man "He was not dressed for the weather". This is while George is walking around the entire episode with her bare belly hanging out.

What was that little scene where Temperance Hudson dispatches the man in the hat. That was so random and unexplained. Was that a real person, why was he there and why isn't Nancy more upset that Temperance "poofed" him out of existence. Wouldn't that make one more murder she would have to solve?

But if you're interested in the truth, how about a game?
One of you will be the other's demise.
One of you will betray your true love.
One of you will lose your heart.
One of you will wreak havoc on this town.
One of you will forsake what is dearest to you.
And only one of you will fulfill your destiny.
And that one will cause the rest to fall.

So who was in the room:
Temperance Hudson
Ryan Hudson
Nancy Hudson
Ace
Nick
George
Beth

• Love 2

Oh show how I have missed you. This show really is great especially when they can put any combination of the main characters into scenes and they each work well even if they all have their own dynamics. 

Nancy and her two Dads is the sitcom we all need. Carson suddenly being the most eligible bachelor in town and Ryan trying to be a normal guy and then both trying to wrap their heads around all the craziness in Nancy’s life. It’s comedy gold. 

Then you have Ace and his relationship with all three of the girls. With George they have an honest relationship where they can express doubts and fears that they might not be able to show others in the groups. With Bess, they are best friends who while honest with each just not with the open bluntness that George and Ace can have with each other. Ace remembering the code to help get Bess out of a bad date is true best friend dynamic. With Ace/Nancy they have mix of both the above relationships but there is the underlying tension of feelings that they both have for each other. 

George/Nick is a great relationship. They love each other and seem to really take each other into account. Nick going to the lengths he did just to accept the proposal knowing what it would mean to George is just an example of this. 

Regarding the possible answers to the prophecy, I am not sure about most of them but I am almost certain that Nancy is going to be the one to wreck the town. As soon as she was appointed by the town, I knew that one had to be about her. The town is showing her faith which means at some point that faith is going to get broken. 

Speaking of the prophecy here is my wild prediction, Temperance is going to be the one who loses her heart. I know this was suggested in the finale topic but I think Temperance may end up being the new love interest for Bess. 

Okay did I just not remember this right but was the package that the female officer/attorney showed Carson like the one that Ace was delivering for Amanda’s father?

• Love 6

Yay, this show is back! I didn't realize how much I missed it.

1. Kudos for the attempt at a somewhat different than usual CW crossover, show, but maybe – just maybe – we call a halt on that sort of thing until Covid stuff is slightly more under control? It could not have been more obvious that Penn and Teller filmed that separately from Kennedy McMann.

2. And I see that this show is continuing to try to ease its budget problems by having designers dress Nancy, George and Bess, which works great until characters are saying that the dead tourists weren't dressed for the cold and George....really isn't either.

3. Ace coming to save Bess from the terrible date - more of this sort of stuff, please. One of the best relationships in the show.

4. Growing into one of the best relationships of the show: Nancy and Her Two Dads. Especially Carson's horror over the grocery bill and Ryan's lack of cooking skills and his whole "Wait, WHAT WITCH?" at the end there.

5. Speaking of the witch, you killed a cat, Temperance, so you are officially dead to me right from the beginning and I can only feel gleeful that you will presumably be dead or gone or both in 19 episodes. Even if the show was trying very hard to hint that it was a Murderous Cat, that's still on you.

6. Speaking of the cat, I figured something was up with it the instant it appeared, but the "probable murder weapon" was not exactly on my list so, kudos for creativity, Temperance, I guess? You still killed the cat. 

7. Loved the way the D plot about the boxes of candy and the little messages on them kept weaving in and out of the plot. That said, kids, this is another reason why you need to keep Carson informed About Things so he can confirm Bess's suspicions that Daddy Bobbsey is Up To No Good, Again.

8. If I am slightly startled by the number of Cop Rotations in this show (did something happen with Tamura's actor? I liked him) at least there's enough dead bodies around to justify the arrival of more cops. And this one seems competent, which is a good start.

9. Awww on the Nick and George proposal/response. Pity that it was immediately followed by a dead body, though.

10. The direction/timing of that whole scene, though..."A sign from the universe would be more like --" PAN TO DEAD BODY. Hi, sign!

11. Kudos to that counsel member who, shortly after seeing a dead body on a car, went out alone AT NIGHT to inform Nancy that hey, she's now the town liaison with the police. That took guts. Or something. 

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, ybrik said:

Okay did I just not remember this right but was the package that the female officer/attorney showed Carson like the one that Ace was delivering for Amanda’s father?

Yes, addressed to Terry.

People who don't think men and women can be friends, or don't understand what that looks like - look no further than Ace and his friends. Sure, it's fictional, but it's a great example devoid of "friend-zoning" or "nice guy" pining - real connections that enrich the lives of both parties.  I really want him and Nancy together.

Ryan is one of my favorite characters.  I know they changed directions from him from how he was framed in the first few episodes of the show (I seriously just block out that he and George were in a sexual, adulterous affair), and they have done a really nice job with fitting him in.  The show does a lot of things right/well, but one of the best things they've done is quash the rivalry between Carson and Ryan quickly and establish them as a duo of fathers who want the best for their daughter.  Ryan was originally worried about losing all of his money if his father's empire came crashing down, but I really think that his life now is the happiest he's ever been.  The comfort he gets from being welcomed into the Drew household is the warmest he has ever felt.  He doesn't mind being stared at in disbelief while chopping mushrooms like a child, either.

For anyone who also watches Brooklyn Nine-Nine - that scene at the end with the universal appreciation of all five of Ryan's mustards - that was a real Captain Holt and balloon arch ("Vindi-CATION!!!!!!") moment for him.

People on the 9-1-1 board were wondering where John Harlan Kim (Albert) on that show went this season, and why he hasn't been shown in the blackout episodes in LA.  I guess he traded "up" to a frozen heart serial killer in Maine!  I'm expecting there to be some level of spark/chemistry between him and Nancy in future episodes.  On other shows, I would kind of roll my eyes, like, "of course they bring in yet another guy who is attracted to the female lead," but I really don't question why Nancy captures so much interest.

I do want to see Tamura again soon, though.  He is so handsome, even though his head is objectively physically enormous.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Nancy Drew has returned and the television world is better for it!  It really has become one of my favorite shows now: possibly the best out of the CW line-up.

I thought it was a pretty strong start for the third season.  The serial killer who apparently somehow freezes and rips out hearts is an intriguing mysterious and Temperance's involvement in all of it makes for good questions.  I guess it's possible that she is not going to be involved in the actual killings, but she is clearly up to no good: and that was before she apparently murdered a poor cat!

As for those tarot cards, I definitely suspect it will be a case of them coming true in some form, but in unexpected/unpredictable ways.  I doubt it will fracture the Drew Crew for good, but I suspect it will still causes some major issues.  But there are still a lot of variables that I'm curious to see play out.  The first thing that pops into my head is that Odette is still technically in George's body, so I wonder if one of those cards might refer to her.  Or, as mentioned above, maybe Temperance herself. 

Glad the Nick/George wedding is officially a go now!  I just hope nothing messes it up.  They're so cute together.

They could easily slip and cross the line with making Ace almost too perfect, but I think they've done an excellent job with continuing to avoid that.  I think what helps is that it rarely feels like it is about propping him up, but he truly does support whoever it may be (Nancy, Bess, George, etc.), and benefits their character.  Like he certainly gives good advice, but I like how a lot of times he just lets the other character talk or even vent to him, and truly seems to listen to them and try to help them work it out.  In short, Ace continues to be the best!

Nancy and her Two Dads continues to be the best new sitcom on television.  Poor Ryan is trying so hard to live the normal life, but it's hard getting use to chopping up your own vegetables and realizing that not everyone can just randomly drop $600 on groceries.  Meanwhile, Carson's apparently becoming quite the catch now: might have a possible love interest with the D.A. Jean from "The Trial of the Missing Witness."  I'll be down for that if it means more Erica Cerra!

I guess Tamura's actor is doing something else (right now?), but it's cool seeing John Harlan Kim as the FBI guy.  Know him best as Ezekiel from The Liberians.  Kind of wish they let him keep his Aussie accent though.

Welcome back, show!

• Love 6
10 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I was stunned to hear Nancy say about the murdered man "He was not dressed for the weather". This is while George is walking around the entire episode with her bare belly hanging out.

What was that little scene where Temperance Hudson dispatches the man in the hat. That was so random and unexplained. Was that a real person, why was he there and why isn't Nancy more upset that Temperance "poofed" him out of existence. Wouldn't that make one more murder she would have to solve?

But if you're interested in the truth, how about a game?
One of you will be the other's demise.
One of you will betray your true love.
One of you will lose your heart.
One of you will wreak havoc on this town.
One of you will forsake what is dearest to you.
And only one of you will fulfill your destiny.
And that one will cause the rest to fall.

So who was in the room:
Temperance Hudson
Ryan Hudson
Nancy Hudson
Ace
Nick
George
Beth

I'm absolutely terrible at guessing these sorts of things, so, let's go for it:

1. One of you will be the other's demise. Sounds like: Either George or Nick, so it will probably be: Bess.

2. One of you will betray your true love. Sounds like: Either George or Nick, or Nancy or Ace, so it will probably be: Bess.

3. One of you will lose your heart: Sounds like: Again, either George or Nick, or Nancy or Ace, so will probably be: Ryan. 

(You thought I was going to say Bess again, didn't you?)

(I'm pretty sure that "heart" here is meant in the physical, not metaphorical sense; the question is if it's temporary or permanent. In either case, it probably matches up with the "demise" prophecy at the start.)

4. One of you will wreck havoc on this town: Sounds like: Nancy, so much so that it's probably: Bess.

Or, ok, maybe Ryan.

5. One of you will forsake what is dearest to you: Sounds like: Ace or Nick, so quite definitely: Bess.

6. And only one of you will achieve your destiny. Sounds like: Nancy, to the point where I'm convinced it isn't Nancy, so it will probably be Bess.

One thing is certain: I'm wrong about a lot of that.

• LOL 1

The Nick proposal acceptance scene was very sweet. I’m happy for Nick & George and glad that the show saw the potential in this pairing.

OMG, Nancy’s reaction to the angry cat and Carson’s reaction to Ryan chopping mushrooms were freaking hilarious. I love the Ryan/Carson dynamic. 

I hope Bess dating/hooking up with random women is a one-episode thing. Not interested in that at all. 

I was never a Tamura fan (the actor is just blah to me), so I’m not sad to see that he’s gone. I like the new guy from The Librarians well enough, but I don’t need a love triangle. Ace is my guy! 

I enjoy how Nancy’s feelings for Ace are playing out so far. He’s clueless and she’s acting a bit awkward around him. I think he’ll notice something’s up soon, but I’ll enjoy her pining in these first episodes of the season.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 2

For people wondering, the actor that plays Tamura isnt available for filming. He was off filming the live action Fairly Oddparents project, and I believe he has another project he is filming at the moment.

The same thing for Aadilla (Amanda). Though, i think that the Bobbsey's will play a big part in the plot this season. I do wonder if Amanda knows what her Dad is doing and is manipulating Ace in helping him out or his she in the dark as well. 

I can definitely see Ace getting in trouble and finding out he got fucked over and takes the fall. Which will lead to Carson repaying Ace for helping him out with Jail and just being their for him in general.

Usually, when I see a slow burn romance like Nancy/Ace, i roll my eyes. But the way the writers and Kennedy/Alex have played it has been fantastic and unexpected. You have Nancy trying to push her feelings for Ace away because she doesnt want to ruin their connection and because he is with Amanda. But, she just can't help being near him. With Ace, he is slower on the get up. We can tell he likes her, and his body/facial reactions tell that story, but his brain hasn't clicked in to that yet. The staircase scene was a perfect example. He doesn't want her to go, but he also doesn't want to hold her back. 

• Love 4

I didn't realize how much I'd missed this show until I was watching it again!

I don't think any of the prophecies apply to Temperance herself. She started each of them with "One of you," and there were six prophecies and six other characters (Nancy, Ace, George, Nick, Ryan, Bess) in the room.

I do think "One of you will lose your heart" is metaphorical and applies to Bess, because of her new "love sucks and I want only casual hookups" attitude and because of something the showrunner said after last season's finale:

Spoiler

"Bess is going to start a dating app excursion, or more like a series of excursions. [Laughs] But she will not really find fulfillment in those, and so a new love interest will come into the picture for Bess, somebody who takes her a bit by surprise and who will be connected in the end to the larger mythology of the season but in the meantime is a really worthy foil for her."

I agree that "One of you will wreak havoc on this town" likely applies to Nancy -- it's just the juiciest option for her to go from trusted hero to pariah. But it could also be Ace, inadvertently, with the coded boxes.

I feel like "One of you will be the other's demise" and "One of you will betray your true love" go together and may apply to Nick and George? Or is that too easy?

That leaves: "One of you will forsake what is dearest to you" and "And only one of you will fulfill your destiny" ("and that one will cause the rest to fall"). I could see those being Ryan (maybe forsaking Nancy when she wreaks havoc on the town?) and Ace or Nancy, the two who seem most likely to be destined for anything. But knowing this show, none of the prophecies will match up in the expected way... which is one of the reasons why I like it so much. Not many shows surprise me nowadays, but this one has more than once. I'm excited to see what goes down this season!

• Love 4

I honestly think "one will lose your heart" is about Nancy. She loves what she is doing at Horseshoe Bay and has finally been given that love back to her by the town. I think something happens that goes the way of the town turning on her.

I think Bess is the one that wrecks havoc. She is getting more into the Woman in white and witchcraft. I can totally see her becoming very interested in it.

Ace is the most interesting one, because I totally see him getting thrown under the bus for what is going on with the Bobbsey and Nancy being a reason for it without knowing Ace is an unaware participant of it. Nancy sees that her work has put Ace in jail and it breaks her heart.

• Love 1

I am so happy that this show is back, I just love it so much. The TV landscape is always better when this show is on the air, and its especially welcome in October. It hasn't even been gone for too long but I still missed it a lot. The season is already off to a strong start, with a serial killer on the loose and Temperance Hudson back in town, just another day in Horseshoe Bay. I am really glad that everyone already knows that Temperance is here, she seems like she will be an interesting wild card, although she is also a cat killer, so therefore she must be destroyed. 

Nancy and her two dads continues to be the best sitcom on television, I could watch Ryan tease Carson about him being Horseshoe Bays most eligible bachelor or Carson's bafflement at how much Ryan can spend on Groceries all day. Its nice that Ryan is getting involved in the mystery solving, he seems to do a much better job at that then chopping mushrooms. Ryan might be struggling a bit with getting used to being a "normal" person, but he seems happier than he ever has been living with Carson and Nancy. I love that they ended up going this way with Ryan and Carson, they stopped being rivals over who gets to be Nancy's dad are have settled into this unconventional but sweet family dynamic with Nancy. 

Looks like Carson might get a love interest! On the other hand, Bess is dating around and not looking for anything serious, and good for her. Hopefully she can find a few fun dates with non ghost women. 

Nick and George are officially engaged! They're so sweet,  Nick waiting to respond to her proposal to have things from her family shipped in from China and make it a whole big show was so cute. Of course it was immediately followed by them finding a body, because that's just how things roll on this show. 

Always happy to see John Harlan Kim, I guess now we know why Albert has been absent on 9-1-1 so far this season. I think he might be a possible love interest for Nancy, but as much as I love John Harlan Kim, Ace and Nancy are obviously endgame. 

I love Ace and Bess scenes, they always make me smile. It definitely seems like Amanda's dad is using him for some kind of criminal enterprise, I hope that Amanda doesn't actually know what her dad is up to, that would really hurt Ace. Of course, we all know that Ace and Nancy are meant to be. They had some great scenes this week, they just have such a intimate connection together. They are really nailing that slow burn, every scene they share you can really feel the chemistry. 

I am sad for Nancy that she didn't get into Columbia, but of course I am glad that she's sticking around. Horseshoe Bay is her home, she needs it and it needs her. 

• Love 6

I accept I'm really alone on this island but, I'm not a Nancy/Ace shipper. I really like them and think they have great chemistry, but the thought of them romantically just turns me off. I'm not a fan of Ace and Amanda either, I feel like we haven't met his OTP yet. And while I also love George and Nick, I just don't think Nick and Nancy are done. And I think in some way, the prophecy about someone betraying their true love will actually be them. I also think the last ones - about one of them fulfilling their destiny and causing the others to fall - turns out to actually be a good thing and is necessary to save them all. I don't know, I'm just getting 'Xander is the non powered hero that stops Dark Willow and saves the town' kinda vibe. I also think that cloaked figure that Temperance supposedly vanquished is actually 'a good guy/gal warlock/witch/spector/ghost/etc' trying to stop her. I'm probably completely wrong about it all. 

I'm just really happy this show is back. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

I accept I'm really alone on this island but, I'm not a Nancy/Ace shipper. I really like them and think they have great chemistry, but the thought of them romantically just turns me off. I'm not a fan of Ace and Amanda either, I feel like we haven't met his OTP yet. And while I also love George and Nick, I just don't think Nick and Nancy are done. And I think in some way, the prophecy about someone betraying their true love will actually be them. I also think the last ones - about one of them fulfilling their destiny and causing the others to fall - turns out to actually be a good thing and is necessary to save them all. I don't know, I'm just getting 'Xander is the non powered hero that stops Dark Willow and saves the town' kinda vibe. I also think that cloaked figure that Temperance supposedly vanquished is actually 'a good guy/gal warlock/witch/spector/ghost/etc' trying to stop her. I'm probably completely wrong about it all. 

I'm just really happy this show is back. 

See, I think the way the writers were very quick to drop Nick and Nancy and go in a different direction makes me believe otherwise. They probably thought they could go Nick and Nancy, but sometimes plans change and saw more chemistry and story with George/Nick and Nancy/Ace. I think they made the right decision. Instead of forcing a usual option some showrunners go with, they decided to flip the script.

For the prophecies, i don't see it being so literal. 

But we all have different opinions.

• Love 2
On 10/8/2021 at 10:23 PM, Lady Calypso said:

I already had a grin on my face by the first few minutes. I know it's only been a few months since the show has been on, but I've missed it.

Me too! I rewatched the earlier episodes a few times this summer but I've been looking forward to new more than I thought.

On 10/9/2021 at 10:33 PM, quarks said:

11. Kudos to that counsel member who, shortly after seeing a dead body on a car, went out alone AT NIGHT to inform Nancy that hey, she's now the town liaison with the police. That took guts. Or something. 

And hammered on the Drew/Hudson door so hard Nancy thought it was their mysterious disappearing visitor. I love her.

On 10/10/2021 at 12:04 AM, thuganomics85 said:

I'll be down for that if it means more Erica Cerra!

I clapped when I saw her name on the credits. Having her on for a single episode guest role was such a waste so I'm glad they had a plan for her (or realized their mistake). I definitely want more of her and Carson.

On 10/10/2021 at 12:04 AM, thuganomics85 said:

it's cool seeing John Harlan Kim as the FBI guy.  Know him best as Ezekiel from The Liberians.  Kind of wish they let him keep his Aussie accent though.

I recognized his face immediately but couldn't place him until I went to imdb. The accent is apparently a big part of the actor's identity for me. I agree they should have let him keep it. I'm hoping he's sticking around for a while? His imdb page listed him as FBI Profiler and only for this episode.

On 10/11/2021 at 4:00 PM, tennisgurl said:

I am really glad that everyone already knows that Temperance is here

I was worried about them dragging this out so I was very relieved everyone got on the same page immediately (except for poor Carson, of course).

Is there a smaller college nearby to Horseshoe Bay? I don't think every kid/young adult needs a college degree but it is strange that no one in Nancy's group has plans to get one now. George went straight to the restaurant after high school (financially this probably would have been her best plan, at least initially); Nick didn't go back to college after his time in jail (did he mention scholarships? He would have lost those after the trial. He and George could probably use some business classes though); we don't really know Ace and Bess' ages or what their history is there (I feel like Ace's parents would be the type to not be ok with him doing nothing so I'm most curious about him. Bess may not even have finished high school if she started grifting early); and Nancy just gave up on the only college she's ever talked about attending. 

On 10/9/2021 at 11:04 PM, thuganomics85 said:

John Harlan Kim as the FBI guy.  Know him best as Ezekiel from The Liberians.  Kind of wish they let him keep his Aussie accent though.

6 minutes ago, akg said:

I recognized his face immediately but couldn't place him until I went to imdb. The accent is apparently a big part of the actor's identity for me. I agree they should have let him keep it. I'm hoping he's sticking around for a while? His imdb page listed him as FBI Profiler and only for this episode.

Since you have to be a US citizen to be FBI, that’s probably why they aren’t letting him use his real accent. Which… good job doing your homework, show.

• Useful 1
On 10/11/2021 at 6:15 PM, Badsamaritan said:

I'm not a Nancy/Ace shipper. I really like them and think they have great chemistry, but the thought of them romantically just turns me off. I'm not a fan of Ace and Amanda either, I feel like we haven't met his OTP yet. And while I also love George and Nick, I just don't think Nick and Nancy are done.

I agree that I've never been on the Nace train... They did seem better as friends... Tho now it seems inevitable that they'll go that route... I liked Nick and Nancy.. But the CW doesn't seem real comfortable with it's leading white females attached to black men... And they've gone so far down the George/ Nick road... I don't see how it ends without tragedy.. Or character assisnation

On 10/12/2021 at 10:41 AM, Cheetara1986 said:

See, I think the way the writers were very quick to drop Nick and Nancy and go in a different direction makes me believe otherwise. They probably thought they could go Nick and Nancy, but sometimes plans change and saw more chemistry and story with George/Nick and Nancy/Ace. I think they made the right decision. Instead of forcing a usual option some showrunners go with, they decided to flip the script.

For the prophecies, i don't see it being so literal. 

But we all have different opinions.

I'm generally weary of the term "chemistry" as I've seen it used to explain many times why characters if color.. Shouldn't be the Love interests of the lead of a show... 

And you really think between Nick/Nancy and Nancy/Ace... That the former is the usual option... Cuz I took one look at the cast before season one and assumed they'd put nancy and Ace together... I was pleasantly surprised it was Nick.. Until they had to break up for "reasons" shortly thereafter... Which didn't surprise me at all

• Love 1

I love Nick's reply to George's proposal. It was very in-character, the right amount of sentimental, and I liked how they even got Victoria involved.

Nancy's Two Dads is the heartwarming family sitcom of the year. I really enjoyed how they were on either side with a baseball bat to answer the door. And I'm glad she's not hiding the witchy shenanigans from them. 

The townspeople just turning and asking "What does Nancy have to say?" was kind of weirdly funny, but it was nice to see her get that police liaison job. I did like her "I'll grow where I've been planted" line. 

Poor kitty cat.