Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Be the Change You Want to See

DanaK
  • Start Topic

10/06/2021 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : Dylan and Will deal with a dishonest patient whose lupus is in remission. A wealthy donor makes inappropriate advances toward Stevie. Vanessa, Crockett and Charles try to convince a young woman to have life-saving surgery. 

I enjoyed the stories this episode. I had a feeling the donor guy had some medical issue, as his responses seemed off, like he wasn’t aware how he was coming across or couldn’t express himself properly. I feel sorry for the lady with lupus

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, Broderbits said:

I enjoyed the episode too; the show has gotten much better without April and Natalie. Now if they could just get rid of Halstead!

Yes.  If only............

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Broderbits said:

I enjoyed the episode too; the show has gotten much better without April and Natalie. Now if they could just get rid of Halstead!

Oh, yes, indeed! I like Drs. Scott and Hammer. I also like that Dr. Charles has gotten more air time this season. 
Who is the actress playing Stevie’s mother? She looks familiar. 

• Love 4

It feels like they got new writers for the show. They haven't been throwing around the typical bingo card terms (pneumothorax, hemothorax, intubate, "push 2 of epi" (or sux or whatever drug)) as much this season. The storylines seem more thoughtful and complex. Also, no budding romances so far -- the preview for next week notwithstanding.

• Love 6

Dr's. Scott and Hammer are great additions. I'm liking the Dr. Scott/Atwater friendship. Finally someone called Will out on the fact that he loves to play detective.

I thought the donor had a form of dementia based on his affect and lack of self awareness. I'm glad they gave him an actual medical condition instead of making him an entitled, rich ,old man.  

• Love 5

Pinch me!  I actually enjoyed the last two episodes.  I used to hate watch this show.

I don't miss April or Natalie one bit.

I am really liking Dr. Scott!

Halstead's clunky plotline can stay far back in the background, in my opinion.

2 hours ago, spunky said:

Dr's. Scott and Hammer are great additions. I'm liking the Dr. Scott/Atwater friendship. Finally someone called Will out on the fact that he loves to play detective.

Maybe Halstead will switch careers like Dr. Scott and become a cop.

Edited by Mrs Shibbles
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It’s improved fir sure.  I did think the pairing of Crockett with Maggies’s daughter looked unusual.  Does she have a crush?

It definitely looks like a crush. Can’t blame her!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Mrs Shibbles said:

Pinch me!  I actually enjoyed the last two episodes.  I used to hate watch this show.

I don't miss April or Natalie one bit.

I am really liking Dr. Scott!

Halstead's clunky plotline can stay far back in the background, in my opinion.

Maybe Halstead will switch careers like Dr. Scott and become a cop.

Jay is more than enough. 

• Love 1
On 10/10/2021 at 11:15 PM, ECM1231 said:

What happened to Dr. Choi? 

He's off somewhere recovering from his gunshot. I think the actor was working on another project while they were filming these episodes, but he'll be back. It's kind of jarring that most of the original ED docs are gone. Can't say that I miss them though.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 10/10/2021 at 11:15 PM, ECM1231 said:

What happened to Dr. Choi? 

17 hours ago, mrsbagnet said:

He's off somewhere recovering from his gunshot. I think the actor was working on another project while they were filming these episodes, but he'll be back. It's kind of jarring that most of the original ED docs are gone. Can't say that I miss them though.

No wonder the show was so refreshing. I'd forgotten about him completely. Natalie bugged the hell out of me too, but Choi was the one I honestly couldn't stand. He doesn't have (or at least he doesn't show) the necessary depth of human compassion for the front lines of an inner-city ER. Let's put it this way, if I ever end up in the ER with a less-than-life-or-death injury, I sure as hell wouldn't want someone like Choi treating me. Operating? Maybe, but not as initial point of contact.

• Love 2

Such a big improvement in this show since the "culprits: April, Manning, & Choi" are gone. 

I hope Halstead's undercover work doesn't drag on too long. 

Edited by preeya
  • Love 2

As a person who's been living with lupus for the last 15 years, I was really disappointed with this storyline. You rarely hear about lupus on TV, then when you finally do, it's a character who's been lying about her symptoms. Add this to House's tagline about how "it's never lupus", and it's no wonder society doesn't take this disease as seriously as they should.