Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Reasonable or Shady?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

Wendy is too combative to fit with this group and every disagreement has to go from 0-1000. They are done with each other.

[BREAK]

Instead, Wendy did this:

Wendy: Bitch, that's why you ain't got a man, everybody know Jamal don't want you, he's a piece of shit and he still don't want you, everything everybody said about you is true and that's why you sitting home miserable cuz you ain't got a man and you'll never have a man or never get a man because you're a miserable piece of shit!

Robyn: What's going on?

Wendy: bitch, sit yo brolic ass down, that's why Juan don't want you, he ain't never gonna marry you, your shit is fake and you are pathetic!

I disagree about Wendy being too combative to fit with this group. She has yet to pull anyone's hair, or pull a butter knife on someone, or toss salad in a threatening manner (Yep -  that's what I said. Produce can be anxiety-inducing when used for evil).

And if Wendy had gone at Robyn like that, I'd still be breathless, weeks later. Wendy can't spit fire like that, tho. That's a mission for Candi. RAT TA TAT TAT!!!!

I'm sitting here now, gasping for breath just from that internet read.... Seriously, fanning myself in here! Rocking in my chair. BROLIC!!!

36 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I think gizelle is jealous.  I dont think she can afford plastic surgery.  Or at least that is what her dollar store wig and crumbling house are telling me.

Gizelle is vain.  This is fine but she doesn't look the same as she did when this series started.  She looks great in her talking heads, but in the filmed scenes she is looking boxier and more wrinkled. 

So I think seeing someone get their glowup is not sitting well with her.

Wendy has the barbie doll shape now.  Boobs, butt, small waist. You can call the boobs bolt on or whatever, but this is the sought after body shape these days. 

And I think she also did something to her face.  But it's imperceptible.

She just looks good.  I'd admit that the bus look and the dinner look weren't for me.  But I think she looks great.

Ooh, chile, just when I had caught my breath, I read that. Souls are being snatched tonight! Well, they would be if Gizelle's soul could be snatched. I think any shame she had left with Jamal during Round One of their relationship. You don't deal with that type of public embarrassment and come back from it without a very tough hide. That's one of Gizelle's best qualities. She bounces back instantly. Love that about her.

Edited by eXiled
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Why is it wrong for Wendy to have her boobs out on a girl's trip? 

1 hour ago, RealReality said:

@drivethrooteachers should be able to distribute those supplies to kids, who often do not have their own.  

In my opinion, no effort to help should be ridiculed and minimized or "poorly recieved" because it wasn't good enough.  

Teachers shouldn't have to reach into their pockets for pencils and notebooks for kids.  Which is what they often do.  

But now you can't ask a teacher to bring in their own box of kleenex?  

Who said that?  If the drive is to help teachers, then ask teachers what they need in the classroom.  Teachers need supplies other than pencils and crayons.  Or better yet, give the teachers gift cards to Staples or Target and let them get what they need.

If they were never friends why was Robyn whining about how hurt she was by Wendy calling her and Juan's relationship fake?

Because Robyn found out Wendy never regarded her (Robyn) as a friend.  She regarded Wendy as a friendly coworker she liked.  That's why Robyn is pressed over Wendy's "friendship" and Gizelle is not.

Why is it wrong for Wendy to have her boobs out on a girl's trip?   

It's interesting that Wendy has her boobs out for the girls, who don't want to see it but in every scene with her husband her boobs are covered up.  Gizelle doesn't need to see Wendy's titties.  Eddie does and maybe him not seeing Wendy's titties is why he was following 300+ big booty models on Instagram.

So I think seeing someone get their glowup is not sitting well with her.

I don't think so because Candiace shows off her body all the time and nobody has a problem with it because Candiace doesn't have her areolas peeking at them like Wendy did. And it wasn't just the glow up for Wendy, it was the "I'm Dr. IG Model" now.  Uh, ok.

(now that top she had on Sunday night was an engineering miracle)

37 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Since they haven't been friends that long, it's easy to go there. It would take a lot more for Gizelle to get mad at Robyn and start making those types of comments.

Gizelle understands this.  Robyn doesn't and that's why Robyn is more shook than Gizelle is.

8 minutes ago, eXiled said:

I disagree about Wendy being too combative to fit with this group. She has yet to pull anyone's hair, or pull a butter knife on someone, or toss salad in a threatening manner (Yep -  that's what I said. Produce can be anxiety-inducing when used for evil).

I think so, just because of how she came on and acted with Ashley (when that should've been directed towards Monique).  The whole "That's Dr. Wendy to people like YOU."  She had just met Ashley, who is "people like you?"  Granted, she and Ashley were going tit for tat but even then, the group was like "Ok, let turn down the temperature."   Wendy is a combative person.  It serves her well on Fox News.  Not so much elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, eXiled said:

I think any shame she had left with Jamal during Round One of their relationship. You don't deal with that type of public embarrassment and come back from it without a very tough hide. That's one of Gizelle's best qualities. She bounces back instantly. Love that about her.

I mean, why would Gizelle be ashamed? Even the STD rumor, if true, that was from her huzzbin.  She didn't do anything wrong.  The STD rumor is to shame her but why should be shamed because she had relations with her husband? That's the problem with "I got a man, you don't got a man!" reads, even if you have a huzzbin it doesn't mean you have a pot of gold. 

As far as the car goes, why wouldn't she ride in the free car?

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Who said that?  If the drive is to help teachers, then ask teachers what they need in the classroom.  Teachers need supplies other than pencils and crayons.  Or better yet, give the teachers gift cards to Staples or Target and let them get what they need.

Because Robyn found out Wendy never regarded her (Robyn) as a friend.  She regarded Wendy as a friendly coworker she liked.  That's why Robyn is pressed over Wendy's "friendship" and Gizelle is not.

It's interesting that Wendy has her boobs out for the girls, who don't want to see it but in every scene with her husband her boobs are covered up.  Gizelle doesn't need to see Wendy's titties.  Eddie does and maybe him not seeing Wendy's titties is why he was following 300+ big booty models on Instagram.

I don't think so because Candiace shows off her body all the time and nobody has a problem with it because Candiace doesn't have her areolas peeking at them like Wendy did. And it wasn't just the glow up for Wendy, it was the "I'm Dr. IG Model" now.  Uh, ok.

Gizelle understands this.  Robyn doesn't and that's why Robyn is more shook than Gizelle is.

I think so, just because of how she came on and acted with Ashley (when that should've been directed towards Monique).  The whole "That's Dr. Wendy to people like YOU."  She had just met Ashley, who is "people like you?"  Granted, she and Ashley were going tit for tat but even then, the group was like "Ok, let turn down the temperature."   Wendy is a combative person.  It serves her well on Fox News.  Not so much elsewhere.

I mean, why would Gizelle be ashamed? Even the STD rumor, if true, that was from her huzzbin.  She didn't do anything wrong.  The STD rumor is to shame her but why should be shamed because she had relations with her husband? That's the problem with "I got a man, you don't got a man!" reads, even if you have a huzzbin it doesn't mean you have a pot of gold. 

It's my opinion that Wendy is doing too much certainly. She came on too hot too damn fast. That, in addition to her constant bragging, was a bit of a turnoff for me last season. This season, I think she's trying to pattern herself after housewives who seem to have the most slavish stanbase. It ain't working, IMO, because the changes feel forced and inorganic. I wish she would have simply been confident in her many degrees, her new titties, and booty and kept it moving.

I stand by what I wrote previously: Until Wendy starts pulling hair, waving cutlery, or throwing food at people, I think she's doing fine.

Regarding Gizelle: Not everyone is a secure person with high self esteem. I've known people who became embarrassed because of their spouse's actions. Gizelle's self assurance is wonderful in the face of a very public divorce scandal (outside children, various rumors regarding STDs and mental health, etc). Good for her that these things don't bother her.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, eXiled said:

It's my opinion that Wendy is doing too much certainly. She came on too hot too damn fast. That, in addition to her constant bragging, was a bit of a turnoff for me last season. This season, I think she's trying to pattern herself after housewives who seem to have the most slavish stanbase. It ain't working, IMO, because the changes feel forced and inorganic. I wish she would have simply been confident in her many degrees, her new titties, and booty and kept it moving.

13 minutes ago, eXiled said:

Regarding Gizelle: Not everyone is a secure person with high self esteem. I've known people who became embarrassed because of their spouse's actions. Gizelle's self assurance is wonderful in the face of a very public divorce scandal (outside children, various rumors regarding STDs and mental health, etc). Good for her that these things don't bother her.

I think Wendy came on this season determined to have a moment and Gizelle decided if Wendy wanted a moment Wendy was going to get a moment.  The Zen Wen, Tik Tok Mia, sliding up to Karen, reading Gizelle and Robyn, all of that is rehearsed and calculated for TV moments and Gizelle knows that. Gizelle is a troll.  She's trolling us with her hair, her fashions, her house, her clothes, her relationships etc.  Every YouTube blogger reading Gizelle down, every forum, every past and present cast member talking bad about Gizelle equals views, which equals money in Gizelle's pockets.  She's the Lil Nas X of Housewives.

I think if it's true Gizelle spent time in "Sing Sing" she's learned to compartmentalize the insults and the haters and lock them away in a box and keep doing what she's doing to get what she wants.  The only thing that's ever going to make Gizelle get up out her seat and start rumbling is an attack on her children. I saw Wendy looking Grace up and down with a stank face and I'd put odds on Wendy saying something slick about Gizelle's children or Gizelle's mothering at the reunion.

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, eXiled said:

And if Wendy had gone at Robyn like that, I'd still be breathless, weeks later. Wendy can't spit fire like that, tho. That's a mission for Candi. RAT TA TAT TAT!!!!

I'm sitting here now, gasping for breath just from that internet read.... Seriously, fanning myself in here! Rocking in my chair. BROLIC!!!

Ooh, chile, just when I had caught my breath, I read that. Souls are being snatched tonight! Well, they would be if Gizelle's soul could be snatched. I think any shame she had left with Jamal during Round One of their relationship. You don't deal with that type of public embarrassment and come back from it without a very tough hide. That's one of Gizelle's best qualities. She bounces back instantly. Love that about her.

And trust me when I say that I absolutely sympathize with becoming boxier with age.  

All the squats and sidebends can do only so much!

And, like Wendy, I have plans to do something about it.  

I'm not so sold about gizelles thick skin, because a) why won't she entertain talking about her life in front of Karen? and b) why is she talking about Karen ruining her family or whatever? 

That sounded just as bizarre to me as Karen saying gizelle wished death on Ray.  

But I can't think of anything Karen said that realistically warranted such a charge. 

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

The drive, as I understood it, was to keep teachers from reaching into their pockets. 

Which teachers often do to get supplies, like pencils and notebooks for kids that don't have them. 

And now it's not good enough because it should have been gift cards.

Or it's not good enough because kids need more than pencils and paper.    

Good grief.  

Okay, so Robyn is mad because she thought Wendy liked her more than she liked Wendy?  

Robyn is mad because she only considered Wendy a coworker she kinda liked, but is upset because she thought Wendy thought of Robyn as a friend?

And no one needs to see gizelles terrible wigs and outfits.  

Wendy doesn't dress for gizelle and frankly she doesn't really dress for Eddie.  She should dress for herself. 

The same way gizelle should continue wearing her tacky outfits for herself. 

I wouldn't blame a woman wearing what she pleases when she pleases for what a man is doing or not doing.  Him seeing her boobs or not is a) nothing we know and b) wouldn't be responsible for him having a bunch of insta models he is following.  

This line of reasoning is just as destructive as gizelle implying that if Juan strays its Robyn's fault for being depressed.  

There are plenty men who see their s/o boobs, butts and others and still cheat or act out.  

Wendy's point has been that she can be both an educator and a woman who wears low cut tops and trying to box people into a look because of their profession can be counterproductive.  

And in this day and age of software engineers with purple hair, she has a point.  But I'd honestly thought that point had been resolved 10 years ago.  

I really didn't think people were still into "you're not in a respectable profession if you don't wear this, or look like that"

So gizelle shouldn't feel responsible for being so desperate that she let a toad who was a prime candidate for multiple STD get back into her bed, but Wendy should feel some responsibility for who Eddie friends on Instagram because because didn't show him her boobs enough?

As for being combative.  Wendy wasn't combative when gizelle brought up how she was dressed to the entire table. 

She wasn't combative when Robyn ganged up on her and implied that she wasn't substantive because of how she was dressed.  

Wendy wasn't combative when Ashley, Mia, gizelle and robyn gaslit her for daring to even be hurt and AGAIN coming at her about her clothes.  

Gizelle was being combative by announcing at lunch that she did nothing wrong and if wendy felt any way it wasn't her fault.  When literally Wendy hadn't said anything to gizelle.  

Wendy wasn't even combative to Robyn. She made a side comment to her (after kinda telling Robyn to buzz off) and robyn lost her damn mind and starting gesturing between her legs (I guess the delicate flowers who can't bear to see wendys breasts were okay with whatever the hell Robyn was doing)

As I said, gizelle is vain and certainly isn't above driving around in a luxury car when a Nissan Sentra would be more cost efficient.  The only person who had a non luxury car their first season was Robyn. 

So, I find it hard to believe that gizelle is tootling around in a fiat because she just did the math and it makes sense. 

• Love 4

I don't think Wendy is overly combative for the show. Even if she were though, Isn't the point that they want the housewives to argue and get into a war of words with each other? She hasn't sad anything worse than the other women. I thinks she fits right in with the other ladies. The whole point is to look for your moment. I remember hearing behind the scenes where they will all be at a group event and arguing, and if one housewife is being quiet, she will get a text from a producer telling her to jump in because they are losing her. If there were no moments, the show would be boring. Housewives who don't have moments get the boot. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, RealReality said:

The drive, as I understood it, was to keep teachers from reaching into their pockets. 

Which teachers often do to get supplies, like pencils and notebooks for kids that don't have them. 

And now it's not good enough because it should have been gift cards.

Or it's not good enough because kids need more than pencils and paper.    

Good grief.

Ask the teachers what they need.  If someone gets mad because another person says "maybe teachers want/need something else, ask teachers what they need" then they're not mad on behalf of the teachers, they're mad because they want to be seen as charitable and giving and other people aren't seeing it.  We don't know if Wendy was giving the supplies to the teachers because they needed it or because she wanted accolades.  If Askale is a former educator and Wendy really was giving supplies to be helpful and not for a TV moment, then Askale can tell her "teachers really need XYZ."

The KIDS need the crayons and loose leaf paper.  The TEACHERS might need something else (like reams of paper because the school system gives them 3 packs for copies for their class for the whole year and tell them to make it stretch).

16 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Wendy doesn't dress for gizelle and frankly she doesn't really dress for Eddie.  She should dress for herself. 

It's clear she wasn't dressing for Eddie; that's why he was following 300 big booty Instagram models. 

She's mostly definitely not dressing for herself because 2 people who don't like her and whom she does not like told her to put some clothes on and stop dressing like a hoochie from the 00s and she's been covered up ever since.

3 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Even if she were though, Isn't the point that they want the housewives to argue and get into a war of words with each other? She hasn't sad anything worse than the other women. 

No, because whenever Candiace says anything, Candiace needs to be beat up, dragged, put off the show, etc etc etc.

Wendy is Monique 2.0 with 4 degrees instead of 4 homes, she's going down the same road and Eddie is going to end up telling her to pack up this show.

• Love 4

Omigosh!!! LOL!!! This episode was soo funny! I. Died. Was resurrected. Watched it a second time & died again! So. Much. Shade. Best HWs party ever. In the driveway, chile. Lawd, I hope somebody drove Kuuren home. I felt wonky after my vaxx, too.

Off to catch up on the comments! :)

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 4
On 9/27/2021 at 7:54 AM, Jeopardy15 said:

Some thoughts:

• Why oh why have an event at your house when it is under construction??? (Giselle)
  • And you are injured and in a boot? (Giselle)
  • Why come to said event when you don’t like the host? (Wendy)
  • Unless it’s to show off your new products and get free advertising? (Karen)
  • Mia is messy and who is she to need to be greeted at a video shot or need a valet at someone’s house?
  • Why didn’t anyone tell Ashley that her bra was showing?
  • What the hell was Candiace wearing and how did it stay up?
  • “Vassinated” Karen is hilarious!
  • Ashley is really trying to hold onto her job by inserting herself into situations when she wasn’t even present (this is the 3rd or 4th instance). 
  • Is another trip necessary? 

Yep.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Gizelle is a troll.  She's trolling us with her hair, her fashions, her house, her clothes, her relationships etc.  Every YouTube blogger reading Gizelle down, every forum, every past and present cast member talking bad about Gizelle equals views, which equals money in Gizelle's pockets.  She's the Lil Nas X of Housewives.

I think if it's true Gizelle spent time in "Sing Sing" she's learned to compartmentalize the insults and the haters and lock them away in a box and keep doing what she's doing to get what she wants.  The only thing that's ever going to make Gizelle get up out her seat and start rumbling is an attack on her children. I saw Wendy looking Grace up and down with a stank face and I'd put odds on Wendy saying something slick about Gizelle's children or Gizelle's mothering at the reunion.

Gizelle is definitely a troll, yet I don't know if I'd include her fashion sense or home decor as one of the qualities that proves this. There's plenty of photographic evidence of this woman's challenges with fashion over the years. She's so gorgeous and charismatic that her lack of style only adds to her allure, IMO. Do you see her haters? Lawd, if she was constantly turned out and on point, their heads would explode! Giz's constant need to be fashion policed probably keeps a lot of folks from feeling bad. She would be too much out in these streets if she knew how to dress.

Gizelle's personality has grown on me, and I believe she adds a lot to this show. Seriously, lift Giz out and Potomac would be a snooze. I like that nothing these women say means a lot to her. Except for maybe ... Karen? But I'll follow that up in another post directed @RealReality.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, drivethroo said:

I think Wendy came on this season determined to have a moment and Gizelle decided if Wendy wanted a moment Wendy was going to get a moment.  The Zen Wen, Tik Tok Mia, sliding up to Karen, reading Gizelle and Robyn, all of that is rehearsed and calculated for TV moments

[BREAK]

The only thing that's ever going to make Gizelle get up out her seat and start rumbling is an attack on her children. I saw Wendy looking Grace up and down with a stank face and I'd put odds on Wendy saying something slick about Gizelle's children or Gizelle's mothering at the reunion.

Regarding Wendy, I need to do a quick re-watch because I keep seeing viewers saying she was looking at Grace wrong. If Wendy ever THOUGHT about coming for Gizelle's babies, I would have no problem watching Gizelle forget her breeding and lose control all over the professor. My posts show that I'm not one who agrees with physical violence for any reason, but if both of their bad wigs would hit the ground that day, I would applaud. Auntie Robyn could roll up too with her brolic ass and set Wendy straight.

Gizelle's daughters are lovely. You can tell she raised them well, and they know how to conduct themselves with adults. I don't know those children, but if I saw someone coming for them in public, I would jump in, chile. I don't play with nobody's babies out here.

Yet I don't foresee any of this happening. As you said, Wendy obviously stands in front of her mirror practicing reads. It's almost painful. Shade is just not in her wheelhouse (I suspect sis was too busy studying to learn it and good for her).

I'm of the opinion that Wendy may even be using the show as an opportunity to steer her life in a direction that she believed was impossible in the past due to family strains and concerns. No way her traditional immigrant family that stressed education and achievement would have allowed 20 year old Wendy to veer from the path set for her. Nearly 40 year old Wendy, on the other hand, can do as she pleases. 

I just think Wendy miscalculated. She thinks she can use a Porsha (ATL) template to win over the minds of hearts and fans. She has book sense; not people sense. If she had people sense, she'd know that people will definitely pull back from anyone we suspect is a fraud. Say what you want about the other ladies on this show, I suspect we get mostly factual depictions of their personalities/lives (save for Karen's Black Bill Gates delusions and Mia's phony come-up ass). Wendy can only win if she goes back to being herself (with some minor adjustments).

All ain't lost for this sister. Even Monique still has fans out here. Wendy knows how to use words to discuss things. If she would go back to using words native to her skill set (drop the phony reads, neck popping, and nastiness) she'd be fine.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, RealReality said:

And trust me when I say that I absolutely sympathize with becoming boxier with age.  

All the squats and sidebends can do only so much!

And, like Wendy, I have plans to do something about it.  

I'm not so sold about gizelles thick skin, because a) why won't she entertain talking about her life in front of Karen? and b) why is she talking about Karen ruining her family or whatever? 

That sounded just as bizarre to me as Karen saying gizelle wished death on Ray.  

But I can't think of anything Karen said that realistically warranted such a charge. 

I notice that too. What's that about, I wonder? Specifically with Karen, who of all the Potomac wives, has the thinnest skin. She works the hardest to put forth a more upscale image of her circumstances than she and Ray can afford, so I don't understand why Giz hesitates to discuss her circumstances in front of Karen. Maybe it's as simple as Karen's marriage being long-running AKA successful?

Well, if Gizelle is worried about that, I'd tell good sis to sit back. It's been my experience that when vow renewals start taking place, love is usually on the rocks. Ray out here can barely lift a package, but still look bored with his younger wife, lol.

• Love 5

I'm still going to give Wendy the benefit of the doubt and props for trying to help, and believe that if she helped even one student, her efforts were successful. I'm sure someone was thankful for the supplies, and the awareness raised for teachers. I can't see knocking anyone for at least trying. Also, we have no idea what went on before the scene or after. How do we know that she didn't contacted her sons' school and they told her what was needed. We cannot assume she didn't talk to anyone. That is not her fault, that is the producer of the show's fault. 

Mia will soon dethrone Candaice as the queen of disaster on social media. The woman is becoming unhinged. Half the drama on the show now starts on twitter/instagram. I think Askale should have gotten Mia's champagne flute. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, RealReality said:

I think gizelle is jealous.  I dont think she can afford plastic surgery.  Or at least that is what her dollar store wig and crumbling house are telling me.

She is driving around in Jamal car, does she have one of her own anymore? Maybe. Or maybe she is just dying to show off that high end fiat on TV?  Everyone else on the cast is driving a luxury car, even Robyn.  And IIRC gizelle used to drive a luxury car so it's not like she was always above it all. 

Gizelle is vain.  This is fine but she doesn't look the same as she did when this series started.  She looks great in her talking heads, but in the filmed scenes she is looking boxier and more wrinkled. 

Genuine lol! Giselle is getting pretty hard to look at, they should start filming her with a bag over her head.  Giselle with bag over her head>>>>Wendy

Edited by Mr. Miner
2 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Mia will soon dethrone Candaice as the queen of disaster on social media. The woman is becoming unhinged. Half the drama on the show now starts on twitter/instagram. I think Askale should have gotten Mia's champagne flute. 

At this point Mia is two french fries short of a happy meal. She always tries to come for Candiace, Wendy and Askale days after the episode airs. And the funniest thing is she ends up arguing with herself. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I actually find this to be a very attractive cast (probably one of the most attractive RH casts) and Giz is in her 50s looking the way she does....I'd love to be as "boxy and wrinkled" as Giz is when I hit my 50s.

I have actually watched this episode again because I love Karen's edited fever dream and the faces she was making, I just wish it weren't connected to the vaccine.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, eXiled said:

Regarding Wendy, I need to do a quick re-watch because I keep seeing viewers saying she was looking at Grace wrong.

It's the scene where Grace & Robyn go to move Candiace's car.  Mia, Wendy and Karen are standing by somebody's car waiting to be let out.  Grace & Robyn had to walk in single file because the driveway was narrow.  Grace is in front of Robyn.  When they walk by (Grace in front of Robyn), Mia & Karen say hi to the girl.  Wendy says nothing, looks at Grace (who is still in front of Robyn so she was not looking at Robyn) and then after they pass Wendy says something to the effect of needing to go because she doesn't want to end up miserable like Gizelle.  It appeared like Wendy was looking Grace up and down with a stank face. Wendy may not have been making stank faces at Grace and just had a stank face in general but too many people noticed/mentioned it for me not to take a look and try to see what they saw.

3 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Mia will soon dethrone Candaice as the queen of disaster on social media. The woman is becoming unhinged.

Today, she is telling someone they wear designer but live with their mother in the townhouse.  Most people are saying this is directed towards Askale because Askale told her to sit her ho azz down or something to that effect.  But this makes no sense because Askale is married with 2 little children.  Nobody knows what her living situation is like and nobody has ever brought up Askale's mother.

Mia HAS been to Candiace's old townhouse and everyone clowns Candiace about living in the townhouse her mommy paid for so I think that barb was directed towards Candiace, not Askale.  Still doesn't make sense because Mia knows Candiace doesn't live in the townhouse anymore, she lives in a single family house.  The only other person on the cast who was known to be living in a townhouse is Robyn but Robyn moved into her new house back in August.

1 hour ago, spunky said:

She always tries to come for Candiace, Wendy and Askale days after the episode airs. And the funniest thing is she ends up arguing with herself. 

I'm not mad at Mia for coming for Wendy because Wendy came for her first, but Mia started the situations with both Candiace & Askale so however they get Mia together is what it's going to be.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

It's the scene where Grace & Robyn go to move Candiace's car.  Mia, Wendy and Karen are standing by somebody's car waiting to be let out.  Grace & Robyn had to walk in single file because the driveway was narrow.  Grace is in front of Robyn.  When they walk by (Grace in front of Robyn), Mia & Karen say hi to the girl.  Wendy says nothing, looks at Grace (who is still in front of Robyn so she was not looking at Robyn) and then after they pass Wendy says something to the effect of needing to go because she doesn't want to end up miserable like Gizelle.  It appeared like Wendy was looking Grace up and down with a stank face. Wendy may not have been making stank faces at Grace and just had a stank face in general but too many people noticed/mentioned it for me not to take a look and try to see what they saw.

Today, she is telling someone they wear designer but live with their mother in the townhouse.  Most people are saying this is directed towards Askale because Askale told her to sit her ho azz down or something to that effect.  But this makes no sense because Askale is married with 2 little children.  Nobody knows what her living situation is like and nobody has ever brought up Askale's mother.

Mia HAS been to Candiace's old townhouse and everyone clowns Candiace about living in the townhouse her mommy paid for so I think that barb was directed towards Candiace, not Askale.  Still doesn't make sense because Mia knows Candiace doesn't live in the townhouse anymore, she lives in a single family house.  The only other person on the cast who was known to be living in a townhouse is Robyn but Robyn moved into her new house back in August.

I'm not mad at Mia for coming for Wendy because Wendy came for her first, but Mia started the situations with both Candiace & Askale so however they get Mia together is what it's going to be.

Well Askale just got her together on Twitter.  

Edited by spunky
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 9/27/2021 at 8:58 PM, RealReality said:

Maybe if she thought a nanosecond before dragging her mother on a reality show for a storyline she would have seen this coming from a mile away.  

I understand this, but I 100% think that Candiace would have been "your mama" even if Mia's mom was a good church lady with 50 years on the usher board under her belt, feeding a baby squirrel she nursed back to health and giving out clothes to the homeless. Candiace is that girl who played the dozens in the lunchroom at private school with the rest of the black girls as a way of establishing her "street cred". She said as much herself. She goes after the obvious things, which is why she was like "Ashley, I talked about your fivehead way before you were pregnant". Mamas are always round 1-2 of the dozens.

Also, I'm wondering if Mia and her mom being on the show was a way to throw her mom some money without giving her some money. The "friends of" and regular filming partners (except husbands) usually get a daily per diem rather than a full check. It's been confirmed that some (RHOA) get six-figure salaries, but I would guess that most make a modest amount (like an extra's per diem of a couple hundred bucks a day). Having her mom make an appearance on 3-4 days does a bunch of things : 1) gives her mom some employment history (cause Bravo is definitely sending out 1099s); and 2) allows her mom to get some money in her pockets that she might not otherwise accept. I'm a little more attuned to the man behind the curtain, so I'm not assuming that Mia didn't clear these clearly uncomfortable conversations with her mom first. If she's been staying with her sister and raising her grandkids, even a modest payout might be attractive. 

Edited by Rlb8031
more thoughts
  • Love 5

Mia, you are dismissed.

Askale, please come get your champagne flute.

Snoop.gif.1b6010efae696b87e54fe08a41629abe.gif

What is it with howives and horrible mothers? I'ma need Kenya, Candiace, Kandi, Mia, Bethenny, and Kyle/Kim/Kathy to come through and get their own damn show just to tell me all about their mamas!

I don't watch all the franchises, so if I'm missing some, add 'em to the list.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

I understand this, but I 100% think that Candiace would have been "your mama" even if Mia's mom was a good church lady with 50 years on the usher board under her belt, feeding a baby squirrel she nursed back to health and giving out clothes to the homeless. Candiace is that girl who played the dozens in the lunchroom at private school with the rest of the black girls as a way of establishing her "street cred". She said as much herself. She goes after the obvious things, which is why she was like "Ashley, I talked about your fivehead way before you were pregnant". Mamas are always round 1-2 of the dozens.

Also, I'm wondering if Mia and her mom being on the show was a way to throw her mom some money without giving her some money. The "friends of" and regular filming partners (except husbands) usually get a daily per diem rather than a full check. It's been confirmed that some (RHOA) get six-figure salaries, but I would guess that most make a modest amount (like an extra's per diem of a couple hundred bucks a day). Having her mom make an appearance on 3-4 days does a bunch of things : 1) gives her mom some employment history (cause Bravo is definitely sending out 1099s); and 2) allows her mom to get some money in her pockets that she might not otherwise accept. I'm a little more attuned to the man behind the curtain, so I'm not assuming that Mia didn't clear these clearly uncomfortable conversations with her mom first. If she's been staying with her sister and raising her grandkids, even a modest payout might be attractive. 

I do think the Candace "yo momma" joke had nothing to do with knowing anything about Mia's mom and so you're right, she would have said it regardless.  And I wouldn't have found it any worst or more offensive than any other "yo' momma" joke from the 90s.  

However, if this causes anyone, including Mia to clutch her pearls, then she should consider that the world at large is going to have far worse to say about her mother than what Candace said.  

Maybe Mia is trying to give her mom a little spending money in appearance fees.  But, I wouldn't have thought she would have brought her mother on to bare her soul about what is clearly painful for her.  For what is a relatively small amount of money for the potential for public ridicule, I don't think that, if I were in Mia's shoes, it would be worth it.  Her mother may really not understand how reality TV works, but Mia should.  And she knows people are going to talk shit about a woman who was a drug addict who neglected her child.  

• Love 3
9 hours ago, eXiled said:

I notice that too. What's that about, I wonder? Specifically with Karen, who of all the Potomac wives, has the thinnest skin. She works the hardest to put forth a more upscale image of her circumstances than she and Ray can afford, so I don't understand why Giz hesitates to discuss her circumstances in front of Karen. Maybe it's as simple as Karen's marriage being long-running AKA successful?

Well, if Gizelle is worried about that, I'd tell good sis to sit back. It's been my experience that when vow renewals start taking place, love is usually on the rocks. Ray out here can barely lift a package, but still look bored with his younger wife, lol.

Ray is bored and not happy, but if there is one thing he said that I believe it is that he has no interest in some young thing to tire him out even more.  At this point, even with all her nonsense, Karen knows how Ray likes his tea, what kind of pastries he likes, and how often she can realistically ask him to take his blue pill without killing him.   

I also suspect that Karen shows him some consideration.  I noticed that after he made it clear that he didn't really like the black bill gates moniker, she stopped using it.  Could have also been the giant tax bill, but I'll give karen the benefit of the doubt.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Ray is bored and not happy, but if there is one thing he said that I believe it is that he has no interest in some young thing to tire him out even more.  At this point, even with all her nonsense, Karen knows how Ray likes his tea, what kind of pastries he likes, and how often she can realistically ask him to take his blue pill without killing him.   

I also suspect that Karen shows him some consideration.  I noticed that after he made it clear that he didn't really like the black bill gates moniker, she stopped using it.  Could have also been the giant tax bill, but I'll give karen the benefit of the doubt.  

So what's your opinion of why Gizelle is always shutting down discussing Jamal in front of Karen? Do you think it's as simple as Gizelle saying, "We are not friends like that Karen?" Or could it be because Karen's the Founder, President, and CEO of the Gizelle Can't Keep A Man Foundation?

• LOL 7
17 hours ago, drivethroo said:

It's clear she wasn't dressing for Eddie; that's why he was following 300 big booty Instagram models. 

She's mostly definitely not dressing for herself because 2 people who don't like her and whom she does not like told her to put some clothes on and stop dressing like a hoochie from the 00s and she's been covered up ever since.

Wendy is Monique 2.0 with 4 degrees instead of 4 homes, she's going down the same road and Eddie is going to end up telling her to pack up this show.

The notion that how Wendy dresses or doesn't dress is in any way responsible or even the reason for Eddie following instagram models makes absolutely no sense to me.  

There are men who see plenty of boob and butt from their wife and STILL follow instagram models or go to strip clubs.  And there are plenty men who have wives who dress conservatively and don't follow instagram models.  

This idea that men are behaving a certain way because a woman is or isn't doing something is such toxic and nonsensical thinking.  At its core, the biggest reason to have it is to forgive men for their behavior.  

I mean, he wouldn't have had to do "xyz" if you had just done "abc" is what it boils down to. 

But I do find it amusingly ironic that people speculate that Wendy changed her body for Eddie, and then in the same breath say that he is friending instagram models because Wendy won't show him the body, she apparently got solely to keep him.  

Instead of maybe considering that Wendy got the plastic surgery for herself, not for Eddie and that they are doing okay and probably better than some of the other couples.  

Comparing Monique to Wendy, particularly where their marriages are concerned doesn't make sense to me either.  

All available evidence suggests that Eddie and Wendy are far more equal partners than Chris and Monique in their respective marriages.  

Monique and Chris met when he was a football star and she was a failed rapper.  He had all the money and power, and she positioned herself to make him the center of her universe.  She routinely talked about how she coddled him and made him her ONLY priority.  she talked about how she JUST wanted to be a wife and mother.  When her mother in law asked her about working she was very clear that as "wifey" she didn't do that.  

Conversely, Eddie and Wendy met in high school, as financial equals.  Even if one of their parents had more money, it didn't belong to the kids, particularly since it seems clear that Eddie would be disowned by his family for being with Wendy.  

Eddie knew, or should have known that Wendy was going to have a career, and he was with her through every step of building that if they met as teenagers.  Through college, and through each of her four degrees, through plotting to get into a professorship and then as she made a bid to become a television commentator.  

Eddie would have never been under the impression that Wendy JUST wanted to be a wife and mother (and there is nothing wrong with that).  

And as a professor and as a commentator, and even now as a HW, Wendy contributed and contributes more financially than Monique did and therefore she is not as dependent on Eddie for her lifestyle as Monique was on Chris S.  for hers.  

Wendy can talk about going into Eddie's pockets for the candle line, but I think thats just for show/storyline (as this stupid single wick candle is apparently part of Wendy's storyline for the season).

Given those differences, I don't think Eddie would give Wendy a directive to "pack it in" because thats not how I think their marriage works since they are more equals.  Whereas with Monique and Chris, he could probably tell her to pack it in, because they aren't and never were equals (which she was fine with).  

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, eXiled said:

So what's your opinion of why Gizelle is always shutting down discussing Jamal in front of Karen? Do you think it's as simple as Gizelle saying, "We are not friends like that Karen?" Or could it be because Karen's the Founder, President, and CEO of the Gizelle Can't Keep A Man Foundation?

I think its both, but more the latter.  To me, both suggest that Gizelle cares more about public perception and the opinion of the other women than she wants to let on.  

If Gizelle TRULY didn't care about what people thought of her, she would share her business anywhere and everywhere.  Which is what she expects of everyone else, even though they aren't all really a super tight knit group of friends.  

Gizelle wants to cherry pick who and where she shares her business to avoid negative commentary and opinions and the same ganging up that she likes to encourage when she wants to get at someone else. 

To that end, Gizelle will curate a sympathetic audience of people who won't ask a lot of critical questions or dig too deep.  

It reminds me of when politicians or celebrities choose to only do an interview with a station or news personality they think will be sympathetic....and then they demand the questions in advance....and will negotiate the wording of the questions before a camera is even set up.  

I'll be the first one to say that Gizelle is brilliant for getting away with it this long.  but I think thats because only Karen really calls her out on it.  

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Wendy can talk about going into Eddie's pockets for the candle line, but I think thats just for show/storyline (as this stupid single wick candle is apparently part of Wendy's storyline for the season).

Given those differences, I don't think Eddie would give Wendy a directive to "pack it in" because thats not how I think their marriage works since they are more equals.  Whereas with Monique and Chris, he could probably tell her to pack it in, because they aren't and never were equals (which she was fine with).  

This stupid single/triple wick candle storyline of Wendy vs. Karen fell a bit flat because Wendy and Karen are friends this season. Also, someone posted a video of Karen saying that back when she was promoting La Dame that she would have other home essentials, including a candle. You know if production wanted, they could run that back, but they won't because the were banking on that being a source of conflict. I think because of Covid, this season is very heavily produced in that sense. 

I also agree with you that Eddie wouldn't give Wendy a directive to pack it in, because yes they are equals, and I have another reason. I do think that they value the show merely as a source of somewhat easy added income. With three young growing children, they can use all the extra money they can get. Plus the exposure likely helps her get more opportunities, both as a reality star for Bravo and as a commentator for news networks. Whether or not Hopkins likes her involvement with Bravo is one thing, but she stands to gain a lot from being on the show, and it is very beneficial to their family. I also think that's one of the reasons why Monique liked the show, because it was her job and money that she was earning, and it helped fuel her other businesses that would be something that she had independent of her husband.,

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Maybe Mia is trying to give her mom a little spending money in appearance fees.  But, I wouldn't have thought she would have brought her mother on to bare her soul about what is clearly painful for her.  For what is a relatively small amount of money for the potential for public ridicule, I don't think that, if I were in Mia's shoes, it would be worth it.  Her mother may really not understand how reality TV works, but Mia should.  And she knows people are going to talk shit about a woman who was a drug addict who neglected her child.  

Yeah, but I also think about the what is meant by "public ridicule". If mom is like other former offenders with drug issues, she's not living in a well-heeled bedroom community. The odds are that her past (as both a felon and an addict) is somewhat to completely known by everyone she comes into regular contact with. In my experience, folks like that aren't "hiding" their pasts, because they can't. It follows them everywhere. So the idea of being ridiculed for it isn't really a thing. It's not like she's some soccer mom afraid of what the ladies at SoulCycle will think. And since she's a woman of a certain age, she's probably not living her private life online where random trolls can come at her. She's going to be oblivious to that unless she goes looking for it. My sense is that the poorer, blacker, and more female you are, the more the system forces you to be performative with your contrition. Whether it's in front of social workers/drug treatment counselors or on Bravo on Sunday nights, you're not getting off without acknowledging your wrongs.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Now Mia is saying that she will let of her social media manager. Girl, we know that was you. Askale responded, and people dragged you, now you are backtracking. Stop it. 

So it was her social media manager who implied that she had sex with a cast member's husband? She is a pathological liar.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

This stupid single/triple wick candle storyline of Wendy vs. Karen fell a bit flat because Wendy and Karen are friends this season. Also, someone posted a video of Karen saying that back when she was promoting La Dame that she would have other home essentials, including a candle. You know if production wanted, they could run that back, but they won't because the were banking on that being a source of conflict. I think because of Covid, this season is very heavily produced in that sense. 

I also agree with you that Eddie wouldn't give Wendy a directive to pack it in, because yes they are equals, and I have another reason. I do think that they value the show merely as a source of somewhat easy added income. With three young growing children, they can use all the extra money they can get. Plus the exposure likely helps her get more opportunities, both as a reality star for Bravo and as a commentator for news networks. Whether or not Hopkins likes her involvement with Bravo is one thing, but she stands to gain a lot from being on the show, and it is very beneficial to their family. I also think that's one of the reasons why Monique liked the show, because it was her job and money that she was earning, and it helped fuel her other businesses that would be something that she had independent of her husband.,

I was pretty surprised to hear networks still wanted her to do commentary.  I kinda thought that would have detracted from her "image" as an expert.  

If I could I would have told Wendy to really think about how to use her platform. 

I would have suggested the cookbook. Which I think would have been a good moneymaker and a good way for people to get to know Wendy.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I was pretty surprised to hear networks still wanted her to do commentary.  I kinda thought that would have detracted from her "image" as an expert.  

If I could I would have told Wendy to really think about how to use her platform. 

I would have suggested the cookbook. Which I think would have been a good moneymaker and a good way for people to get to know Wendy.  

I definitely understand why you say that. If this were about ten years ago, I would have said the same thing. It does probably make people not take her as seriously, because as Claudia Jordan once said, once you appear on a reality show, that's all they will call you. Reality star Wendy... On the other hand,  I think today networks care more about ratings than anything. I think that they like the fact that people who wouldn't normally watch their news show will watch because they know Wendy from RHOP. Double edge sword. 

I forget who said it, but Wendy totally missed the mark with this candle, and could have totally leaned on her heritage for creating something unique that no one else on the show or across the franchises can provide. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 4
On 9/26/2021 at 9:06 PM, drivethroo said:

HOWEVER #2, you can brag about having a HUZZBIN and how you have a man and the other woman doesn't and that man can go away in the snap of a finger.  NEVER brag about how you have a man because that is really nothing to brag about.

^This.

I will never understand where the idea of the situation of “having a man” is seen as “superior” to being single.

Plus how about the cheating, mentally, emotionally abusive husbands (some being on this franchise)?  
are THOSE better than no man?

how about other husbands that have engaged in criminal activity against vulnerable people*?

*Alledgedly

Edited by JonnieUniteUs
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

^This.

I will never understand where the idea of the situation of “having a man” is seen as “superior” to being single.

Plus how about the cheating, mentally, emotionally abusive husbands (some being on this franchise)?  

how about other husbands that have engaged in criminal activity against vulnerable people*?

*Alledgedly

Preach!!!

My first husband decided his hobby was to abuse me in every way possible - physically, mentally physically (no tears needed because it’s been almost 30 years ago).

I would have continued the rest of my life okay being single after that experience.

I have been happily married to an amazing man for over 26 years. This wouldn’t have happened if I had decided that my existence and self esteem was dependent on a man.

• Love 13
14 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Preach!!!

My first husband decided his hobby was to abuse me in every way possible - physically, mentally physically (no tears needed because it’s been almost 30 years ago).

I would have continued the rest of my life okay being single after that experience.

I have been happily married to an amazing man for over 26 years. This wouldn’t have happened if I had decided that my existence and self esteem was dependent on a man.

Glad you got away from that first turd😡

Hugs❤️

• Love 5
On 9/27/2021 at 9:38 AM, bichonblitz said:

Gizelle is such a mess. She makes for great TV, though. 

You could see Wendy seething at Karen bringing her candle gifts to Gizelle's. That's how you do it, Wendy! She has a lot to learn. 

I am fascinated on how that top stayed up. 

So does the Grand Dame  have a bit of a drinking problem? Regularly drunk dialing people in the middle of the day? Or night? 

I was distracted by Candiace’s top.  I was afraid it would fall down. 

Karen’s drinking has raised questions in previous episodes. I wonder how much has been edited. 

Isn’t the candle market pretty full? I see candles everywhere. 

It's been my experience that when vow renewals start taking place, love is usually on the rocks. Ray out here can barely lift a package, but still look bored with his younger wife, lol.

And Karen is making a big production of the event with the two gowns. If it ends up being more about her than them, it won’t bode well for her marriage because Ray is already acting like he’s put out being in the shadow of La Dame’s orbit.  

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

And Karen is making a big production of the event with the two gowns. If it ends up being more about her than them, it won’t bode well for her marriage because Ray is already acting like he’s put out being in the shadow of La Dame’s orbit.  

If?

Remember the housewarming party she had, her entrance thru the sliders in the basement in the hat and pink suit, she made that entrance alone, no Ray.

Karen would have no interest in a vow renewal if she was not on the TV so of course she is amping it up with two dresses, it will give her, "more look at me," moments.

Maybe she should wear a dress for each of wick her candles have.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1