Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Reasonable or Shady?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

When Robyn told the story about the bathroom ban, Wendy did not give Robyn a chance to finish the story.  Wendy immediately demanded to know who was banned from the bathroom and then went off from there.  If Wendy had given Robyn the chance to finish the story, the group would've learned Gizelle had the bathroom ban but Robyn felt it was wrong & everyone needed to be treated fairly.

In contrast, Karen was also offended but she didn't "go off" on them and Gizelle was actually trying to smooth it over with Karen.  You can be nasty and aggressive in a calm tone but Wendy wasn't calm, Wendy immediately turned up.

I think what drives me crazy about Wendy is that she THINKS she is going to shut everyone down with her comments, and get the last word, and IMO she should honestly know better.  Say what you're going to say and then let them say what they're going to say but stop thinking you're going to get your shut down moment. It isn't going to happen with this group. 

But Mia is the one who went for the jugular so quickly by saying Candiace's video was "low budget" and she went there because she knew she was wrong for asking Candiace's mother personal questions.

Mia wouldn't like it if Candiace went to Mia's mom and asked her how many years was she originally sentenced to prison or did she take a plea deal to get 20 years.

Believe me, I am not defending Mia's question to Dorothy. But this is still a pattern with Candiace, where she goes very dirty very quickly. So while I can think Mia was in the wrong for her sidling up to Dorothy, I can also recognize that Candiace's pattern isn't great. (Funnily enough, she didn't go for the jugular with Monique, so my guess is that she only does that with people she doesn't consider a friend, which is obviously the case with Ashley and Mia). 

The only person who wasn't messy in that situation was Askale, who walked away when Dorothy made her rounds.

Karen kind of skated on it, too. I mean, both Wendy and Askale walked away after Mia asked her question, but Karen stood right there wanting to hear the answer!

I think Candiace took the questioning better from Robyn than from Mia because she knows Robyn (and they are friendly off camera --Robyn appears to be the mother hen of the group).  She doesn't know Mia and Mia certainly did not know Candiace's mother to be immediately so familiar with her.

There is no doubt that Mia was being shady. But I think she also felt like she could get away with it by saying, "well, hey, I was on my husband's payroll."  But I agree, I think that Candiace thinks of Robyn as an actual friend and so therefore didn't go after her in the same way. 

Also, you make a good point re Wendy saying that Robyn and Juan aren't in a real relationship. But as someone who has been in a long-term relationship but is unmarried, I would be similarly offended by Wendy's attitude towards Robyn and Juan's relationship if she said similar things about me and my significant other. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

(Funnily enough, she didn't go for the jugular with Monique, so my guess is that she only does that with people she doesn't consider a friend, which is obviously the case with Ashley and Mia). 

She still hasn't gone for the jugular with Ashley because she still hasn't said anything about Sheila, who actually is low budget.  Candiace would have every right to go after what Sheila can't do for Ashley whenever Ashley brings up what Dorothy does for Candiace.

19 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Karen kind of skated on it, too. I mean, both Wendy and Askale walked away after Mia asked her question, but Karen stood right there wanting to hear the answer!

I think Karen pulled Dorothy to the side and asked her if she realized they were mic'd up, to which Dorothy was like "yeah, and?"  Karen wanted the tea but she also knew they were being filmed and she didn't want to be filmed ki'ki'ing with Candiace's mom about Candiace's bum husband.

Wendy did walk away, saying "don't mess with people's families*" but going to Candiace during the video shoot was messy for two reasons:

• That could've waited until after the filming wrapped up
  • Wendy only pointed out Mia's mess instead of telling Candiace the full story which was Dorothy went to each and every cast member to badmouth Chris and only she and Askale walked away

Mia was wrong but don't just blame Mia when everybody in the group was gossiping with Dorothy about Chris.

21 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Also, you make a good point re Wendy saying that Robyn and Juan aren't in a real relationship. But as someone who has been in a long-term relationship but is unmarried, I would be similarly offended by Wendy's attitude towards Robyn and Juan's relationship if she said similar things about me and my significant other. 

No doubt and that's why Robyn was offended in Williamsburg when Wendy said her relationship with Juan was fake.  Married or not, at this point Robyn has been with Juan almost as long as Karen has been with Ray.  Wendy's invitation was a dig just like Robyn/Gizelle's invitation was a dig (or a perceived dig--after all the podcast is called Reasonably Shady).  If Wendy truly feels Robyn's relationship with Juan is a fake piece of bullshit she absolutely should not invite Robyn & Juan to the couples' trip**.

*People are making hay about Wendy seemingly looking Grace up and down with a stank face during last night's episode (when Grace & Robyn went to move Candiace's car).  I looked at the clip, figuring Wendy was probably giving Robyn the stank face as both Robyn & Grace walked by but no, Wendy appeared to be giving Grace the stank face looking her up and down ---Robyn was behind Grace.  I truly hope Ms. "Don't Mess With People's Families" doesn't decide to put Grace & the Twins' names in her mouth during the reunion to come after Gizelle...I think that would be the only thing that would get Gizelle up out her seat.

**I think Juan would participate in group events if the group was actually friends.  I think if Robyn had an event with Gizelle, Ashley & Michael, Candiace & Chris and even Karen & Ray, Juan would probably show up.  Those other people? Nope.  He does need to show up for Robyn more because when a man is standing by you, giving you that protection and support, the energy towards a woman is much different. If Juan Dixon was actually here right now, Wendy never would've told Robyn her relationship wasn't real.

If the show wants to break up the GEB sorority or shut down their influence over the cast, they need to bring Charrisse back.  I think Robyn would side more with Charrisse than Gizelle if that happened.

• Love 7

I dunno.  I kinda liked that Gizelle hosted a party at her under-construction house. I am who I am, she seemed to be saying.  Take it or leave it.  Since these Housewives shows so often seem to be about Keeping Up Appearances (under the weirdest of circumstances), I find Gizelle's attitude refreshing.  Also, for once the party games looked like actual fun.

She probably should have given the contractors the day off, though.

The bit about not letting some of the women use the bathroom was pretty hilarious.  My guess is that she made announcement to see Karen and Wendy squirm.  A demonstration of shade at its finest!  Wendy squirmed—she is such a tool—but Karen just blew Gizelle off magnificently.

On the Hideous Outfit Scale, I'd have to award Wendy's costume first place.

And I loved Candiace's blouse—wacky sleeves and all.  Appropriate for a get-together with these ladies?  No.  But definitely appropriate for a get-together with Bravo's cameras!  But I kept worrying about how much pain Candiace's nipplles were gonna be in when she ripped off the body glue!

• Love 5

Hallucinations is a side effect of the vaccine ? Maybe in the interest in public health the producers should have edited that out.

Candice takes the loss in getting her tire buffed out since she gave her keyfob to a 16 yr old eps- when the mom said to give it to someone else out there to move.

Not to add to Giz construction miseries - but if she plans to entertain, she might need to think about parking. Guests shouldn't have to worry - too much about being blocked in. Unless she recently did her lawn - I would have parked in the grass.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, sATL said:

Hallucinations is a side effect of the vaccine ? Maybe in the interest in public health the producers should have edited that out.

Candice takes the loss in getting her tire buffed out since she gave her keyfob to a 16 yr old eps- when the mom said to give it to someone else out there to move.

All True Tea on Instagram posted the after show videos. Gizelle said that Grace was in her room crying and afraid that Candiace would never speak to her again,  while Candiace wasn't angry about it at all. Candiace laughed it off saying that she's sure she'll add more scratches to her car. 

16 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

THIS!!!!!!!!! I have said over and over again. The "you can't keep a man" narrative is tired and stupid, but if you don't want people to talk about your relationship status, or lack thereof, stay out of peoples' marriages!!! They went way over the line with that one. 

100% agreed

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, spunky said:

All True Tea on Instagram posted the after show videos. Gizelle said that Grace was in her room crying and afraid that Candiace would never speak to her again,  while Candiace wasn't angry about it at all. Candiace laughed it off saying that she's sure she'll add more scratches to her car. 

100% agreed

It was a ridiculous stunt nonetheless. The girl can't drive and she had to maneuver someone else's expensive car down a twisty road. They are lucky that was the limit of the damage.  Unfair all around.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, dosodog said:

I can't call her an ahole this episode.  She made up goody bags for teachers.  We spend a LOT, out of pocket, and that bag had essentials!  Folders with the the three ring prongs! 

While I appreciate the gesture, the actual execution of it was ridiculous. 

She didn't need three people to pack up what appeared to be 20 bags of a few items. Most parents would just deposit that amount of stuff directly to the school or write a check for the teacher to cover expenses.

The whole segment was performative rather than actually being a valid charitable platform. 

• Love 14

As a former teacher I would have laughed at those teacher bags. It looks like what Staples gives away to kids. There was nothing there for a teacher. It was school supplies for kids. Teachers need paper, markers, staplers, 3x5 cards, folders etc. I doubt she even asked a teacher what they needed. Fame Ho.

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, retired watcher said:

As a former teacher I would have laughed at those teacher bags. It looks like what Staples gives away to kids. There was nothing there for a teacher. It was school supplies for kids. Teachers need paper, markers, staplers, 3x5 cards, folders etc. I doubt she even asked a teacher what they needed. Fame Ho.

Target. https://www.target.com/p/sharpened-2-wood-pencils-up-up-153/-/A-53713860?preselect=15023951#lnk=sametab

I recognized the purple arrow. $2.99/24 pk (todays current price). I thought one of the ladies were holding actual pencils which means they broke up a package.

Agree. I would have given teachers a gift card. 

I was more shocked that Wendy is (claims) to be a woman of means. Not to mention she has 2 kids in school. She could have given more inside of each bag.

image.png.7c8bc46f2ab02be234beaa80ec322d6d.png

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Iguessnot said:

It was a ridiculous stunt nonetheless. The girl can't drive and she had to maneuver someone else's expensive car down a twisty road. They are lucky that was the limit of the damage.  Unfair all around.

A lot of us fellow millennials saw that Candiace was being "the cool auntie".  The fact that Grace was scared that Candiace may never speak to her again shows that she most likely sees her as "the cool auntie" who will let her borrow her car. 

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, sATL said:

Target. https://www.target.com/p/sharpened-2-wood-pencils-up-up-153/-/A-53713860?preselect=15023951#lnk=sametab

I recognized the purple arrow. $2.99/24 pk (todays current price). I thought one of the ladies were holding actual pencils which means they broke up a package.

Agree. I would have given teachers a gift card. 

I was more shocked that Wendy is (claims) to be a woman of means. Not to mention she has 2 kids in school. She could have given more inside of each bag.

image.png.7c8bc46f2ab02be234beaa80ec322d6d.png

Scant school supplies in a backpack did not seem like a help to teachers at all.  Maybe go to an under served community donated all of that stuff.  Did she really need the help of two other HW's to stuff a couple of back packs.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, drivethroo said:

I think Karen pulled Dorothy to the side and asked her if she realized they were mic'd up, to which Dorothy was like "yeah, and?"  Karen wanted the tea but she also knew they were being filmed and she didn't want to be filmed ki'ki'ing with Candiace's mom about Candiace's bum husband.

Wendy did walk away, saying "don't mess with people's families*" but going to Candiace during the video shoot was messy for two reasons:

• That could've waited until after the filming wrapped up
  • Wendy only pointed out Mia's mess instead of telling Candiace the full story which was Dorothy went to each and every cast member to badmouth Chris and only she and Askale walked away

Mia was wrong but don't just blame Mia when everybody in the group was gossiping with Dorothy about Chris.

Mia's question re Chris and payroll was messy but that doesn't mean that Dorothy wasn't messier. Agreed, though, that Wendy wasn't painting the whole picture re what Candiace's mother was up to. 

3 hours ago, drivethroo said:

If the show wants to break up the GEB sorority or shut down their influence over the cast, they need to bring Charrisse back.  I think Robyn would side more with Charrisse than Gizelle if that happened.

I don't see any reason why producers would want to break up Robyn and Gizelle. Gizelle moves the action forward AND she's entertaining and eminently watchable, which isn't easy for a show like this. And Robyn represents the rational part of their relationship.  I think that if there were actual conflict between Robyn and Gizelle, then you could see them getting rid one or other of them, but while they are still thick as thieves, I don't see production wanting to break them up. 

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I don't see any reason why producers would want to break up Robyn and Gizelle. Gizelle moves the action forward AND she's entertaining and eminently watchable, which isn't easy for a show like this. And Robyn represents the rational part of their relationship.  I think that if there were actual conflict between Robyn and Gizelle, then you could see them getting rid one or other of them, but while they are still thick as thieves, I don't see production wanting to break them up. 

I have long thought that they won't pull this card until they feel like the show is going stale. Introducing Askale as Robyn's friend along with the fact that Askale has already been in her confessional talking about how loyal Robyn is to Gizelle makes me think that they would use her to drive a wedge between them. Also Askale seems to be on the side of Wendy and Candiace and against Mia, so if Gizelle and Mia get tighter and Askale, Wendy, and Candiace get tired they may have Robyn play the middle, and that could contribute to driving a wedge between her and Gizelle, if necessary.

I really don't see it happening though, Gizelle and Robyn seem super tight. Although, so did Nene and Cynthia, and Phaedra and Kandi, and we see what happened there unfortunately. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, retired watcher said:

Exactly. They needed 3 people for that? There were hardly any supplies at all! It must have taken all of 3 minutes to complete that big project. What a joke. 

• Love 4

I don’t love what Mia is doing with her mom but I can’t get to upset because all I can see is poor burnt baby Mia.

And I get Wendy wanting nobody to talk about her husband/marriage and Candy not wanting anyone who isn’t supportive to not come to her events.

But where would their storylines go?

• Love 8

I don't have a single problem with what Candace said.  The same way I never had a problem with Mike Tyson laid someone out on the ground during a fight.  Mia poked the bull and got the horns and thats on her.  Maybe if she thought a nanosecond before dragging her mother on a reality show for a storyline she would have seen this coming from a mile away.  

I also don't have a problem with what Wendy said.  The invitation was already stank, talking about haters and whatever.  But to hear, out the gate that Wendy wasn't going to be allowed to use the bathroom, even as a joke, would have been enough to annoy the hell out of me.  And that is not at all how it was presented IMO, Gizelle and Robyn said the event almost didn't happen because Gizelle didn't want to let people into the bathroom.  I don't even know at what point Wendy came at Robyn, but I safely assume that ONCE AGAIN, Robyn involved herself in something someone was saying to Gizelle for no good reason.    

ROBYN was the one who started to raise her voice.  ROBYN is the one who took it to 100.  To sit there and start yelling at Wendy and then pretend that Wendy is the crazy one is nuts to me.  

Gizelle's wig looked pretty bad this episode and so I wonder if she is struggling for money, because she couldn't find a local park to host this event at?  Why would she give people this fodder unless there was some sort of additional location fee for filming at that disaster of a house.  Why does she keep insisting on rebuilding it, is it a historic home?  If the city lets her she should tear that whole thing down and start over.  

And then for Robyn to act butthurt when Wendy didn't talk about inviting her after she sat around reading her the riot act is ridiculous.  Robyn can keep pretending like she doesn't care, but she very CLEARLY cares and I think she knows that people think her relationship with Juan is pathetic because he doesn't like her.  

I don't believe for a second that Mia was coming from a good place, just like I don't believe that Ashley can never, ever, EVER get a babysitter or a nanny for more than a hour.  

I wonder if Dorothy went home the following day, I assume she did.  Maybe her husband misses her.  LOL.  

• Love 10
4 hours ago, retired watcher said:

Wow, no good deed goes unpunished.  

I cannot imagine taking my time and effort to buy anything for the classroom, even the wrong things and having someone laugh at my efforts.  

Better for me to just keep paying my taxes and focusing my volunteer efforts elsewhere.  I loathe ingratitude.  I think its why  I tend to donate to shelters, and I can tell you right now that if there is ANY use AT ALL for the items, they will make use of them.  No laughter, only gratitude.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I can't stand Wendy and her lame AF "can't keep a man" BS.

I'd normally hate it, but Gizelle is the one who brought up Wendy's marriage and Gizelle is clearly projecting her desperation to keep any man onto Robyn with her "you better fix yourself!" nonsense.  

You hit where it hurts and this is where it hurts Gizelle.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Also, notice how Wendy straight up stated the rumor that Gizelle has a STD from Jamal (that not even Karen straight out stated).

Well, Gizelle likes putting Wendy's business on front street and Gizelle was pushing her luck with that last question, so Gizelle got what was coming to her.  The hot box comment and now Wendy?  I don't see how Gizelle is the baddest bitch walking when she ever let that toad Jamal back into her life and into her bed.  And not for one second do I believe that Jamal told her shit about what was in that binder.  

• Love 6
12 hours ago, eXiled said:

This week's star was the editors! Candiace skittering up the drive, looking back and forth in horror, with subtle jungle music playing beneath the action was everything! I kept expecting Indiana Jones or someone to swing through to save her bougie ass from Gizelle's unfinished abode. I felt Candiace's fear and distaste, y'all.

Gizelle commenting under her breath that Candiace's event was in parking lot, therefore it wasn't high class and then the editors showing more of her crumbling property? GOLD!!!

"That window -- they are looking at your titties...." Is why I can't hate Candiace like some do. Her slick mouth hits the spot sometimes.

I. WAS. DYING!  It was really a moment!  What the hell is that frankenhouse even supposed to be?  That thing is going to be an absolute disaster.  

Gizelle couldn't afford a few citronella candles and bug zappers?  Is the inside uninhabitable?  Why didn't they have the party wherever Gizelle is currently living?

I like Candace, but I always root for an underdog and candace really does crack me up. 

11 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I like Candiace, too, but jeez I wish she wouldn't go for the jugular so quickly. Now, I don't know if she knows Mia's history with her mother, so she may have just been making general "your mother" comments. But given the situation with Mia's mother, Candiace should stay away from it when it comes to Mia.

, I wish more housewives would take that approach.

I fundamentally disagree with the notion of pussyfooting around anyone on the cast. 

Everyone should be treated equally.  Mia not only made it a point to be messy with someone else's mother, Mia has exploited her own mother's past by putting it on the show and making it a storyline.  If Mia is fine exploiting her own mother, why should she be off limits for anyone else?

This is the same reason I disagree that Ashley and her "motherhood journey" have to be treated with kid gloves.

No one has ever walked on eggshells around Candiace, even when she has told them outright that her mother is a sore topic for her.   Everyone knows that Eddie is a sensitive topic for Wendy, but they still bring him up.  

If Ashley and Mia cannot handle it, they should go.  

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Wendy was on fire this eppy with the clapbacks, gotta give her props.  Once again, she explained herself at Candiace's get together...that should have been enough and if not then whoever was 'curious' should have taken Wendy aside and asked questions.  

Wendy is like us Philly girls in that we keep it classy but have no problem going for the jugular when bitches insist on poking the bear.  

Gah I really hate gold design, it always looks gaudy and Gizzard didn’t disappoint.  I will say that she looked great in the red jumpsuit but her unit looked like it cost $2 at Charlene’s Low Price Wig Store.

Her comments about Karen and Depends/not wanting her and Wendy at her flea market podcast party is the reason why I wish Karen hadn’t apologized to her in the previous eppy….Karen spelled it out last night, Gizzard’s ‘apologies’ are full of shit because she does the same shady stuff right after.  But let Karen or Wendy throw facts at her wrinkly ass and she kicks them out, GTFOH with that hypocritical shit.

Askale must get a plume next season, are ya listening Andy?

Robbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb, never wear that tacky short ensemble again. 

Guess I’ll be the only one who liked Candiace’s top, it complimented her tits and beautiful skin.  Loved Chris putting Dorothy in her place.  Heiffa, tend to your own husband and stop worrying about your daughter’s!

I reallllllly can’t stand Mia’s mom….Mia is really trying with your ass but you seem to put up a distant wall every time. 

9 hours ago, eXiled said:

Candiace's skin is always so pretty and glow-y to me. I enjoyed Chris telling Dot to her face that she ain't paying none of his bills.

I've said this before: Mia's mother look like she gets PTSD every time she looks at Mia (who looks like her father). She just ain't feeling Mia like that. Period. It's not Mia's fault, but I think she's a reminder of a time Mia's mother would rather forget. Staring into that familiar face is probably jarring for this woman, even though it's her own child.

9 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Mia is extremely jealous about the relationship her mom has with Mia's sister, who does not share a father with Mia.  I can't imagine Mia's sister (or siblings) being too happy with her dragging their mom about her drug problems and prison stint on national television.

Karen is about 7 years older than Gizelle, who is about 7/8 years older than Robyn.

You'd be putting up a wall too if your daughter was dragging you on national television to talk about your prison stint, your drug problems, your multiple baby daddies and how basically you're your younger daughter's nanny and maid.  Mia's sister/siblings should encourage Mom NOT to film with Mia anymore should Mia get a second season on this show.  Go find another storyline because this ain't it.

Mia has never once stopped to consider that perhaps her sister really actually NEEDS her mother's help because she wasn't lucky enough to marry a rich man while she was working the pole at the red lobster. 

And Mia is always so confrontational with her mother "oh, well because I have it together I don't need a mom?"  No one said that, most especially not your mother.  Like who wants to constantly have conversations like that?  Those should be done in counseling, not while you're being filmed for a reality show.  

Mia's mother was released six years ago, but her recovery may still be fragile, and constantly being confronted on TV may not be helpful.  

Mia's story humanizes her, but exploiting her mother to be on a reality TV show when she is already a "business boss" or whatever doesn't make her likable to me at all.  I suspect her mother is doing this as a favor to Mia.  She doesn't appear to be asking Mia and Gordon for money or a place to live.  She seems happy to be around her grandchildren and she seems fairly gracious with Mia.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

I cannot imagine taking my time and effort to buy anything for the classroom, even the wrong things and having someone laugh at my efforts.  

Better for me to just keep paying my taxes and focusing my volunteer efforts elsewhere.  I loathe ingratitude.  I think its why  I tend to donate to shelters, and I can tell you right now that if there is ANY use AT ALL for the items, they will make use of them.  No laughter, only gratitude.  

Wendy literally made a production out of dragging the ladies over to pack up a few supplies. She should have given that task to her sons. Then it wouldn't have looked like a lame stunt.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, bosawks said:

Candy not wanting anyone who isn’t supportive to not come to her events.

Candiace has only really banned one person from her events, and that person is Ashley Darby.  Mia will probably be on the ban list because Mia unnecessarily dissed Candiace's video shoot after being called out for gossiping about Candiace's husband with Candiace's mother.

1 hour ago, RealReality said:

And that is not at all how it was presented IMO, Gizelle and Robyn said the event almost didn't happen because Gizelle didn't want to let people into the bathroom.  I don't even know at what point Wendy came at Robyn, but I safely assume that ONCE AGAIN, Robyn involved herself in something someone was saying to Gizelle for no good reason.   

Robyn was the one telling the story about the bathroom ban when Wendy interrupted and demanded to know who was banned from using the bathroom.  Actually, NOBODY was banned from using the bathroom because Robyn told Gizelle that wasn't right and everyone had to be treated fairly and then Gizelle agreed everyone could use the bathroom.  But Robyn never got to tell the rest of the story because Wendy went from 0-1000.

Robyn didn't involve herself in this instance; she was already involved and part of the story.

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

Wendy literally made a production out of dragging the ladies over to pack up a few supplies. She should have given that task to her sons. Then it wouldn't have looked like a lame stunt.

It shouldn't matter what the optics were when the fact was that Wendy took her time, she took her money and she took her platform to try to bring attention to teachers going out of their own pocket and donate some items

Instead of applauding her efforts she is being ridiculed for even trying.  What a world.  

Apparently teachers are too good for what Wendy was offering so she should focus her efforts, her money, her attention and her platform elsewhere.  Literally, anywhere else.  

I hope she goes to a shelter next time.  I've never seen shelter staff turn up their nose at brand new school supplies because they weren't enough, they weren't expensive enough or good enough or because it was "too much of a production"

• Love 9
18 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I think what drives me crazy about Wendy is that she THINKS she is going to shut everyone down with her comments, and get the last word, and IMO she should honestly know better.  Say what you're going to say and then let them say what they're going to say but stop thinking you're going to get your shut down moment. It isn't going to happen with this group. 

Believe me, I am not defending Mia's question to Dorothy. But this is still a pattern with Candiace, where she goes very dirty very quickly. So while I can think Mia was in the wrong for her sidling up to Dorothy, I can also recognize that Candiace's pattern isn't great. (Funnily enough, she didn't go for the jugular with Monique, so my guess is that she only does that with people she doesn't consider a friend, which is obviously the case with Ashley and Mia). 

There is no doubt that Mia was being shady. But I think she also felt like she could get away with it by saying, "well, hey, I was on my husband's payroll."  But I agree, I think that Candiace thinks of Robyn as an actual friend and so therefore didn't go after her in the same way. 

Candiace goes dirty quickly but will turn into a weak bitch as soon as someone calls her bluff. She looks like a fool with the your mama stuff when her own mama is the one blabbing about her and her marriage. Her husbands beard looks like it smells. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, RealReality said:

I have 16 kids.  Of the 16, 3 came to school with all of the 6 items we requested they bring.  3.  Just 3.  

Glue sticks, pencils, lined paper, scissors, crayons and 3-3ring binder folders add up when it's more than one kid.  

If Wendy showed up with her goody bags?  I would dance for her like she did at Robyn's engagement.   And send her 16 popsicle stick birdhouses.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

Mia really should keep her mother off this show because it seems exploitive at this point to continue having her come on camera and lambast her, put her problems out there completely and complain about what she does for her other children that are probably a lot more in need of her help than Mia is. I can't imagine it's fun to get dressed down every time you see someone either, especially in front of your grandchildren, no matter what your problems in the past. Her mother served her time and Mia is allowed to feel any way she wants and do things on her own time but it doesn't need to be televised for some boss babe self made storyline.

Candiace is actually one of my favorites and I can't believe the amount of hate she gets for being "shady" and deserving of a beat down vs. everyone else who is also shady and sometimes more so. I think she's beautiful, has good style, is funny and has really good one liners that don't seem to be coming from the script book. She doesn't pop off until someone screws her over IMO and never appears to come out of the gate gunning for someone. I also enjoyed that she laughed off Grace damaging her tire and her actually having faith in the girl even though she is a terrible driver.  Dot did a number on her for sure but as of right now I am enjoying Candiace. 

Wendy annoys me but as soon as someone told me they were considering not letting me use their restroom at a party they invited me to on a construction site, I'd be asking for my bottle of Moet back. Let me grab that, thank YOU! Askale is so cute and I think she is super level headed until someone gets on her nerves and she gets them together like she did with Mia, I wish we could see more of her life because as of now I am thinking she would've been a better fit than Mia.

• Love 12

I still think the GEBs were sincerely noticing Wendy's shift at the beginning of the season and mentioned it out of concern. Moreso Robyn, but I think it was sincere *and* also meant to be a little bit of a storyline. Not really going after Eddie because they don't believe it and also because they like Wendy. But definitely mentioning it because... show.

I loved the addition of both Wendy and Eboni on RHofNY. But I think because of their political commentary jobs (and maybe their inherent personalities that make them good at their jobs?), to me, when they argue, it come across differently. I'm not sure how to phrase it exactly, but "politically commentator-ary combative" is the best I can come up with. That's why the GEBs, especially Robyn, are OVER IT. Robyn has shown extreme over it-ness when she is really trying to explain to Wendy what was said or how it was meant and her reaction to Wendy's response. I would be, too. It's like, I can't *talk* with you. Robyn is too laid back for that kind of energy especially when she's trying to be heard and be clear. Just as Wendy said Mia hasn't met the other Candiace, Wendy hadn't met the other Robyn. She's meeting her now. And she's going to get a lot of exasperated "OK, Wendy... damn," from Robyn from here on out.

**Reasonably Shady is a great listen.**

Edited by Rorysmom
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Wendy, IMO, shut down all argument when she pointed out that if any of them were concerned and not just concern trolling, they could have called her privately...... and not a one of them did before ambushing her on TV.  

And each and every time she tried to answer about the clothes, gizelle or Robyn would interrupt her or talk over her.  

The question was asked at dinner that night.  To the degree that wendy was allowed to answer the question, she did.  

If the "concern" is for Wendy then the question was asked, and answered to the degree allowed.  

So why did it need to come up again and again and again and again if there was some good intention behind it? 

The only person that Wendy MIGHT be hurting with her new look and attitude is herself.  She told you she is fine.  Since she isn't hurting anyone else, why keep up with it?

Because she dared to be hurt by her friends coming for her? And instead of privately coming to her and explaining herself instead gizelle recruited her crew and ganged up on Wendy at lunch and gaslit her.

And Wendy had the special honor of being advised that her feelings were shit because gizelle felt it to be so. 

But apparent gizelle had every right to be outraged that Wendy talked about her tacky ass house? 

Robyn and gizelle already sent a stank invitation. 

And now you're starting off with some stupid ass story about how I wasn't going to be allowed to use the bathroom in the house when I drove myself out to this disaster construction site?

I'd have serious concerns about the bathroom period.  Is it even working, because it sounds like gizelle and the girls aren't living there.  I wouldnt br surprised if there was a portapotty situation. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 7

It comes up because it's the nature of the show. They all have things explored on camera. The level of maliciousness from them was low, and the cheating part was always qualified with, "We know it's not true."

Edited by Rorysmom
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Rorysmom said:

It comes up only because it's the nature of the show. They all have things explored on camera. The level of maliciousness from them was low, and the cheating part was always qualified with, "We know it's not true."

That does not mean that they were barred from calling Wendy before they ambushed her on national TV. 

Phones still work, they still could have called if they were truly concerned.  

If they were both so "concerned" but NEEDED to get it on camera they could have pulled Wendy into their pre dinner conversation where they were talking about wendy.  Wendy specifically asked what they were talking about when she came in and both said "nothing"

So that reasoning doesn't really pass muster.  

I disagree, as I believe the malice was high and obvious. 

And in gizelles case, maybe more than a little from a place of jealousy and insecurity.

Gizelle first talked about how Wendy's clothes showed too much skin, before she ever even approached a shift in personality.  

"We gotta talk about that, I've seem more of your body than I ever have" was gizelles lead in at the dinner table. 

Not a thing about Wendy's personality.  And then Robyn said she lacked substance or was flighty or whatever.  Wendy barely got a word in edgewise as the two of them went at her. 

Neither one of them, after that dinner went to check in on Wendy or explain themselves.  Even though the cameras were there. 

Can we assume Wendy brought up the rumor about Jamal giving gizelle an STD came from a place of concern because she mentioned it was a "rumor" or is it just mean spirited to bring it up on national TV that gizelles hot box is from Jamal?

Or if wendy had said with "well, I don't believe the blogs either when they say that Jamal gave you an STD but I'm concerned about you, do you need a referral good gynecologist?" would it have been okay? Could one safely assume it comes from a place of concern because Wendy said she as concerned and didn't believe it?

If someone said publicly "listen, I don't believe the rumors that you steal credit cards, but others might" I'd see it for what it was, which isn't concern. And it had nothing to do with being on TV or not.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 4

But why even tell the bathroom story?  Its so rude.  I wasn't going to let certain people use my bathroom but after much thought and consideration I've decided, yes, yes, I will let you pee.  Uh, thanks?  I'd be annoyed too.  It was antagonistic.

I'd wear Candiance's outfit everywhere if I had the bod for it.  Except maybe the shoes. 

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, DanielleBowden said:

But why even tell the bathroom story?  Its so rude.  I wasn't going to let certain people use my bathroom but after much thought and consideration I've decided, yes, yes, I will let you pee.  Uh, thanks?  I'd be annoyed too.  It was antagonistic.

I'd wear Candiance's outfit everywhere if I had the bod for it.  Except maybe the shoes. 

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

Why even tell this story?  Surely there have been other disagreements between G and R.  Why this one? 

Candace looked gorgeous in her top and her skin is such a perfect contrast to the color.  

She has the type of body to take fashion risks.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, RealReality said:

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

Why even tell this story?  Surely there have been other disagreements between G and R.  Why this one? 

Candace looked gorgeous in her top and her skin is such a perfect contrast to the color.  

She has the type of body to take fashion risks.  

I was not a fan of the shirt but you are right, she has a great figure and can wear whatever she wants...just not that top.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

Wendy, IMO, shut down all argument when she pointed out that if any of them were concerned and not just concern trolling, they could have called her privately...... and not a one of them did before ambushing her on TV.  

And each and every time she tried to answer about the clothes, gizelle or Robyn would interrupt her or talk over her.  

The question was asked at dinner that night.  To the degree that wendy was allowed to answer the question, she did.  

If the "concern" is for Wendy then the question was asked, and answered to the degree allowed.  

So why did it need to come up again and again and again and again if there was some good intention behind it? 

The only person that Wendy MIGHT be hurting with her new look and attitude is herself.  She told you she is fine.  Since she isn't hurting anyone else, why keep up with it?

They didnt call her because they're coworkers on a reality show. They're not BFFs offscreen, its literally their jobs to bring up shit about each other so they have a job to go to.

And Wendy can make up all the excuses she wants as to why, but the reality is her coworkers are shocked/dismayed/confused by her very drastic change, that SHE made to herself all by herself. To walk into S2 with your tits literally hanging out when the last they saw you, you were a buttoned up professor, is going to make waves. That's literally the reason you did it! Now she's all offended because people notice and keep commenting. What did you expect? That's the life of a reality tv personality. There are no concerned off-screen concerned phone calls....gtfoh with that silliness Wendy! If anything she should be grateful her "friends" are even acting concerned considering many see Wendys new version of herself very pathetic and not liberating if they are in fact related to the scandal surrounding her husband.

• Love 12
16 hours ago, RealReality said:

Nobody is disputing that teachers need school supplies and that there are many poor children who can't afford even basic school supplies.

What was ridiculous was that instead of utilizing her platform to organize something like a drive that would actually provide supplies and other funding, she had three women pack up a tiny amount of school supplies. It was less than a gesture - it was ludicrous and accomplished nothing. 

She could have had her children do it in 10 minutes and that might have actually been a genuine teaching moment for her children. 

It is analogous to her *plan* for a candle business or what she is stating is her being the next Martha Stewart. And yet, she theoretically hasn't even figured out what the cost of a candle would be - let alone ancillary and overhead costs to determine whether the business would be profitable. As *lazy* as Robyn is, her hats actually represent a viable business - not only does it fill a niche but she had to figure out costs including fulfillment costs and find a distributor to manufacture the hats. I am not an expert in baseball hats but I don't think her hats are something that you just buy in bulk on Alibaba whereas a candle is generic. You just get someone to slap your personal label on mass produced candles.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, HotHW said:

They didnt call her because they're coworkers on a reality show. They're not BFFs offscreen, its literally their jobs to bring up shit about each other so they have a job to go to.

Wendy was within her rights to respond in the manner she did. If a coworker feigning concern pressed me about personal changes I made that did not detract from the work we did together, they would receive a similar response. I don't see a difference just because I work in an office. Fake concern is always gonna receive blowback, especially from someone aware enough to realize when a coworker is being fake (whether on a TV show or in an office setting).

They're coworkers. If the bandits were really Wendy's friend, they would have called off-camera to offer assistance and a helping hand.

Not saying that Gizelle and Robyn don't have the right to ask, mind you. Ask away, y'all. Just don't get mad when Wendy huffs and puffs and blows your concern-trolling all the way down.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, HotHW said:

And Wendy can make up all the excuses she wants as to why, but the reality is her coworkers are shocked/dismayed/confused by her very drastic change, that SHE made to herself all by herself. To walk into S2 with your tits literally hanging out when the last they saw you, you were a buttoned up professor, is going to make waves. That's literally the reason you did it! Now she's all offended because people notice and keep commenting. What did you expect? That's the life of a reality tv personality. There are no concerned off-screen concerned phone calls....gtfoh with that silliness Wendy! If anything she should be grateful her "friends" are even acting concerned considering many see Wendys new version of herself very pathetic and not liberating if they are in fact related to the scandal surrounding her husband.

I think that Wendy knew that her plastic surgery was going to make waves. She knows she signed up for a reality show. I think that's why she went to hard on Mia at her Nude Interlude. I think Wendy's problem is Robyn, Gizelle, and Ashley tying her plastic surgery to the cheating rumors from the trash blog, the same blog that allegedly said that Gizelle allegedly got burned by Jamal. So if we all had agreed last season that the blogs were bad, they lie and fabricate stories, why are you using the trash blogs to build your storyline and strengthen your case? 

2 hours ago, amarante said:

What was ridiculous was that instead of utilizing her platform to organize something like a drive that would actually provide supplies and other funding, she had three women pack up a tiny amount of school supplies. It was less than a gesture - it was ludicrous and accomplished nothing. 

Usually I like to participate in the back to school drives. I haven't the last two years because of the pandemic. The ladies said they had problems finding places to film during this season. I don't know if Bravo wanted to take cameras to a larger event where they had to worry about distancing, masks, and COVID protocols. I do commend Wendy for putting it on the show, because people who haven't been thinking about helping teachers are now. Also, I don't trust Bravo cameras. There may have been a lot more that we didn't see. I have never had a teacher not be appreciative of any donation. Every little bit helps. If one student benefited from what Wendy did, that accomplished something. 

2 hours ago, eXiled said:

Wendy was within her rights to respond in the manner she did. If a coworker feigning concern pressed me about personal changes I made that did not detract from the work we did together, they would receive a similar response. I don't see a difference just because I work in an office. Fake concern is always gonna receive blowback, especially from someone aware enough to realize when a coworker is being fake (whether on a TV show or in an office setting).

They're coworkers. If the bandits were really Wendy's friend, they would have called off-camera to offer assistance and a helping hand.

Not saying that Gizelle and Robyn don't have the right to ask, mind you. Ask away, y'all. Just don't get mad when Wendy huffs and puffs and blows your concern-trolling all the way down.

I agree with all of this. They aren't her real friends. The true dynamic of Robyn, Gizelle, and Wendy will never be known due to what happened last season. I do believe that Gizelle and Wendy would have gone at it last season if the altercation did not happen, because there are a few scenes that made me feel like it was going that way. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, HotHW said:

Fine.  Then gizelle and robyn need to stop insisting they were "concerned" because they were not and are not and never were.  

And Wendy's point is even more justified in her point that they do not care and are not "concerned" 

Wendy was not offended that anyone noticed her change in dress, she was offended by the implications made about what that meant. 

Wendy explaining herself is now an "excuse?"  Why bother asking why she did it if anything she says is just an "excuse?"

Don't bother asking her the question if you don't want the answer.  Which neither gizelle nor Robyn wanted since they continuously talked over Wendy anytime she calmly tried to explain herself.  

Nor does Wendy need an "excuse" to change her body and her wardrobe.  

Gizelle should take notes and change every single thing about her personal style with is and remains tacky.  

• Love 4
16 hours ago, RealReality said:

It shouldn't matter what the optics were when the fact was that Wendy took her time, she took her money and she took her platform to try to bring attention to teachers going out of their own pocket and donate some items

Instead of applauding her efforts she is being ridiculed for even trying.  What a world. 

I think if the supplies were described as supplies for kids, not supplies for teachers, it would've been received better.  Teachers need reams of copy paper, they need Kleenex & hand sanitizer and with the pandemic, they need masks.  We didn't see any of that. Since Askale said she used to be an educator, Wendy could've asked Askale "Hey what do teachers need as far as supplies?" and they could've organized another supply drop off to continue this storyline.

8 hours ago, Countess said:

Candiace is actually one of my favorites and I can't believe the amount of hate she gets for being "shady" and deserving of a beat down vs. everyone else who is also shady and sometimes more so.

You can look back at my previous comments in earlier seasons to see I was not a fan of Candiace, but the whole Monique/fight/gaslighting/smear campaign forced me to go back and review different scenes and situations involving Candiace. The vast majority of the time when she's saying something "reckless," it's in response to someone else, usually Ashley and it strikes a nerve because more often than not, Candiace is telling the truth with her verbal bombs.  Leave Candiace alone and she will leave you alone.

Wendy annoys me but as soon as someone told me they were considering not letting me use their restroom at a party they invited me to on a construction site, I'd be asking for my bottle of Moet back.

Wendy already felt "stank" about the party from the get go so she should not have gone.  Nobody would've missed her.

Askale is so cute and I think she is super level headed until someone gets on her nerves and she gets them together like she did with Mia, I wish we could see more of her life because as of now I am thinking she would've been a better fit than Mia.

I heard she was under consideration to be a housewife but she had just given birth to her daughter and it was a difficult birth and she hadn't healed by the time filming started so they went with Mia instead.

7 hours ago, Rorysmom said:

I loved the addition of both Wendy and Eboni on RHofNY. But I think because of their political commentary jobs (and maybe their inherent personalities that make them good at their jobs?), to me, when they argue, it come across differently. I'm not sure how to phrase it exactly, but "politically commentator-ary combative" is the best I can come up with. That's why the GEBs, especially Robyn, are OVER IT.

Wendy is too combative to fit with this group and every disagreement has to go from 0-1000.  We saw that from the lake house trip (and her ire should have been directed towards Monique, not Ashley).  I don't think Gizelle ever saw her as a friend, but merely a lady she's on the show with.  After the blow up in Williamsburg, Gizelle was finished with Wendy on a personal level and will only be using Wendy as a storyline from this point on.  It's in Gizelle's advantage to keep poking Wendy for views, clicks and ratings and she now knows how easily Wendy can be triggered and will be triggering Wendy pulls a Monique and finds herself off the show.

Robyn is a different case because I think Robyn actually liked Wendy but Wendy only saw Robyn as merely a lady she's on the show with.  That's why Robyn was in shock when Wendy read her down about Juan and called her relationship fake (after jumping up and down and hollering more than Robyn did at the engagement).  IMO Wendy actually has MORE vitriol for Robyn than for Gizelle and that's why Robyn is shocked.

Just as Wendy said Mia hasn't met the other Candiace, Wendy hadn't met the other Robyn. She's meeting her now. And she's going to get a lot of exasperated "OK, Wendy... damn," from Robyn from here on out.

Wendy is permanently on Robyn's X list (and vice versa).  Robyn didn't even have this level of intensity with Monique or Ashley.  They are done with each other.

**Reasonably Shady is a great listen.**

It's very funny because they stoopid.  Gizelle is Gizelle but Robyn is actually hilarious.  She makes the podcast, to be honest.

6 hours ago, RealReality said:

Because she dared to be hurt by her friends coming for her?

They're not friends and never were; that's Robyn's whole point.  For Wendy to have read them down like that, that's what Wendy felt about them to begin with (same with Ashley --she already felt a way about Ashley with the "People like YOU call me Dr. Wendy!" ---who is "people like you?"). That's why Robyn was in shock with Wendy's read and Wendy's combativeness.  Not saying Wendy doesn't have a right to be combative and angry with them, but the read she gave them wasn't that of a betrayed friend.  That read would've gone like this:

Wendy: I can't believe ya'll supposed to be my friends, and you didn't pull me to the side and let me know your concerns, you are gossiping about me behind my back!

Robyn: What's going on?

Wendy: You know what's going on! You and Gizelle have been talking about me behind my back and spreading rumors instead of being my friend and coming to me.  I'm finished with both of yall!

Instead, Wendy did this:

Wendy: Bitch, that's why you ain't got a man, everybody know Jamal don't want you, he's a piece of shit and he still don't want you, everything everybody said about you is true and that's why you sitting home miserable cuz you ain't got a man and you'll never have a man or never get a man because you're a miserable piece of shit!

Wendy: bitch, sit yo brolic ass down, that's why Juan don't want you, he ain't never gonna marry you, your shit is fake and you are pathetic!

One read is laced in "I'm hurt & you betrayed me" and the other read is "Both you bitches is pathetic & miserable and I ain't never liked you in the first place."

Robyn is pretty perceptive about others and even in her drunk state she picked up on the fact that Wendy never really liked her or Gizelle in the first place.  What Robyn & Gizelle need to be honest about is the feeling was mutual (at least on Gizelle's part).

If they were both so "concerned" but NEEDED to get it on camera they could have pulled Wendy into their pre dinner conversation where they were talking about wendy.

They should have, but I guarantee even if they had pulled Wendy to the side away from the others, she would've gone from 0-1000 on them.

And in gizelles case, maybe more than a little from a place of jealousy and insecurity.

Gizelle first talked about how Wendy's clothes showed too much skin, before she ever even approached a shift in personality.  

"We gotta talk about that, I've seem more of your body than I ever have" was gizelles lead in at the dinner table. 

I don't think Gizelle is jealous of Wendy's body at all.  But if you've been covered up when we last worked together and all of a sudden your boobs are busting out in my face areolas getting ready to make an escape, then we want to know what is going on.  Especially when the stripper in the group (whose surgeries you tried to clown) is covered up more than you are.  Especially when in the scenes with your husband, you are covered up.

Wendy knows she was wrong to have her boobs busting out in everyone's face because after that first dinner when they questioned her, she went to cover up and she's been covered up ever since.

6 hours ago, DanielleBowden said:

Robyn was telling the bathroom story as an example of "Reasonably Shady": Gizelle was being shady with the bathroom ban and Robyn (reasonable) told her no, she wasn't going to do the party with her with the bathroom ban and Gizelle relented.  Robyn never got to tell the end of the story because Wendy immediately demanded to know who was banned from the bathroom.  She already had an attitude about the invitation and the bathroom ban took her over the top.

31 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

So if we all had agreed last season that the blogs were bad, they lie and fabricate stories, why are you using the trash blogs to build your storyline and strengthen your case? 

That's why Candiace was upset (wasn't shown) because she wanted to know why would they bring gossip from the blog (powered by Monique) that had vicious rumors about all of them to the show?

32 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

I agree with all of this. They aren't her real friends. The true dynamic of Robyn, Gizelle, and Wendy will never be known due to what happened last season. I do believe that Gizelle and Wendy would have gone at it last season if the altercation did not happen, because there are a few scenes that made me feel like it was going that way. 

The true dynamic of Robyn, Gizelle and Wendy is this:

• Gizelle felt Wendy was thirsty from the get-go and only regarded her as this lady she's on the show with.  She kept it cute because they were sorority sisters.
  • Robyn liked Wendy as a coworker; she was fine with her.
  • Wendy thought she would be exempt from Gizelle's games because they are sorority sisters.
  • Gizelle saw Wendy's new body, coming for Mia for no reason with the Tick Tock Mia and sliding up to Karen as proof of Wendy's thirst and decided to give her something to drink (Eddie rumors)
  • Robyn was fine with discussing it because everyone's situation and man has been discussed on the show
  • When Wendy caught wind that Robyn & Gizelle were going to bring the Eddie rumors to the show, she decided to arm herself with some reads on both Robyn and Gizelle because 1) she knows people dislike them and 2) everyone cheered when Monique read Gizelle down
  • When Wendy read Gizelle down, it just proved to Gizelle that Wendy was looking for her moment and got it, so she was finished with Wendy at that very moment
  • Robyn was in shock because everyone's situation has been discussed on the show & for Wendy to deliver that read to her meant to her that Wendy never liked her in the first place.  She's shocked and doesn't want anything more to do with Wendy beyond what she's required to do

Gizelle is going to keep poking Wendy and triggering Wendy to get her own TV moments and storyline until Wendy implodes like Monique and leaves the show.

9 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Gizelle should take notes and change every single thing about her personal style with is and remains tacky.  

But Gizelle is fine and happy with her personal style, tackiness and all.  Wendy is not fine with her looks, which is why she changed them, tries to justify them and is easily triggered by comments about them.  Wendy better come up with a new game plan because Gizelle is going to continue to poke and trigger Wendy until Wendy becomes Monique 2.0 and ends up having to leave the show.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, amarante said:

Nobody is disputing that teachers need school supplies and that there are many poor children who can't afford even basic school supplies.

She could have had her children do it in 10 minutes and that might have actually been a genuine teaching moment for her children. 

It is analogous to her *plan* for a candle business or what she is stating is her being the next Martha Stewart. And yet, she theoretically hasn't even figured out what the cost of a candle would be - let alone ancillary and overhead costs to determine whether the business would be profitable. As *lazy* as Robyn is, her hats actually represent a viable business - not only does it fill a niche but she had to figure out costs including fulfillment costs and find a distributor to manufacture the hats. I am not an expert in baseball hats but I don't think her hats are something that you just buy in bulk on Alibaba whereas a candle is generic. You just get someone to slap your personal label on mass produced candles.

That her efforts are lampooned as "ridiculous" and "ludicrous" because she did not go bigger comes off extremely ungrateful,  IMO. 

Wendy should move her efforts, her money and her platform anywhere else if this is the attitude she gets from educators. 

I cannot even imagine spending the gas money and getting such an attitude.    

Some people would appreciate whatever they got, however little

And some people apparenly feel that they are entitled to more and so they are well within their rights to ridicule and call the effort ludicrous.   

Karen spent not a dime of her own money bringing attention to black farmers, Surrey County or the lowly shelled peanut. 

Her event was tiny, so not good enough right?  

There isn't anything analogous to taking your time, money, effort and platform to do something nice and have ungrateful people laugh at it, call it ridiculous and ludicrous as to building a business to increase your personal wealth.  

• Love 4

@drivethrooteachers should be able to distribute those supplies to kids, who often do not have their own.  

In my opinion, no effort to help should be ridiculed and minimized or "poorly recieved" because it wasn't good enough.  

Teachers shouldn't have to reach into their pockets for pencils and notebooks for kids.  Which is what they often do.  

But now you can't ask a teacher to bring in their own box of kleenex?  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

I think if the supplies were described as supplies for kids, not supplies for teachers, it would've been received better.  Teachers need reams of copy paper, they need Kleenex & hand sanitizer and with the pandemic, they need masks.  We didn't see any of that. Since Askale said she used to be an educator, Wendy could've asked Askale "Hey what do teachers need as far as supplies?" and they could've organized another supply drop off to continue this storyline.

You can look back at my previous comments in earlier seasons to see I was not a fan of Candiace, but the whole Monique/fight/gaslighting/smear campaign forced me to go back and review different scenes and situations involving Candiace. The vast majority of the time when she's saying something "reckless," it's in response to someone else, usually Ashley and it strikes a nerve because more often than not, Candiace is telling the truth with her verbal bombs.  Leave Candiace alone and she will leave you alone.

Wendy already felt "stank" about the party from the get go so she should not have gone.  Nobody would've missed her.

I heard she was under consideration to be a housewife but she had just given birth to her daughter and it was a difficult birth and she hadn't healed by the time filming started so they went with Mia instead.

Wendy is too combative to fit with this group and every disagreement has to go from 0-1000.  We saw that from the lake house trip (and her ire should have been directed towards Monique, not Ashley).  I don't think Gizelle ever saw her as a friend, but merely a lady she's on the show with.  After the blow up in Williamsburg, Gizelle was finished with Wendy on a personal level and will only be using Wendy as a storyline from this point on.  It's in Gizelle's advantage to keep poking Wendy for views, clicks and ratings and she now knows how easily Wendy can be triggered and will be triggering Wendy pulls a Monique and finds herself off the show.

Robyn is a different case because I think Robyn actually liked Wendy but Wendy only saw Robyn as merely a lady she's on the show with.  That's why Robyn was in shock when Wendy read her down about Juan and called her relationship fake (after jumping up and down and hollering more than Robyn did at the engagement).  IMO Wendy actually has MORE vitriol for Robyn than for Gizelle and that's why Robyn is shocked.

Wendy is permanently on Robyn's X list (and vice versa).  Robyn didn't even have this level of intensity with Monique or Ashley.  They are done with each other.

It's very funny because they stoopid.  Gizelle is Gizelle but Robyn is actually hilarious.  She makes the podcast, to be honest.

They're not friends and never were; that's Robyn's whole point.  For Wendy to have read them down like that, that's what Wendy felt about them to begin with (same with Ashley --she already felt a way about Ashley with the "People like YOU call me Dr. Wendy!" ---who is "people like you?"). That's why Robyn was in shock with Wendy's read and Wendy's combativeness.  Not saying Wendy doesn't have a right to be combative and angry with them, but the read she gave them wasn't that of a betrayed friend.  That read would've gone like this:

Wendy: I can't believe ya'll supposed to be my friends, and you didn't pull me to the side and let me know your concerns, you are gossiping about me behind my back!

Wendy: You know what's going on! You and Gizelle have been talking about me behind my back and spreading rumors instead of being my friend and coming to me.  I'm finished with both of yall!

Instead, Wendy did this:

Wendy: Bitch, that's why you ain't got a man, everybody know Jamal don't want you, he's a piece of shit and he still don't want you, everything everybody said about you is true and that's why you sitting home miserable cuz you ain't got a man and you'll never have a man or never get a man because you're a miserable piece of shit!

Wendy: bitch, sit yo brolic ass down, that's why Juan don't want you, he ain't never gonna marry you, your shit is fake and you are pathetic!

One read is laced in "I'm hurt & you betrayed me" and the other read is "Both you bitches is pathetic & miserable and I ain't never liked you in the first place."

Robyn is pretty perceptive about others and even in her drunk state she picked up on the fact that Wendy never really liked her or Gizelle in the first place.  What Robyn & Gizelle need to be honest about is the feeling was mutual (at least on Gizelle's part).

They should have, but I guarantee even if they had pulled Wendy to the side away from the others, she would've gone from 0-1000 on them.

I don't think Gizelle is jealous of Wendy's body at all.  But if you've been covered up when we last worked together and all of a sudden your boobs are busting out in my face areolas getting ready to make an escape, then we want to know what is going on.  Especially when the stripper in the group (whose surgeries you tried to clown) is covered up more than you are.  Especially when in the scenes with your husband, you are covered up.

Wendy knows she was wrong to have her boobs busting out in everyone's face because after that first dinner when they questioned her, she went to cover up and she's been covered up ever since.

Robyn was telling the bathroom story as an example of "Reasonably Shady": Gizelle was being shady with the bathroom ban and Robyn (reasonable) told her no, she wasn't going to do the party with her with the bathroom ban and Gizelle relented.  Robyn never got to tell the end of the story because Wendy immediately demanded to know who was banned from the bathroom.  She already had an attitude about the invitation and the bathroom ban took her over the top.

That's why Candiace was upset (wasn't shown) because she wanted to know why would they bring gossip from the blog (powered by Monique) that had vicious rumors about all of them to the show?

The true dynamic of Robyn, Gizelle and Wendy is this:

• Gizelle felt Wendy was thirsty from the get-go and only regarded her as this lady she's on the show with.  She kept it cute because they were sorority sisters.
  • Robyn liked Wendy as a coworker; she was fine with her.
  • Wendy thought she would be exempt from Gizelle's games because they are sorority sisters.
  • Gizelle saw Wendy's new body, coming for Mia for no reason with the Tick Tock Mia and sliding up to Karen as proof of Wendy's thirst and decided to give her something to drink (Eddie rumors)
  • Robyn was fine with discussing it because everyone's situation and man has been discussed on the show
  • When Wendy caught wind that Robyn & Gizelle were going to bring the Eddie rumors to the show, she decided to arm herself with some reads on both Robyn and Gizelle because 1) she knows people dislike them and 2) everyone cheered when Monique read Gizelle down
  • When Wendy read Gizelle down, it just proved to Gizelle that Wendy was looking for her moment and got it, so she was finished with Wendy at that very moment
  • Robyn was in shock because everyone's situation has been discussed on the show & for Wendy to deliver that read to her meant to her that Wendy never liked her in the first place.  She's shocked and doesn't want anything more to do with Wendy beyond what she's required to do

Gizelle is going to keep poking Wendy and triggering Wendy to get her own TV moments and storyline until Wendy implodes like Monique and leaves the show.

But Gizelle is fine and happy with her personal style, tackiness and all.  Wendy is not fine with her looks, which is why she changed them, tries to justify them and is easily triggered by comments about them.  Wendy better come up with a new game plan because Gizelle is going to continue to poke and trigger Wendy until Wendy becomes Monique 2.0 and ends up having to leave the show.

If they were never friends why was Robyn whining about how hurt she was by Wendy calling her and Juan's relationship fake?

Robyn came for Wendy first.  If they weren't ever friends and that's what Robyn is hanging her hat on for coming at wendy then she shouldn't have  been upset when Wendy called her relationship fake and she should have been absolutely fine that Wendy didn't mention Juan coming on the trip.

But Robyn's concern trolling wasn't anything that was coming from a friendly place.  Particularly since the question had been asked and answered.  

So for Robyn to suddenly decide that what SHE said was fine between friends and what Wendy said was just unacceptable for a friend is silly to me.  

You out here calling me all kinds of assholes and flighty and not having substance and THATS okay.  But imma tell you that you're in a fake relationship and now it's "crossed a line"

And at the end of the day this is all Wendy said to Robyn that I can remember "you don't even have a real relationship for anyone to be worried about" or something along those lines.  

Why is it wrong for Wendy to have her boobs out on a girl's trip?    

Because she was shamed for it by four harpies? 

That doesn't mean she was wrong to dress how she wanted it means that, like a lot of other women, she was shamed into conforming to what others wanted. 

That doesn't make Robyn or gizelle or Mia right.    It makes them haters. 

Why do any of them give a shit what Wendy is wearing for it to be right or wrong?  

**********?**

I think gizelle is jealous.  I dont think she can afford plastic surgery.  Or at least that is what her dollar store wig and crumbling house are telling me.

She is driving around in Jamal car, does she have one of her own anymore? Maybe. Or maybe she is just dying to show off that high end fiat on TV?  Everyone else on the cast is driving a luxury car, even Robyn.  And IIRC gizelle used to drive a luxury car so it's not like she was always above it all. 

Gizelle is vain.  This is fine but she doesn't look the same as she did when this series started.  She looks great in her talking heads, but in the filmed scenes she is looking boxier and more wrinkled. 

So I think seeing someone get their glowup is not sitting well with her.

Wendy has the barbie doll shape now.  Boobs, butt, small waist. You can call the boobs bolt on or whatever, but this is the sought after body shape these days. 

And I think she also did something to her face.  But it's imperceptible.

She just looks good.  I'd admit that the bus look and the dinner look weren't for me.  But I think she looks great.    

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Robyn was in shock because everyone's situation has been discussed on the show & for Wendy to deliver that read to her meant to her that Wendy never liked her in the first place.  She's shocked and doesn't want anything more to do with Wendy beyond what she's required to do

Generally I agree with this, but if I could just play devil's advocate for a second. If I have spent some time with someone, especially on a reality show, I know what makes them tick. This is an extreme example, but this happens with married couples all the time. People become unrecognizable during a divorce. They once loved you, but in a divorce they spew vitriol at you in a way that you couldn't believe from a person you used to love. With casual and close friends, you know things about them that you can use in an argument should it come to that. That's what may have happened with Wendy. She may think wow, I have heard people clown your relationship with Juan but I sat there and supported you, but now I hear that you are discussing rumors about my marriage behind my back. Let me jab you where it hurts, since you just hurt me. Since they haven't been friends that long, it's easy to go there. It would take a lot more for Gizelle to get mad at Robyn and start making those types of comments. Karen and Gizelle were friends, but the things they say to each other, whew. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2