Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E02: The Blind Auditions Premiere, Part 2

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Axie said:

Can’t believe the singer who sang a Ariana Grande song chose Kelly as her coach.  Don’t think Ariana could believe it either.

I got the feeling that perhaps the singer chose Kelly because she's been in the business longer than Ariana. Plus when Kelly talked about song selection and having been in her shoes (AI competition)....that probably was her deciding factor.

Sometimes I just don't get the judges' choices. I didn't care for the last singer at all. The song was awful, forgettable garbage, and the performance was nothing special, and she gets 4 chairs. The one just before her I thought had a really nice voice, and nobody turns. I used to like this show, but now I only watch it when there's absolutely nothing else on, and then only the blinds.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, MsTree said:

I got the feeling that perhaps the singer chose Kelly because she's been in the business longer than Ariana. Plus when Kelly talked about song selection and having been in her shoes (AI competition)....that probably was her deciding factor.

Agreed. For all the over the top back and forth with Blake and the others, when Kelly starts actually critiquing a song/singer/performance she usually has good points and clear-eyed judgements about what a singer did. They all make good points at times, but I think Kelly is the most consistent in clear, concise, actionable commentary - both based on her own experiences as a contestant and her professional career since. 

• Love 7

I went over to my daughters last night and she was watching this on HULU and after sitting through the Blake and Kelly show I'm glad I'm skipping this season. That is not entertainment it is annoying as hell. I know the producers wanted to keep the Blake and Adam rivalry going with Kelly but they were off the rails last night. It's annoying enough when the coaches won't shut up when a contestant is singing but this bickering is getting old and it's not fun to watch.

I'm convinced that Gwen and Ariana go to the same wig shop. If Ariana wore red lipstick and thigh high boots she would be Gwen's mini-me, she even sounded like Gwen when she whooo. It seems like Ariana doesn't have any rhyme or reason to the placements of her tattoos, she even had them on the palm of her hand. Maybe it's because I don't like her but she seemed phony to me. Okay, I'm stepping off my bitch box now ;-) 

• Love 3

This season is annoying.  I don't remember really liking any singers.

Both Blake and Kelly need to calm down.  I do like a little banter between the coaches but not this much. 

ETA - Ariana pressing her button was obnoxious too.  One or two times would have be fine but she kept doing it.  Let John finish talking.

Edited by realdancemom
  • Love 2
On 9/21/2021 at 11:34 PM, Axie said:

Can’t believe the singer who sang a Ariana Grande song chose Kelly as her coach.  Don’t think Ariana could believe it either

Kelly wasn't expecting it either. I always enjoy her surprised reactions because they are genuine.

Also enjoyed Carson trying to coach Ariana saying you should have blocked him (John). Not sure that was meant to be seen and they just left it in. Funny that there's side stuff going on.

The judges bantering doesn't bother me as much the audience screaming over the singers throughout their performance especially for the auditions. It makes it so hard to hear them. I don't remember it being this loud in the past. 

I wrote in the other thread that the only way for me to watch this show is with it recorded on my DVR. Then I fast-forward through all the back-stories (I don't care unless I really like the singer) and all of the banter between judges. I only watch each performance and then a few of the judge's comments if I like their voice. If I don't like their voice, I skip the comments. 

I really enjoy the show under these parameters!

I really liked the guy with the dread-locks who sang the slower version of a famous rock song. I found his voice and the way he sang that song very appealing. I believe he chose John as his coach. 

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

the only way for me to watch this show is with it recorded on my DVR. Then I fast-forward through all the back-stories (I don't care unless I really like the singer) and all of the banter between judges. I only watch each performance and then a few of the judge's comments if I like their voice. If I don't like their voice, I skip the comments. 

I really enjoy the show under these parameters

You're not alone. A 2 hour "show" (minus all the commercials, banter between judges and boring back stories) usually gives me 30 minutes of the real singing competition. 

It never was this bad. It just keeps getting worse every season. 

• Love 3
On 9/25/2021 at 2:19 PM, ChristmasJones said:

I wrote in the other thread that the only way for me to watch this show is with it recorded on my DVR. Then I fast-forward through all the back-stories (I don't care unless I really like the singer) and all of the banter between judges. I only watch each performance and then a few of the judge's comments if I like their voice. If I don't like their voice, I skip the comments. 

Same for me! I fast-forward through almost all the sob stories and a lot of the judges’ arguing. It’s the only way I can watch the show. 

• Love 1

I’m hoping they don’t  get a couple of very talented artists from NC that will make me feel compelled to watch and support with my votes.  It happens quite a bit with this show as well as others.  I’m not sure what it is.  I think NC has a lot of good singers. Like Oklahoma.  It’s weird.  🤔