Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Aftermath

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

New season, beginning October 10, 2021:

Just as McCall considers ending her work as The Equalizer, she’s pulled back in when she takes on Detective Marcus Dante as a new client who needs her help to find an untraceable group of bank robbers.

Like I said in the other thread, wouldn't this fall under the jurisdiction of the FBI and out of Dante's hands?

Speculation.

I have seen the story on Law & Order Los Angeles and The Closer of the marijuana industry being robbed. They need banking services and it is all cash since the federal government refuses to go along with many states, which New York recently joined,  legalization and decriminalization

Edited by Raja
  • Love 2
On 9/16/2021 at 11:59 AM, Johann said:

Like I said in the other thread, wouldn't this fall under the jurisdiction of the FBI and out of Dante's hands?

Since this show seems to be Hawaii 5-0 in winter coats, I will predict that the cops are somehow in on it hence why Det. Dante has to go to the folks who will do what the regular cops can't/wont.

36 minutes ago, janeta said:

Unpopular opinion: I don’t care about Delilah. 

Not unpopular with me. I think that's why I like the OG Equalizer series so much: Robert McCall's grown son - while he did show up - didn't seem as annoying (most of the time) and was not in every episode, but then, both McCall men were adults there, so that may make a difference.

But if Delilah vanished, I wouldn't cry.

• Love 5

I hate that on TV Shows, all the bad guys at the very top go to prison and everybody under them goes to the morgue.

They sure put a lot of bodies in the ground this episode, I wonder if they let anybody know.

The bad guy fired his gun 3 times at McCall before he ran out of bullets, I think he needs a better gun.

• Love 2
On 9/16/2021 at 11:59 AM, Johann said:

So it turns out that Detective Dante just didn't trust the FBI to get the robbers because the NYPD had nothing on the murderers. I'm not sure about the law since only safety deposit boxes were stolen and not the federally insured cash. If the FBI would just tell the NYPD your case with have other stuff to do.

35 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

The bad guy fired his gun 3 times at McCall before he ran out of bullets, I think he needs a better gun.

After a couple of on set accidental deaths from blank ammunition you often see slides lock open on an empty magazine after the 1 or 2 shots the script called for. On a show with as much shooting as this one  you wouldn't expect that rookie production mistake.

1 hour ago, janeta said:

Can someone remind me—what was in the safe deposit box the bad guys took?

They thought it was the proof that the congressman ran an unauthorized coup in that made up Central American country. Because why would you want to destroy it? Make sure you keep that incriminating shit in your personal safe. It's the smart play.

Edited by AimingforYoko
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, janeta said:

Can someone remind me—what was in the safe deposit box the bad guys took?

I think it was where "Horrible Dad" kept all of the jewelry that he stole, so that if the Police ever raided his house, they wouldn't find anything. He told the "Politician's Goon" that was where he had the "Coup Evidence" (which it wasn't) as a stalling tactic, hoping the goons would get caught trying to recover it. 

Can someone remind me - how Dante got his hands on the Congressman’s watch.

• Love 2

Like normal the case had holes (pun unintended) but I pretty much just accept that in most TV/movies.

Also glad Robyn straightened out Delilah and Aunt Vi.  I don't like kids on shows as anything more than a passing occasion but I especially can't stand flippant ones.  I get she's upset but she could always go live with her dad.

I also expect that Harry's coming back to life will be a good chunk of the season.

While I understand McCall works outside of the law, I do get annoyed with these shows that decide shooting up the place and killing everyone with a pulse is the way to go.  I get that some of that is going to happen but every single time?

On a less serious note, McCall's earring game is once again strong, lol.  The first pair looked a bit heavy though but the others were nice.

• Love 4

Sorry, I'm out.

Season 1 was unrealistic and unbelievable with more holes than plot. I thought I'd give S2 a shot to see if it might have improved, but not according to what I've seen, and not according to what has been hinted as coming up. So, like I say, I'm done.

Bishop!  You are looking particularly delicious....Thanks for that few minutes on my screen!

I loved the sweater she gave Harry.  Granny squares and crochet is very in these days.  I'll have to screenshot & get some more details on it. 

Delila just better keep her trap shut.  

Good to see you, Robyn!  It's been too long since you kicked some ass & took some names!

• Love 3

I thought Delilah was ridiculous feeling so betrayed. Did she expect her spy mother to tell her about all her undercover activities? Especially when she's shown such a total lack of maturity? 

I am trying really hard to like this show, but I am struggling.

• Love 3

This episode was...not good. And yet, I am still glad to have the show back. 

I like Delilah, but she absolutely deserved being told off by Robyn.  Teen misbehavior is handwaved a lot on TV (by writers AND viewers), so I appreciate that Robyn shut it down when she got out of line.  I also chuckled at Vi being offended.  This was the best scene of the episode. 

I wonder if we ever get to see the ex-husband, or is he meant to be a Wilson variant (hat tip to Home Improvement). 

I speculated last season that Robyn wasn't hurting for money, and she confirmed it this episode. 

1 hour ago, paigow said:

The show salvaged some credibility by McCall losing the knife fight - and needing Dante to kill that dude. At least one guy at the CIA had better skills than her...

Yes!

Edited by ribboninthesky1
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, possibilities said:

I thought Delilah was ridiculous feeling so betrayed. Did she expect her spy mother to tell her about all her undercover activities? Especially when she's shown such a total lack of maturity? 

Teenagers are usually just behind toddlers on the maturity scale.  The world DOES revolve around them, they SHOULD get everything they want, if they whine enough, they WILL get their way, the entire universe IS at their beck and call, and their parents OWE them everything.  (Yes, I've raised kids)

Pretty typical.  Annoying AF, but typical.  

Robyn did a nice slap-down in a loving, calm way.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I enjoyed seeing Robyn working with Dante so well.  Hoping there will be more team ups in the future.  I think he still doesn't even know her name, what does he call her.  What would he shout out to get her attention.... "hey.... you"?  She should at least give him some kind of fake name.

I don't care about Harry and his whining about being "dead".  At all.  He's been living in the same place underground for five years?  Because of his federal crimes and because someone from the mob will kill him?  Why not alter appearance and leave the country and go and live a quiet life?  Stay off the cyber network and nobody will find him.  I would go crazy living underground in a dark windowless space for five years.

15 hours ago, possibilities said:

I agree, I don't understand why she felt so betrayed, but I am glad that the Queen smacked her down and told her how it is.  I doubt this will be the end of the angsty angry teen storylines, but here's hoping.  We need more Aunt Vi and I hope we can see them all doing more things together as a family and laughing, like when they TikTokked to "Levitating".

Edited by blackwing
  • Love 3

Agree and disagree about some things.

Agree that it was good that Robyn put her daughter in her place.  "It's your fault you were nosy and learned things you weren't ready to learn."  Awesome.

Disagree about not liking the Harry storyline.  I love Harry and his wife and look forward to, hopefully, seeing more of them.

Also disagree with those not liking this episode or the show.  Not disagreeing with your right to an opinion, just - I love this show.

I still want to know where the FBI was.  They should have at least been there at the beginning.  Then, if it not being federally insured money taken, if that's the reason, then they could step back.

I thought the sweater was a joke and Harry, being Harry, liked it for its weirdness.  I'm so out of the fashion loop.

Anyway, glad this show id back!

• Love 2

Loved Robyn's smack down of Delilah. Thank you! I hate when shows let the teen continue to get away with that crap and their parent/parents' never say anything because God forbid that should happen.

Queen Latifah has really beautiful hair.