Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: A Lot Dirtier Than That

paulvdb

Multiple musical numbers this episode. I always think Ellis sounds a bit flat, but I'm not quite sure if he just has a limited range or if it's all the post processing they put on there. Still, bridge over troubled water was very nice.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I missed something, why did Officer Harris think that Amenadiel owes her $10?

She bet him $10 that his uniform would get dirtier after he spilled the coffee on himself so not to bother changing or something. 

• Love 2

Figured they were going to have an episode addressing racism in the police force once Amenadiel put on that uniform: right down to bringing back Reiben from "Super Bad Boyfriend."  I wonder if Amenadiel is really going to stay there for the rest of his time on the show or something else is in store for him.

No surprise that Lucifer bungles his initial attempts to bond with Rory, but at least they seem to finally connect through song.

I'm guessing the final shot of Chloe was hinting that she still can't shake off being a detective and might be having second thoughts about joining Lucifer as his partner in heaven.  We shall see!

• Love 5

I can't believe they decide to create 2 major storylines, Amenadiel being a cop, & Rory & the absent Lucifer, for the final season that only has 10 episodes. Not to mention Ella figuring everything out, & Dan is a ghost. They should be wrapping things up, not creating new crap.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, GaT said:

I can't believe they decide to create 2 major storylines, Amenadiel being a cop, & Rory & the absent Lucifer, for the final season that only has 10 episodes. Not to mention Ella figuring everything out, & Dan is a ghost. They should be wrapping things up, not creating new crap.

I don't really mind the Rory storyline but the Amenadiel cop story is boring me. This is the final season, I would like it more if it's all about the celestial stuff. I understand why the writers felt like they had to add it but the stuff with Amen feels like it belongs on a totally different show. 

• Love 5

They'd better not kill Lucifer off. I know that's what they're projecting with this future daughter stuff, but I hope they figure out what happened, so that they can avoid it. It seems like this only plus to this story line, other than her getting to meet her dad, and seeing that he wouldn't have left her if he could help it.

I love Amenadiel, and I like that they're covering this more, instead of leaving it at the one episode. I also wondered if Chloe was changing her mind. I guess every episode is going to make me cry. 

• Love 2
On 9/15/2021 at 6:35 PM, Helena Dax said:

I loved Ella trying to check Amenadiel's wings and halo, and I also laughed when Lucifer sang that song during the party, but other than that, it was boring. I'm over Rory.

While I didn’t find the episode boring, I too, am over the Rory angst.  They all keep telling Lucifer to consider her feelings, but what about Luci’s?  He’s abruptly confronted with the fact he will have a daughter, and is confused abt his disappearing, plus the fact that he has a daughter.  While his attempts to bond were pure early Luci, I did like that Maze supported his trying even if he failed so completely.

Amenadiel’s storyline was heartbreaking and made me angry.  It really puts a focus of how Black officers are treated in the system (not all of course), and the indifference that some well meaning cops fall into.  Dan’s regrets not following up on Det R (don’t remember his name), and Chloe’s “they get it right in the long run” speech, both not understanding or ignoring what being it means to be a Black officer trying to 1) protect their community, 2) fight against the very real narrow vision that some cops fall into regarding victims of color or ethnicity.  I thought this storyline was really well done.

And of course Ella brightening a depressing episode with her line of questioning, and her groping for Amenadiel’s ‘halo’.  LOL

• Love 9

Oh yeah, I am so over Rory and her angst already. The show is almost over, cant we spend time on the characters we actually care about instead of this emo girl from the future? At this point its just sad watching him bend over backwards (in his own Luci way) to bond with her but she keeps telling him to screw himself because she's mad about things that haven't even happened yet. "Make up for what he did?" He didn't do anything! He hasn't abandoned Rory at all at this point, you cant be mad at someone for something that hasn't even happened yet! Not to mention the fact that it sounds like she has had a lovely childhood with an awesome mom and extended family, it just makes her angst sound even more whiny. Is Rory supposed to be an actual teenager, or is she supposed to be an adult? At least if she's supposed to be a real teenager I can be a bit more understanding of excessive angst, but if she's supposed to be older? Like I think she is? Yikes. I did like that Maze was trying to support Lucifer and is I think the first person to tell Rory to cut her dad some slack. 

Amenadiel has to deal with racism within the department, even being stuck dealing with that racist creep from a few seasons ago, and I thought that the plot was handled quite well. Its hard to watch how many peoples lives can be ruined by bigots and how officers of color can be treated by the people who are supposed to be on their side, and I also like that they brought up how many well meaning cops like Chloe can end up unintentionally turning a blind eye to the systematic issues within the department, it was surprisingly subtle and meaningful. That last look made me wonder if it has hit Chloe that she has been missing some really big problems in the LAPD and wants to stick around to correct some mistakes? Her becoming a cop again to work on internal reform sounds like something she would enjoy a lot more than just hanging around the Silver City without much to do. 

• Love 6
On 9/13/2021 at 12:00 AM, thuganomics85 said:

No surprise that Lucifer bungles his initial attempts to bond with Rory, but at least they seem to finally connect through song.

To be fair though, all the girl has done is be piss and vinegar the whole time. She's the one that went back in time. Of course Lucifer goes over the top, but I can't imagine Chloe never told her how he was. 

I'm wondering if Chloe is covering for Lucifer for something. 

If Lucifer is dead in the future though, who is in charge? Dan? 

Now that I think about it, when 'dad' came down for a visit, nothing fell apart. Hell *did* need someone there. Lucifer has all the rest of the siblings in line now. He can run things from his home office while Chloe is commissioner or whatever. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Love 1

Binge watched this series over about the past month.  

Rory is such a fu**** useless annoying character. 

Really the whole last season I just don't care about so far.  

Really should have ended it after season five. This all seems like filler and stretching things to the end.  

• Love 2

If Lucifer is dead I bet it’s because of Rory. Most likely accidentally, but that’s why Chloe would lie. If a father dies and the relationship was good, no way mom is gonna spare her kid the story. Unless it tarnishes dad’s image in kid’s eyes. But I don’t think this is the case here. Most likely the lie is to spare Rory. 

• Love 1