Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Buckets of Baggage

paulvdb

Either Lucifer is a bad influence on Chloe or Amen's rod is. Because she's been acting more and more like Lucifer. 

I was hoping to meet one of Maze's siblings, not have yet another Angel against Lucifer storyline. They really want to tell the same story for the final season? Are we supposed to know who that girl is, is that why they are not saying her name. Unless she turns out to be his daughter. 

Also Dan is dumb, he just got manipulated again. 

• Love 6

So, the mysterious legs from the premiere are attached to some mysterious angel played by Brianna Hildebrand (Negasonic Teenage Warhead from the Deadpool franchise), who has some kind of vendetta against Lucifer, which really doesn't narrow things down since I imagine a lot of angels have beef with him.  Right now her current plan is dangle the possibility of going back to Earth to Dan, in order to find out how he came so close to killing him.  Which... he currently seems to be falling for.  Dammit, Dan!

Can't say that breaking into someone's house and discovering they are a recovering alcoholic seems like the best way to start a new romantic relationship, but maybe Ella and Carol will overcome those odds!  To be fair, plenty of couples on various forms of televisions have managed to work out despite even worst odds!

I'm guessing Amenadiel's rod (no, not that one!) is what is causing Chloe to become more crazed and even violent.  You know it's a bad sign when even Maze throws in the towel...

Possible frog falling from the sky?  Is having no God causing the seven plagues to happen?!

• Love 3

Why does the new angel have sparkly red wings? Have we seen red wings before? When she was talking to the nurse covered in blood & they showed Michael, they didn't show his face or have him talk which I thought was odd since obviously, Tom Ellis is still on the show. I wonder if that means something?

I found these 2 episodes kind of draggy & repetitive, I hope the season gets better.

• Love 2

I still think that Amenadiel would make a better "God" than Lucifer, Amenadiel has all of the qualities that Lucifer is is trying to fake.

I thought it weird that Carol took a slip of a drink in Lux to impress Ella. As a recovering alcoholic, I guess the drink might have been non-alcoholic, but was it?

The characters are more interesting this season, especially Chloe. I guess that is a good thing, but they seem to be nodding a little to much to the fans instead of making compelling content.

They should release a pictorial of all the T-shirts that Ella has worn on the show.

• Love 3

Chloe I can understand, she's bored because she's got nothing to do, and she's now invulnerable.  To top it off, she keeps getting ready to start her new life and it keeps getting delayed (although she seems somewhat fine with that)

15 hours ago, GaT said:

they showed Michael, they didn't show his face or have him talk which I thought was odd since obviously, Tom Ellis is still on the show. I wonder if that means something?

I thought it meant they didn't feel like getting Tom Ellis in full makeup (with prosthetic severed wings) for a quick scene.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Lugal said:

I thought it meant they didn't feel like getting Tom Ellis in full makeup (with prosthetic severed wings) for a quick scene.

But they showed Michaels back with the prosthetic severed wings during the whole scene, so the only other prosthetic would be the scar on his face. Not a lot of difference.

3 hours ago, Lugal said:

Chloe I can understand, she's bored because she's got nothing to do, and she's now invulnerable.  To top it off, she keeps getting ready to start her new life and it keeps getting delayed (although she seems somewhat fine with that)

1 hour ago, GaT said:

But they showed Michaels back with the prosthetic severed wings during the whole scene, so the only other prosthetic would be the scar on his face. Not a lot of difference.

Or Tom Ellis was doing something else that day and a different actor played Michael.

18 hours ago, GaT said:

Prosthetics still take time and this way you could have the character while the actor that played him was shooting a different scene or doing something else. With COVID protocols apparently it takes a lot longer to shoot a show as they're limited on how many people can be on set. So if you can have 2 crews shooting on separate sets to get through scenes faster, it probably saves time/money and did we need to see or hear from Michael to make the scene work?

Though I will admit I was slow on the uptake and didn't realize the human the demon nurse was referencing, was Dan. I thought back to the robber that shot Lucifer at LUX during the hostage crisis in season 4, as I think he came closer to killing Lucifer who was still vulnerable around Chloe that time, then when Dan shot him and he discovered he'd become invulnerable again. But I guess that guy survived his wife stabbing him and is still in jail, while Dan's in hell. 

I did enjoy Lucifer trying to help Carol, though he got it wrong at virtually every turn. And I think it interesting that Chloe is hiding from Lucifer she's carrying Amendial's necklace staff all the time. We'll see how that plays out.

• Love 1
On 9/10/2021 at 6:50 PM, Sakura12 said:

Either Lucifer is a bad influence on Chloe or Amen's rod is. Because she's been acting more and more like Lucifer. 

I was thinking the same thing. Chloe specifically said she didn't know what to do with all the time on her hands, and I immediately thought 'idle hands.'

On 9/11/2021 at 12:16 PM, AnimeMania said:

I still think that Amenadiel would make a better "God" than Lucifer, Amenadiel has all of the qualities that Lucifer is is trying to fake.

On paper, yes. Lucifer is more emotional. I think that's the intangible. I don't think Ami would have spared Michael either. 

I'm going to agree that another angel against Lucifer isn't really compelling unless we're having it be part of Dan's redemption. He did say here flat out he feels guilty for it. I'm hoping he's running game on this red angel. 

I do like that they've 'won' and are basically, so now how do we actually do this? 

Tom Ellis just seems to be having a blast. The musical number was just great, and for some reason his thumbs up to Lopez just cracked me up. 

It's tough being a new character in a final season, but I like Carol and the actor is doing really well. 

Their Supercop routine on Niles was great. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I'm going to agree that another angel against Lucifer isn't really compelling unless we're having it be part of Dan's redemption. He did say here flat out he feels guilty for it. I'm hoping he's running game on this red angel. 

Yet another season of "Let's Kill Lucifer" would be, well, Hell.  Dumb and painful.  I'm hoping that Lucifer realizes quickly that the thrones of both Heaven and Hell need to be filled.  

On 9/11/2021 at 3:38 AM, GaT said:

Why does the new angel have sparkly red wings? Have we seen red wings before? When she was talking to the nurse covered in blood & they showed Michael, they didn't show his face or have him talk which I thought was odd since obviously, Tom Ellis is still on the show. I wonder if that means something?

I found these 2 episodes kind of draggy & repetitive, I hope the season gets better.

All the angels have different wings.  Luci’s=white, Amenadiel’s=gray, Michael’s =black, Remiel’s=browns, Uriel’s=tans & speckled.

I liked this episode much more than the premiere.

Not only is something going on w/Chloe (necklace? boredom?), but Linda seems to be going thru a mid-life crisis.  

When the demon nurse mentioned the guy who almost killed Lucifer, I was thinking Malcolm, who technically did kill him and would be in Hell right now.  I was disappointed it was actually Dan.  I’m guessing red Angel isn’t lying tho, because there have been stills showing Dan watching over people on Earth while in the background.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, sinkwriter said:

And Carol and Ella are really sweet together. He better not turn evil, or I'll be pissed.

I don’t think they’d do that to Ella twice.  Carol seems really competent, calm, sweet.  Pete always gave off that pushing too hard vibe.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, theatremouse said:

I'd call it a sort of maroonish? Not full on purple not really red either. Plus the sparkly part is really just embedded knives.

I thought it sounded and looked more like glass. To me, her wings have a similar tinkling sound to a chandelier.

This episode I found myself laughing a lot, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I am guessing next episode is when things will get jolted in to the second act of the season. 

I am so glad they got to really get to take advantage of Scott Porter's (Carol) charm and talent beyond the cameo in the finale of season 5. He's so good at balancing drama and humour. 

• Love 2

Chloe really needs to figure out something to do with her life other than being God's girlfriend, she is clearly going stir crazy. I cant blame her, but she needs direction or else she might bite of more than she can chew. When even Maze is telling you to give it a rest...

The case of the week was alright, another in this shows never ending line of "case as obvious parallel to characters personal issues" cases that this show loves so much. I am still waiting for it to turn out that its all deliberate and that God or the universe or something is still affecting how the main characters are always finding cases that just so happen to be relevant to whether is going on in their personal lives. I like Carol so far, this episode was a really nice showcase of Scott Porters natural charm. He seems very sweet, sincere, fun, and understanding of Ella and Lucifer breaking into his house and rummaging through his stuff. They seem really cute together, with their mutual love of martial arts flicks, I hope that this means Ella can end the show on a good note after her last relationship was such a nightmare. 

I was hoping to meet more of Maze's siblings and other demons, but I guess we are stuck with another of Lucifer's dickhead angel siblings with a score to settle, which we have already done a few times now. Oh Dan, I love you, but you really do need to reevaluate your life choices. I did like his "things I feel guilty about" list. 

• Love 3