Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

hate all those HGTV shows.  They are made to see products.  You are better off restoring a home, than renovating.   Renovating is endless.  Join facebook group Our Old House.

I won't renovate. My parents renovated houses when I was a kid. It was a never ending nightmare of living in houses like the one in Green Acres...missing walls, non working appliances. As soon as it was bearable, they sold it and bought another one. 

I just want some ideas for paint and shelving and stuff. I rented various dwellings for the last 25 years, and never paid a bit of attention to style. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
5 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I watch “This Old House.” I still love that show. It doesn’t have the glitz and glam of HGTV, but those old guys have taught me even the most basic carpentry tasks like how to properly hammer a nail into wood. 

Erstwhile host Steve Thomas lived in Salem and I once saw him at Steve's Quality Market.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 1
2 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

Stupid Babel commercial - all you have to say to the driver is:  "Hotel Pierre".  He will then drive there.  No other words are necessary.

Except there is no famous Hotel Pierre in Paris! And that accent of hers is not a good advertisement for Babbel.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
Just now, MagicEyes said:

What annulment? Is one of these idiots married? 

She was married and divorced. To get married by the church, she needs an annulment of the first marriage.

• Like 6
Just now, MagicEyes said:

What annulment? Is one of these idiots married? 

she was previously married hence the result of her having 2 grown girls.

Honestly. I am not catholic but i think it's not an issue bc she never got married in the catholic faith.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1